Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Social Media Career

My sim reached (I link it's level 6) of the Social Media career and he received "Advertise major product", The Home Studio, and "Announce Venue Appearance". I DO see the Advertise the Major product action but I do not see Announce Venue Appearance. And what is "The Home Studio"? If it's something that is suppose to show up in either home or personal inventory, I don't see it.

Where do I find these things? Please tell me it's not a glitch

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I haven't reached that level yet but could see if your sim goes to a venue, check to see if has any new options on his phone?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    The interaction that you are now able to use is announce appearance at venue. I am not sure where it is located though.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I just started that career and the first take photo at a karaoke bar and my game freezes. runs out the room screaming. :s
    edited November 2016
    I just started that career and the first take photo at a karaoke bar and my game freezes. runs out the room screaming. :s

Hello
    I am sorry that you had this issue :( I hope that the issue doesn't occur again. Try testing to see if the same thing occurs doing the same interaction again , but save your game before doing it,
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I haven't reached that level yet but could see if your sim goes to a venue, check to see if has any new options on his phone?

I didn't check his phone, just the social media option on the computer. I'll do that! thanks!
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    The Home Studio is a room.
    This is a picture of it

DyIvou0.jpg

so the bonus for his promotion is that he has to pay for a room? :/
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Aren't all promotion rewards placed in the family inventory? Have you looked there yet?
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Aren't all promotion rewards placed in the family inventory? Have you looked there yet?

Yes, I stated that in the first post that it was not in either personal or home inventory. But apparently it's not even something to appear in inventory. It's just an unlocked room or something.

What i'm still not seeing is "announce venue appearance". This does not exist through computer or the phone. I'm annoyed I can't find it when it says I'm suppose to have it
    aaronrulz wrote: »

Yes, I stated that in the first post that it was not in either personal or home inventory. But apparently it's not even something to appear in inventory. It's just an unlocked room or something.

What i'm still not seeing is "announce venue appearance". This does not exist through computer or the phone. I'm annoyed I can't find it when it says I'm suppose to have it

Have you tried the bulletin board? It's a long shot, but you can leave other notes there.

Have you tried the bulletin board? It's a long shot, but you can leave other notes there.

I did! nothing. I don't know where this action is. :(
    Hello
    I am not sure if it will perhaps help you to find the interaction, but the interaction is listed on the career guides at Simsvip and Carl's Sims 4 sites as "announce appearance at venue" not "announce venue appearance" . Perhaps this may help you?
    Hello
    I am not sure if it will perhaps help you to find the interaction, but the interaction is listed on the career guides at Simsvip and Carl's Sims 4 sites as "announce appearance at venue" not "announce venue appearance" . Perhaps this may help you?

no...that doesn't help at all. It's the same thing worded in a different way. I can not find the interaction/option.
  • ccinereousccinereous Posts: 1 New Member
    When you go to a venue, go on your phone and it should have changed the previous "check in" to "announce appearance".
    Hello

no...that doesn't help at all. It's the same thing worded in a different way. I can not find the interaction/option.

Maybe click on your sim and see of you have some special interaction?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Hello

"Announce appearance at venue" could mean go to a venue and announce that you have arrived, whereas "announce venue appearance" sounds like you go online and tell people where you will be ahead of time. They are different.
    Hello

"Announce appearance at venue" could mean go to a venue and announce that you have arrived, whereas "announce venue appearance" sounds like you go online and tell people where you will be ahead of time. They are different.

Either way it's not clear on how to do this. I was thinking that he would go on his social media and announce that he was going to BE at a particular venue and announcing that he will BE THERE. I don't know why the game just assumes we know what to do. Ok thanks, I'll try that.
    Hello

Either way it's not clear on how to do this. I was thinking that he would go on his social media and announce that he was going to BE at a particular venue and announcing that he will BE THERE. I don't know why the game just assumes we know what to do. Ok thanks, I'll try that.

If you haven't deleted your notifications in your notifications tab, maybe you can try to find it and see if it tells you who to use it? The notification can be found in the top right corner of your screen (it looks like a list page icon).
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    Hello

If you haven't deleted your notifications in your notifications tab, maybe you can try to find it and see if it tells you who to use it? The notification can be found in the top right corner of your screen (it looks like a list page icon).

He was promoted a LONG time ago in Sim days. I'll just go to a venue and see if it works there. It actually would make sense now that it was explained to me. Thanks!
  • B3bbie__B3bbie__ Posts: 1 New Member
    > @aaronrulz said:
    > Dannydanbo wrote: »
    >
    > aaronrulz wrote: »
    >
    > rosemow wrote: »
    >
    > Hello
    > I am not sure if it will perhaps help you to find the interaction, but the interaction is listed on the career guides at Simsvip and Carl's Sims 4 sites as "announce appearance at venue" not "announce venue appearance" . Perhaps this may help you?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > no...that doesn't help at all. It's the same thing worded in a different way. I can not find the interaction/option.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "Announce appearance at venue" could mean go to a venue and announce that you have arrived, whereas "announce venue appearance" sounds like you go online and tell people where you will be ahead of time. They are different.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Either way it's not clear on how to do this. I was thinking that he would go on his social media and announce that he was going to BE at a particular venue and announcing that he will BE THERE. I don't know why the game just assumes we know what to do. Ok thanks, I'll try that.

It's on your sim's phone. Under the tab that looks like 2 speech bubbles. They are definitely the same thing just worded differently. The only difference between "Announce appearance at _____" and "shoutout from _____" are you get more followers.