Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anybody else get emotional over Sims?

I never thought I would be the person to get emotional over The Sims! Not even the game but the characters and stories I created! I was looking at all my old screenshots from 2017 and all the stories I told. And when I make stories with my sims they are always emotional and I always had a song to go with a dramatic scene. It’s sounds so dumb but when was looking back at the memories and sad or happy moments in my Sims lives I would start to tear up. Which I thought was crazy so immediately got on here to talk about it. My stories are always very dramatic and when I play with a sim I have to be really connected with them and bond with them. So I don’t know, thoughts? Do you do these things?

Comments

• PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I get emotional with the stories I have created. Especially at weddings and birthdays, though simple moments can get me too
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Not always, but when I really put heart and soul into characters and a story (some times so much so that I have a few pages in my notebook about my planning!) then they usually give me a little bit of the feels when I'm playing a moment that I've pictured in my head.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    Don't beat yourself up over it. Have you never gotten emotional over a character in a book or a movie? Playing the Sims, is a little like writing that script, so it's only natural to get emotional sometimes. I got so upset over the behavior of one of MY Sims (one I created in CAS for another Sim I'd also created) that she ended up in the BIN, in a permanent time out. How DARE she flirt shamelessly with my Sims' brother-in-law, right in front of my Sim, to which she was newly engaged, and on Gift Giving Day with the whole family!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    dogboy678 wrote: »
    I never thought I would be the person to get emotional over The Sims! Not even the game but the characters and stories I created! I was looking at all my old screenshots from 2017 and all the stories I told. And when I make stories with my sims they are always emotional and I always had a song to go with a dramatic scene. It’s sounds so dumb but when was looking back at the memories and sad or happy moments in my Sims lives I would start to tear up. Which I thought was crazy so immediately got on here to talk about it. My stories are always very dramatic and when I play with a sim I have to be really connected with them and bond with them. So I don’t know, thoughts? Do you do these things?

I almost cried the other day when Jake McConnell,jr and his wife Casey passed away. They were born into the game on April 21 and died exactly one month later! I also got choked up when my sims lost their beloved pets Ash and Peanut. Those two had been in the family since the twins I'm playing were toddlers. Ash died after the twins became teens and Peanut died after they became young adults.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    edited May 2018
    Nope... :)
    Well... :/
    ...there was a little emotional tug while doing an immersion piece for my orphanage scenario.

"Meadow Thayer arrived today.
    Oh, she's an adorable child! I already know I will spoil this one."

05-30-17_1-22-18nbspPM.png

"She's an abandonment case.
    Her parents died in a car accident and custody of Meadow went to distant relatives.
    Meadow was dumped four months later on the lawn of complete strangers in another state."

05-30-17_1-23-44nbspPM.png

"They were tracked down, and from what I understand from the caseworker, the child was abandoned for superstitious reasons. Her 'guardians' claimed Meadow is an Indigo child, as related to them by the birth mother. I am aware of the term, but I am not certain what it means."
    05-30-17_1-23-24nbspPM.png

"Her mother referred to her as Indigo, but they called her Creepy."
    05-30-17_1-26-37nbspPM.png

"They said she would stare off into space as if she was seeing things that could not be seen."
    05-30-17_1-24-13nbspPM.png

"They actually believe the child was attracting ghosts and demons to their home without any evidence of paranormal activity.
    So they abandoned her."

05-30-17_1-26-00nbspPM.png

"The stupidity!"
    05-30-17_1-26-16nbspPM.png

[Sniff]
    05-30-17_1-32-10nbspPM.png

Also, I have been jotting down other immersion ideas and I have something coming up involving my cat sims
    that got me a little choked up just thinking about it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    I have a bit I don't treat them any different characters in any fictional form, I'll look at what pics I have left over and just remember how they came to be :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited May 2018
    o yea... i made this couple y know... they make me pretty hot inside. oops, i mean, they warm my heart a lot.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2018
    I had a moment once my favorite sim became old his wife who was already dead came to see him and caressed his cheek he clasped her hand in his and gazed wistfully at her he had miss her so and then the game said his time was up this was not just a visit she had come to make his death easier so I sat and waited on pins and needles for his last goodbye a week later
    he was still alive and then I was thinking die old man die why wont you die
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2018
    I get attached but I can't say I've ever gotten emotional over them.

I think it's a good thing, and I kind of envy it. It means you're able to make your gameplay into something that really matters to you. It's an emotional quality that I just lack :(
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2018
    well I think it helps if you let the sims do there own thing
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • megan04102megan04102 Posts: 10 New Member
    I don't even make stories for my sims per say, I just get attached to them & don't like seeing them turn into elders, I always have to cheat them back :D
  • gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    I'm a super emotional person in the first place... although I haven't been that emotional over my Sims until the other day when my computer stopped working (of course, I didn't back up my saves, so I lost like 3 years worth of my family! Hopefully it can be fixed!)
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • GracelishGracelish Posts: 114 Member
    Yes at this. I love emotion and I crave it. I was just looking at old screenshots too and I remember playing those households/stories out like it was just yesterday. It's the norm for me to laugh with them, celebrate with them, cry with them. I had my sim's wedding and straight from the wedding lot in sending them home to host a special dinner, I noticed the husband missing from the panel. I was like okay, weird. Must be a glitch. Please be a glitch. There was genuine concern because where did he go?! Turns out, in the time my loading screen was going, the husband died from hysterical laughter. Guess he unfortunately had too much of a blast at the wedding :( Even though it put a dent in my OTP, I just let it be. Releasing his spirit to the netherworld was hard, but just added more to my sim's emotional story.
    here's hoping we collide
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I get angry when sim, that I had hard time to find suitable partner (that is attractive to my sim) but succeeded in it, decides to flirt with other sims, and I don't see reason (lack of attention...).
  • MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    I teared up when my first sim pet passed away. I based her off my real life dog so maybe that had to do with it also, but regardless. I do get very invested in my sims and their lives, and I play with the MCC mod with altered lifespans (about twice as long as the "normal" lifespan) which means I have a ton of time to get really attached.

Weddings definitely get to me, especially the second generation when I actually have their parents in attendance and have literally raised these sims since birth. XD
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    I love this game, it's a great experience. I've been capturing the events that have been happening since 2014 on release and still going with the same save game data. I turned aging off so that it will be a very long progress. My cat just ran away the other day, lol! Of course I wouldn't be laughing in real life, but it was just so funny to see a little cat open and walk out that big front door and walk down the street, lol.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    my sims get very emotional because of such a empty game :#

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

Oooh.gif
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

Oooh.gif

ohhhh its burning
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I teared up twice when two of my favorite sims died. You're not alone <3
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    All the time. And I've also been known to cry at deaths.
    image.png
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Mildly? I do get the 'feels' when things happen to/with my Sims, but I find I don't get nearly attached in that way as others do. People get worked up about the family trees and memory system and all that stuff, and it really doesn't bother me any.

The only weird contradiction that I have is that I play with aging off and avoid/prevent my Sims from dying whenever possible. But I think that's less because of attachment and more because I find it wasteful/tedius/annoying to have put all that work and time into a Sim for nothing. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    Mildly? I do get the 'feels' when things happen to/with my Sims, but I find I don't get nearly attached in that way as others do. People get worked up about the family trees and memory system and all that stuff, and it really doesn't bother me any.

The only weird contradiction that I have is that I play with aging off and avoid/prevent my Sims from dying whenever possible. But I think that's less because of attachment and more because I find it wasteful/tedius/annoying to have put all that work and time into a Sim for nothing. :p

I play on Long and age my Sims up when I'm ready. But, since I only play Sims I create for myself, I'm already attached to them, else they wouldn't make it into my game. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    when the animals die it always makes me a little sad. for some reason im not the same way with human sims.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @dogboy678 There's nothing dumb about getting emotional about your Sims. You often get emotional about characters from books and movies as well. Just shows you're a healthy empathic individual, something the world is in dire need of these days.

Take an old gal like me; I play with aging off to avoid being in tears all the time (I'm extreme, I know). I've had enough death in real life...it's just not welcome in my Sims game.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted