Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We Might Be Getting New Stairs

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited May 2018
    He's also requesting feedback on build features.

lWqUTiw.png

LnVqb7u.png

WQ1qQfg.png

Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • xdawnxxdawnx Posts: 81 Member
    I would be very happy with some new stairs, i was only thinking the other day 'surely its time we got some new stairs' i loved the spiral ones in the sims 3!
    Look for my lot creations on the gallery luckylady88 ;)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd love for them to bring the spiral staircases back. I miss the look of them. I especially hope they add a wrought iron choice style wise.
    I like the part "We have a long list of things we want to make" also. It shows the commitment and energy to the series... which people seem to need to hear consistently.
    egTcBMc.png
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I voted for stair landings because that covers all the different shapes of stair, minus spiral I suppose, and possibly could come with a real split level tool.
  • EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    Hey @simgirl1010 I switched out the pictures in your first post with the direct links to the tweets. This way people can click on the tweet with the poll and participate easier. :)
    EA_Spectre wrote: »
    Hey @simgirl1010 I switched out the pictures in your first post with the direct links to the tweets. This way people can click on the tweet with the poll and participate easier. :)

Thanks!
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    New stairs would be great. Too bad I don't use Twitter, otherwise I would have voted for stair landings.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I voted for stair landings because that covers all the different shapes of stair, minus spiral I suppose, and possibly could come with a real split level tool.

Same. I see it as being very useful for many different things.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Im not joining twitter for this. Should have been a vote on the forum :D I would vote for L shape. Spiral stairs are not my thing.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Why suggest? We suggest things all the time. How often are they ever considered or even happen? Never. We wanted pets we got only cats and dogs with nothing to them. We wanted apartments we got restrictive locations in the sky that come with locked traits that will ruin the fun such as TLC earthquakes, gremlins, etc.
    If we ask for a certain stair case I suspect instead we'd get a decorative ladder in a new Stuff Pack called Shed Stuff where you get a bunch of decorative tools and other junk to place anywhere for $10.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
    If you're not interested in taking the poll then fine, but as several comments have already been removed please let's keep the discussion centered on building features for the game. Thanks. :)
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Why suggest? We suggest things all the time. How often are they ever considered or even happen? Never. We wanted pets we got only cats and dogs with nothing to them. We wanted apartments we got restrictive locations in the sky that come with locked traits that will ruin the fun such as TLC earthquakes, gremlins, etc.
    If we ask for a certain stair case I suspect instead we'd get a decorative ladder in a new Stuff Pack called Shed Stuff where you get a bunch of decorative tools and other junk to place anywhere for $10.

If it does work out though....?
    I mean we also got toddlers and vampires and more family stuff like parenthood to flesh out tots-teens and laundry which for people who like it is really fleshed out, so I mean might as well contribute because when they do listen what we get is amazing, and more on point :)
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Voted for L shaped stairs :)

• MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Anyone know if the vote is available anyplace besides twitter?
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I voted for L-shaped but I didn’t really notice the stair landings til after. That would give us both U shaped and L shaped! I think he’s clear that none of these things are confirmation. I think this is an easy way for them to guage interest and maybe make some decisions on where they want to take the game next. Being open and communicating with fans more is a MAJOR positive and I hope people will be thankful for that and remember that we have just been through a huge information drought. It’s always better to be able to talk with the team like this than just sitting in the dark
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully stair landings wins seems like the best option. Sadly the vote is up for only people who can use Twitter could he not make a post here and widen the range of voters.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I want all the options but I chose L-shaped before I saw that there was a landing option.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    aws200 wrote: »

Actually, they do pay attention to suggestions and incorporate some of them. I can personally attest to this. About a year before Vampires came out, I was posting in many of the vampire threads and stated a whole bunch of things I'd like to see, including a variety of vampires, a selection of vampire powers, gargoyle statues, black iron gates, wilted and dead plants, a Victorian-esque theme... Lo and behold, we got just that.

So I say go ahead and make your suggestions. Vote in the polls, post in the Ideas section, and keep stating what you want to see because there is a chance, even if it is small, that you will get it.

I voted for the staircase landings because I feel like they could add a lot of creative possibilities. Plus, I really want to see some mansions with some grand stairways that tier, or turn off to the upper floors.
    #Team Occult
    I want all the options but I chose L-shaped before I saw that there was a landing option.

1yWaAU4.png
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I'd love to see all variety of stairs really! But I voted spiral for my first pick. I think stair landings would be the best option overall for builds and stuff though.
    6riwm5.png
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I'd love to see all variety of stairs really! But I voted spiral for my first pick. I think stair landings would be the best option overall for builds and stuff though.

Oh yes, I would love to have a ''stair tool'' just like the kitchen counters and cabinets tool. A tool where you can ''craft'' your own stairs out of modular parts. Would be very cool and versatile!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2018
    I know everybody wants Spirals, but vote for something else because we'll get spirals anyway.

And we're not getting disabilities.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I know everybody wants Spirals, but vote for something else because we'll get spirals anyway.

That's my thinking too. Spirals should be a forgone conclusion. I wouldn't be mad at ladders either.
    Ceiling Tiles

iVZlprl.png

qCoipQS.png