Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims keep getting stuck trying to get in my Sim's gate

ElijahKTElijahKT Posts: 45 Member
edited April 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
I have a gated off house with a buzzer to prevent paps and zombies from annoying me, but every so often I get a sim, usually a pap, stuck on my gate screaming that they can't get in.. I have to resetSim them to get them to go away. Is there a way to stop this from happening, or will I forever have to deal with it?

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    You probably have your fence to close to the edge which maybe causing a routing issue in the game.

There are other ways to get rid of Zombies and paps. If you own Grim's Gastly Manor from the sims 3 store, you can put the door of life and death on your property. Grim's pet lives under the door mat and will eat paps and remove the zombie curse off sims. The sims are drawn to the door and won't bother you. You can eliminate the fence if you have the door.

You can also use mods if your interested. @igazor can help you with mod info
  • ElijahKTElijahKT Posts: 45 Member
    You probably have your fence to close to the edge which maybe causing a routing issue in the game.

There are other ways to get rid of Zombies and paps. If you own Grim's Gastly Manor from the sims 3 store, you can put the door of life and death on your property. Grim's pet lives under the door mat and will eat paps and remove the zombie curse off sims. The sims are drawn to the door and won't bother you. You can eliminate the fence if you have the door.

You can also use mods if your interested. @igazor can help you with mod info

I do have the gate as close to the edge of the lot as I could.. I guess that's the problem? I like having a gate on my house, so is there a mod that can assist me with the issus? @igazor
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    I have to vote for the gate being too close to the edge of the lot being the issue also. Mods can't fix that, it would be best to redesign the fence/gate so that the gate is a few more squares in, if possible. The paparazzi will tend to pace back and forth near an entrance they are not allowed in, they have to be granted enough room to do that, but other more wanted guests and Service Sims will also be prone to not being able to get in that way.

If the desire is to get rid of paparazzi and not have them in the game at all, NRaas Register can arrange that. Not having zombies would require use of NRaas Retuner or a tuning mod such as the one by bluegenjutsu from the Sims Asylum (free registration required to see anything there).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    A related problem will occur if you try to keep a horse. The gate needs to be at least two squares into the grid or the horse can't use it.

I constantly have paps stuck at the gate. Two of them have been casting spells on each other pretty much endlessly for days now. This particular gate is nowhere near the perimeter. Paps have a built in command to go get their sim, and a locked gate puts them into a "does not compute" situation. If it's not paps, it's furious zombies groaning and lurching because they can't get at the vegetable garden.
    On a fun note if you want to be very, very bad, when you have a toddler who is due to age up, put them into their crib and fence it off. None of the adults will be able to sleep until you remove that fence. The programmed action to put the toddler on the ground to age up will keep them up all night. I once left a toddler indefinitely in the playpen using the learning tools and didn't let the adults take him out to age up. Commands built into sims will force them to keep trying to complete their mission come what may.