Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share WINNERS' CIRCLE: Find out results and discuss the entries here!

Comments

• KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @BuildnShare Thanks, I get it about that one tree, it did look a bit strange there but I never noticed it. btw, I did do over head shots with labels so you could tell what was happening with the rest of the building. Perhaps you just overlooked them.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @Kgaff - No, I saw the OH's with labels, but it helps to label each picture so we don't have to keep referring back to them :wink:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @Kgaff - No, I saw the OH's with labels, but it helps to label each picture so we don't have to keep referring back to them :wink:

Oh!!! I understand now, duh!!
  • ElleDaesElleDaes Posts: 72 Member
    tbh, I cordoned off part of the stairs because I was too 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lazy to cut out the stairs and put in a smaller set of stairs after I placed the planter and I liked the planter too much to give it up. :blush: Great builds guys.
    @ElleDaes - LOL!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR #198 - SPARKS

First of all, you guys made this a really hard choice. All three of you really showed off your building skills to brilliant success. You should be very proud of yourselves.

Creativemetaphor

You made a great choice in building in that town. Your build fits in great. Its modern and crisp. The interior is wonderfully laid out and I love the terrace! So many office buildings could benefit from a little green space. Your object choice was well done. The use of MOO in the secretary's station was brilliant! My only real critique is all the browns and reds. While it gave the build a very rich feeling, it also made the whole thing seem very dark and heavy.

Linday

This is Asian Beach aesthetic at its best! The light colors, the use of blues and natural woods were excellent choices. The way you manipulated foundations and levels to make the stair wells was very skillfully done and the simplicity of the architecture suits a beach town. You kept the furnishings plentiful but not so much that it felt cluttered or over done. Honestly, I have no real critiques. Well done.

MeestorMark

Your build was very clever architecture wise. I like the use of the repeating scale and the floor tiles. Your furniture choices were nice, though it seemed more modern with touches of Asian culture. The color scheme through out was very nicely inline with what Sparks asked for. Excellent work on the underground parking. However I would say that your build was far more industrial than Asian insipired. It also looked slightly out of place with the buildings around it.

And the first place winner is....

Linday!

The second place winner is...

Creativemetaphor!

Third Place winner is...

MeestorMark!!

Congrats!! You guys put together some amazing builds!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Congrats @linday and @MeestorMark :)
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    I'm slow as usual!
    Thank you so much for the feedback and comments, it really had to be a close one!
    Congrats also to @creativemetaphor and @MeestorMark, this was great fun.
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited April 2018
    Love seeing that BuildnShare is still going for Sims 3 :)

INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR #S3199 - For the Love of Fabric

@ElleDaes
    Wow – Washmoda is amazing from the first outside appearance! Great work on the complex roofline, and I love the art deco accents on the exterior façade. The skylights on the roof provide even more visual interest. The building blends seamlessly into the world around it, so great job on continuity. Interesting that laundromat users also have the option to use a clothesline to dry clothes – that could really have appeal for lots of users. Love the front doors and the view into the establishment. The ceilings inside are dramatic and visually appealing. Front entry areas are gorgeous as well as the laundry areas. Love the wallpaper! Joao’s design area is detailed and nicely laid out.

Suggestions:Not sure the plant choices in the back did a lot to advance your art deco design. I feel like the ½ wall choice with the gold topper competed a bit with the rest of the beautiful design inside. Lots of very nice interior details, but sometimes an eye towards editing can let your strongest elements really shine even more on their own.

@Kgaff
    I really like the details on the front of The Laundry Basket, especially the flower choices and the bubbles on the picture window. The side drop off/pick-up window with the neon arrow and navigations signals on the asphalt drive are nice touches as well. Love the lighted “menu of services” sign in the drive-through lane. Cute entry with the gumball machine and bubble motif carried over onto the check-in desk. You’ve created a very realistic laundry area with the folding tables, seating, and separated washer/dryer banks. Nice color choices here. Moda’s private design area, by comparison, is secluded and luxurious. Great eye for detail in both areas.

Suggestions: When striving for realism, make sure your roof doesn’t have “valleys” where rain would collect. I would have liked to have seen more overall continuity between the exterior and interior designs. The interior of the laundromat was quite bright and inviting while the exterior siding and roof was very traditional.

The Winner is of this challenge is ....

@ElleDaes !!!

Congrats :) I loved getting to look at both of your builds.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2018
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR #S3199 - For the Love of Fabric

@creativemetaphor
    I love the visual you’ve created of sudsy water with your exterior siding choices. The round windows of varying sizes are also great in establishing the laundromat vibe. Nice landscaping leading up to the front entrance. I like the complex roofline with multi-level hipped roofs. Thank you for labeling your overhead photo! It makes it very easy to understand your layout. Good job carrying over the sudsy water appearance into your interior wall choices. Nice details in the lobby and take-in area. Moda’s tailoring and dress-making area is especially nice. I love all the clothing and fabric clutter you’ve included to make it look authentic. Looks like some very creative use of MOO as well.

Suggestions: I feel as though all of your pattern choices weren’t as harmonious as they could have been. There was a lot going on visually, and a bit of paring back would have helped the overall design.

The Winner is of this challenge is ....

@creativemetaphor !!!

Congrats :) Thanks for being a part of BuildnShare!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats @ElleDaes that was a spectacular laundry :)
    edited April 2018
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR #BnS200 - The Age of Aquarius

@Jessabeans
    Wowza - you have done such an awesome job making Morningstar Farms look incredibly natural and rustic. The landscaping is fab, I just love that bridge over the pond, great use of the terrain sculpting tool and the planting around that pond is just wonderful, so natural and lush looking. You’ve done amazing work with the terrain painting tool as well. The inclusion of the starter garden, the wood pile and the solar panels are perfect for the self sufficient part of the brief.Your interiors are adorable, love the flooring you have chosen and the addition of the canning station is a great idea! The other areas are wonderful, it all feels very traditional and commune like, the use of that slightly worn looking mirror in the toilet is great, it makes the area feel very “reuse and recycle”. You have made such great use of the CASt tool to make everything feel a little rough around the edges, which is perfect for a build of this style.

Suggestions:Your media feels a little sparse, there is so much I feel I didn’t get to see in detail, like the outdoor seating area, the exteriors of the boys and Raven and Essence’s cabin. I wonder if a more informal indoor seating area for them to gather would have been a useful addition.

@Kgaff
    Oh my - what a colourful commune you have built for your clients!! You have made great use of terrain sculpting and painting tools, I adore the roofing styles you have used throughout the lot, especially on the individual cabins and the party pavilion! Your creative ingenuity with the composting toilet and rainwater collection trough is awesome! And that swimming hole, epic! Also, love that shower tent, another amazingly creative idea and so well executed. Your interiors fit with the eclectic style of the exterior of the build, using those pennants as window dressings is a fantastic idea and you’ve made great use of CASt to make everything feel well worn and functional. I’ll admit, some of the interior decor is not to my taste, too many clashing colours, but I understand the why of it.

Suggestions: I wonder if a terrain painted pathway leading around the pond from the shower tent back to the communal area would have made it feel more like part of the build than slightly separate to it.

@ElleDaes
    I just love the architecture of this place it’s modern yet rustic at the same time, two very difficult styles to marry but you got it spot on. The thermal glass roofing is wonderful and it’s fabulous that you included some eco friendly solutions for our six. That raised patio is a wonderful addition, and I love that area with the swing seats. Love the landscaping, you made great plant and flower choices to really help this place blend into its backdrop and you made some great use of the terrain sculpting and painting tools. Your interiors are cozy and welcoming, curtains as a separator of the areas. The loft space was a thoughtful addition. The kitchen area looks great, not too modern but with just enough shabby chic to make it look well worn, and great idea with all the different recycle bins. And oh my that dining room, those fabric hangings are just perfect! Your sleeping lofts are a wonderful idea, you've made some great furnishing choices to make them feel comfy yet rustic.

Suggestions: I’m struggling to think of anything I’d actually change about this build, I think it absolutely nailed the brief 100%

AND THE WINNER IS.....

@ElleDaes

I think it's time you moved up to the Advanced category hon....

GArBA5W.jpg
  • ElleDaesElleDaes Posts: 72 Member
    @BuildnShare Thank you! I was thinking the same thing after I finished this build. It's time. See you in advanced next entry. :smiley:
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Congratulations @ElleDaes!
    ADVANCED Results FOR #BnS200 - The Age of Aquarius

@creativemetaphor
    I love this lot and how it appears nestled into the large rock formations around it. Good use of rustic textures on the exterior buildings. Love the little bike shed! Very nicely landscaped. Love the use of pilings and the boardwalks connecting all the buildings. They have a waterwheel – very eco-friendly way to make power! I love that they have the canning station too so that they can extend their garden haul into the other months of the year. The egg chairs on the porch are perfect! Love the spa area and outdoor showers. The vegetable garden area is nicely done – great little edged planting areas. Cute bedrooms. I like the details you’ve included that give clues to the personalities of the residents. Good use of MOO to create new combinations of objects. The feel of the common living area is very bohemian. I really like the use of color and textures here. The technique of layering of rugs in this area and the bedroom adds to the hippie/boho vibe.

Suggestions:The only thing I can think to add is that a ½ wall or column to support the floating stair landing in the common area would have been more realistic.

@mederouin
    Great use of terrain editing and terrain paints! I love the idea of turning the abandoned port area into the commune and re-using all the shipping containers. This is a very sustainable approach that I’m sure the clients would appreciate. The extensive bridges and paths connecting all the buildings are very nicely executed. Great landscaping of the waterways. All of the landscaping and architecture details taken together give a fantastic overall impression of the commune life. I can see how you’ve chosen furniture items that look as though they were acquired rather than planned. I like the layout of the common kitchen and dining area. Nice activities area and office. The unique floor design in the bath house conveys the idea that this was once a business building that has been re-purposed by the commune.

Suggestions: Compared to your detailed architecture and landscaping, the interiors were a little sparse. I would have liked to have seen more clutter items and décor in the bedrooms and common areas. (They don’t have to be fancy to give a lived-in feel to the build.)

AND THE WINNER IS.....

@creativemetaphor

Congrats to both of you on fantastic builds :smiley:

GArBA5W.jpg
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @mederouin Great job on your build!

@BuildnShare Thank you! <3

edited May 2018
    TsrEo1w.png
    BEGINNER RESULTS FOR #BnS201 - The Hawthorne Project - Part 2
    3gHHX7s.png

@Kesminlix
    The Julia is really beautiful! I love that it's fenced in all around, especially that you use two different fences that fit very well together.The backyard is nice and large, great room for her nieces and nephews to play. The bushes in the front yard definitely give the home a finished feel. It's very spacious inside! Plenty of room to live in. You really nailed the color scheme that Julia seems to like. That laundry room is just in the perfect place too, good layout of your two bedroom home. I think Julia could be happy there!
    Even though you're the only entrant in the category, your home for Julia is top notch, you did a fabulous job!
    Congrats on earning First place!
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2018
    Wr2hKWH.png
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR #BnS201 - The Hawthorne Project - Part 2
    3gHHX7s.png

@AlphaFen
    Jonquille Cottage is so full of charm! You came through for Julia and catered to her love for shabby chic. That kitchen would be like a dream to her! You have really paid attention to details in the bathroom, and the bedroom has such a serene feeling to it. I am completely in love with the garden area, the fenced-in vegetable garden with the well is such a lovely touch. I am sure Julia would love to sit in the rocking chair and enjoy her view over the pond! You have done a great job on this, and made Julia a home with a lot of curb appeal!

Suggestions: I wish you had paid a little more attention to decorating the lounge area, as it feels a little bare compared to the rest of the house. Don't forget to pay attention to the back of your build as well. Building on a budget is tricky though! I would also suggest that you try to take more of your pictures in cameraman mode, as it is easier for the judges to catch the details that way.

@Kgaff
    Your house for Julia should tick every box on her imaginary wishlist. The house has tons of curb appeal, kudos for going with such a daring exterior color! Your landscaping compliments the build, and that little garden shed is positively adorable. The living area has a lot of charm, and I can easily picture the lounge chair in front of the windows becoming a favourite spot for Julia. Your MOO work in the kitchen gives it personality, and the open layout makes the whole build have a good flow and playability. Throughout your build, you have paid good attention to details, and it all feels very cohesive.

Suggestions:
    You have quite some space in the middle of your open living area, I would have considered moving the dining table to utilize that space better. Rotating plants a little does a lot when it comes to creating that natural variety in your landscaping. Also, don't forget to pay attention to the back of your build, and try to create interest either through breaking up the wall lines or with the roof, like you did in the front.
    3gHHX7s.png
    AND THE WINNER IS....

@Kgaff
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    :star: Congratulations @Kgaff :star: You used clutter so effectively and had a great shabby chic colour palette :)

@BuildnShare My apologies, I did try the cameraman mode but I scrapped them because the photos looked like they were shot through a goldfish bowl rather than a lens :# I will post the cameraman photos in the future :)
    edited May 2018
    YEW12tS.png
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR #BnS201 - The Hawthorne Project - Part 2
    3gHHX7s.png

@aricarai
    This renovated coach house is perfectly proportioned with tons of curb appeal! I love the offset entry, and the trellis in front of it. Great combination of stone and wood siding. Lovely interiors. The kitchen and dining area are very nicely done. I love the distressed look of the cabinets. The little alcove with the piano is beautiful. Great wallpaper choice here. Great use of the extra space in the upstairs landing for an office and ballet barre. Beautiful back porch with dining table and hanging egg chair. I love the mason jar lights!

Suggestions:
    Not a whole lot to add! There was a small bit of open, unused space between the living room and the stairs. Is there any way you could have tweaked things to add something here?

@creativemetaphor
    Such a cute little French Country cottage! The hydrangeas out front are fantastic, and I love the garden arch at the front door. Great fencing choices for the cottage feel. Inside is where this home really shines. I love the shabby chic feel. Great furniture and texture choices in the living area. I love the little alcove with the vintage phonograph. The wood-burning stove is just perfect. The kitchen is very sweet, and I like the use of pink with the more rustic textures. The stone walls and floors are great choices. Cute bedroom with a great country wallpaper. The little crib tucked under the window is adorable. Love the little guest room and the bath with vines painted on the brick! Nice loft space with plenty of opportunities to build skills.

Suggestions:
    Suggestions: In comparison to your interiors, the exterior seemed a little plain in spots (not the front landscaping – that was gorgeous!) I felt like the stucco siding on the bottom level needed a little something to finish off the edges.

@ElleDaes
    This home looks such such a cozy retreat from the snow and icicles outside! I love the fencing choices, and the carved columns. The ornate stained glass doors are a great choice. Nicely laid out kitchen and living areas. I love the wood floor and siding choices in the little 1/2 bath. The master bedroom has plenty of shabby chic charm. The awning over the bed to create a canopy effect and the pile of ruffled pillows in the corner are lovely touches.

Suggestions:
    The pictures overall (outside especially) were a little dark. Taking them at another time of day would highlight the features better. Building a little smaller would give more room in your budget for decorative objects.

@mederouin
    What a cool idea for a build! I love your use of the greenhouse roof pieces. Good use of CFE to create interesting architectural details around the doors. As you wrote, this little cottage looks like you might happen upon it forgotten in the woods. I like the slightly unkempt feel of the landscaping. Nice vegetable garden. Good job with the terrain tools and paints. I like the different elevations inside. The sunken living area is very nicely done. I like that you gave her some walls for the bedroom and bath – a little extra privacy there is appreciated, I’m sure ;)

Suggestions:
    Suggestions: Labeling your pictures would help us understand exactly what we’re looking at. Some areas felt a little plain. Building slightly smaller would have left more room in the budget for decorative touches.

3gHHX7s.png
    AND THE WINNER IS....

@aricarai

GArBA5W.jpg
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    :star: Congratulations @Kgaff :star: You used clutter so effectively and had a great shabby chic colour palette :)

@BuildnShare My apologies, I did try the cameraman mode but I scrapped them because the photos looked like they were shot through a goldfish bowl rather than a lens :# I will post the cameraman photos in the future :)

Just back from vacation and saw this.

Thanks @AlphaFen but I really liked yours better than mine. I love how you used the roof pieces and your building style is unique -- in a very good way, so don't give me any grief!
    AlphaFen wrote: »

@AlphaFen - Try not to zoom out so far, that should help with the fish bowl lens...
    GArBA5W.jpg
    YEW12tS.png
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR #BnS202 - A Fairy Tale Cottage
    3gHHX7s.png

@creativemetaphor
    417bl9m.jpg
    Fairy Cottage screams just that! The attention you have paid to details is wonderful, especially considering the very tight budget for this challenge. My favourite part of this is the landscaping - those stairs leading down to that waterfall is such a great touch. Your use of MOO and CFE is so subtle, yet so effective. Very clever of you to use foundations instead of walls to such an extent! Your interiors are cohesive and suits the brief very well. You have managed to include so much on such a tight budget, the build feels lived in, and that is no small feat for 20k!

Suggestions:
    My only real critique for this is that I’m not sure that the walls you have used in the kitchen works well with the pattern you have chosen for them - the default wood and brick texture shows through the stone pattern and makes it look slightly off. I am also not in love with the recolored cow rug, there’s something about the shape of the rug that looks weird with a flower print.

Optional challenge:
    It seems like Louise is really happy about the cabin you created for her! I wish you had included a close up picture as well, but I really love how her outfit is matching the build, both in style and in colors, and you made her a fairy, that’s adorable!

@mederouin
    ZbD8g1J.jpg
    Such a charming build! The exteriors have a nudge to the tudor style, yet the roofing gives it more of a fairytale look. The landscaping looks very natural, and the pond is so lovely - that has to be my favourite part! That, or the blue front door, I love that! I like how you used the birch print in the study, feels like Louise has a secluded reading nook amongst the treetops. Love the choice of floor tiles in the kitchen.You have included a lot of windows on this budget, which makes the house feel very airy and light. I also think the layout has a good flow to it!

Suggestions:
    Although I think you succeeded with what you were going for in your description, I’m not sure if your cottage has that much of a fairytale feeling. I also think you could have benefited from choosing a more cohesive color scheme for the interiors, since this is such a small build.

3gHHX7s.png
    AND THE WINNER IS....

@creativemetaphor

LRCkTAg.png

The winner of the optional challenge is….
    @creativemetaphor
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2018
    Wr2hKWH.png
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR #BnS202 - A Fairy Tale Cottage
    3gHHX7s.png

@Kgaff
    42038995302_3d89d00c1d_c.jpg
    This is a delightful fairy tale build! The landscaping is wonderful with bits of whimsey which work perfectly for the brief. Inside there are many little touches that work brilliantly for a fairy tale cottage.
    The house is cozy looking, full without being overly cluttered, but no bare spots which leave us wanting. There is plenty of comfortable seating for the guests she might have over as wanting to be super popular.
    Very creative uses of MOO to get some delightful items, such as the elephant fountain and the shelf on the back of the tub.

Suggestions:
    I don't believe the tub is usable with the toilet as it sits. Easily fixed but something to keep in mind.
    Remember that the only criteria on which we judge are your pictures, not your uploaded lot. Please do your best to only include pictures of items which are included in the cost of your home, even if your upload is 'clean', so we can be sure we are judging everyone on the same level playing field.

Optional Challenge:
    Louise's outfit is truly adorable, and she seems to have made herself right at home in her new cottage! (Fire not withstanding!) Her sketch of Mr. Nimble is a very touching tribute!

@cwaddell
    rSz9kPf.jpg
    The exterior of your build simply exudes fairy tale cottage! The eave decorations, the coupola on top, the carefully overgrown yard all lend to the look you have created.
    The roof has plenty of interest but all follows a very logical layout and scales well for the size of the house.
    The bench overlooking the pond out back is a nice touch.
    I love how the inside flows between the rooms, and the fireplace is a wonderful addition for such a tight budget.
    The soft colors create a very relaxing atmosphere, and I really like the special touch of the wall decoration behind the bed.

Suggestions:
    The rooms feel a little empty. There are very few places for any guests to be able to sit. I would also worry about getting my feet wet from the shower when using the toilet! A curb could have finished off the look nicely.

@suzses
    41322305835_8a279d7fff_c.jpg
    You have used MOO here in this build to such wonderful effect! The wreath on the door is a delightful touch, the water barrel and downspout is so creative.
    The pond with fountain and seating seems like a perfect place to enjoy the outdoors. The shrubs, flowers and trees all lend to the natural setting you have picked.
    Inside is even more delightful! The colors, patterns, and decor all create the perfect ambiance. I can imagine guests feeling very comfortable visiting. You have cluttered things wonderfully without making it feel cramped.
    I love the curtains between the rooms, it all works so well together.

Suggestions:
    The exterior of your build is well designed but lacks color. It all gets a bit washed out in the pictures. Perhaps a bit of color in the roof or walls would have helped make some of the elements pop.

Optional Challenge:
    I loved seeing Louise having fun in so many settings. Her outfits are cohesive and fitting.
    3gHHX7s.png
    AND THE WINNER IS....

@Suzses!
    Honorable mention for @cwaddell: it was such a close call!

Optional Challenge winner:
    @Kgaff

Congratulations all for making it so hard to judge!
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top