Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game of Thrones World: Westeros and Essos

anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
edited November 2015 in The Sims 3 Game Tools

***Edit: Please note that an updated, improved, version of this world is available here: A Game of Thrones World

For your gaming pleasure, I present Westeros and Essos - it is a large, unpopulated world with decor, spawners, a few castles (none of the major ones I'm afraid, except the Great Meereen Pyramid), and named lots in the relevant places. The only CC I used is the CAW minor pet spawners available here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=460287 (but included in the world, no need to download) and a few terrain paints. (And it's just been brought to my attention...there is a Ship's Mast on one of the lots - the world will install fine without it if you do a Clean Install).

Download for Westeros and Essos: http://www.mediafire.com/?owowk0vb1otk26o

It is vital that you have update 1.42 or later to enable ocean swimming, otherwise this world WILL break your game.

I made it with the following expansion packs: Ambitions, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, Supernatural, Monte Vista, Barnacle Bay, Dragon Valley, Riverview, Midnight Hollow.

screenshot-1119.jpg?w=560&h=420
screenshot-1159.jpg?w=560&h=420
screenshot-1157.jpg?w=560&h=420

This shows the coastline - it isn't an up to date image (added lots and made a few minor changes), but serves to show scale and outline:
we1.jpg?w=560&h=792

screenshot-1081.jpg?w=560&h=420
screenshot-1084.jpg?w=560&h=420
screenshot-1095.jpg?w=560&h=420
screenshot-1101.jpg?w=560&h=420
screenshot-1111.jpg?w=560&h=420
screenshot-1204.jpg?w=300&h=225

more info and screenshots available here: http://calinselene.wordpress.com/

Hope you enjoy, and please feel free to post some screenshots of your G.O.T simming here :).

Oh, one side note... had an idea for a challenge using this world and Daenerys: The purpose of the challenge is to help Daenerys win the Iron Throne using (wait for it...) a zombie army! :P. It would be an open ended challenge and I'm thinking it would be considered met if her army bit and turned say 20 Westeros citizens. There could be an reward item for those who entered and some rules etc. Would anyone we interested in such a challenge? Let me know :).
Post edited by anetherron on

Comments

• thetideschangingthetideschanging Posts: 250 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Looks beautiful!!! I just wanted to say that I love GoT!!
  • anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    edited April 2013
    Thank you very much Tides :). I love it too - haven't seen the second series yet (hoping to get it soon) but really can't wait to!
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi anetherron.
    I left a message on your page.
    My Riverrun & Castle Black lots are built for custom worlds.
    RiverRun (5 lots)It's kind of a big jigsaw puzzle.
    Fortified with steep slope into water. Outer wall are painted topped with Meta walls
    Had to break up Castle into a few lots to get elevation. 2 gates lots (water & land)
    These are inspirational pics for RR.
    Tall towers were not practical since there's no way of getting up them :?
    tumblr_m60zt7KGRz1r374ubo1_500.jpg"width=500"
    Riverrun.png"width=500"

Castle Black is also several lots. Basically small fortified compound.
    Still figuring out how to build Wall Gate & access top of wall.
    This is a good reference for CB style.
    The layout is a bit more vague. Had to go by imagination & the books.
    Castle_Black.jpg"width=500"

I haven't even thought about Mole town. Not much to see above ground :wink:
    If you're not in a hurry I could figure out a modified version of RR & CB that might work in your world.
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
    edited May 2013
    Hey Stella, thanks for coming back to me - left a response on my page for you. No rush, but when you've done your worlds I'd love to beta test them for you :). I haven't found a way up The Wall either, not a way that doesn't involve a great many switchback paths or routing errors, anyway. As for the tall towers - there are ways to fudge it so that you can get to the top - I found this tut, though I haven't tried the technique yet http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=360606. I usually just build the towers then either put in elevators (I built one steampunkish tower that's 'powered' by slaves in the basement running on treadmills LOL)or build a lot of stairs running along the inside of the tower. That is very fiddly and takes forever as you have to put steps on various switchbacking levels, but at least you have access to the tower. On the Red Keep which I'm working on now I built the tall towers, then built a multi-level stairway up to it - I'll post a pic soon as I take one. I do love tall towers and am constantly fiddling with ways to make them workable :).
    edited May 2013
    screenshot-1275.jpg?w=600

That't the Red Keep so far - you can see what I mean by multi-level stairs - this way you make a feature of it too.
  • TaramiluielTaramiluiel Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Thank you so much for making this incredible world! I'm having a great time populating it with characters from G.R.R. Martin's books while I wait for the fourth season to air on HBO. I added more lots so I can fill out the town with lesser families. I'm so glad you didn't put roads in, so no taxis drive between Winterfell and the Red Keep. Unfortunately, because of Island Paradise, there's nothing I can do to prevent Sims from taking speed boats across the Narrow Sea. :lol:
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited March 2014
    Wow this looks amazing! I am going to add this to my favorites so I can play it later.
    I love worlds without roads.
    I don't see IP in your list of EP's so it would be safe to unistall that EP to play in this world, correct?

I hope people will share their households on the exchange to make populating easier :)
    Thank you for sharing your hard work and creativity. It really is a stunning world!
  • glory_joyglory_joy Posts: 134 Member
    edited March 2014
    I "discovered" this world a few weeks back and find it perfect for what I have in mind, as well as beautiful. I have been slowly filling it with sims and lots to suit my needs and haven't really even played yet.
  • SmartTrek8699SmartTrek8699 Posts: 472 Member
    edited March 2014
    will have to give this one a try as my brother is a huge fan
    edited April 2014
    Thank you all for your lovely comments, I hope you are enjoying the world, and as for...
    Unfortunately, because of Island Paradise, there's nothing I can do to prevent Sims from taking speed boats across the Narrow Sea.

I know! It's a pet peeve of mine, and I think it's absolutely hilarious that my horses take speedboats too! :D
  • nazaknazak Posts: 62 Member
    Amazing building!
  • Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    Aaw so happy to see it here! I love your world so much :wink:
  • TheEpicLadyRaeTheEpicLadyRae Posts: 45 Member
    ty! was looking for exactly this!
    Hi all - just letting you know that I've updated this world - fixed a few faults, sculpted the world and filled it in more, and added a few lots - including The Eyrie!. You can see the changes here: A Game of Thrones World
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    @anetherron your Game of Thrones Westeros and Essos is an absolutely AWESOME world :) !!! Thank you for updating and adding lots ... the Eyrie looks fabulous! <3
  • iiHomeworldGemiiHomeworldGem Posts: 10 New Member
    this is really cool!!!