Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to grow a Sims YouTube channel?

Comments

• Options
    org4norg4n Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys! So i am considering starting a sims channel (to actually have a reason for all this sims playing hah!) and I just wondered, as silly as this sounds, is it "ok" to post sims content on youtube?! and whats the situation with monetization? (for waaaaaay in the future reference) I just wondered if EA owning the game had any type of issues of uploading gameplay footage?
  • Options
    SimplyErica16SimplyErica16 Posts: 51 Member
    I suggest creating a youtube channel 100%! I'm just now starting out and I must say, I do enjoy doing it! Although in a year o two I know I'll look back on some of my first videos and think they're very cringey, haha!
    In my opinion, I think it's okay to post videos on EA's content, considering they have people who are out there with tons of subbers (Lilsimsie, for example) who sometimes get free things for doing so! (Free things, as in content and all..)
    If you're just now wanting to start out, I don't suggest even thinking about monetization, in all honesty.. especially with the new rules Youtube has just set down. (The whole having to have 100,000 subs and 40k minutes or hours worth of views to be able to monetize videos to begin with)

But don't let things like monetization being delayed in your youtube career stop you! I suggest it, and I suggest e-mailing me once you start, so we can sub to each other to support each other! And maybe do some collabs in the future!! :]

My business e-mail is simplyerica16@gmail.com
    I'm a fellow Simmer!
    I have a youtube channel as well! Check it out ➭ SimplyErica

• Options
    VagueNightmareVagueNightmare Posts: 67 Member
    I finally decided to get into speed building and recording them except I am poor and have to use free software. The one I was using kept crashing and despite the fact there were multiple fast forward speeds the video either ended up being 4 minutes(8x speed) or around 26 minutes(4x speed) and I couldn't get it to be like 14 minutes which is what I wanted the most...so basically...what software do you use Thomas? Also my YouTube name and OriginName are 2 different things because VagueNightmare doesn't sound as appealing as FailureCloud...can I change my origin name or am I boned? I really wanna keep FailureCloud as a screen name. Thanks for the answers everyone!
    Check out my Speed Builds! [img][/img]6JqfrhK.jpg
  • Options
    VagueNightmareVagueNightmare Posts: 67 Member
    [quote="org4n;c-16258728"]Hey guys! So i am considering starting a sims channel (to actually have a reason for all this sims playing hah!) and I just wondered, as silly as this sounds, is it "ok" to post sims content on youtube?! and whats the situation with monetization? (for waaaaaay in the future reference) I just wondered if EA owning the game had any type of issues of uploading gameplay footage?[/quote]

Recording gameplay is a thin line. Honestly it does t hurt to credit the creators in the bio. I remember a debate awhile back about this exact topic basically it's like free advertising for game company's to not go after people who stream and record videos.
    Check out my Speed Builds! [img][/img]6JqfrhK.jpg
  • Options
    kimskankwalkerkimskankwalker Posts: 7 New Member
    Hey, I'm thinking about starting a speed build channel, and I was just wondering what software to use? I heard you can record directly in the sims 4, but does that work for build mode as well? And does anyone have recommendations for editing software? Right now it has to be free, unfortunately...
  • Options
    rubahlubarubahluba Posts: 138 Member

I found this post so inspiring because I clicked on your channel, Thomas and it has grown so much since you made this post! I just started my channel...it currently only has two builds with voice overs but it's fun to experiment and try out the youtube thing!
    Please feel free to check it out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P3-C2mAgas
  • Options
    rubahlubarubahluba Posts: 138 Member
    Hey, I'm thinking about starting a speed build channel, and I was just wondering what software to use? I heard you can record directly in the sims 4, but does that work for build mode as well? And does anyone have recommendations for editing software? Right now it has to be free, unfortunately...

hey Kim, I just started my channel and I currently use OBS recording studio to record my gameplay and my speed builds. As for video editing software, I use VSDC Video Editor because it's free and easy to use and also comes with a converter so you can upload the videos on YouTube!
  • Options
    KelzKelz Posts: 53 Member
    I have a pretty new youtube channel and am also using OBS. I use Wondershare Filmora for editing. I'm no expert (on editing, or at playing Sims!) but I'm managing to make it all work.
    My Sims Youtube

Find me on the gallery: kelzmckean
  • Options
    SkyzzahSkyzzah Posts: 131 Member
    I use Wondershare Filmora for editing as well, it's easy to earn how to use and it's great for super simple editing as well as super advanced! I think that anybody can manage to use it as the basics are pretty simple.

I tried out OBS and the game ran fine while recording, but when I would look at the clips I had recorded they were totally unusable (they would freeze every 5 seconds).

HERE'S SOME GREAT ADVICE: I found something that was a *total* lifesaver. If you have Windows, there is already a game recorder that you can use! Just press the windows key and "G", then press the red circle that shows up on the bar and Voilà!
    41741928340_6225bb36b5_c.jpg
    ✨ Click on the picture above to check out my channel for CAS videos! ✨
  • Options
    NovaBelladonnaNovaBelladonna Posts: 58 Member
    I use OBS to record, have had a few problems but after watching a few of tutorials I think most of them are sorted. I then edit in shotcut, which is free, it isn't amazing as far as I can tell (I'm a newbie so maybe I'm just not noticing what features it has...) but gets the job done.

Look up "Evie Bread and the 100 baby challenge" on Youtube (my username is Nova Belladonna) and you'll see the end product of my lack of skills, OBS, Audacity, and Shot Cut ;) (shameless plug)
    For a let's play about a vampire who wants to take over the world, check out my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmFyY60q4J0PJNKCePjVG8g
  • Options
    ThatkaiteygirlThatkaiteygirl Posts: 1 New Member
    I use OBS and Filmora as well! What’s the channel name, I’d love to check it out and support you! I’m just starting out too. Us newbies have to stick together! Lol
  • Options
    MLDesignMLDesign Posts: 53 Member
    It seems like you made it. =D I checked out your channel. Congrats!
    signature.jpg?psid=1&width=450&height=102

YouTube Channel: MLDesignTV
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice! I just started making videos, and it's really fun! I'm trying not to get too caught up in caring about views, but I must admit, I sometimes miss the lack of feedback in comments. Like, I'd love it if, even if only one person watched, if I knew if that liked anyone it, if they thought something was funny, if they thought it plum and why, that sort of thing. It's hard to know how to improve if youdon't get much feedback on what you're making. I try and watch my videos critically and keep trying to make them into something/I/ like more, but I'm sure there's things I'm missing, lol. Anyway, it's great to have a place to talk about this sort of thing!

Here's a link to my channel, in case anyone feels like giving some specific advice!

this might come across horrible and I don't mean it too, but clicking the link that you posted to your channel.. in the time it loaded up and me just having a glance.. I knew I wasn't going to jump into clicking anything because (as posted before) your thumbnails aren't jumping out and screaming "CLICK ME" > im not saying to "click bait" but making an attractive and exciting thumbnail can be why someone clicks on a video in the first place.

I used to YouTube.. but all I did was just generic challenge videos. but I always had a goofy thumbnail with a snappy "wth" title and got a few extra views that way and that was without even trying and before sharing the video around.

I watch a fair amount of sim videos - typically only a couple of simmers but I won't miss a video, or speed builds and CAS challenges because they inspire me to try new things (I like most simmers can get stuck in my ways when it comes to style of sims and using the same clothes and stuff)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    ShadowPhoenix21ShadowPhoenix21 Posts: 141 Member
    @Marmalade27
    Your tips are amazing! Thank you for sharing.
  • Options
    OlivthebuilderOlivthebuilder Posts: 2 New Member
    Check out my channel: Olivthebuilder
  • Options
    DDirectorDDirector Posts: 35 Member
    Hi. I have a channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCJJHD9CFQuPlFRN4CxEwMaA?
    I create a sims 4 serial. Mostly videos are in Polish language, but i started translate to english.

I hope you like it.
  • Options
    simmers17890simmers17890 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi i need some help im starting a sims channel but i don't know how to get that link \ option that says that im using the sims 4 in the description down below ... if you look in other simmers in their description down below they have a little card of the sims... i don't know if i need it ... but i would really appreciate it if someone helped me...
    Thank you!
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @simmers17890 When you're in edit mode click on the 'advanced' tab. Then you can choose the Sims 4 category.
  • Options
    oyakelemonoyakelemon Posts: 6 New Member
    I completed the legendary challenge on my channel this year.
    My Legacy Challenge is a story with 36 episodes.
    Every generation has a different life.
    ex:The sixth generation heirs once has three girlfriends, but all are the same person.
    I think it is not difficult to make a vidio,but it is difficult to have personal style.
    Create some special for the films,it will be very useful. :D

my youtube channel:OyakeLemon
    ( I am a Taiwanese, most of the films are in Chinese.)
  • Options
    Sims4DisneyStuffSims4DisneyStuff Posts: 143 Member
    I'm different to most. I tend to make TV shows using the sims or remake existing movies/tv shows with the three different games (2,3,4). I've had some great views, but that's mostly due to the popularity of the films/shows - not because of anything else.

Disney stuff tends to get more views, not just saying it!
  • Options
    NaturallyJesNaturallyJes Posts: 1 New Member
    I think the most important thing is to show your genuine support for other content creators. After all, we are a community and we should be working with each other not against each other. Go ahead and leave a lovely comment on someone's channel and if you genuinely like their content, make sure to subscribe. This will help you gain Subscribers and watch time fairly quickly.

I like to spend a good portion of my time on YouTube watching other creators and providing positive feedback. I hope that helps! Best of luck with your channel.

My YouTube name is Jesims. :)
  • Options
    RoseProductionsYTRoseProductionsYT Posts: 5 New Member
    My Youtube Channel ( www. youtube .com/ channel /UCqd9gv7YCuSeez5Htyu5hyw ) and I work with machinimas along with other creations as well be sure to stop by whenever machinimas for the sims 4 are coming very soon ;) here's my 1st ever sims 4 character creation of xTentacion along with a scene i've decided to make ( youtu.be/ jtD9hY_NjwU ) and if you want you may also feel free to join my discord for Requests or other guys discord.gg/ 97S5e9y "Remove the spaces since i cannot post any links yet"
  • Options
    SimGasmsSimGasms Posts: 115 Member
    This post is so inspirations seeing how he is starting at the same level as where I feel right now, having the same concerns and doubts and seeing that he was persistant and followed the advice given in this post and now he has well over 5k!
    My goal is too have at least 30 regular watchers and commenters lol 2019 here I come
  • Options
    SimmerBoiSimmerBoi Posts: 134 Member
    > @SimGasms said:
    > This post is so inspirations seeing how he is starting at the same level as where I feel right now, having the same concerns and doubts and seeing that he was persistant and followed the advice given in this post and now he has well over 5k!
    > My goal is too have at least 30 regular watchers and commenters lol 2019 here I come

We're on the same page! Just started my machinima channel and I'm already getting frustrated at the lack of interactions - ridiculous, right? - but reading this thread is giving me hope. Btw, if you want, you can link me your channel and I could stop by, I'm always looking for new simmers to follow and support! :)