Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's a terrible, terrible week...

NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
A few days ago one of my cats disappeared from home and hasn't returned. Then, another one of my cats got really sick with an upper respiratory infection and parasites. And last night, my hamster died of old age and illness. Just needed to vent.
It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow

Comments

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    So sorry to hear that @NyteRose :(
    I hope your lost cat will return healthy very soon! And I hope your other cat gets better soon.
    I know exactly how you feel. I also own many pets and each illness or death is a small end of the world for me.
    *virtual hug*.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    That's terrible! Sending well wishes to your sick kitty and come home safe wishes to your lost kitty. And sorry about your hamster. :( Hope things turn around for you.
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Apollo (the sick kitty) is slowly getting better but he isn't regaining much weight. Kixie (the kitty who ran away) came home but we think she is becoming feral as she's not happy at home and hasn't been for months. Apollo we *may* have to give up due to being unable to afford vet care again if he doesn't improve :/:'(
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    I hope Apollo will get better soon! Have a good week this week! :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    @DeKay Thanks
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2018
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Apollo (the sick kitty) is slowly getting better but he isn't regaining much weight. Kixie (the kitty who ran away) came home but we think she is becoming feral as she's not happy at home and hasn't been for months. Apollo we *may* have to give up due to being unable to afford vet care again if he doesn't improve :/:'(

I am not sure if you get this there, but try giving Appolo some Hills urgent care food. Its thin enough to put in a syringe and syringe into his mouth just to make sure he eats a little, also it has lots of goodies in it to help with healing. It saved my cat when she was hit by a car last year.

https://www.hillspet.com/cat-food/pd-ad-canine-feline-canned
    oswWmZJ.png
    @NyteRose how is your kitty doing now ?
    edited May 2018
    @mcrudd He's getting a little better but still very skinny and not gaining much weight. We can't afford any further vet care and *may* have to give him up for adoption to a local shelter so he can get the care he needs :'(
    @NyteRose try that food if you guys have it. Its not expensive and truly works miracles. You buy it from vets and some pet stores. No pescription required. Only need to pay for the tin of food.
    Update: Today was a very sad day for us as we had to put Apollo to sleep. He was completely blind and his kidneys were slowly failing, there was nothing the vet could do. He will be missed, he was my baby boy. :'(
  • Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    edited May 2018
    Sorry for your loss :frowning:
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
    I am so sorry to hear that :(