Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help, invisible buildings in CAW

I know I've already made this thread but it was in the wrong place so I have closed the other thread and made a new one here :)

I'm building a world called Burton and I wanted to add some metropolitan buildings for decoration. I added many of them in the city center but when I scroll in, the buildings go invisible and I can only see their foundations. I play tested my world and the buildings still go invisible.

Is there any way to stop this happening? I don't want to turn the buildings into lots; I just wanted them for decoration. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I just placed buildings in the game from edit town and gave up on trying to have them placed in CAW because I didn't want to have that in my worlds at the start of a new game.I just place a few things I needed and the spawners after the roads are placed.I export the worlds blank and without lots.Some of the shells are rabbit holes and should never be placed in worlds without lots under them or it could cause problems with the worlds later on with players not being able to remove that rabbit hole.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Place the lots... then add those buildings in EIG mode with buydebug on. Can't use build mode on the world map so I don't know why those are there; maybe fore placing in the distance for a city view (which they can't reach).
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    @TadOlson and @Rflong7, thanks lots for helping :) I put the rabbithole buildings (the police station, hospital etc) on lots so my Sims could work there if they wanted to. I put one metropolitan building onto a lot to test it out and it didn't go invisible :) I set the lot to "no visitors allowed" because I didn't want my Sims to visit a lot that was just for decoration purposes.