Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 QC Create A Room Contest ~ Challenge 85 Up due (EST) 10th December ☆☆

Comments

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,087 Member
    I'm really looking forward to seeing your living room @chips46 B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Entry Form:
    QC Room challenge no:78
    Origin ID: chips46
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Advanced
    Gallery Name: Futuristic Living Room
    Gallery Link: Futuristic Living Room
    Notes about: The curtains I have combine a few together to have that elegant look how I place them and I use a few lights to cover the curtain rod but I think It's cutting into the wall and same with the TV around the edge to give it a glow around the edge not really sure if its cutting into the TV
    Images (2 - 6 images):
    At least 1 showing as much of a room as possible.
    6uoPULr.pngimgAaAqjXi.pngu474bgK.pngnwV3v2S.pngR5COXdR.pngJloBnDR.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    The layout and furnishing of Futuristic Living Room is very nice! @chips46 :) It looks very effective how you have used the mirrors in the room. The coffee and popcorn nook looks great! The teapot wall cabinets look great on the nook wall. Sims will enjoy getting coffee there and making popcorn to enjoy eating whilst sitting on the white sofa or armchairs watching tv or reading a book. The sims will have fun playing console games on the large screen tv. Very nice design of the bar counter area! The drinks shelves look great on the wall, and it looks very nice how the cabinets have been placed to create the drinks shelving nook. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar or from the drinks tray. Nice corner nook area for sims to sims to enjoy eating and drinking food from the buffet table and the fountain. The white curtains are a nice touch there. The design of the fireplace nook area looks great! The cars and dog on the fireplace ledge, and the awards trophies and pictures on the walls either sides of the fireplace are very nice touches. Very nice bookcase nook . The white curtains and the vases either sides of the bookcase looks nice. Sims will have fun playing chess in the room.
    The furnishing of the room looks very nice! :)
    What a great idea @chips46 B)! Your living room is very unique :D:)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Thank you very much @rosemow :)

Thank you very much @coolsim9999999 I'm glad you think my room is very unique :D:)
    You're very welcome @chips46 :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Hi everyone!

So great to see so much variety in the rooms entered for this challenge! I can tell you it's really special to get to see them up close and really notice all the small details :blush: You've all done an awesome job!

Since a few of our regulars normally entering in Advanced have been away, that category now only has a few of us. For that reason I am trying to get an entry in, both to keep @chips46 on her toes, but also as it's really good for me to try and keep up with you guys. As you saw in the last challenge @Cbear13 did in fact catch me with a rug sticking under a door frame :joy: It just goes to show that we can all slip up every now and then, right? :blush:

In this challenge my biggest issue was dealing with a non-symmetrical room shape. I like my symmetry :joy: As I was working on my rom last night we actually had a power outage in our street. I luckily did not loose much progress, but it meant I wasn't able to post the entry last night. I should have time to get it entered today though!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Hello @Ninnster :) I will look forward to seeing your room! It wasn’t good that you had the power outrage :( It was good that you didn’t lose too much progress.
    I hope that your finishing of the room goes well :)
  • Coco4simsCoco4sims Posts: 7 New Member
    QC Room challenge 78! (My first time officially submitting)
    Origin ID: CoCoForSims
    Entering as: Intermediate Level - (choosing intermediate because this is my first time, please let me know if I should enter as something else next time)
    Gallery Name: The Greatest Great Room

Gallery Link: h.ttps://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6C473C35572D11E883CE53122EDD2A5B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=CoCoForSims&max=50&maxis=false

Notes about entry:

Images (2 - 6 images): (forum would not let me post links says "have to be around longer")
    1.[img] h.ttps://i.imgur.com/EDFMKys.png [/img]
    Birds Eye view of entire room - (shows most/all of room)

2.[img] h.ttps://i.imgur.com/IIDDDsq.png [/img]
    View of card game table area, accompanied by Gerrard and Bernice and their other snooty friends.

3.[img] h.ttps://i.imgur.com/YbxTwL9.png [/img]
    Lounging/ sitting area with cozy extravagant fireplace, along with a small drink area in the back in case the bar is too far!

4.[img] h.ttps://i.imgur.com/ANUDadh.png [/img]
    Main entrance view - showing one half of the living room.

5.[img] h.ttps://i.imgur.com/5IZVdWF.png [/img]
    Bar half view - showing the other half of the living room.

6.[img] h.ttps://i.imgur.com/nIhVeNV.png [/img]
    Front view of bar - not quite visible but, another record player near the bar and the pipe organ in the corner to further entertain guests in the most fanciest way possible
    QC Room challenge 78! (My first time officially submitting... would not let me properly attach links)
    Entering as: Intermediate Level - (choosing intermediate because this is my first time, please let me know if I should enter as something else next time)

Gallery Link: h.ttps://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6C473C35572D11E883CE53122EDD2A5B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=CoCoForSims&max=50&maxis=false

Notes about entry: The Peacocks have been thoroughly enjoying throwing lavish parties and get togethers in their new "roaring 20's" and "jazz age" themed living room! Bernard enjoys entertaining guests by playing the pipe organ, he is also highly skilled in mixology (par takes a little too much in drink) Bernice likes to sip on a nice (most expensive) glass of nectar while bragging about their possessions.

**(( -enlarged record players with MOO, still functional. -column placed on corner of wall near bar for decor purposes, does not stick out outside. -drinks on top of bar cart do not have the platter visible, but still can drink drinks. -2 masterpiece paintings in room -everything in room is fully functional! Sorry if there are any errors or mistakes that I missed!))

Images (2 - 6 images): (forum would not let me post links says "have to be around longer")
    1.[img] h.ttps://i.imgur.com/EDFMKys.png [/img]

2.[img] h.ttps://i.imgur.com/IIDDDsq.png [/img]
    View of card game table area, accompanied by Gerrard and Bernice and their other snooty friends.

3.[img] h.ttps://i.imgur.com/YbxTwL9.png [/img]
    Lounging/ sitting area with cozy extravagant fireplace, along with a small drink area in the back in case the bar is too far!

4.[img] h.ttps://i.imgur.com/ANUDadh.png [/img]

5.[img] h.ttps://i.imgur.com/5IZVdWF.png [/img]

6.[img] h.ttps://i.imgur.com/nIhVeNV.png [/img]
    Front view of bar - not quite visible but, another record player near the bar and the pipe organ in the corner to further entertain guests in the most fanciest way possible
    edited May 2018
    Coco4sims wrote: »
    QC Room challenge 78! (My first time officially submitting)

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6C473C35572D11E883CE53122EDD2A5B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=CoCoForSims&max=50&maxis=false

Notes about entry: The Peacocks have been thoroughly enjoying throwing lavish parties and get togethers in their new "roaring 20's" and "jazz age" themed living room! Bernard enjoys entertaining guests by playing the pipe organ, he is also highly skilled in mixology (par takes a little too much in drink) Bernice likes to sip on a nice (most expensive) glass of nectar while bragging about their possessions.

**(( -enlarged record players with MOO, still functional. -column placed on corner of wall near bar for decor purposes, does not stick out outside. -drinks on top of bar cart do not have the platter visible, but still can drink drinks. -2 masterpiece paintings in room -everything in room is fully functional! Sorry if there are any errors or mistakes that I missed!))

1.EDFMKys.png

2.IIDDDsq.png

3.YbxTwL9.png

4.ANUDadh.png

5.5IZVdWF.png

6.nIhVeNV.png

Hello @Coco4sims :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is great that you have entered the challenge! The “ roaring 20’s” and “ jazz age” theme of The Greatest Great Room looks very nice! :) Very nice furnishing and layout of the room! The red and brown colour scheme and the type of wall paneling used looks very nice. Very nice gaming nook area for the sims to enjoy playing card table games with their friends. The statues on the fables either sides of the csrd table and the pets picture on the wall of the dogs playing a game add a great look to the area. The patterned floor rugs look very nice in the room. Very nice fireplace red armchairs and sofa seats sitting area for sims to enjoy resting there chatting in front of the fire and listening to music from the gramophone. They will enjoy having a drink from the globe bar whilst sitting there. The gold bullion and the dogs on the fireplace ledge look great there. The statue wearing the top hat is a great touch in the room.Very nice bar area! The drinks shelves look great placed there on the wall. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and listening to Gerrsrd playing the pipe organ. The ceiling candlelights look very nice in the room.
    The design of the grand and rich looking room looks very nice! :)
    Thank you very much @rosemow ! Hopefully I am a good contestant for the challenge! I can’t wait until the next Challenge is available!
    -Coco
    Also @rosemow I apologize for my double post!!! Please excuse my new member errors
    Thank you very much @rosemow ! Hopefully I am a good contestant for the challenge! I can’t wait until the next Challenge is available!
    -Coco
    Also @rosemow I apologize for my double post!!! Please excuse my new member errors

You’re very welcome ! @Coco4sims :) You don’t need to apologise for the double post! Because you are a new member you can’t edit posts so new simmers often need to post again to add other details.
    I will look forward to seeing your entries in future challenges also :)
    edited May 2018
    Entry Form
    QC Room challenge no:78
    Origin ID: Ninnster
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Advanced
    Gallery Name: Pink Panther
    Gallery Link: Here
    Notes about entry:
    For the first time I have used a black and baby pink color combination, and I think it worked well in this modern yet extravagant living room! Not sure why, but in my head Gerard and Bernice loves a more modern look.

Judges notes:
    -There are 3 masterpieces. Two of them are made by my Sim with "Paint by reference". The last one is a "standard" classical painting.
    -Extensive moo work in this room. In the bar lights have been "built in" to the bar and the mirror wall. Shelves also intersect the mirrors. The wall decoration by the bar combines two objects to create one. The light sculpture combines tables and the floor light. In the fireplace the two mirrors have been combined to give it a different look. The pillars slightly intersect with the fireplace. I wasn't able to fix this problem. The black light mirrors on the pink wall section might intersect with the pillars, but I did try to avoid it.

Images (2 - 6 images):

vmB0YpW.png
    3ihfjYW.png
    xyvgbxF.png
    EJCj5s7.png
    onC5myE.png
    Post edited by Ninnster on

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

The furnishing and design of Pink Panther looks very elegant ! @Ninnster :) Very nice pink and black colour scheme of the room! The bar area looks very great! It looks very creative how you have used the shelving, bottles of drink and mirrors for the feature wall. The candles are nice touches on the bar counter. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. It looks very nice the way that the pink and black blinds and the aquarium tanks separate off the areas of the room. Nice nook area for sims to have fun playing chess, Sims will enjoy eating and drinking food and drinks from the buffet table and fountain. Very nice pink sofa seats sitting area for sims to relax, and chat with friends in front of the fireplace. The design of the fireplace wall looks very nice! The pink flowers on the coffee and side tables look pretty. They will have fun dancing to the stereo music. Very nice corner music nook. Sims will enjoy playing the black grand piano whilst sunlight come in through the windows or enjoy listening to the music being played. The corner reading nook is great! Sims will enjoy resting on the white chairs reading books from the pink bookcase. The butterflies picture is nice for sims to look at when sitting there.
    It is a very stylishly nice living room! :)
    @rosemow Thank you Rosemow for always being so kind :blush:

@Coco4sims I know we have talked a lot off the forum, but I think a warm welcome is called for! I hope you enjoy the QC challenge! We always love seeing new faces, so I hope you have lots of fun here with us :smiley: Good luck!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

I'm glad @Ninnster you got your room in on time and didn't lose to much progress of your room from power blackout me too I had no internet for a few hours I wasn't sure if I could get mine posted in either your Pink Panther room looks very lovely I like how you bring the pink out against the dark colours and you did very well with a non-symmetrical room shape although it was out of your comfort zone

It's been on my mind for a while you wont need to keep me on my toes too much longer it wasn't easy I have decided I will go with my plan b it's best for all I already made my mind up so dont worry :)
    Hello @chips46
    I am sorry to hear that you may be planning not to enter the room challenge :( We will miss seeing your rooms if you decide not to enter. You always design and furnish the rooms so very well! You are so very creative!
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    9TkPZAb.png
    Challenge 78 is now officially over, fantastic entries love how different they are from each other

Challenge 79 will be up in the next day sorry for delay only just got home and very tired
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    @chips46 Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback on my room :heart:

Taking a break now are you? :blush: We all have lives outside the forums and it's important to not forget that. Whatever your reason is, you should always do what's right for you. If you feel you need to step away for a while then do so :blush:

Just do not think that you in any way have been making it harder on me. I participate in these challenges for the same reason as everyone else: fun! I love Cbear's themes, and I find they inspire me to try new things and build stuff I normally wouldn't. I know I give you a hard time as we are the only two advanced contestants right now, but sparring against you helps me to get better and I have so much fun :wink: I will be joining in the contest regardless, but without you I will probably just post them as Unofficial :joy:

I hope to see you around, and do message me every now and then and keep in touch alright? :smiley:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    @Ninnster Oh, I never thought of that color combination! And yet it looks so lush and elegant and cool. What a great room design!
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    What an awesome color combination @Ninnster B)! I really like the details in your living room :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top