March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    There are different types of desert climates, cold and hot. The Sahara would be hot so yes snow there is relatively rare. I'm not sure what Oasis Springs is specifically based on but while snow there may not be likely, it's far from impossible.
    6riwm5.png
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    It snows in Utah (desert climate) every winter :)
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    AspenSims wrote: »
    It snows in Utah (desert climate) every winter :)

Was just going to comment that.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Can I just say, as a Brit I'm loving all this talk about the weather. :D
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 261 Member
    I hope they made some more pool interactions for summer, like Marco Polo or who can hold their breath underwater for the longest!
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m very curious if granite falls will get snowy. Would love to set that up for sims to enjoy in the winter too by adding an ice rink and stuff.

Also will the weather affect what bugs you can collect and when? It would be weird to have mosquitoes around during snow for instance.

My one main question/concern is regarding clothing. I’m guessing we’ll choose outerwear for fall and winter and if it’s cold enough they’ll automatically be wearing it, and other then that we can adjust outfits every season. This could get time consuming and makes me miss having my sims clothes saved to a dresser so I didn’t have to scroll thru so many choices. Being able to save our outfits in CAS is going to become a need more then a want.

My bigger concern though is premades. I don’t want to see Bella Goth for instance in some weird coat with her tiny red dress and I don’t want to have to redress the entire world every season.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Can I just say, as a Brit I'm loving all this talk about the weather. :D

Me too! I miss my rain... :D
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited May 2018
    hmae123 wrote: »
    I’m very curious if granite falls will get snowy.

That would be pretty cool, a nice campfire in the cold wilderness at Granite Falls! It reminds me of when I was in cadets when I was like 13 years old. We went on a winter survival trip. We were all supposed to setup and sleep in lean-to tents outside, but everyone ended up freezing their butts off and the leaders decided to bring everyone back inside, lol! The worst was the feet, they got really cold! One person got sent home early because they ended up getting frost bite all over his fingers.

• honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited May 2018
    here in Tennessee in the east of Tennessee it snows more because of the smoky mountain's then the west of Tennessee doe's
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    I think the Gamechangers usually have to sign non disclosure agreements. Does this also hold true for random people attending EA Play who will play Seasons?
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I think the Gamechangers usually have to sign non disclosure agreements. Does this also hold true for random people attending EA Play who will play Seasons?

Maybe they won’t get to play the full game. They might limit what they are able to do in the game, maybe only let them play in live mode and only for a limited time or something like that.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I think it will be embargoed sadly.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    I’m very curious if granite falls will get snowy. Would love to set that up for sims to enjoy in the winter too by adding an ice rink and stuff.

Also will the weather affect what bugs you can collect and when? It would be weird to have mosquitoes around during snow for instance.

My one main question/concern is regarding clothing. I’m guessing we’ll choose outerwear for fall and winter and if it’s cold enough they’ll automatically be wearing it, and other then that we can adjust outfits every season. This could get time consuming and makes me miss having my sims clothes saved to a dresser so I didn’t have to scroll thru so many choices. Being able to save our outfits in CAS is going to become a need more then a want.

My bigger concern though is premades. I don’t want to see Bella Goth for instance in some weird coat with her tiny red dress and I don’t want to have to redress the entire world every season.

You can save your outfits in CAS though. Each category saves up to 5 outfits.
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > Aeroprincess87 wrote: »
    >
    > Faust-RSI wrote: »
    >
    > So we'll get snow in a desert, it seems. *facepalm*
    > invisiblgirl wrote: »
    >
    > it seemed to be permanent.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No it's not.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It does snow in deserts in real life. So I don't know what the face palm is for.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It doesn't snow on deserts in real life, usually. I think snow in the Sahara only happened three times in 40 years. It's a rare climate condition as there needs to be enough water in the atmosphere to rain as snow when temperature falls down to negative Celsius in the night.

I live in a desert yet I recall shoveling snow this winter more than once. In fact what defines a desert is not its temperature but its perspiration. The vast majority of Antarctica is a desert. It is in fact the worlds largest and driest desert. All the moisture that desert is snow and it happens extremely rarely. The second largest desert in the world is also polar, the arctic desert. Now outside of the polar deserts, which Oasis Spring clearly isn't set in, there are deserts like the Great Basin in the western US (where I live), or the Gobi desert in China that do get snow.

Oasis springs looks a lot like Arizona, Southern Utah, Southern California or New Mexico. All of which get some snow but it is rare like once year or so and then usually not very much. Search Google for proof if you wish. So in short snow in the desert isn't that rare and in some deserts it is common like the one I live in norther Utah. The Sahara is not a typical desert. To be honest there really isn't one. Deserts get snow if it is in the norm in the part of the world it is in. It just get less snow do to the lack of perspiration that defines it.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited May 2018

You can save your outfits in CAS though. Each category saves up to 5 outfits. [/quote]

I know but I like using all five slots so they wear various things everyday. I’ll want to have five in each category for every season. I really think they should allow us to save a style in cas. They have saved outfits from maxis already why not let us save special outfits in there too?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Hi all! Just a reminder, as the OP, to shift speculation about what's in the pack elsewhere, especially since a lot more info is incoming starting tomorrow! Thanks :)

Cool. I didn't know they were answering questions tomorrow. I thought it would be Wednesday or Thursday but even better.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Hi all! Just a reminder, as the OP, to shift speculation about what's in the pack elsewhere, especially since a lot more info is incoming starting tomorrow! Thanks :)

Wait, why is speculation not allowed? Is this thread just for info that has already come out? What's so wrong with speculation? I'm sorry if I sound annoyed, it just feels like I'm being restricted if I'm not allowed to speculate in here.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Wait, why is speculation not allowed? Is this thread just for info that has already come out? What's so wrong with speculation? I'm sorry if I sound annoyed, it just feels like I'm being restricted if I'm not allowed to speculate in here.

you can make your own thread
    I'm sure you could make a nice thread about what there might be :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited May 2018

Look at the name of the thread :) It's perfectly fine to speculate, but I believe it's already a tradition to have the thread dedicated to confirmed information (in case of Seasons, this one). I guess it's simply a matter of keeping order. There's plenty of topics for other disscussions.
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 261 Member
    The reasons for the restriction in this particular thread are that everything that's not adding info makes it take longer for me to actually gather the info and present it plus that it makes the thread less useful for people trying to use it just for finding out what we know. I do the same in my Broken Mods threads. They're for a very particular purpose, and watering the threads down makes the threads less useful in their purpose. Please do go ahead and start your own threads if you don't find ones that are doing what you're looking to do! There's plenty of room on the forums for speculating :)

I completely agree with you, sorry for posting something speculative. This is such a great thread for confirmed information, and it should stay that way :smile:

• SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member
    So, when is the full Q&A starting?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top