Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Taking forever to login in game for online features

So I have a new computer with Windows 10 and had to reinstall Origin. Everything works fine albeit a bit slow on the downloading side. But when the game finally downloaded I pressed launch, it took a while for it to launch but it did, the first thing it said was it didn't recognize my graphics card. Then when the game asks you to log in to your account in game so you can access online features I tried but all I get is its ongoing connecting, connecting. I am able to play the game but I can't seem to log into my account in game. Is this a problem on EA's side?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    It could be on EA's side yes, the servers that process Launcher and in-game logins are flaky on and off.

But a common and fixable problem is that your Internet Explorer cache and cookies need to be cleared, with the option to preserve data for Favorites unchecked. It must be IE, not Edge or the other browsers, as that is still what TS3 uses the resources of even on Win 10. It can be a bit difficult to find IE as Microsoft tries to hide it, but it must be in there someplace as IE 11 is still a part of Windows.

For a visual: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

The other thing that sometimes helps players is to change their account password.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    if you're using Edge and you want to find and open Internet Explorer click the "settings and more" at the top right - looks like three little dots. Halfway down the options that open up is "open with internet explorer". I use CCleaner to clear my cache every night. It will clear Edge, IE and other browsers too. Still can't log into Sims 3 game today. It often takes several days before it works again, despite restarts, cookie clearing etc. I think the fault lies with EA, not with my computer, and it happens regularly. It rejects my attempts as an "incorrect password" and nothing, including total restart of the pc, will fix the problem.
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    This thread inspired me to try harder to fix the log in issue as I have a couple of houses I wanted to upload. So -rebooted notebook, went into Internet Explorer via Edge and used "tools" to clear everything out. Ran CCleaner. Logged right out of Origin. Went into "properties" on my C Drive, ran Microsoft's own disk clean up tool. Logged back into Origin, started up the game, and was finally able to log in. So far so good.
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    I have done a lot of the usual recommendations and it does work and I've also recommended to do all the cache tricks, recommended bookmarks, but changing the password is the absolute fastest route I know to cut to the chase.

Password change ***KABOOM*** Fixes it every time.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣