Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Final entries for challenge 62, fantastic entries for the fantastic beasts challenge

BvqeoGO.png
    1Oh38Wo.png
    ✶✶ chips46 entry form ✶✶

XHFNQFF.png
    BtBcCVY.png
    ✶✶ CaramelLibra29 sim entry form ✶✶
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    9TkPZAb.png

Challenge 62 Banners are now available for the next 3 weeks on page 1, congratulations for your fabulous efforts.
    Please save your banners to your computers

Challenge 62 Banners found here
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Cbear13 Aww, yes I do wish I had time to enter this one. I just don't have time to do every challenge I want sadly :joy: I am too focused on the big mall for the Monthly.. and I am also doing the room challenge.. and working on my next Little Italy build.. and have other things planned after that. That and of course judging duties takes up a little time these days too :wink:

Having said that though, I know the more "normal" challenges are more popular, but I do really appreciate you putting up something like this every now and then. The few entries that come in tend to be so very special :heart:

I think you have the righ idea with mixing them up :blush:

As for future challenges, I will have a think about it and see if I can come up with some suggestions!

By the way, love the new challenge! No idea if I will do anything for this one yet.. nothing planned so far. But you know, I said that about Hudson Street too so... :joy: I'll have a think and see if I get any ideas.
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    @chips46 your Mystical Magical Zoo is Amazing! Wonderful Magical Creatures, Cute and Relaxing Atmosphere <3 I'm lovin it!
    @CaramelLibra29 I admire your Sims, you created Tina perfectly!
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited May 2018
    Your magical garden is extremely creative @chips46 B)! I love all the little details that you put all around your very pretty lot <3!

Awesome Sims @CaramelLibra29 B)!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    I really like both the extremely creative challenges that you put up and the more "normal" ones @Cbear13 B)! I wanted to do the magical zoo one, but I was on vacation :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    detonitusdetonitus Posts: 65 Member
    Hey @Cbear13 I was wondering what to do when you do not have the Laundry Day pack to make a laundry room? (I really want to buy it though, but waiting for a sale ;) )
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited May 2018
    detonitus wrote: »
    Hey @Cbear13 I was wondering what to do when you do not have the Laundry Day pack to make a laundry room? (I really want to buy it though, but waiting for a sale ;) )

Hello @detonitus
    You could try designing a laundry room where you use moo to creatively make items that look like the washing machine and dryer. By adding the pool light to a cabinet, it can resemble a washing machine. There are laundry themed items from the base game and other packs that could be used instead. You could then add a comment when posting your home build to say that you don’t own the laundry pack.
    These are just suggestions :)
    This is a laundry room that wrathofcath made before the Laundry pack was released. You may get ideas from the room.
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2E3292DD1D1311E68099FD26FF3ADE4A
  • Options
    @detonitus as rosemow has said you can just be creative in making it look like a laundry room it doesnt matter if its not real and functional
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited May 2018
    Thank you for loving my magical zoo park @Cbear13 , @coolsim9999999 now to come back from fantasyland :D

It's good to have a variety of challenges like the creative ones good practice on your moo work as it was a big work out on my magical zoo park and with all that moo work I ended with a sore hand :D It's a bit better now B)
    Post edited by chips46 on
  • Options
    You're very welcome @chips46 :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    detonitusdetonitus Posts: 65 Member
    Aaah ofcourse that is so smart! Thank you @rosemow and @Cbear13
  • Options
    maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    @Cbear13 What a wonderful challenge "A Mother's Love" the requirements just seems to warm the heart.. Thank You @Cbear13 for posting these challenges.. a challenge with a meaning feels happy all the time... and your advice is very welcoming too... I can't wait to start building :smile:
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    Quick question - If a top that I'm using on my sim doesn't allow the necklace to show, should I put the necklace on anyways and have it count as an accessory or is it no use? Thanks!
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • Options
    @HEW310 it would be no use, accessories include hats, glasses, stockings, socks and jewellery. I dont critique if one outfit missing accessories
  • Options
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    @HEW310 it would be no use, accessories include hats, glasses, stockings, socks and jewellery. I dont critique if one outfit missing accessories

Okay, thank you for your response! :)
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • Options
    SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll participate in this one because of the blatant sexism in the description. If there was a specified person this house was for, I'd at least try to enter it. The description are just putting the stereotype pf 'women are housewives, and men are workers'. i would suggest changing this.
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • Options
    Thats ok @SyddyB206 you dont have to enter. I am far from sexist or racist in any way. In no way does this challenge say all mothers are stay at home housewives and the challenge doesnt state that the mother doesnt work.
    This is a game and a fun competition in no way does it represent sexism or racism so please dont take it so seriously. If you dont like the challenge then you are not required to enter
  • Options
    jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    I have to say, I love this challenge. :) It is a trip down memory lane, because I was one child of a stay-at-home mom who loved to cook and to bake (this resulted in a slightly overweight but very happy family...)

Nevertheless I am thankful that we live today and I as a woman can choose whatever lifestyle fits me best. My brother-in-law is married to a wonderful husband. They have two adopted kids and he chose to be a stay-at-home-father and they are a great family! So many paths of life, so many varieties!

In no way I thought this challenge to be racist or sexism, but just a fun challenge for upcoming mothers day to honor whoever raised and fed and loved you whatever model this person chose or choooses.

You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    QC challenge no: Quality Control No 63
    Origin ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    Are you a novice builder: no
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Cacti Casa, Oasis Spings
    Gallery Name: kjhgkjgkjhgk - The Jones Residence
    Gallery Link: The Jones Residence
    Notes about entry: The Jones, just a normal family. They started small, when Clay was just a toddler and they created happy memories in their home, as you can tell by the pictures on their wall. Tim is working for a small retail company and Brenda is a stay-at-home mom who loves to cook and bake. I tried to recreate the feeling of a 50s ranch home with the biggest advantage this kind of house has to offer: everything is on one floor, no climbing stairs up and down. With a huge lot like this, the bakcyard is still decently sized and there is enough space for hobbies and activities.
    Images (3-6 max): More Pictures on Imgur
    Street view
    GJt6ynk.png
    Layout:
    NkoVGBZ.png
    Tim in his garage:
    QmplHCA.png
    Barbecue Time!
    sfKc8WU.png
    Happy memories:
    Sr6SV2Z.png
    Brenda in her kitchen:
    cJFqr9z.png
    Post edited by jhgkjhgkjh on
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
  • Options
    QC challenge no: 63
    Origin ID:kjhgkjgkjhgk
    Sims Gallery Name: The Jones Family
    Gallery Link: Download Jones Family
    Introduce your sim: Tim is working for a small retail company and Brenda is a stay-at-home mom who loves to cook and bake. Clay is an athletic teenager who could definitely improve his grades while Bolton is the smart kid. Brenda just found out, that she is pregnant again ( she first thought she just gained some weight due to all the holiday cooking, but no... there is a little surprise she has to reveal. Will it be a boy again? Or this time the baby girl Brenda secretly hopes for?
    Images (1-2 images):
    iKBffOr.png
    5yHyhXO.png
    Maya Angelou

• Options
    @jhgkjhgkjh I love both the house and the family! Lovely creations :)
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • Options
    @HEW310 thank you! I had so much fun creating the house and the family!
    Maya Angelou

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The Jones Residence is a very nice home! @jhgkjhgkjh :) The exterior design of the home looks very nice. The planter boxes and awnings look very nice on the front window. Very nice outdoors areas. Kids would enjoy playing on the monkey bars or on the slide in the sandpit. Very nice ourdoors dining and pool patio! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool, or enjoy cooking meals in the outdoors air on the bbq and eating the food at the colourful patterned umbrella covered table . The layout and furnishing of the interior of the home looks very nice! Tim would enjoy spending time there doing crafting on the woodwork bench, using the pumpkin crafter and having fun playing foosball. The tools cabinet on the wall, and the items on the floor give a great real life home garage look to the room. It was a good idea that they have kept the baby items in the garage! The family photos on the wall in the bar area are very special <3 The open plan layout of the living and dining area looks very nice. Very nice windows fireplace sitting nook for the family to enjoy relaxing on the sofa watching tv together with sunshine coming in.The kitchen is a very nice place for Brenda to do her cooking. The green colour of the cabinets and counters looks very nice, and the fruit wall pictures, dish rack, wall utensils and knives are homely touches. There are many more special features in the home, but I won’t write about them all.
    The Jones family are a very nice sims household! :) It was great reading the details about them. It is exciting that they are expecting a new little baby! It is a very nice picture of them having fun playing the llama tabletop game together.
    The photos of the household in 1955,then in 1964 and now in 1968 are very special <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top