Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving Sims out of University World.

Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I'm still trying to figure out NRAAS and all its different permutations of doing things.

As most of you have guessed, I'm playing a "legacy" and am trying to keep continuity going with the University World, which basically means cycling out the aging sims so that new sims can be generated in University in keeping with the cycling student body in such an institution. And it would seem kind of strange to have my founder sims' descendants go to school with the same sims that the founder went to school with. I'm just obsessive with this as far as MY OWN game is concerned.

I know that @igazor answered this question in an MTS thread.
"All Sims in Uni World" is a pretty tall order to fill but this is exactly the approach I would take. If you add sims in batches per various residential lots using MC > Add Sim > Homeworld > (filter to Uni World) back in your own homeworld, it will create households consisting of those sims for you. The next time you travel to Uni, if you ever do in say a future generation, the original sims might still appear to be there for a moment but then things will resolve and the dupes will disappear. Hopefully then the game will take over and repopulate Uni World for your or you can deploy StoryProgression to do that.

My questions to @igazor is how long does it take for the dupes to disappear...or is it just a brief moment as the UL world is loaded then the game will automatically remove dupes and start generating new sims to take the place of the "moved sims" in the student body?

I presume that I can also shuffle the sims off to various worlds...other than my homeworld? (I don't want all the sims in my homeworld, just a few select ones, and then send the rest off to populate other worlds, leaving the University world to repopulate with new sims.

AND...that means that I don't have to touch MC and totally annihilate any dupes?
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    If you have Traveler, Overwatch, and ErrorTrap in play, any dupes left behind in Uni World after having been MC > Add Sim'ed in other worlds, should clear up within minutes or so. I would not recommend TAing them, the mod might reach across the TravelDB bridge and TA the "wrong" instance of those sims.

The repopulating with a fresh student body can be tricky.

With Traveler and the current version of SP (v267 and appropriate modules) with progression enabled in Uni World, it should happen automatically by Sunday afternoon if not sooner. It may or may not happen in time for the Meet & Greet earlier that Sunday. With the beta testing version of SP (v268 currently), the lack of professors in each major should be taken care of.

With Traveler but no SP or SP's progression not enabled in Uni World, the repopulation may never happen and your sim may be the only student or so for that term (this happened to me once, but only once and I refused to play through it).

Left up to EA's resources entirely, anything can happen (or not happen).

If the repopulation does not happen on its own, SP's Rapid Immigration can be used to bring in new sims right away, they will land in off-campus households, and MC to assign them Uni Careers and Add Sim some of them to dorms and the frat/sorority houses if wanted.

Sims cannot be pushed into other worlds that are not being simulated, they can only be pulled in. So if you wanted 20 Uni students to be moved from Uni to World B that you are not actively playing at the moment, you would have to travel or transition to World B to pull them in. But you may already have a plan in mind for that part.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    @igazor wrote:
    Sims cannot be pushed into other worlds that are not being simulated, they can only be pulled in. So if you wanted 20 Uni students to be moved from Uni to World B that you are not actively playing at the moment, you would have to travel or transition to World B to pull them in. But you may already have a plan in mind for that part.

I had a gut hunch that I may have to go to a world that I'm not playing in currently in order to pull them into there. Thank you for confirming that. @igazor
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~