Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight April 27th - A week on the Sims Forums

EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
Sul Sul Simmers :smile:

"You're not EA_Mage" I hear you say. Correct! @EA_Mage isn't in today (as she is getting ready and appropriately hyped for the Infinity Wars Movie Cinema showing tonight #doingthingsright :lol:) so I'm stepping in to bring you this week's highlights.

TS4_SP5_Screen1.jpg

Without further ado, here are some awesome threads that we have come across this week and think you'd enjoy too:
  • In the mood for a laugh? I cannot recommend the Funny Sims 3 screenshots and Funny Moments threads enough. Fellow simmers share images of how glitches have yielded some hilarious results. I've found myself returning to these daily and it never fails to give me a giggle. Thanks to @PalmArrow and @td998 for putting these together :D
  • This next thread was suggested by @EgonVM. Simmer @Bonasita had a great idea to create a thread on some Sims terminology called Help understanding terminology. If you'd like to learn the lingo yourself or have some wisdom to impart, pop on over to this thread.
  • Another fun thread to take part in is @Scorpina2009's What are your traits. Couch potato? Computer Whiz? What do you think your traits would be? ^^
  • Count Vladislaus Straud IV has some strong genes!! Needless to say I was surprised to see the various different apperances that @aujineh and other simmers found his offsring generated and they've shared these in her thread Straud's Offspring. A Fab thread with some great images ^^ If you have Straud children and want to share them or are just plain curious, then this is the thread for you.
  • Strapped for simoleons but want a starter home to die for? Look no further! @elanorbreton's Starter Homes Thread hosts some gorgeous, funny and festive creations, all made on a budget. Definitely pay this thread a visit as there's something for everyone to be found. For example, I'm in love with @RyeCris16's Baby Bunny Meadows <3 (I think it's the bunny ears that's gets me). :)
  • And finally, @simgirl1010 said it best in her recommendation of the Sims 2 Discoveries thread: "After 14 years there's still lots to discover.". I just learned that a child's teddy bear ages!! Who knew that ?? O.O That made my heart go "awwww" so thanks to @Bluefairy286 for sharing that little tidbit ^^

And this was just the tip of the iceberg. Honestly, there are so many stellar threads out there and thank you to all of the simmers who shared suggestions and helped highlight some great threads. Keep those suggestions coming by dropping a comment below :)

All the best and Happy Simming 0/

Lanna (How did I do? ^^)
  • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
  • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
  • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
  • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

Comments

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    You did great! You were just like Mage!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Stellar list! It's good to see Sims 2 and 3 getting great mentions.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member
    Alright! Sims 2 getting some love. <3

Thanks @EA_Lanna for a great list!
  • tenicetenice Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello all. I am new here and not sure how things work. I need help with my game. Laundry day does not work in my game unless I turn off my mods/cc. When it is on when they change clothes nothing happens, I want to know is there help for this so I am able to play with my mods on?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member
    tenice wrote: »
    Hello all. I am new here and not sure how things work. I need help with my game. Laundry day does not work in my game unless I turn off my mods/cc. When it is on when they change clothes nothing happens, I want to know is there help for this so I am able to play with my mods on?

Hi @tenice, welcome to the forum. You might want to post your problem in this thread for new members.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues/p1
  • Imaginativ3Imaginativ3 Posts: 51 Member
    [/list]
    tenice wrote: »

Firstly, welcome. As someone who's also fairly new, I also understand how confusing it can be to find your way around the forum at first. However, this wasn't the right place to post your question. If you take a moment to read the forum rules here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules
    You'll be a lot more familiar with how things work.

Anyway, to answer your question, it seems as if you might have mods or cc that are conflicting with Laundry Day. Usually mods will break with every game update or pack that comes out, so creators constantly have to keep updating their mods as well.
    • Try updating all your mods and see if that fixes your problem.
    • If not, remove all your mods & CC. Then, place only your mods back in your Mods folder one at a time. Restart the game everytime and test out the Laundry Day interactions you're having problems with.
    • If your mods are not the problem, place your CC back into your mods folder one at a time, like you did with the mods. If you have a lot of CC, it might be better to just get rid of them all and start fresh with CC you know are up to date.

But yeah, try posting in the thread @simgirl1010 suggested.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @EA_Lanna -Thanks for mentioning at least one TS3 thread as it's one I post in fairly often with things like my sims fishing at the pool or things like tiolets not against a wall.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    I don't normally pay attention to these, but you made me want to. Great job!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Thanks
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • horror_obsessedhorror_obsessed Posts: 21 Member
    Thank you for all the recommendations!
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Funny posts about funny things that sims do in the game is always a good place to go for good laughs on here.
    Side note, friendly comment: Your avi is really pretty EA_Lanna. :)
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    You did great! You were just like Mage!
    Alright! Sims 2 getting some love. <3 Thanks @EA_Lanna for a great list!
    I don't normally pay attention to these, but you made me want to. Great job!

Oh wow that's great feedback, thanks so much you guys <3 and thank you for the suggestion @simstown
    TadOlson wrote: »
    @EA_Lanna -Thanks for mentioning at least one TS3 thread as it's one I post in fairly often with things like my sims fishing at the pool or things like tiolets not against a wall.
    Thanks
    Thank you for all the recommendations!

No problem at all. I'm just sharing what the community have posted so it's really a big thank you to all of our simmers for being awesome :D
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Funny posts about funny things that sims do in the game is always a good place to go for good laughs on here.
    Side note, friendly comment: Your avi is really pretty EA_Lanna. :)

Awww thank you very much for that compliment :blush: Yeah I agree, those two Sims 3 threads are guaranteed to bring smiles ^^
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• ethanscott278ethanscott278 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @EA_Lanna said:
    > Sul Sul Simmers :smile:
    >
    > "You're not EA_Mage" I hear you say. Correct! @EA_Mage isn't in today (as she is getting ready and appropriately hyped for the Infinity Wars Movie Cinema showing tonight #doingthingsright :lol:) so I'm stepping in to bring you this week's highlights.
    >
    >
    >
    > Without further ado, here are some awesome threads that we have come across this week and think you'd enjoy too:
    >
    > * In the mood for a laugh? I cannot recommend the Funny Sims 3 screenshots and Funny Moments threads enough. Fellow simmers share images of how glitches have yielded some hilarious results. I've found myself returning to these daily and it never fails to give me a giggle. Thanks to @PalmArrow and @td998 for putting these together :D
    > * This next thread was suggested by @EgonVM. Simmer @Bonasita had a great idea to create a thread on some Sims terminology called Help understanding terminology. If you'd like to learn the lingo yourself or have some wisdom to impart, pop on over to this thread.
    > * Another fun thread to take part in is @Scorpina2009's What are your traits. Couch potato? Computer Whiz? What do you think your traits would be? ^^
    > * Count Vladislaus Straud IV has some strong genes!! Needless to say I was surprised to see the various different apperances that @aujineh and other simmers found his offsring generated and they've shared these in her thread Straud's Offspring. A Fab thread with some great images ^^ If you have Straud children and want to share them or are just plain curious, then this is the thread for you.
    > * Strapped for simoleons but want a starter home to die for? Look no further! @elanorbreton's Starter Homes Thread hosts some gorgeous, funny and festive creations, all made on a budget. Definitely pay this thread a visit as there's something for everyone to be found. For example, I'm in love with @RyeCris16's Baby Bunny Meadows <3 (I think it's the bunny ears that's gets me). :)
    > * And finally, @simgirl1010 said it best in her recommendation of the Sims 2 Discoveries thread: "After 14 years there's still lots to discover.". I just learned that a child's teddy bear ages!! Who knew that ?? O.O That made my heart go "awwww" so thanks to @Bluefairy286 for sharing that little tidbit ^^
    >
    >
    > And this was just the tip of the iceberg. Honestly, there are so many stellar threads out there and thank you to all of the simmers who shared suggestions and helped highlight some great threads. Keep those suggestions coming by dropping a comment below :)
    >
    > All the best and Happy Simming 0/
    >
    > Lanna (How did I do? ^^)

LOL