Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Black screen while starting and installing CC

Hey guys,

Yesterday I bumped up to some wierd problem when I downloaded some CC from the exchange.
Me being absolutly no newbie to CC, this bugs me very much. I started downloading some CC in genetics (not in the exchange yet, but from 3rd party websites), looking for some makeup, eyes and specificly male hairstyles. Every CC I downloaded got installed without any trouble (like it always had) and the package files were all for the sims 3 (I double check those before I place them in the package folder).

Now I did clean up my CCbackup folder, except for that ccmerge or something file, don't know the exact name, part of that I emptied that folder, same goes for featured items. Since cleaning those up, same with the cache files, can surely improve ur gameplay.

After that I looked further into CC for some make-up and male hairstyles, when I looked trough the exchange, it was the first time I every used the exchange btw, so I downloaded some things but then when I wanted to install it, the square window which gives the progress of how far ur CC is installed just stayed black and stopped working after 15 inutes. The same goes for when I start the game, the EA logo just won't load anymore and I can't foce quit it since alt tabbing won't work in loading programs, so I have to force-shut down my pc.

I deleted everything I got through the exchange but the problem won't go away, I'll googled some info but little is known about this. Can somebody please help me? :(

Comments

• Options
    DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited July 2013
    You could have gotten some bad CC from the Exchange. You say you deleted it; does that mean you deleted it from the Downloads folder? You have to uninstall it from the Launcher too. Have you tried that?
  • Options
    mattitjemattitje Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I've deleted it from the folder but nothing I downlaoded from it have made it to the installation :/
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, I did everything that was explained there, though the problem still presists :( installation progress window stays a black square and it doesn't react
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Try this test:

Temporarily move the The Sims 3 folder from \(My) Documents\Electronic Arts\ to the Desktop.

Copy the files from the Desktop The Sims 3\Downloads folder to the same folder in (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder

Now try reinstalling your content.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Deleting the download folder (I've made a back up from my sims 3 folder y'day) and replacing it worked like a charm! For one item at a time :P When I try to isntall the whole folder it doesn't react, maybe I got too much of CC but atleast it's progress
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    When you do get a lot of custom content, it is recommended by EA to install your items in small sets of items.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, I'll remember that, though I had no trouble isntalling all the CC I have when I downloaded some new one's. Tough I'll just try and check the one's that haven't been installed yet, thank u very much! ^^
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Not to sound like a whiner or something, but it stopped working again even from one item. I think I better removed it all from my game, I mean de-install it all and reinstall it after
  • Options
    Lyra21Lyra21 Posts: 1 New Member
    I got the same problem because of corrupted .package
    Did you install some mods or anything?
    Problem can be in there.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Lyra21 - We're going to have to assume that the OP has worked through their issues by now since this conversation took place almost 5 years ago. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    And closing this one as necro :)

-Mage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top