Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Seasons Prediction 2018

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    darkrage7 wrote: »
    Hey Simmers

Here is my prediction on The Sims 4 Seasons

Announcement Time: E3 2018 (Electronic Arts Press Conference)

Release Date: September 18th 2018

Features List:

- Seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)
    - Weather System
    - Dynamic Aging System
    - Dynamic Birthdays and Life Events
    - Calender System (Days, Months, Years)
    - Holidays, Festivals and Seasonal Events
    - Temperature System
    - Wellness System
    - Memory System
    - New NPC's
    - New Clothing
    - New Objects
    - New Tools and Building Features
    - Create a Style returns

Seasons and Calender:

There is now a Calender in The Sims 4 - different months have different weather and seasons

Within the Calender you can see different events and add your own events - you can also see when your Sims birthday is and now when your sims is born it will have a date when they were born. Events like Marriage, Engagements, Job Promotions or even negetive events will display on the calender and in memory. The Calender can also be configured in the settings to how many days you would like in a year, or in months (you can set it to real life 365 days if you wish). Calender also has a feature where i can record upcoming events and the player can create own events (sticky notes) on it. There is also a Calender object in the game where it can remind sims of upcoming events which can boost mood. There is Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.

Weather System:

Weather System returns to The Sims 4 with new ones too. Here is a list of weathers in the game:
    - Light Rain
    - Medium Rain
    - Heavy Rain
    - Rain Storm
    - Sleet Rain
    - Light Snow
    - Heavy Snow
    - Snow Storm
    - Light Wind
    - Heavy Wind
    - Wind Storm
    - Warm
    - Hot
    - Heat Wave
    - Hail
    - Hail Storm
    - Cold
    - Freezing

There is now static weather like warm, hot, cold, and freezing like in real life - where it can be a temperture drop and increase but doesn't trigger any rain, snow, wind etc. but the snow, rain or other can happen at random during these times.

There will be a weather forecast on TV, Radio, Internet and Newspaper/Magazines

Dynamic Aging System and Dynamic Birthdays

The sims now have an age numbers and growing up is a bit different now and can be configured in the settings. The default age numbers:

Baby: 0-2 Years Old

Toddler: - 2-5 Years Old

Child: 6-12 Years Old

Teen: 13 - 17 Years Old

Young Adult: 18 - 29 Years Old

Adult - 30 - 59 Years Old

Elder - 60+ Years Old

The Calender System has a Sims birthday every year which adds +1 to their age like in real life. The Sims also now have a birth date which can be seen on their profile stat.

Holidays, Events and Festivals:

There are now Holidays, Events and Festivals - here is the list:

Holidays -

The holidays will display in the Calender

New Years Day
    Pancake Day
    Valentines Day
    Easter Holiday
    Summer Holiday
    Halloween
    Bon Fire Night
    Christmas Holidays
    Christmas Day

During Easter, Summer and Christmas Holidays - Children and Teens have no School

During New Years Day and Christmas Day - Sims have an option to go to work or not if the workday falls on that day (going to work doubles or triples the pay that day)

Festivals -

There are also now festivals which Sims can go to during Seasons and Holidays - like one for each Season and Holiday

Temperature System -

Sims can now feel cold and hot depending on weather and activity

Life Events -

Sims can now set dates for events like Marriages, Engagements, Holidays, Travel, Conferences and more on the calender now. When a Sim accepts a engagement proposal and screen will show when you would want to get married etc.

Wellness System -

Sims now have a wellness bar which shows the current health state and can show whether the sims have caught a virus or cold for example. When the sims starts to feel ill the wellness bar will be low and in order to find out what is wrong with the sim they would need to go the doctor for the first time to get medication or antidote or resting can help feel better. If sims are healthy like eating good food it will increase the immune system and increase their wellness. Colds and Virus has a 50% chance to spread to other sims if the infected sims is very close.

Memory System -

The new memory system is much more in-depth and had more impact and effect on sims. Positive and Negative memories can be displayed depending on events, holidays and life events. There are smaller memories which can make a huge impact on the sims mood but can be overcome and removed by the sims keeping happy.

NPC -

Lots of new NPC in the game now:

- Santa (Christmas)
    - Easter Bunny (Easter)
    - Witch (Halloween)
    - Clown Enterainer (Summer and Birthdays)
    - Burglars (random at night)
    - Repo-Man (If bills not paid for long time)
    - Mayor (Easter Egg for next Expansion)

New Building Tools -

Heating System - Players can now build a heating system for Sims houses with special user interface that shows where heat is being distributed (similar to Sims City) and which rooms are being heated - new objects like radiators, heating fans, boilers and heating pipers and switches.

Cooling System - Similar to Heating System the player can place a air-conditior, fans and more.

Flexible Walls - Walls can now become curved and flexed which can allow players to create curved walls in any dimension or angle they choose.

Floor Limit Increase to 10 - You can now build floors up to 10 floors now and 5 floors below.

Elevators and Escalators - There is now building tools to create elevators for homes, businesses and more - and escalators for businesses and shopping malls.

Create-A-Style

From the very high demand user feedback CAS (Create a Style) returns to The Sims 4! you can now add custom colors and styles to all objects, sims and clothing and custom patterns, images and patterns can be imported to the game.

You've got enough there for 3 packs.

I don't think we'll get either a dynamic aging system or a full calendar -- most likely we'd get a seasonal calendar, with birthdays (and anniversaries) shown by season. In a sense, it would be similar to the calendar in Stardew Valley, with a Sim born on 3 Summer or 6 Winter. Might only get 7 days per season but maybe they'll adjust that depending on lifespan (short/normal/long). Dynamic aging would be hard to implement and could affect existing Sims/saves. They'd also have to do some major reprogramming of all the current CAS content to include Create-A-Style, if it's even possible with the current game engine.

I don't think we'll get a full on heating/cooling system; at most the current decorative HVAC units could be made functional to heat/cool houses (place then on the roof or on the ground next to the house). Heating/cooling costs should be included in the weekly bills, but if we get solar panels (as were suggested in the Off the Grid SP idea during the Community Pack surveys) that of course can lower bills.

Holidays -- I can see Sims getting paid days off for holidays, and kids not having school, but I can't see children/teens not having school at all during the summers. While realistic, I don't see it being feasible. If we got some sort of homeschooling options in game (maybe patched in), those could be used to take a long time off (like a family trip to the jungle) or for the inevitable "snow days".

Summer school for those who have D's and F's I can see kids/teens taking summer off from school but it might mess up the game but who knows. Have a summer vacation or a summer camp for the kids/teens have some fun for the outdoor outreach.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    What are your thoughts if seasons isn't this year's EP?

I'd actually be pretty sad.

0DmrW.gif

I've waited so long for it, that no matter how amazing the EP was itself, if it isn't seasons, I'm disappointed.

You should fully expect this year’s EP to not be Seasons. TS4 isn’t ending anytime soon and they are not in a hurry to bring out the most requested EPs. This year’s EP could easily be another Get Together that nobody saw coming.

I'm about 85% sure it will be seasons.

People said the same thing you're saying now about Pets this time last year. And then there they were, the pets. And since they've been dropping hints for Seasons as heavily as they'd been dropping them for the pets, I just don't see them not doing Seasons this year.

I do share people's fear about it though, as I love Seasons EPs and I want / need this one to be good and full of content. I want more than weather, basically. A real temperature system would be great, complete with aircons & heaters, new festivals, seasonal festivities, maybe a calendar of sorts, etc. I don't just want "but look it rains and snows in a way it never has before".. or I might just lose it :D But I doubt they'll bring us no weather at all this year.

Kinda like I also believe we'll see another Supernatural this year or by latest January '19. I might be wrong, but they've been hinting at that pretty, pretty heavily too, so I can see it happening. Would be great :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Hey Simmers

Features List:

- Weather System
    - Dynamic Aging System
    - Temperature System
    - Wellness System
    - Memory System
    - New NPC's
    - New Clothing
    - New Objects
    - Create a Style returns

Seasons and Calender:

There is now a Calender in The Sims 4 - different months have different weather and seasons

Within the Calender you can see different events and add your own events - you can also see when your Sims birthday is and now when your sims is born it will have a date when they were born. Events like Marriage, Engagements, Job Promotions or even negetive events will display on the calender and in memory. The Calender can also be configured in the settings to how many days you would like in a year, or in months (you can set it to real life 365 days if you wish). Calender also has a feature where i can record upcoming events and the player can create own events (sticky notes) on it. There is also a Calender object in the game where it can remind sims of upcoming events which can boost mood. There is Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.

Weather System:

Weather System returns to The Sims 4 with new ones too. Here is a list of weathers in the game:
    - Light Rain
    - Medium Rain
    - Heavy Rain
    - Rain Storm
    - Sleet Rain
    - Light Snow
    - Heavy Snow
    - Snow Storm
    - Light Wind
    - Heavy Wind
    - Wind Storm
    - Warm
    - Hot
    - Heat Wave
    - Hail
    - Hail Storm
    - Cold
    - Freezing

There is now static weather like warm, hot, cold, and freezing like in real life - where it can be a temperture drop and increase but doesn't trigger any rain, snow, wind etc. but the snow, rain or other can happen at random during these times.

The sims now have an age numbers and growing up is a bit different now and can be configured in the settings. The default age numbers:

Elder - 60+ Years Old

The Calender System has a Sims birthday every year which adds +1 to their age like in real life. The Sims also now have a birth date which can be seen on their profile stat.

Holidays -

New Years Day
    Pancake Day
    Valentines Day
    Easter Holiday
    Summer Holiday
    Halloween
    Bon Fire Night
    Christmas Holidays
    Christmas Day

During Easter, Summer and Christmas Holidays - Children and Teens have no School

During New Years Day and Christmas Day - Sims have an option to go to work or not if the workday falls on that day (going to work doubles or triples the pay that day)

Festivals -

There are also now festivals which Sims can go to during Seasons and Holidays - like one for each Season and Holiday

Temperature System -

Life Events -

Sims can now set dates for events like Marriages, Engagements, Holidays, Travel, Conferences and more on the calender now. When a Sim accepts a engagement proposal and screen will show when you would want to get married etc.

Wellness System -

Sims now have a wellness bar which shows the current health state and can show whether the sims have caught a virus or cold for example. When the sims starts to feel ill the wellness bar will be low and in order to find out what is wrong with the sim they would need to go the doctor for the first time to get medication or antidote or resting can help feel better. If sims are healthy like eating good food it will increase the immune system and increase their wellness. Colds and Virus has a 50% chance to spread to other sims if the infected sims is very close.

Memory System -

The new memory system is much more in-depth and had more impact and effect on sims. Positive and Negative memories can be displayed depending on events, holidays and life events. There are smaller memories which can make a huge impact on the sims mood but can be overcome and removed by the sims keeping happy.

NPC -

- Santa (Christmas)
    - Easter Bunny (Easter)
    - Witch (Halloween)

New Building Tools -

Heating System - Players can now build a heating system for Sims houses with special user interface that shows where heat is being distributed (similar to Sims City) and which rooms are being heated - new objects like radiators, heating fans, boilers and heating pipers and switches.

Cooling System - Similar to Heating System the player can place a air-conditior, fans and more.

Flexible Walls - Walls can now become curved and flexed which can allow players to create curved walls in any dimension or angle they choose.

Floor Limit Increase to 10 - You can now build floors up to 10 floors now and 5 floors below.

Elevators and Escalators - There is now building tools to create elevators for homes, businesses and more - and escalators for businesses and shopping malls.

Create-A-Style

From the very high demand user feedback CAS (Create a Style) returns to The Sims 4! you can now add custom colors and styles to all objects, sims and clothing and custom patterns, images and patterns can be imported to the game.

You've got enough there for 3 packs.

I don't think we'll get either a dynamic aging system or a full calendar -- most likely we'd get a seasonal calendar, with birthdays (and anniversaries) shown by season. In a sense, it would be similar to the calendar in Stardew Valley, with a Sim born on 3 Summer or 6 Winter. Might only get 7 days per season but maybe they'll adjust that depending on lifespan (short/normal/long). Dynamic aging would be hard to implement and could affect existing Sims/saves. They'd also have to do some major reprogramming of all the current CAS content to include Create-A-Style, if it's even possible with the current game engine.

I don't think we'll get a full on heating/cooling system; at most the current decorative HVAC units could be made functional to heat/cool houses (place then on the roof or on the ground next to the house). Heating/cooling costs should be included in the weekly bills, but if we get solar panels (as were suggested in the Off the Grid SP idea during the Community Pack surveys) that of course can lower bills.

Holidays -- I can see Sims getting paid days off for holidays, and kids not having school, but I can't see children/teens not having school at all during the summers. While realistic, I don't see it being feasible. If we got some sort of homeschooling options in game (maybe patched in), those could be used to take a long time off (like a family trip to the jungle) or for the inevitable "snow days".

Summer school for those who have D's and F's I can see kids/teens taking summer off from school but it might mess up the game but who knows. Have a summer vacation or a summer camp for the kids/teens have some fun for the outdoor outreach.

Some students go to summer school to take enrichment type classes, like drama or art or computer programming. Suppose if you enrolled your child or teen in summer school and they go off to school as usual, then at the end of a term they gain a random point in a skill (one of the four child skills, or a random Teen+ skill like cooking or programming or painting)? It could be fully optional but something that can be used for storytelling purposes, especially if there are no adults at home during the day.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    RosichalRosichal Posts: 3 New Member
    It is a really great concept, but I feel the new aging process may be confusing, like how long is a sim year compared to a sim day? The sims might age really fast, depending on how the sims team would do it, if they would add this. Also, I feel they would keep the "Season-Neutral" holidays, because Easter and Christmas are different holidays, and EA likes to acknowledge all religions, cultures, and ethnicities, and would not want to restrict any of those cultural groups.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I've got a sinking feeling that they're going to end with Seasons.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited March 2018

Toss those heavy objects out of your hot air balloon and float up because Seasons is not the last pack. (and before you ask, I feel it in my bones)
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Toss those heavy objects out of your hot air balloon and float up because Seasons is not the last pack. (and before you ask, I feel it in my bones)

I certainly hope you weren't implying that I'm full of hot air. It just seems like to me that they're not prioritizing the things that people are asking for.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I certainly hope you weren't implying that I'm full of hot air. It just seems like to me that they're not prioritizing the things that people are asking for.

will you said you had a sinking feeling hot air balloons skin he was not insulting you @AshtontoAshton22
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

Sorry, no hot air jokes. :D

They've given the players most everything they've asked for in one way or another. Players wanted family play, we got Parenthood. Players wanted vampires, we got great Vampires, Players voted for laundry, we got Laundry Day. Players wanted a new vacation world, we got Jungle Adventures.

Maybe what you meant was that we haven't gotten packs that you want specifically. So, what packs do you want?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

They've given the players most everything they've asked for in one way or another. Players wanted family play, we got Parenthood. Players wanted vampires, we got great Vampires, Players voted for laundry, we got Laundry Day. Players wanted a new vacation world, we got Jungle Adventures.

Maybe what you meant was that we haven't gotten packs that you want specifically. So, what packs do you want?

I meant content that was in previous games that hasn't been put in, like Firefighters and Burglars. I'm sorry, I'm probably coming off as rude. I didn't mean to start an argument, let's just drop it now before I'm reprimanded.
  • Options

I meant content that was in previous games that hasn't been put in, like Firefighters and Burglars. I'm sorry, I'm probably coming off as rude. I didn't mean to start an argument, let's just drop it now before I'm reprimanded.

No no. You're not being rude and I'm not trying to argue. I am curious about what it is you want that you aren't getting, that's all.
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    The main thing I want, is to be able to choose what season events happen in! I live down under, so having Snowflake day be 'christmas' to me when i have christmas in summer is weird to me, so maybe if they could allow you to swap dates and change up some events to allow for different locales would be great! it's one thing that's always bothered me about games like Animal Crossing, all the seasons run total opposite to me!

I'm not going to get upset if they don't do it, seeing i'm used to it now, BUT it'd be a nice thing for them to think of.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2018
    That all your plants react with the seasons. All your trees drop leaves (except evergreens), your flowers bloom appropriately, that it doesn't ALWAYS snow, but instead temperature and rain affects it (but you still get lots of it).

Maybe in summer, ice-cream trucks will drive automonously around the neighbourhood roads?

THat the day becomes darker earlier instead of perpetual summer.

That a year lasts 365 days, seasons divided between them, and all events thus far can be accessed on special holiday weeks.

Plus every activity from Sims 3 and more. I know Sims 4 wants to do new things but who DOESN'T build snowmen and snow angels and ice-skate in winter? And there's so many leaves in my back garden that it takes me three weeks to sweep it up.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    That all your plants react with the seasons. All your trees drop leaves (except evergreens), your flowers bloom appropriately, that it doesn't ALWAYS snow, but instead temperature and rain affects it (but you still get lots of it).

Maybe in summer, ice-cream trucks will drive automonously around the neighbourhood roads?

THat the day becomes darker earlier instead of perpetual summer.

That a year lasts 365 days, seasons divided between them, and all events thus far can be accessed on special holiday weeks.

Plus every activity from Sims 3 and more. I know Sims 4 wants to do new things but who DOESN'T build snowmen and snow angels and ice-skate in winter? And there's so many leaves in my back garden that it takes me three weeks to sweep it up.

Sims don't live 365 days, so a baby could be born, grow up, have a family and die all in Spring (or whenever they were born). Seasons (based on past versions) will probably last a week or two, I hope we can set the length of seasons ourselves.
  • Options
    siwewetsiwewet Posts: 3 New Member
    i think for sims 4 season maybe beach lot will be open , sims will be get tan skin during summer ........... but hope ea will be fix no swimming sims during winter like sims game before( sorry for english )
  • Options
    siwewetsiwewet Posts: 3 New Member
    sorry i want edit my coment : i meant in here burning skins for sims during summer
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Swimming is a pretty big thing. It's like, where are you going to swim and what are the limits? I can tell you that going scuba-diving on your summer holiday would be cool though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2018
    This all sounds absolutely amazing! BUT it is the Sims 4 and I doubt the EP will have anything close to what is stated in your post sadly :(

If there are to be any worlds in the EP, I do hope that they are vacation worlds and/or worlds that are specific to each different season, like a Tropical paradise, or a snowy mountainous town that deals with skiing or sledding, etc, but that is of course not gong to happen. It is sad that expectations for the EP's in the Sims 4 are low given that most if not all of the EP have been mediocre!
  • Options
    Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    These are all wonderful, but like a lot of others, I doubt it'll happen. It's a shame that Sims 4 is so lacking in game content that we've all settled for being disappointed with every release. The last stuff pack was a confirmation of what a lot of us have been saying; EA is doing all it can to milk its customers without giving us anything in return. So many are already over Jungle Adventure and Laundry Stuff. I just don't get it, how does a game go backwards in gameplay??
    Hey Simmers

Features List:

- Weather System
    - Dynamic Aging System
    - Temperature System
    - Wellness System
    - Memory System
    - New NPC's
    - New Clothing
    - New Objects
    - Create a Style returns

Seasons and Calender:

Weather System:

- Light Rain
    - Medium Rain
    - Heavy Rain
    - Rain Storm
    - Sleet Rain
    - Light Snow
    - Heavy Snow
    - Snow Storm
    - Light Wind
    - Heavy Wind
    - Wind Storm
    - Warm
    - Hot
    - Heat Wave
    - Hail
    - Hail Storm
    - Cold
    - Freezing

Elder - 60+ Years Old

Holidays -

New Years Day
    Pancake Day
    Valentines Day
    Easter Holiday
    Summer Holiday
    Halloween
    Bon Fire Night
    Christmas Holidays
    Christmas Day

Festivals -

Temperature System -

Life Events -

Wellness System -

Memory System -

NPC -

- Santa (Christmas)
    - Easter Bunny (Easter)
    - Witch (Halloween)

New Building Tools -

Create-A-Style

• Options
    TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    I REALLY hope to see new wild animals with every season. Like deer, penguins, squirrels, rabbits... It would be nice to see them on the map according to the season, even if we can not adopt them.

Interacting with them would be great fun!
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • Options
    TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    I miss the skunks too.
    I see a great opportunity to put these animals.
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

Yes, please, give us creepy ice-cream truck from ts3 back
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I hope they focus on the weather dynamics and temperature changes according to seasons.

Tagging all clothing according to what can be used or not as outterwear.

Individual weather for each world.

Using umbrellas in the rain as part of multitasking.

A focus on gardening, with new crops and harvestables, greenhouses and fertilisers.

Seasonal holidays.

Death by lighting.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    is it wrong for me to think if Weather Being patched in the base game before seasons comes out.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    is it wrong for me to think if Weather Being patched in the base game before seasons comes out.
    Nope, not wrong. A lot of people think that’s unlikely. However, I think it’s a possibility until we know for sure otherwise. You never know with this game