Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how do i move a dog or cat into a family??

i cant work it out

Comments

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited November 2017
    I think you can either adopt (phone or computer?) or just add them directly through CAS (mirror/dresser). You can also befriend strays and adopt them (when their relationship is high enough a new interaction will show up: adopt).
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    you can also add them through household management
  • Options
    Genie1221Genie1221 Posts: 223 Member
    I have tried the phone and the computer.... I find nothing about adopting pets on either.
    When I go to make a pet...I must also make a sim with them.
    I do not want to add a new sim to my current household.
  • Options
    revengearncerevengearnce Posts: 13 New Member
    Sorry if I'm too late to the party but I went to manage worlds, then to more, manage household and then onto edit. Hope this helped :)
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited November 2017
    Pet adoption is under "hire a service" on your sim's phone. I haven't done it through a computer yet, but I assume it's under adoption on there. Also, FYI you have to be on your home lot for the option to be available. Once social services arrives with the pet(s) click the animal and select "adopt $200".

ETA: you can adopt up to 3 pets in one go.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    If you want to add a pet to your current household, just select "plan outfits" on a mirror with any sim (on the home lot). Once your Sim is in CAS, look at the bottom left corner of the screen, and select the "+" next to your Sims to add a customized pet.
  • Options
    Genie1221Genie1221 Posts: 223 Member
    Pet adoption is under "hire a service" on your sim's phone. I haven't done it through a computer yet, but I assume it's under adoption on there. Also, FYI you have to be on your home lot for the option to be available. Once social services arrives with the pet(s) click the animal and select "adopt $200".

ETA: you can adopt up to 3 pets in one go.

Thank you... my current family have now adopted a puppy. :smiley:
  • Options
    judeareennjudeareenn Posts: 41 Member
    on the computer if you click one of the options it leads to the pet adoption option
  • Options
    CherryTowerCherryTower Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Pixelsimmer said:
    > I think you can either adopt (phone or computer?) or just add them directly through CAS (mirror/dresser). You can also befriend strays and adopt them (when their relationship is high enough a new interaction will show up: adopt).

I actually don't think you can do that.
  • Options
    DogicornsDogicorns Posts: 11 New Member
    On computers and phones, click Hire a Service, then adopt cat or dog whichever you prefer. Making a pet in CAS you go to manage Households, then click the pencil icon to go into CAS. Finally, you can adopt strays but I think you need to be good friends.
  • Options
    DogicornsDogicorns Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Dogicorns said:
    > On computers and phones, click Hire a Service, then adopt cat or dog whichever you prefer. Making a pet in CAS you go to manage Households, then click the pencil icon to go into CAS. Finally, you can adopt strays but I think you need to be good friends.

I forgot to add when in manage households choose the family you want, then the pencil icon will appear.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Genie1221 wrote: »
    I have tried the phone and the computer.... I find nothing about adopting pets on either.
    When I go to make a pet...I must also make a sim with them.
    I do not want to add a new sim to my current household.

You can create a pet on their own, if you go into CAS whether its a new game just to simply create the pet to start, you obviously start with the human sim.. you do as you would and create a pet, if you click back to the human sim there should be an X that appears over the top right corner if you hover your mouse over it - that will ask you if you want to delete that sim.

then create your pet as you would upload to gallery - go into the household you want to add the pet and download it back off the gallery and merge it with your household and taadaa!
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited April 2018
    Deleted
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    WoodsiyWoodsiy Posts: 8 New Member
    All you have to do is have your sim go on a computer and then select household... Adopt.. Adopt a dog/cat.
  • Options
    Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    If you want to add a pet to your current household, just select "plan outfits" on a mirror with any sim (on the home lot). Once your Sim is in CAS, look at the bottom left corner of the screen, and select the "+" next to your Sims to add a customized pet.

I just tried, and this doesn't work. You need to activate cas.fulleditmode to do this.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »

I just tried, and this doesn't work. You need to activate cas.fulleditmode to do this.

That's true if you do it from gameplay. But you can also go to Manage Worlds > Manage Households and open the household there, with no cheat code.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.