The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well...that's a first.

My sim became pregnant when she didn't woohoo anyone.

I have my sim and her boyfriend living together. They woohooed alot and eventually she became pregnant and had twins. The day after she brought them home from the hospital I saw that she was throwing up. I was thinking...she can't be pregnant. It's impossible. She hasn't woohooed! Well to my surprise she was getting pregnancy buffs and her belly popped out. Her and the boyfriend did not woohoo since the birth. I'm perplexed.

I canceled the pregnancy and had to go into CAS to flatten her belly. I found this a bit annoying.

Any guesses why this happened?

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2018
    Mods. I remember a similar bug that happened with an outdated version of a miscarriage mod. It doesn't have to be a pregnancy related mod, however. Even bad CC can make weird things happen.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Kelleygirl wrote: »
    aaronrulz wrote: »

I tried using that story in RL but my parents didn't believe me. ;)

lol
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    Is your sim called Mary?
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Is your sim called Mary?

If that's the case, does it mean that the op is the father?
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    Is your sim called Mary?

If that's the case, does it mean that the op is the father?

I wish there was still a LOL reaction
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited May 2018
    Actually, she's probably pregnant because you woohooed so many times. I use this trick where I make my sims woohoo loads to get a higher chance of having multiple babies in one go, but, if you woohoo in the time frame before she gets her pregnancy notification (presuming you didn't take a pregnancy test), I think it can in a way queue up another pregnancy after the current one is done because I've also had this happen from making my sims do a load of woohoo lol.

**I had no cc or mods in my game when this happened**
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    LOL I would have kept that baby and sacrilege or not (and gender aside also) I know what the name would have been..
    I'll bet it's mods since you mentioned canceling the pregnancy but I believe @Purrdalecki too... I've had twins and triplets in the past in the game that I was positive was linked to the amount of woohoos in a row. So yeah... weirder stories.
    egTcBMc.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    All hail The Watcher.
  • BunnyhoppyBunnyhoppy Posts: 78 Member
    I had a friend who apparently had a male and female sim living together with a PLATONIC relationship and the female somehow got pregnant out of the blue.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member

I have my sim and her boyfriend living together. They woohooed alot and eventually she became pregnant and had twins. The day after she brought them home from the hospital I saw that she was throwing up. I was thinking...she can't be pregnant. It's impossible. She hasn't woohooed! Well to my surprise she was getting pregnancy buffs and her belly popped out. Her and the boyfriend did not woohoo since the birth. I'm perplexed.

I canceled the pregnancy and had to go into CAS to flatten her belly. I found this a bit annoying.

Another miracle? There is such a thing as a phantom (false or hysterical) pregnancy. Maybe your Sim really, REALLY wants a baby. In all reality, this sounds like a weird glitch or a bug. I'd also be inclined to ask if you are using any mods. How do you cancel a pregnancy without one?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member

Another miracle? There is such a thing as a phantom (false or hysterical) pregnancy. Maybe your Sim really, REALLY wants a baby. In all reality, this sounds like a weird glitch or a bug. I'd also be inclined to ask if you are using any mods. How do you cancel a pregnancy without one?

I do have mods.
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    How do you cancel a pregnancy without one?
    I believe that the remove all buffs cheat cancels a pregnancy.
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Did you download the sim off the gallery? You may have tweaked her to your own liking in CAS but did you download the base sim from the gallery? I have a sim that I saved from the gallery somewhere that was uploaded pregnant I think - every time I play her she pops a day or so later with or without woohoo. (I can't remember which one it is so I always forget until she pops lol.)
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    I would have let her have the baby just to see who the father was. Probably the boyfriend, but with the sims you never know....could've been vlad somehow; or maybe she was secretly abducted
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    a_niles06 wrote: »
    Did you download the sim off the gallery? You may have tweaked her to your own liking in CAS but did you download the base sim from the gallery? I have a sim that I saved from the gallery somewhere that was uploaded pregnant I think - every time I play her she pops a day or so later with or without woohoo. (I can't remember which one it is so I always forget until she pops lol.)

Nope, it's Yuki Behr! And the boyfriend is Joaquin Le Chien. First time I've really played with Sims 4 sims and didn't create my own.