Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your sims 3 current household? (Re-opened)

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited May 2018
    @Sindocat. Heh heh heh... A Mandalorian. :D Good one. :D

BTW...Happy...

Revenge_of_the_6th.jpg
    You don't know the power...of the Dark Side.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Quite a bit to catch up on in the Vecoli household.

They've had a second child, daughter Sondra. No playing with potions this time, so a simple alien child. We did a family portrait. Lazz, Zack, Michaela and Sondra. Also in the picture are the family Simbots, Sens8 (sitting) and R3BoP (pensively standing.) The family pets are, from left to right, Duke, Fuzzball and Rascal.
    5bgjMaq.jpg?1

I decided it was a bit creepy watching Zach float through life. Well, not creepy so much as sad. He just always looked sad. Using reward points I obtained a genie lamp and used a wish to grant him true life.

Here he is playing make believe with his sister Sondra, who has aged up since the portrait.
    xhH9GaN.jpg?1

I tried to get Lazz to change the time stream, but my game kept resetting the requirements to zero. So I used reward points, again, to get the time remote. I sent Michaela to explore the alternate futures. I've never seen them before.

I found that the Dystopian future is a great place for aliens to gather space rocks, a source of energy to restore their brain energy. Meteors drop from the sky on a regular basis. As long as you don't get hit by one, it's a good thing. Other than that, it was pretty underwhelming. Everyone there was a slob, dropping trash everywhere and needing to be bathed. Other than the ready supply of rocks, it was not much fun.

Here's Michaela hanging at a bar next to the latest supply to drop from the sky. The guy she's been chatting with survived the meteor drop, but was a bit scorched by the lightning that came with it.
    kLDQNPw.jpg?1

Using the remote, she switched to the Utopian future. Far less dreary, the place is COVERED in puffy trees and an eternal rainbow in the sky.
    Nimchcv.jpg?2XxkTE12.jpg?2

And, something unique to this version of the future are giant flowers, available in a variety of colors. Dew can be collected from these flowers into vials and thrown at other Sims. Other than temporarily changing their skin tone, I don't see any purpose to this. And you can't use them on other household members, so if it does effect them in other ways, it wasn't easy to detect.
    MKNJ7bz.jpg?1

I've seen the colored trees in build mode, but I have to admit that it was fun discovering the giant flowers. I've never seen them in build mode. Not even with buydebug active. One of the disappointments of being a builder is stumbling on aspects of the game before encountering them during play.

Finally, I stumbled upon a new skill that the aliens have. After picking the fruit from the Tree of Prosperity, they can immediately imbue the tree with a chosen energy to make it fruit again. I've been using it to selectively increase Lazz's skills, trying to max out his painting skill and achieve his Lifetime Wish.

So, a very busy time these past few weeks.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Morna had a birthday :) and I lost Fife on the same day :'(
    42141410112_499424a924_o.jpg

Family tree as of today.
    28315116138_979764e0d1_o.jpg
    27316542417_b16d0fbffc_o.jpg
    @Mikezumi her hair is adorable! I have been having some trouble with content, so will be spending the next couple days reinstalling my game. *sigh* After that I will be putting Michaela's family in stasis and moving on with her brother Giulio. I haven't decided if I will be exploring University with this game, or concentrating solely on store content while running his bakery. I am leaning toward store content to keep the game short so that I can then move on to a game focusing on the Island Paradise pack.

I'll post some pics when I get the game up and running.

NOTE: My plan from the beginning was to play Michaela and Laz's family until Laz completed his Lifetime wish to be Master of the Arts, which he did yesterday when he mastered the Painting skill. I won't be continuing to the next generation of my legacy family until I play Giancarlo and Gwen's household. That won't be until I've played all the other children from Jude and Jim. I think I will move Michaela's family back with the rest of the family so that story progression can keep things going for them.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Thanks @Jude525 :)
    Sorry you are having problems with your game :( Good luck with the reinstall!
  • alexjoanrowwalexjoanroww Posts: 63 Member
    I'm currently playing with the Pala household in Bridgeport (Late night EP).
    [Short reminder of the backstory for anyone who doesn't have the EP\remember it: Katrina Pala is an enterprising bussiness woman. She lives with her niece, Hannah Smythe who is a teen and has been left at her care. Hannah doesn't know her mom,Samantha at all. Samantha is a townie and is working around at different bars as bouncer\bartender.Hannah is interested in bussiness but believes her true calling is acting and has a part time job as an actress.]

So in the meantime,Katrina completed her lifetime wish of becoming a CEO. Hasn't climbed up any further on the hierarchy ladder though due to the fact that she needs to hold meetings on basically a daily basis to do that, which is a bummer and a task that's hard to keep up with (I always forget to have her hold meetings on her days off or holidays-I have the seasons EP. I mean, for heaven's sake, it's the holidays for a reason.)
    Hannah got fired from her part-time job as an actress and got another one at the bookstore,which she liked due to being a bookworm and kept up for some time as a young adult as well. She then switched to bussiness,where she did amazing. She got 4 promotions in a very short time, not by coincidence though. Besides hard work, her boss at the time, Olive Kipling (the ones of you that are familiar with the EP probably recognize her as a sim who is originally a bouncer\bantender townie and Barry Tenderlove's ex girlfriend.) happened to be her girlfriend. They basically met at a party Katrina threw and invited her collueage,Olive to. Hannah was very excited to work there, had an outstanding mood and relationship with her boss/girlfriend. However, once they moved in together, I discovered Olive's lifetime wish is actually to be a director. So without further a do, I had her quit and switch careers. Now, Hannah's new boss is Lil Bling, who started at the same time as her but now got a promotion to replace Olive. So things are not going to be as exciting for Hannah. I'm kind of considering having her switch careers to acting (since it's supposed to be her true calling anyway.)
    Onto Katrina's love life now, she's romantic interests with Ebenezer Clavier. (Somehow they both seem very in love with each other even though she's non commital-hence why they're not anything more than romantic interests- and he's unflirty.) I had him move in with the family, for the sake of seeing whether or not they have any future together and I should have her turn him into a vampire (they're all vampires now) or let him age up into an elder and die in 2 weeks and have that be the end of their affair. However, upon having him move in, I discovered his has 2 other romantic interests! (I mean, how many affairs would he have if he didn't have the unflirty trait? Or if her had the flirty one?) According to his scrapbook, Katrina is his newest affair (at 19 days). His first affair was 36 days ago (with a woman who is in relationship with another woman. No idea if she got in relationship with her after becoming his romantic interest or before-aka no idea if he pursued a taken person. ) but it seems randomly generated by story progression by the looks of it as they have no memories together at all. No kisses, no anything. (They have a high relationship though.) The 2nd affair, 25 days old, he has a single memory of "becoming romantically involved with" but no other memory. Also a high relationship though. But no memory of kisses or anything. So perhaps it was randomly generated as well. (The only other way to become romantically involved besides a first kiss is "confess attraction.)
    Then we got Katrina, at 19 days. He has a "first kiss" memory with her (so he hasn't kissed anyone prior to her). Furthermore, he's been very into Katrina, sent her love letters and gifts all the freaking time and asked her out on dates. So, I don't know. Is he a fuckboy or is he genuinely interested in her but just had these other affairs randomly generated?
    Also, Hannah did meet her mom and now has an established relationship with her and they spend a lot of time together.
    I finished my reinstall except for mods and cc. I'm not putting all the cc back in, so choosing what goes back and combining it with cc magic is a whole extra step. But, I wanted to get back to playing. I am picking up a game I haven't played in a while and didn't think the lack of cc would matter much. LOL

The house my Sim was living in became walls and stairs. Not a single window or door. To be honest, I think this was a glitch. I'm pretty sure the house was mostly BauHaus content, which I've confirmed to be installed. So, I just moved him to a different lot. But, when he went to visit his parents, their house was cluttered with random replacements, including a fire hydrant in the entryway! As amusing as that is, I have my entire legacy family living in that game, so I will replace the cc I know I've used frequently and reload the game.

I swear, managing the game itself is half the fun of playing Sims 3.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    The White Family (for my new story: Tomboy)

Mom: Lena
    Dad: Gilbert
    Joe
    and younger sister Nannie

27459425877_5fd7be30d6_c.jpg

27459425487_e6c8f9993c_c.jpg

:smiley:
    @Charlottesmom, what a great family pic. Did you use a poser, or just time some actions well?
    aka Jude

My Studio

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    @Charlottesmom, what a great family pic. Did you use a poser, or just time some actions well?

@Jude525 , I don’t do poses mostly because half of them look very “off” to me. All my pictures are strait from the game. :smiley:
    edited May 2018
    @Jude525 , I don’t do poses mostly because half of them look very “off” to me. All my pictures are strait from the game. :smiley:

That' why I asked. I've been playing with Poser, but am finding it very limiting if I don't have the exact family the creator had. And sometimes placing seated Sims together is weird/difficult. I think my next approach is to get the Sims posed the way I want in the same frame and Photoshopping them together. But that will involve not letting the landscape shift. My next adventure. LOL
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 - what you can do is take one picture as a background shot without the sims in place (that will be your "unchanging" background, then use the Photoshop selection tool to crop out the Sims that you take photos for and then paste them into the "background" shot. It works best if you take the photos of the sims in the same location as the background shot. It requires a bit of doing, but can be done very well. :)

I love "photography" in real life as well as in the Sims. (just don't expect me to do portrait/wedding photography in real life - dealing with bride-zillas is even more dangerous than war photography). :mrgreen::D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    27517779697_8e726a8866_z.jpg
    From the left - Lucas, Meara, Dorian, Liam, and Lacey

40579923790_8e2b571af2_z.jpg

40579935590_30a7a27715_z.jpg

41664452174_d340158a67_z.jpg
    And the triplets - Luccia, Lara, and Lilly

27517738577_88aa45465b_z.jpg

42338610162_578a11f696_z.jpg
    Dad's face, thinking about having to afford 6 kids :D
  • jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @paneinger really cute family!! Are those toddler beds in the triplets room? CC?
  • paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    jordand wrote: »
    @paneinger really cute family!! Are those toddler beds in the triplets room? CC?

Thanks! And yes, definitely cc. My game is like 99.9% cc lol
    @paneinger that nursery is adorable.

@Nikkei_Simmer I agree. With everything. I've gotten pretty skilled with the guided outline/selection tool in the past year. But it can still be a bother. Another option occurred to me as I was reading. Actually, two. One is to use a backdrop as a "green screen" for the individual poses. That would make the selection cropping a breeze. Then I could place them on any view of the lot or neighborhood I chose. The other is to turn off free will. They wouldn't get it in their heads to go play in the sprinkler while waiting for the other Sims to arrive for the pose. I'll have to play with both.

Oh, and by everything, I meant... my ex-husband did wedding videography briefly. I'm sure you understand why it was brief. And we worked in his mom's floral shop for years. Weddings were our life blood, but it was fire or ice. The brides were thrilled or they were miserable. No middle ground. We were once called back less than an hour after a delivery and handed a bouquet that looked like it had been through the dryer. We were told that it had been kept in a cool corner of the ready room. I suspect it was forgotten in the car. We had to rush back to the shop, make another one for free, and bring it back to the church. We barely had enough flowers to make it resemble the original, and she didn't want to pay at all because it wasn't what she ordered. Really, if they had just admitted how it was damaged, I think we all would have been much less irritated by the whole thing.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Jude525 wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer I'm sure you understand why it was brief. And we worked in his mom's floral shop for years. Weddings were our life blood, but it was fire or ice. The brides were thrilled or they were miserable. No middle ground.

Oh, I do... :D That's why I chose to do sports, outdoor landscapes, and wildlife photography.

1. The athletes are so thrilled that I managed to capture them in motion.
    SurreyFlyers168.jpg

2. 08-19-2011_sunset_on_the_jetty.JPG
    Landscapes can't really say anything.

3. _DSC4568_filtered.jpeg
    And the wildlife doesn't complain about how the pictures turn out.

And my blood pressure doesn't go through the roof.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    There have been a few changes in my household since I last posted. Morna and Kenna are now teens, Lachie is a child, Niall and Cain are adults and Brett (my elder) was impregnated by his ghost husband when he visited recently. I didn't get a ghost but I do have a beautiful baby boy, Rory :)
    27446572157_11a4be7e0a_o.jpg
    41458412815_08f6cf8fb9_o.jpg
    28522819228_132e1766fe_o.jpg
    @Nikkei_Simmer Those are absolutely beautiful. Especially the duck.

@Mikezumi I love the dynamics of your family. Pregnant by a "haunting" from a ghost husband!!!! Absolutely priceless.

It was a holiday weekend here, even though the weather wasn't wonderful. Today is the actual holiday, Memorial Day, but it is cool and cloudy, so I am home and hopefully will get some play time in. I am "repairing" my master saved game for my legacy family. My recent clean install left me without some CC and I am fixing up the houses for all my Sims before I move forward with Giulio.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Ok, question. In trying to repair households, I am reminded that I need to move Michaela and her family back from LL. I want to restore the Family Tree with Nraas but am confused about how to do this. There do not seem to be enough options when I go through the menu. I have the option to add a child and to delete several relatives, but not to add parents or siblings. Anyone have any suggestions?

This will also matter when I move Giancarlo to Starlight Shores and back.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• ameliaandcynthiaameliaandcynthia Posts: 42 Member
    Just made a new household comprising of three female housemates: Valerie Sheetmetal, Rosa Melbourne and Amanda Hugginkiss. Looking forward to playing them! I plan on turning them into rich spinsters...
  • Rebekah909Rebekah909 Posts: 11 New Member
    it used to be four different people: matt, tessa, xia and liam. matt and tessa started a relationship together, liam moved out and xia found a girlfriend that moved in with them. these 4 sims moved in a smaller house because they didn't need separate bedrooms anymore (they only needed two - one for tessa&matt and one for xia & chaeyoung). matt died shortly after so it's only tessa, xia and chaeyoung.