Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Okay, question for you all:
    How do your characters' voices sound to you? Do they have a specific 'accent' or is it one that's specific to them?

For me: Mine all have my own because when planning I think through what they would say in my head and my 'inner voice' is exactly the same as my actual speaking voice. I also happen to just read in my own so totally giving everyone the same voice. :lol:
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    When you can't read a calendar you post two updates to your legacy at the same time, accidentally.

Poor guy looks so miserable lately... I emphasize so much.

Yeah, unfortunately that's a bit of a theme with him so far... hopefully he'll get over it.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    When you can't read a calendar you post two updates to your legacy at the same time, accidentally.

Poor guy looks so miserable lately... I emphasize so much.

Yeah, unfortunately that's a bit of a theme with him so far... hopefully he'll get over it.

then he'll do his frog impression again i think it was him.

his eyes bug out . so he looks like a frog.
  • CloudiiiiCloudiiii Posts: 26 Member
    > @Bugsie2016 said:
    > Okay, question for you all:
    > How do your characters' voices sound to you? Do they have a specific 'accent' or is it one that's specific to them?
    >
    > For me: Mine all have my own because when planning I think through what they would say in my head and my 'inner voice' is exactly the same as my actual speaking voice. I also happen to just read in my own so totally giving everyone the same voice. :lol:

I agree, My characters all have my "Inner voice" or some derivative of it
    Stay Sparkly!
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Wasn't sure where to post this, but it's a sad update: We had to put Apollo to sleep today. He was completely blind, and his kidneys were failing. There was nothing the vet could do. Please understand that even though I promised an update, it will be on hold for a few extra days. But there will be an update, it will just be a little later than promised. Thank you for understanding.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Wasn't sure where to post this, but it's a sad update: We had to put Apollo to sleep today. He was completely blind, and his kidneys were failing. There was nothing the vet could do. Please understand that even though I promised an update, it will be on hold for a few extra days. But there will be an update, it will just be a little later than promised. Thank you for understanding.

Aw @NyteRose , I'm so sorry!
    Yes, completely understandable. Take your time with the update.

take your time.

i almost went through it years ago.

the reason i say almost is because my parents who i was still living with at the time put our dog whohad been recently diagnosed with cancer too late on a blanket to take to the vet. he died in the drive way. he was the second dog we lost in 4 months. the other had a stroke.

i don't tell the story very often because someone in the forum had a dog die and when i told the story they got upset mine was years ago and theirs was recent.
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    How do your characters' voices sound to you? Do they have a specific 'accent' or is it one that's specific to them?

For me: Mine all have my own because when planning I think through what they would say in my head and my 'inner voice' is exactly the same as my actual speaking voice. I also happen to just read in my own so totally giving everyone the same voice. :lol:

All of my characters sound different in my head. Their accent depends on their background and demeanor, though it might sound like me imitating people's accents from movies or foreign ones. :lol:
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    My vacation beach houses are up on the gallery if anyone is interested.

I'm going to download them! I was going to wait until Seasons, but I'm too excited for your houses! Plus, the rest of the day off, so I think I'll treat myself to a play session! :) Sweet! Can't wait! Thank you, Miss Penguin! :)<3

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

I'm going to download them! I was going to wait until Seasons, but I'm too excited for your houses! Plus, the rest of the day off, so I think I'll treat myself to a play session! :) Sweet! Can't wait! Thank you, Miss Penguin! :)<3

how are you feeling?

Wishing you and your family lots of love, @NyteRose . Wishing you peace, too.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

theres actually another beach house i know of. in the sims 4 exchange i was gitfed a house called beachy keen. its a starter made by my friend cmbaker i think thats her name. i mean its close but sims 4 can be weird.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Has anyone else ever agonized over a scene or chapter so much that you rewrite it a half dozen or more times, finally get it perfect, then decide it su.cks? I've been going through this for a bit now...I won't give out spoilers but the scene in question is pivotal to triggering events in my story...

Yes. Usually I do one of three things.
    1) Let it sit for awhile and come back with fresh perspective.
    2) Have someone else read it.
    3) Rewrite it and save multiple drafts.

I hope you figure out a beneficial solution, @NyteRose.

and start multiple stories. you forgot that one.

Hahah, true, @friendsfan367.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited May 2018
    Opps... double post.

So this won't be incredibly useless...

What's everyone up to this weekend? I've got a three day weekend from work (because of Memorial Day here in the States at least). :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Has anyone else ever agonized over a scene or chapter so much that you rewrite it a half dozen or more times, finally get it perfect, then decide it su.cks? I've been going through this for a bit now...I won't give out spoilers but the scene in question is pivotal to triggering events in my story...

Yes. Usually I do one of three things.
    1) Let it sit for awhile and come back with fresh perspective.
    2) Have someone else read it.
    3) Rewrite it and save multiple drafts.

I hope you figure out a beneficial solution, @NyteRose.

and start multiple stories. you forgot that one.

Hahah, true, @friendsfan367.

well i can't be lying have you seen your siggy.lol.

:):):)

glad your feeling better.
    Opps... double post.

What's everyone up to this weekend? I've got a three day weekend from work (because of Memorial Day here in the States at least). :)

i'm working til memorial day.
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

I don't usually pay full attention to what my character's actual voices but i do imagine them with accents because all of them have different nationalities (Like I imagine Faith and Hope having British accents because they're from England).
    Opps... double post.

Probably nothing :') XD
    Except for finally trying to write. I've been having writers block lately.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited May 2018
    I was looking at comments at old builds of mine and it amazes me how many people don't understand renovation. lol I gave myself a budget of 10k to reno a house that already existed in Willow Creek, and this person was angry it was over 10k...I didn't say it was a 10k starter home that I built. I improved something that was already there and therefore already had value. :D
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member

Yay! I hope you enjoy them. I love your new avatar btw!
  • OhRenSimsOhRenSims Posts: 933 Member
    OK OK OK hi, OK. So. I am sorry in advance if this has already been talked about, but I just found out about Seasons yesterday and I am SO FREAKING EXCITED. I haven't had a chance to talk about it yet because I've been at work all daaaaaay; and honestly I'm probably about to go to sleep soon, so maybe I won't get to talk about it too much tonight either. BUT STILL. SEASONS.

Have people seen the trailer? Are we pumped? Are people not watching the trailer yet?
    Thoughts?

I'm putting some quick things in this spoiler section below in case folks haven't watched the trailer yet.
    Will there be supernatural/witchy/magic elements in Seasons? I'm hung up on the whole electric power thing the guy in the end of the video seems to get after he is struck by lightning. iauhsfashufkjgsdh I AM JUST SO EXCITED. THE RAIN. THE SKATING. THE LEAVES. UGH.

FVIRakw.jpg
    The Waite Legacy (Wordpress)
    The Mills Legacy (Coming Soon!, Wordpress)

how are you feeling?

Pretty much OK! Thanks for asking! :)

Yay! I hope you enjoy them. I love your new avatar btw!

Thank you! So, it's very, very fun, these new houses of yours! I love them very much! I put them on the big lot at Brindleton Bay, on the bluff overlooking the bay, replacing the mansion that was there. So, so nice! My Simself is there, living a loner life of a painter! I will be moving a Townie fam into the other house--my aim is not to play them, treat it like an ISBI! Not sure if I'll lock doors, or just let everyone come and go as they wish! Probably the latter!

I love the stripey walls and all the details you included. The homes are so, so beautiful! :)

Opps... double post.

Yay, for three day weekends! I kind of have a four-day one, because I took the day off, but I had to spend a few hours in the dentist's office this afternoon--everyone was so tense, and I had to wait for over an hour just for a follow-up visit! But I chilled by playing Sims when I got home, and now I've got the three days off! Yay!

Not exactly sure what we'll be doing this weekend. We need to buy a few chairs, so we might go furniture-shopping!

How about you, Lizzie? @AdamsEve1231

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    @CathyTea don't forgot you have to read during the weekend the Rashmon chapter of my Swanson Legacy
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top