Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Bouncy Castle: Bounce off Some of Your Ideas Here! ALL GAMES WELCOME

Comments

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    LillyDoves wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    So Does anyone know the steps or what getting custody of a kid entails?

I have an idea. :)

Who's wanting to get the custody of the kid? @LillyDoves It can depend on whether it's one parent who's trying for custody or another person.

The male parent, he’s going to try to get custody of his daughter after five years of being in prison.

Who's his daughter currently with? Are they with their other parent or someone else? @LillyDoves That can also affect it because it would be harder if his daughter was with her mother...
  • LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member

Who's wanting to get the custody of the kid? @LillyDoves It can depend on whether it's one parent who's trying for custody or another person.

The male parent, he’s going to try to get custody of his daughter after five years of being in prison.

Who's his daughter currently with? Are they with their other parent or someone else? @LillyDoves That can also affect it because it would be harder if his daughter was with her mother...

Unfortunately for him his daughter is with her mother. I could message you what I have as for as the plot if that will help?
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

Unfortunately for him his daughter is with her mother. I could message you what I have as for as the plot if that will help?

That would probably help. Thanks. :)
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Hey everyone :)

This my first time posting in this thread, as I mainly post in the Kindness Bench thread. I'm really stuck on a page in the current chapter of my story and not sure where to take it. Here's the part where I left off at:

Caleb shifted himself into a sitting position and took her in his arms, holding her tight.
    Jasmina's inner joy began to darken as antsy thoughts whirled in her mind. Thoughts that were edged in doubt and an inkling of fear. Should I ask or even bring it up? How will he react? Happy? Mad? Has he considered it himself?
    He felt her sudden shift in mood. “Something's bothering you. What's wrong?”
    She shook her head. “You'll just get upset.”
    “You know you can tell me anything. So just tell me.”
    Her hands spread in a helpless gesture, the expression on her face lost and scared. “How to ask?” She struggled to find the words for her request but the question was plain in her eyes.
    His guts were ice as he realized what she was going to ask. He stiffened angrily. “No! Just no!”
    “But why not? I just want to be with the man I love forever...is that such a bad thing? Please,” she pleaded. “Please.”

I appreciate any feedback/ideas. Thanks again :)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @NyteRose Do you have planned what she's going to say? If not, it's kind of confusing.
    @Simtown15 I got stuck at that point but I was thinking along the lines of "You were going to turn Alessandra but you won't turn me. Obviously I'm not good enough for you!" and have run run away crying. Alessandra was another vampire's human servant Caleb fell in love with centuries ago but she (Alessandra) died protecting him. Caleb is dead against turning Jasmina.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @NyteRose I honestly feel like Caleb still loves Alessandra and maybe he doesn't want to love again in fear of his heart breaking again. Idk; I usually base my stories off the gameplay itself, and Vampires is my least favorite pack.
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for trying to help :) Vampires is my favorite pack to play; it brought me back to the game after I quit when toddlers were introduced.
    Post edited by NyteRose on
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Hello! I don't know where would exactly be the place to post this, but still, I need ideas for the following. Even though BuildNewcrest Legacy challenge is awesome, I still like to play vanilla legacy challenge, and my wish is to get to the end of one someday. The problem is that I don't feel like writing while I play, nor taking too many screenshots. I like to keep score, and I would like to play it just for the sake of playing. Still, I would like to make justice to families and the whole legacy by documenting it. For example, documenting family members, and perhaps some interesting facts about them would be cool thing to do. Maybe I can post each generation when it ends, because it might be too much to wait until I finish all? What do you think?
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Well CathyTea in her Bough legacy did some awesome recap things for each generation "meet this gens characters" type thing. It was super awesome and fun. And if you came up with something like that I bet it would be perfect for what you're going for.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    ninaumi wrote: »
    Hello! I don't know where would exactly be the place to post this, but still, I need ideas for the following. Even though BuildNewcrest Legacy challenge is awesome, I still like to play vanilla legacy challenge, and my wish is to get to the end of one someday. The problem is that I don't feel like writing while I play, nor taking too many screenshots. I like to keep score, and I would like to play it just for the sake of playing. Still, I would like to make justice to families and the whole legacy by documenting it. For example, documenting family members, and perhaps some interesting facts about them would be cool thing to do. Maybe I can post each generation when it ends, because it might be too much to wait until I finish all? What do you think?

@ninaumi

A while ago in the Writers' lounge thread, I had a sim called Suzume Nakamura, who was a Hot-headed, Childish sim in the Chef industry. Instead of doing a story as such, I just shared little-captioned screenshots of interesting things that happened to her and her family... Despite almost never really building any fitness skill, she always seemed to win fights, and surprisingly she got in a lot of fights - usually from random old men that would jump her when she got home from work! :D She was also the only sim I had that gave birth to triplets without using cheats!

I guess what I trying to say is, I didn't want to document her story in an actual story, but she still wanted her story told! :D I think you may find the same will happen to you, especially if you fall in love with the sim like I did, so going into the legacy with an idea of how you want to document it could be a plus.

Perhaps sharing each generation with the heir of the next in the form of a photo album? Or if you want to go down the "little to no screenshot" route, the previous gen could be told through rumour, speculation, or stories from family members and parents friends?
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Thanks for the tips! I'm thinking about sharing it in the form of a photo album, sort of. :)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    For a future Gen where the heiress is going to turn into a "beast" (a vampire/Phantom of the Opera/Frankenstein creation) . How do I deal with her parents because I don't want to kill them early and I don't exactly want to make them servants. Maybe as part of the curse the parents get sent to "another land" (aka save) and forget they have a daughter? That would be an interesting other legacy to explore..especially if I have ONCE characters in there..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    So I am thinking about starting a story where the MC is kicked out of her parents house after she tells them that she likes girls. Her grandmother is the only one helping her because she is bisexual but kept it a secret and feels bad for her getting kicked out.

I think with the upcoming expansion pack her story will be finding her own way in a new town with the help of her grandmother and her support. She’ll have a few relationships as she finds a way to be herself despite still not having her parents acceptance. At some point the grandmother passed away and she really struggles but hopefully she finds someone that can help her through it.

Thoughts?
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    So I am thinking about starting a story where the MC is kicked out of her parents house after she tells them that she likes girls. Her grandmother is the only one helping her because she is bisexual but kept it a secret and feels bad for her getting kicked out.

I think with the upcoming expansion pack her story will be finding her own way in a new town with the help of her grandmother and her support. She’ll have a few relationships as she finds a way to be herself despite still not having her parents acceptance. At some point the grandmother passed away and she really struggles but hopefully she finds someone that can help her through it.

Thoughts?

@LillyDoves
    Sounds like a very relatable story as it’s still a depressingly common occurrence.

I don’t know how far you want to dive into touchy social themes surrounding this but here are a few things to think about!

1. Does race or cultural upbringing play a factor in her parents aggression?
    2. Does the MC have any siblings and how would they feel about it? If yes, how does she “compare” to them in the parents eyes prior to coming out?
    3. Have you thought about future resolution? Will she stay estranged or seek to mend the relationship one day. Will they seek to mend it?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    @Karilan since you're here what are you're thoughts about how an intoxicated/drugged character could "loose" a necklace that's going to be an heirloom of the main family? Also how could a different character (Gen 3) who's going to be kicked out of the house get that necklace? Should for Gen 6 who for plot reasons isn't going to be living in the family home get the necklace from the mysterious "Godmother" her aunt *after* the said ball?

I know it will go from C to C but C "looses" it and it goes to M until X and then H will have it for the rest of the arc and then H will give it to L who might give it to A? Then A will keep/wear it until it goes to E and then E will pass it on to her daughter J. J and her H (the "godmother") will leave it for S *after* the ball and S will give it to JGO?
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Karilan since you're here what are you're thoughts about how an intoxicated/drugged character could "loose" a necklace that's going to be an heirloom of the main family? Also how could a different character (Gen 3) who's going to be kicked out of the house get that necklace? Should for Gen 6 who for plot reasons isn't going to be living in the family home get the necklace from the mysterious "Godmother" her aunt *after* the said ball?

I know it will go from C to C but C "looses" it and it goes to M until X and then H will have it for the rest of the arc and then H will give it to L who might give it to A? Then A will keep/wear it until it goes to E and then E will pass it on to her daughter J. J and her H (the "godmother") will leave it for S *after* the ball and S will give it to JGO?

It would be really easy for an intoxicated/drugged person to lose something! Perhaps the second person finds it? Would they recognize it?

If they do, it can easily become a family heirloom. If not, it could be found by a stranger who pawns it, and the second character could find it there?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    Karilan wrote: »

It would be really easy for an intoxicated/drugged person to lose something! Perhaps the second person finds it? Would they recognize it?

If they do, it can easily become a family heirloom. If not, it could be found by a stranger who pawns it, and the second character could find it there?

@Karilan I should have mention that C is being "teennapped" in the scenario- maybe M is told by C that she's going to X place to see Person Y so when she doesn't return Molly goes to X and "finds" it or maybe Herbert (the kidnapper) attempts to pawn/sell it pretending he *found* it?
    6adMCGP.gif

@Karilan I should have mention that C is being "teennapped" in the scenario- maybe M is told by C that she's going to X place to see Person Y so when she doesn't return Molly goes to X and "finds" it or maybe Herbert (the kidnapper) attempts to pawn/sell it pretending he *found* it?

Certainly could! He'd probably want to try to get rid of it.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    edited October 2018

Certainly could! He'd probably want to try to get rid of it.

and he could have a different disguise as well (HE will have one in his first appearance but later he will look different). maybe after (whatever names I chose for that translation) leaves the shop owner calls and inform the cops (or maybe he/she has a teen daughter who is friends will Teen!Molly? and can tell Molly about the necklace not knowing it belonged to Molly's sister)?

I can deal with Gen 3 (thinking of using Tony for that from Lucy) and Gen 6 when I get closer to then getting the necklace
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited October 2018
    Would Frollo/Mother Gothel scaring work for Selene despite the fact there will be human confidante (distant cousin Sara Wendy) ? (even though one of Frollo's song lines is a joke for "Ma'm" Foster Step-mother)
    6adMCGP.gif
    Hey I need a cover story for how "Nanny Agnes" knows "Miss Swanson"?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I'm making a new story where a vampire is asked to create a new generation of vampires, and takes in six Sims to train up into amazing vampires. I'm unsure whether to have any romance between the six - there's an equal amount of male and female Sims, by the by - and I'm also having it so that one wakes up as the second to last 'recruit'.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Sul Sul, writing friends! Happy Time Zones! I find it funny I'm writing "Sul Sul" because in my Simworld, that's the Sims name for the sun. So I'm greeting you with the warmth of the sun. :D I'm also posting this text in the Writer's Lounge.

I was struck with inspiration last night of the design variety. I wanted to participate in the Positivity Challenge but I was too late. Nonetheless, I created two characters, Merry and Holly Bright, and then decided to create a Christmas themed town. I chose to makeover Windenburg (a.k.a. Hollidaysburg), so I spent a few hours yesterday finding and modifying Christmas themed lots. It looks gorgeous and the sisters are beautiful. I'll share images later (...and possibly will create my own thread).

My idea is to write a winter/ Christmas themed story about two sisters who own and operate a bakery and spread comfort and joy around the holidays. I'm debating about story elements, and whether I want to do a casting call. It's not like I don't already have plenty of stories. :p This will likely extend beyond Christmas ...and the New Year for the writing and release of chapters.

This is a two parter question:
    1) Any ideas for story plot points, themes, encounters, and situations?
    2) Any interest in submitting Sims for my holiday themed town?
    (i.e. Christmas or winter themed characters like Santa, elves, characters from The Christmas Carol like Scrooge and Tiny Tim or other Christmas classics, Elsa and Anna from Frozen, Jack Frost, Nutcracker characters, etc. Or just general submitted Sims). I'd create them myself but I thought it might be fun to open it up and see if there was interest.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited May 2019
    hey hey I need ideas of how to show Vivenne 'teaching" her daughters how to be a "lady" I know music would be one? what else?

remember she's STRIVING for perfection for her daughters. I'm not exactly how much of this should Sara Wendy get (remember that when its only family Sara Wendy and Selene are neglected to the scraps from V's and Leah's and Densie's plates. While if its a dinner party Sara Wendy has to partipate in the event) and I know in the teen years on the night of the ball Vivienne says " I daresay no one in the kingdom will outshine my by blood or by marriage daughters." hey ideas?

At "Christmas" Leah and Denise geta a LOT of presents well Sara Wendy only gets one present and Selene gets 0 presents
    6adMCGP.gif