March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do y'all like to play in your game??

2...Next

Comments

• TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Oh yeah and I also like to play with the money cheat , and i imagine the family would be middle or upper middle class in America :)

I dont play the rags to riches or "poor" way at all. Just not my thing.
  • JrKyodaiJrKyodai Posts: 11 New Member
    very much story based and starting small going on big
    I actually created a challenge for TS4 haha. It is called the sims 4 progression challenge. I would send a link but I can't yet.
  • YellowdanishsimYellowdanishsim Posts: 4 New Member
    Trying not to cheat but i alwaus ends up cheating......
  • belkelly29belkelly29 Posts: 14 New Member
    I love story based and then making a family and playing it for heaps of generations!
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    no money cheats and eventually growing from one sim to a family
    Only, I don't always start with one sim, it can be three or four housemates too. Rarely I start with family. Usually, I get new sims born from created sims and continue with them, then get new sims from them etc. Their parents give them some money to start new life, the rest they have to earn.
  • StilettoSimsStilettoSims Posts: 2 New Member
    I like to see my sim progress through life and have trials and tribulations so it feels like I lived their life too.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    money cheats!! and living a rich lifestyle starting off with many sims
    I really didn't plan to play multiple Sims in the past I never did but the one feature I do like about Sims 4 is the social thing sometimes it is helpful even though it is a little to much at times. I started with several Sims and they met each other and got married they all know each other and are friends. I also made them rich more fun at least in my view.
  • PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
    Problem is: it DEPENDS! Sometimes I love to have a big villa right from the beginning, but usually start with one or two sims. ... Sometimes I like the challenge with starter house, poor sim and all. - Often I love certain houses from the gallery and would have to spend several sim lives to get the money for them, so I need to cheat. Too big houses are hard to manage, however. I like the 30:20 houses and families with not more than 5 sims. The older kids move out then and the story continues...
    Hmpf, but as my game goes on and my two most beloved families <3 spread their genes, it's hard to find OTHER sims at some point, LOL. (I use a longer age span for the young adult phase which leads to much offspring >:) ).
    I like to play with loads of money and weird experiences that I can't have in real life, but I also like poor or crazy challenges. So: Cheats - yes! Rich and big: sometimes. Story: always. B)
    Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.
  • tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member
    I love to play mostly realistic, but If I have to cheat for a story I have in mind I will.
  • AKLSimmerAKLSimmer Posts: 78 Member
    It all depends on the specific household that I'm playing. I play rotationally and would like to have different type of families/households in my game. Most sims have their backstories. Some are rich from the start, some have to work hard to get there, and some will always stay in poverty.

However, mostly I use money cheats because I want to focus on their stories rather than making money. I want to be able to have my sims go out, try different activities, and make friends/enemies instead of spending extra hours finishing daily task to get a promotion/paint or finding collectibles for a living.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I generally use money cheats. Always start them off with a large some of cash then (Hehe, take it away) and then roll from there. I don't play families very often and usually play with a large house hold right off the bat.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I also don't touch cheats at all except building ones, even then not so much in ts4.
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    edited May 2018
    Cheats galore! I play sims to escape reality and have fun...not to get a job and worry about money as I already do that in real life :D
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I picked the first option because I'm currently playing a random legacy, but I often create games that are more story-based, in which case I use money cheats for some characters so they can get the lifestyle and home I imagine they would have. For example, in my Snow White game, I cheated so the king and his family would be rich, and cheated just a little so the dwarves could have their fully decorated home.
  • irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    I do money cheat just to get the house done. Then I start with about 1000 from there and no cheat after that.
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    edited May 2018
    I pressed the wrong button!! But I like to have a couple families. Some will start with more money, some with no cheats. I like to have a variety. I also love drama in my gameplay. But usually there is one family that I try to keep happy. I usually create sims I like, age them down, create their parents, and raise them. That way they'll have skills and a backstory and perhaps an inheritance. Building up to the OG storyline is fun, sort of like a prequel.