The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats and mouse homes in apartments

Hi,

I have all packs inc cats and dogs and city living. I have an apartment with mouse holes and the mice come out to play. I also have 2 cats in my family and they don't do anything about the mice.

Is that what's suppose to happen or a missed oppournity by EA/ Maxis

Comments

• AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Since cats and mice are from different EP, they don't interact with each other. On the one hand, it would have been really cool and more realistic for cats to be able to eat mice but on the other hand, I don't think EA would allow that to happen since it could shock some of the players...
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    It should work so, as they confirmed it on the Twitter. They literally took the mouse hole from City Living, put in the Build mode for Cats & Dogs owners and it should work totally same except you can move and delete it.
    I believe it works. I have had my cat and dog go hunting in the bush that came in Get Together. Cats & Dogs works with many add-ons, like Get Together (Cat and dog lover clubs and the bush fact), Vampires (Vampire vets can get plasma packs from pet surgeries), Outdoor Retreat (The ranger station also sells food bowls, litter boxes etc), City Living (Mouse holes) and Parenthood (Some activities raises child's Responsibility value) etc. I have seen these work. Cats in my game see the mouse hole many times in a day in my game at least.
    Try repairing the game by right clicking on it in Origin. Maybe that works.
  • dragonmiroffdragonmiroff Posts: 23 Member
    Ok, I will give it ago.

I thought they may have added a "tom and jerry" style chase animation or made it so the cats guard the hole to stop the mice coming out. The cats putting their paws in and not finding anything or perhaps hapve the two be friends and have angry/confused sim reactions
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I think it's weird that they did not give cats certain interactions with the mouse. Or, if making it simple, at least let a cat be curious to that black hole, sniffing and waiting, even if not really noticing when the mouse wanders outside.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • heliosbengisuheliosbengisu Posts: 1 New Member
    some interaction between mice and cats would be great
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    It should work so, as they confirmed it on the Twitter. They literally took the mouse hole from City Living, put in the Build mode for Cats & Dogs owners and it should work totally same except you can move and delete it.
    I believe it works. I have had my cat and dog go hunting in the bush that came in Get Together. Cats & Dogs works with many add-ons, like Get Together (Cat and dog lover clubs and the bush fact), Vampires (Vampire vets can get plasma packs from pet surgeries), Outdoor Retreat (The ranger station also sells food bowls, litter boxes etc), City Living (Mouse holes) and Parenthood (Some activities raises child's Responsibility value) etc. I have seen these work. Cats in my game see the mouse hole many times in a day in my game at least.
    Try repairing the game by right clicking on it in Origin. Maybe that works.

I have a cat in CL apartment with original mouse hole and the cat does nothing with the mouses, never. I thought it would work, so it was disappointing. Perhaps the mouse hole that came with C&D is different somehow?
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    That's sad. I really wish there was more interaction between packs.
  • AurialAurial Posts: 53 Member
    It should work, give it time, maybe add the active trait?
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    That's weird, my Salim Benali's cat in his needs TLC apartment definitely interacts with mice.
    I never paid close enough attention to it, but the cat handles that problem on his own now.

I *think* he would like to have a go at the cockroaches aswell but with the bathtub in the way I can't be certain it's a thing.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I swore I saw a screen shot of a cat chasing a mouse before, but for the life of me I can't remember where :neutral: Sadly, I wouldn't know since all of my apartment dwelling sims live in the upper class apartments so there are no mice :/
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2018
    I've had a cat watch the mice, but it was only a kitten at the time.

I think how they interact with them depends on the cats' traits, or perhaps obsessions.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I've had a cat watch the mice, but it was only a kitten at the time.

I think how they interact with them depends on the cats' traits, or perhaps obsessions.

My lazy cat doesn’t care about anything except sleeping really.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I think it depends on the cat. They end up with different fears and stuff I’m guessing based on traits.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    @dragonmiroff I don't know about apartments that come with mouse holes, but the ones included in the pack which you can place yourself do have interactions with cats. It's not much, the cat waits outside and tries to pounce on the mouse. It might depend on the traits of your cat, it could also be a hidden trait, I'm not sure. I do know not all cats will interact with the mice nor will they immediately do so.

• PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    Has anyone ever had the cats show any interest in the birds at the bird feeder from Backyard Stuff? It's one of the first things I tried, forgetting the feeder was in a stuff pack, but I've never had any of mine sit and watch it or notice it's there. Wouldn't require any extra animations, just that the cat be drawn to sit and stare at the birds. At my place, we call the bird feeders "cat tv".
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited May 2018
    If chasing CL mouse depends on cat's traits, then anyone know which traits would work?

My cat is frisky, talkative, freespirit and they lived on the Fashion district, next to Penny Pizzazz place.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    The mouse holes from CL are kinda buged wich prevent cats from hunting the mice in them. Cats getting pathfinding issues with them, saying they can not reach, them even when they should.
    And I only found this out with the playablepets mod.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    If chasing CL mouse depends on cat's traits, then anyone know which traits would work?

Mine was aloof, free spirit and spoiled. I'll go back to test but he was definitely going after the mice a few patches ago.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited May 2018
    Then maybe the bug was patched because in january or was it december the bug was there and I reported it. Needing to test it out again. :o