Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's something that, if not in Seasons, would disappoint you?

124...Next

Comments

• JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I guess weather
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    New deaths sounds good. There's a lot of weather related deaths we could incorporate without getting to grim.

Mostly I'd like to be able to specify the length of the season, or if a certain place has that season at all, such as somewhere being snowy for 80% of the time, like we could in Sims 2. Very good feature, essential I'd say.
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    I also demand the return of 'why is it raining in my house?'.
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Different world having different weather, if it's raining in San myshono it could be windy but dry in brindelton bay!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'd be disappointed if there was no Santa Claus. Still peeved that we didn't get him in The Sims 3. He can be an optional download, even.
  • outcastsimmeroutcastsimmer Posts: 45 Member
    GP & SP that should’ve been included in the EP in the first place. Like First Pet Stuff that should’ve came with C&D, Kid’s Stuff that should’ve came with Parenthood, Cool Kitchen Stuff that could’ve came with Dine Out. I feel like that with this pattern, TS4 only proves of how little to no regard they have for their loyal consumers.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I'd get disappointed if the vampires get effected by cold.
    No summer holiday, no extreme weathers, no walk under the umbrella interaction for a couple or some sort, nothing new for pools, swimmable oceans/seas.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I'd be disappointed if the seasons/weather was the same in every world. I don't want it to snow in Oasis Springs, for instance. I'll also be disappointed if seasons doesn't add more outdoor activities like kite flying or playing toss/frisbee. It doesn't need to be those exact things, but I want more things for my sims to do outdoors that raises their fun. Bonus if it doesn't require large objects.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm not having extremely high expectations of a Seasons expansion pack (despite wanting quite a lot of stuff to be featured in it)... so I wouldn't really be disappointed if they don't include certain things (especially with the way recent packs have been implemented). At this point, I'm trying my best to have as little expectations as possible, so I'll actually be impressed with what they give us.

However, the lack of an option to determine how long each season will last for would probably be a huge disappointment. The same goes for the lack of an option to choose which kinds of weather will occur in our game. Also, I really wouldn't like not being able to choose the seasons for each world. I want full control over which seasons and weather will occur in my game. If I don't get that, I'll honestly be pretty upset.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    No need more disappointments, thanks.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I'd be disappointed if there was no Santa Claus. Still peeved that we didn't get him in The Sims 3. He can be an optional download, even.

I'd hope that they put in the Grinch instead of Santa that way Christmas presents can be stolen. That or Krampus to murder sims on Christmas.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Tag! I'm really hoping they brought tag back from TS3! Other than that, I don't think there is anything that will disappoint me. As a feature though, I hope they will allow us to adjust the length of each season, but no biggie if it's not in the game.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »

I'd hope that they put in the Grinch instead of Santa that way Christmas presents can be stolen. That or Krampus to murder sims on Christmas.

I didn't even think of the Grinch! Now I want both.
  • Tezzie7645Tezzie7645 Posts: 108 Member
    I really hope that we will be able to control weather for different worlds because Oasis springs is gonna look pretty silly in winter! I'm also going to be annoyed if they don't include holidays like spooky day that were included in ts3.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Now, based on what we have seen on the trailer so far, my concern is the lack of lounge chairs and sunbathing.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    i would be sad if the lakes won't freeze over and the windows won't get all foggy and by the looks of the trailer the windows stay the same. The rest of the pack looks amazing and i'm really excited. I hope we get some confirmation on the effects of the cold weather like the depth of the snow and the things i listed earlier
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Where as Sims 4 not being able to have toggles - plus the issues where worlds we already have can't be changed with gameplay features without breaking saves - then I ask myself how would they incorporate Seasons anyway with us being unable to control weather and with out it breaking all our saves if we wanted to in any way change weather in various worlds ? Add to that the fact early on a dev/engineer said they would not make self contained worlds with just a single season like they made in Sims 1. Weighing all this info together and trying to deduct what is left - I see my most hated probability is game controlled weather via fx overlays with programming for the feel of the weather in sims to react a certain way when each season is looped into - like acting cold when winter is activate, hot when summer is, etc, etc - but even though things may look fantastic for a few days if the weather is nothing but over lays like modders already can make - I have to wonder about interactions with the sims - as Sims characters do not interact to fx -.It would be just like sims never see the fx cars, boats, the trolley, trains, airplanes, fx animals or insects - it is why they don't get excited to see the Showboat or kids get happy to see butterflies or trains or the chipmunk running around in the forest of OR - It is in reality like humans looking at a green screen when a movie is being made about monsters attacking.

How can anyone say weather makes the game more realistic? When it is just more fx fakeness. I don't see the festivals like we had in Sims 3 - but if we get them at all it will be a limited quick event like in CL, and if you blink you'll miss it.

I don't know - maybe we might have been better off wanting Sims 1 kind of seasonal additions to the game instead of expecting Sims 4 to deliver Sims 2 or 3 weather when it's smart technology engine seems to put such limits on events of any kind - never mind the fact we cannot do a single thing to make festivals different - it's always the same thing over and over - where we as players have zero control and creativity.

For the first time ever - as much as many of you seem to have to have Sims 4 Seasons - I already feel down about being pretty sure that is what is coming as the next ep and already so aware of what that means - It will be all great and new for a few days - and then it will quickly become one of those things that begin to feel more annoying and repetitive that we can't control or change one iota.

I really wish people might have wanted something else with more play value and where we at least have some control - as I am not at all a fan of visual effects outside of movies - because a game should be us doing thing, interacting and controlling the game when it is a sandbox game like the sims - not a projected movie of events where we - the players are stuck just watching the game play out itself. Might as well go watch a movie.

Needless to say - Seasons in Sims 4 is not something I look forward to - I really wanted a pack I could actually play the game in - not watch it like CL is. I fear that is what we will get.

I came back to look what I wrote and saw this comment. From what I've seen it looks like you are right about weather being an fx. :/
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    No festivals or holidays interaction and no kids get a day off from school like a snow day or something.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I was really hoping I'd finally get slow dancing. I'm pretty sure its not in the pack. Now I'm hoping it will be included in a Wedding SP.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    No ice skating so I'm over the moon that it's included.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited May 2018
    Lack of beach activities and accumulating snow with particle effects (or whatever it's called when you see the snow puffing up around a Sims feet).

I can't believe that I would ever need to make this post. Never in my wildest dreams would I have believed that these things would be missing from a Seasons expansion.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'm disappointed by the snow. Looks flat and fake. It's not a dealbreaker though
  • JenpantsJenpants Posts: 58 Member
    I'm already disappointed that there's no opportunities, NO MILITARY CAREER (my sim isnt happy about that), no painting or fishing career, no getting invited over other sims homes for parties other than birthdays... should i continue? But it's not destroying my experience. I still play the game. I still have fun with it. Then again, I have certain, *cough* mods *cough* so... yea ;)
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    No snow depth and accumulation, sims don't get wet when they go out without an umberella on a rainy day, no suntanning ,vampires effected by cold...
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Jenpants wrote: »
    I'm already disappointed that there's no opportunities, NO MILITARY CAREER (my sim isnt happy about that), no painting or fishing career, no getting invited over other sims homes for parties other than birthdays... should i continue? But it's not destroying my experience. I still play the game. I still have fun with it. Then again, I have certain, *cough* mods *cough* so... yea ;)

There is a painting career, it's been there since the base game. And hopefully with this expansion, sims will be invited to other sims houses for parties other than birthdays, since there adding quite a few new holidays and celebrations.