Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I haven't either rockannie. ^-^ Happy timezone!
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited May 2018
    chalicen wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I've been meaning to draw fanart of quite a few works on here, but I got busy and sidetracked. I'm trying to get into the habit of drawing again and had the idea of drawing people's display pics on here! I need your permission for this, of course, so if you're ok with me drawing your dp please tell me! I'll post my pics on here. If no one replies I might start jumping on people and begging them xD

@chalicen Ooo... I'd love fan art of Kassiopeia/Kass from KCLKF. I can pick a picture for you if you need it. :) I'd feature it over on my blog too if you'd like.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Just finished seeing Avengers: Infinity War.

Shame on you for opening this thinking I would write a spoiler!

I was disappointed... and that's not a spoiler. I'll clarify. I was disappointed from a writing perspective actually.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited May 2018
    Karilan wrote: »

It really is. Someone sent me an email today with this emoji: :# and I instantly thought "why are you using the Joseph face?"

:D

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    I learned how to scream in metal. Not gonna lie, I 'm embarrassed while alone :lol:
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    That is kind of fantastic. xD
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    edited May 2018
    Shadami wrote: »
    That is kind of fantastic. xD

I'm still practicing it though... It's still embarrassing...
    I prefer Shade than Shady
    Have any of you ever found a name so beautiful you wanted to create a story just to use it?

If not, what's the favorite name you've used in one of your stories - and why!

@Karilan Ooo... I can't remember where I was but I came across the name Violet Hollow. It's so pretty, isn't it? I totally want to create a character/story with this name.

I think my favorite existing name is Kassiopeia, a variation of Cassiopeia. Then again, I love all things Kass. That should be a hashtag... lol... #allthingskass... :D #thethingsmybraincomesupwithafterareallylongworkday

@friendsfan367 Rylan is a sweet name too. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hi, @GratiaMundi ! Welcome to the Lounge!

Hi, everyone! How are you?

I just finished GloPoWriMo! It was really fun, sometimes challenging, and very rewarding! I'm so glad I did it! A poem a day is a lot--but it fit in really well to my very busy and slightly chaotic April!

You can find my poems here.

One thing I discovered is that I really like prose poems, and I think they might fit some of my SimLit ideas well... I'm tentatively toying with the idea of doing a neighborhood rotation composed of a series of prose poem vignettes... maybe a good summer project!

What challenges have you met recently in your writing, and what seed ideas have those challenges sprouted for you?

@CathyTea Great question! It's hard to talk about certain things because of spoilers, but I'll try my best. Recently in one of my stories, I was faced with a challenging arc, mostly because it involved game loss and everything that subsequently followed. I think @Karilan knows what I'm referencing because she has experienced something similar.

Since this is my ISBI story, I want to stay true to what happens in game, which forces me to go back to an earlier save, unfortunately. My story, which has been mostly lighthearted up to this point, is facing a sad, dark arc, and it's depressing. Ironically, I have managed to write a good chunk of chapters and feel pretty good about the content and quality at this point.

I do feel like this has challenged me to expand my perspective and I think my readers/followers will understand. I feel like this will allow my characters to grow personally as well and that should be interesting. I'm not sure if it's sprouted new seed ideas. Writing dark, sad stuff isn't new for me because I do this regularly but I was hoping my LASL story would remain unscathed. At least this time, it's due to the game choices, not my personal direction of the Sims.

...and I will join CT in welcoming @GratiaMundi to the Lounge.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Okay...how do you game-driven writers deal with sims changing the plan. Asking @friendsfan367 in particular...

Ron (from LL) decided he wanted to change the story...I'll let him be bisexual because it's not going to affect the story. But, I am not allowing him to change the story and break off his engagement to marry his best friend who he is now flirting with... This is why plot-driven is my thing....

@AdamsEve1231 would be good to ask too. Her LASL is ISBI and they seem to constantly change her plans. :grimace:

@Bugsie2016 I roll with it. It forces me to come up with all sorts of crazy plots to match the gameplay, but I like the challenge. Personally, this is the first time I've really let go of the reins and just let things happen. Usually, I'm heavily plot-driven which often requires almost exclusive direction of my own for the Sim characters.

I do think it would be interesting for you as the writer to make your determination of what your Sim can or can't do (i.e. break off the engagement), but then roll with other things in game and write about this character's unhappiness with "feeling forced" or "pressured" to conform to societal norms or standards or even if he seems to place this unrealistic expectation on himself. I think it's fairly common as humans to hold ourselves to impossible standards at times because it's convenient or expected or normal or we don't want to cause anyone hurt or harm or we want to please someone else. Maybe explore the dichotomy of duty and loyalty versus happiness. I actually delved into that exact theme in a way in my Colt Family Traitacy.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Hi everyone! I've been meaning to draw fanart of quite a few works on here, but I got busy and sidetracked. I'm trying to get into the habit of drawing again and had the idea of drawing people's display pics on here! I need your permission for this, of course, so if you're ok with me drawing your dp please tell me! I'll post my pics on here. If no one replies I might start jumping on people and begging them xD

@chalicen Ooo... I'd love fan art of Kassiopeia/Kass from KCLKF. I can pick a picture for you if you need it. :) I'd feature it over on my blog too if you'd like.

Hiya! I draw display pictures by default but if there's another picture you'd rather have me draw, then by all means send it to me! It might take me a while but I'll definitely get to drawing it. I'm really enjoying drawing other people's characters. It's so refreshing!
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I had the idea earlier to turn all my TDC sims into children, give them families, and make a machinima out of it (Like a backstory machinima).
    I'm gonna do it XD just need to pick a song.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Just finished seeing Avengers: Infinity War.

Shame on you for opening this thinking I would write a spoiler!

I was disappointed... and that's not a spoiler. I'll clarify. I was disappointed from a writing perspective actually.

Have you read or know about the comic version of it? I feel some are in the same boat as you, though.

For @AdamsEve1231 and DOES contain a spoiler, so DO NOT open if you have not seen Avengers: Infinity War!
    It doesn't follow exactly the comic book, but very close to it. If they go by how the comic book does, I know who fixes all the vanishings and I know how they will tie it in that is a little different than the comic book. Also I had to laugh at some of the easter eggs I saw in the movie. :grimace: I heard there are quite a bunch, but I only saw a couple. Best one I found was blue guy from Arrested Development (i think it was that show).
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

I just finished GloPoWriMo! It was really fun, sometimes challenging, and very rewarding! I'm so glad I did it! A poem a day is a lot--but it fit in really well to my very busy and slightly chaotic April!

One thing I discovered is that I really like prose poems, and I think they might fit some of my SimLit ideas well... I'm tentatively toying with the idea of doing a neighborhood rotation composed of a series of prose poem vignettes... maybe a good summer project!

What challenges have you met recently in your writing, and what seed ideas have those challenges sprouted for you?

@CathyTea Great question! It's hard to talk about certain things because of spoilers, but I'll try my best. Recently in one of my stories, I was faced with a challenging arc, mostly because it involved game loss and everything that subsequently followed. I think @Karilan knows what I'm referencing because she has experienced something similar.

Since this is my ISBI story, I want to stay true to what happens in game, which forces me to go back to an earlier save, unfortunately. My story, which has been mostly lighthearted up to this point, is facing a sad, dark arc, and it's depressing. Ironically, I have managed to write a good chunk of chapters and feel pretty good about the content and quality at this point.

I do feel like this has challenged me to expand my perspective and I think my readers/followers will understand. I feel like this will allow my characters to grow personally as well and that should be interesting. I'm not sure if it's sprouted new seed ideas. Writing dark, sad stuff isn't new for me because I do this regularly but I was hoping my LASL story would remain unscathed. At least this time, it's due to the game choices, not my personal direction of the Sims.

Oh, gosh, Lizzie! @AdamsEve1231 That's so sad about the game loss. My condolences. :/<3

And now I'm worried for Sugar, CT, Riley, Joseph, Ali, and all the others! And of course, Lizzie and her family.

(But I'm not worried for the Count. Not one bit!)

I'm sure the writing will turn out great--look what @Karilan did with her story after the game loss. Really deep, moving, and touching. We do learn a lot from loss.

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member
    Anyone besides @Socallucyfan still play The Sims 3? I haven't played it since early 2015 and reading One Moore ISBI Challenge , I have been going through some withdrawal last couple days.

I'm itching to install all my physical packs (I have a lot) on my external hard drive. Only sad and disappointing thing is I forgot my sims 3 username and email i used back then and had digitally installed some worlds and venues. So those are basically lost.

I am happy that my ISBI Legacy has inspired you to want to play TS3. I am happy to see that there are still a lot of people who play the Sims 3.
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I'm back with another chapter of The Diversity Club.
    The Diversity Club chapter 6
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    I'm suffering from a bad case of spring allergies. Which means I'm feeling like crap. Which means I had to cut away half of my plans so I won't feel so bad about not doing things, but I also decided it is okay to stay at home and play games because I don't really get the chance to do so this year.
  • For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    I would like to publish a thing I wrote but these people making irritating sounds in the next desk row make it impossible to concentrate on copying a link or writing a proper description and my laptop is dying so I'll have to postpone this.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

Oh, gosh, Lizzie! @AdamsEve1231 That's so sad about the game loss. My condolences. :/<3

And now I'm worried for Sugar, CT, Riley, Joseph, Ali, and all the others! And of course, Lizzie and her family.

(But I'm not worried for the Count. Not one bit!)

I'm sure the writing will turn out great--look what @Karilan did with her story after the game loss. Really deep, moving, and touching. We do learn a lot from loss.

@AdamsEve1231 Oh dear. I'm sorry about the game loss. I'm worried too, but like @CathyTea said, I'm sure this will be a truly engaging read, even if I will need my box tissues along the way.
  • For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    edited May 2018
    [Sweet, sweet silence. My capability to perform simple tasks greatly suffers from an irritating environment - my apologies.]

A late summer occurs long before the Vatore siblings' arrival to Forgotten Hollow. I'm intending to write a second part in the near future. Here, a private detective attends a ball in the late 1800s San Myshuno.
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    @Munterbacon I has drawn your dp! I don't have your editing skills so it looks quite different ^^;;;; I also made some bits up as I went along. Hope that's ok.
    ec8388-ecba94ebb284ec8aa433.jpg
    Thanks for letting me draw Shaela! She's so awesome.
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Happy timezones all! Finally back from Japan. It was a well-deserved vacation, especially when I visited the village where they make matcha tea powder.

Chapter 19.3 - The Basement

J3JdR00.png

@chalicen That's an amazing drawing!
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Hello! In this chapter Harvey and his girlfriend have the best day ever.

I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Okay...how do you game-driven writers deal with sims changing the plan. Asking @friendsfan367 in particular...

Ron (from LL) decided he wanted to change the story...I'll let him be bisexual because it's not going to affect the story. But, I am not allowing him to change the story and break off his engagement to marry his best friend who he is now flirting with... This is why plot-driven is my thing....

I’ve learned to kind of run with it. In gen 2 I had my sights set on Frederick as a husband and that blew up in my face. The current gen went sideways in a huge way so I won’t spoil it for you!

I find the best thing to do is sit back and watch the autonomous actions. They can be so admirable, and present a story worth telling.

in the first version of ayden and elsa he was supposed to try and work it out with her i even sent him home to elsa. then he was sleeping next to elsa in bed and he woke up i thought nothing of it because unless their desprate and not thinking my sims do use the bathroom by themselves . so i watched . and ayden threw up. and right there the story had to change, ayden loves getting his way.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    @Munterbacon I has drawn your dp! I don't have your editing skills so it looks quite different ^^;;;; I also made some bits up as I went along. Hope that's ok.
    ec8388-ecba94ebb284ec8aa433.jpg
    Thanks for letting me draw Shaela! She's so awesome.

@chalicen WOW! That's simply amazing, I love it! Thank you so much for capturing her fierce spirit!
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top