Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing menu UI :(

meghannnemeghannne Posts: 3 New Member
Hi there, I'm having a weird issue today... I play with mods/CC, so took a deep breath & updated my game via Origin a few days ago with the new update. Luckily everything was fine & I've been playing without issue ever since... until today. I loaded up my game to find I couldn't click on anything more than one menu deep. I've had this happen on stagnant games in the past, so I rebooted Origin & TS4 in hopes of refreshing the menus. No dice. I have a UI exception for every time I open the game, as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>7820cd39497a0c357f2d3df</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2016-10-03 22:11:50</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.23.24.1010-1.300.000.78.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)UnknownFile</categoryid><desyncid>7820cd39497a0c357f2d3df</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.&#13;&#10;	at GameplayTab instance constructor()&#13;&#10;	at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Initialize()&#13;&#10;	at olympus.core::LayoutManager/LoadWidgetCompleteHandler()&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Same issue every time. I've moved all my files to desktop & generated new TS4 folders; repaired game via Origin; rebooted my machine; removed all the CC which I know modifies the game UI; tried both 32-bit and 64-bit versions (no idea if that could help or not). I'm currently in the middle of a full reinstall. I know I have to comb through my CC next, but figured I'd try my luck here in case anyone can help identify the UI exception above. I can kinda read code, but I'm not familiar with this error nor am I seeing where to look for the issue here.

Any ideas which might spare me from a long night of CC maintenance? :)

Comments