Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    Thank you @DinoJr now that I have finished posting my creations I am free to download your wonderful creations!! lol so I will be busy in game for awhile.
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Jessabeans For your 4th and final gift I present you with what is probably my favorite of the gifts I have made for you. Not that I think it looks better than the other gifts but by how much this lot comes to life when sims show up to it, they are so active and that made me very happy when testing it. So without further adieu I present Pinebrook Park:

41071413554_5ebb25e3f6_b.jpg

Download Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212820

This lot was built for 77 Subalpine Blvd Hidden Springs. I basically made you a content pack for two of the worlds in your letter. A family with a home and a public lot for each one. There is a few lots this park fits nicely on in hidden springs but I really liked the views of the lake from that particular lot. This lot was so much fun to make and so relaxing for me. I love to landscape and parks are a landscapers dream. :heart: When I first started this lot I wanted to do something with the hot air balloon in a different world than Aurora Skies. I got to thinking about how its really a hover balloon and thought hmm what if I made a 5 story tower and put it on the roof to get maximum height? So I ended up with this park, the tower really adds quite a bit of extra space for game play opportunities. The first floor has some stuff for kids to play with. The second floor is for chess. The third floor is for painting. The 4th floor is a dining area with a grill and vending machine with great views of the lake. The 5th floor is the sight seeing floor with telescopes looking out over the water. And the roof is where the hot air balloon resides. It works fine up there but I don't think id recommend flying it to another lot as I'm not sure if it could land on the roof again. I mostly placed it there for the sight seeing interactions while it is hovering. This was inspired by an attraction I went on during a vacation where the hot air balloon would go up in the air but was attached to something and couldn't fly around for safety reasons.

Here are some pictures of the lot with some descriptions:

This building here marks the entrance to the lot and is where some food vendors, cotton candy machine, popcorn machine and some all in one bathrooms are located. Since I put the bonfire on the lot I thought having showers for when sims toss test tubes would be useful. Plus those out house style all in ones from the movie pack are super cute and have that rustic cabin look. The back of the building with the sign is actually one of my favorite parts of this lot just for the plants. I thought they really looked overgrown and natural. :smile:

40889329095_5a06e689d8_z.jpg

Here is the playground and the mini waterfall I made. This has some of my favorite playground objects as most of them are usable by sims of all ages so families can really play together. I love the portable Gnubb set cause you can get like 6 sims playing with it together. I never noticed how awesome this item was until my friend Tanu explained it to me.

40889329695_a8d6bb04a7_z.jpg

More of the pond and a small sitting area which can be used for a small wedding.

40889330345_13b0a13573_z.jpg

The lemonade stand and the first floor of the tower. I recently learned that npc children will run that stand if you stock it with fruit yourself. I wonder if I could have stocked it before uploading... hmm well too late now lol. But you will get to see a kid running the stand that I wasn't controlling later. :smiley:

41788167271_ed6628904e_z.jpg

The first floor is a kids play area.

41071396514_9c85611bf3_z.jpg

Second and third floor.

41071397224_1de8b8a550_z.jpg

The fourth and fifth floor:

41071398544_4f15c932d9_z.jpg

And the Hot air Balloon Level, Pretending that sign has prices for the balloon rides. But dang-it I just now remembered that the movie sign has a swatch with prices and times on it that would have been perfect. >_>

40889340815_69bd07b0db_b.jpg

A couple of night shots showing the flower lights lit up. I use those too much but I love them. :tongue: Also I placed fog emitter codes with green will o wisps tied to them. They aren't the real ones that can be caught but they looked so pretty on the lot. :)

41788187051_db2af52a55_z.jpg

As I said earlier my favorite thing about this lot is how active it is when sims arrive. Here are some screenshots of the lot in game play.
    There is a showtime lot park that EA made as a default lot that I placed to start this lot. I deleted everything but one thing, the picnic blanket spawners which to this day I still don't understand why we cant place ourselves.
    26920183197_68a96674ab_z.jpg
    26920184367_f4f21f9b72_z.jpg

I stocked the lemonade stand with various fruits like limes, grapes, lemons, etc and an npc child decided to run it so I didn't have to make Ama do it. She was to busy dumping water on her dad from the tree house anyway. Which he was able to get psychiatric help for from the girl running the stand. Lol love that peanuts reference Store Team. :lol: Tsula went there to get a limeade, ooh that sounds good right now. Lol look at Magnus over there working out to the stereo I put in the play area. :tongue:

26920185927_e5dbbdb402_z.jpg
    26920187267_a023e46e1f_z.jpg

Sims enjoying the various levels:

41788180411_5f7505f682_z.jpg
    41788182011_0929346436_z.jpg

Wohali and Inola were able to steal away some kid free time in the hot air balloon.

40889348195_0556e44e75_z.jpg

Woo snacks! and lol Thoren was all tired out and decided to take a nap in the fairy house.

41071411324_acd1a48aab_z.jpg

And the sims ended their day dancing, eating and hanging out by the fire. and :O I see you there dude in the Hawaiian shirt with the test tube! Rude!!!!

41788186011_b73d694b19_z.jpg

Here is a bonus for everyone! yay bonus!!!! :heart:

Per Jessa's suggestion despite her not having the ice lounge pre order content from seasons I have uploaded the original version of Fire and Ice anyway for those that would like a copy. :smiley: So here I present Fire and Ice now with more ice!!! Is it practical? No! but its the Sims and its magic ice, Lets just say they commissioned Magnus to carve it and cast a no melt spell on it. :tongue:

40889328215_d57212153a_b.jpg

Download Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212821

Here are some pictures of the original version of the lot.
    40889331695_61de80c82b_z.jpg
    27920239698_089778a49f_z.jpg
    27920239268_72006305a0_z.jpg
    40889326255_7f059763b5_z.jpg
    27920240288_8711d874ae_b.jpg

Jessa it has been a pleasure being your buddy and I have enjoyed creating all of these gifts for you. I hope you will cherish them as much as I have cherished the gifts I have revived in these exchanges. I have enjoyed getting to know you and am happy we are now my page friends. :)
    Post edited by Catdog123 on
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @ADWilson: I really loved the little story for those two, both on the thread and on that page. How interesting! Even though it's not my usual style, I might just plop them into Riverview to give this a shot. Because, you know, tombs. ;)

@suzses: Oh! I had noticed that on the Exchange this morning, and it took me a while before it occurred to me that it might actually be a gift for me. I saw it and thought, "Oh, how pretty! That's something I would like." Pfft. Tells you how little sleep I've had the past few nights that I never made the connection. ;)

TWO versions? Awesome! I'm looking at the pictures, and it looks like... the more modern is on the left? Or wait... I'm not sure. Guess I'll just have to compare both side by side. :) It looks like both of them have interesting aspects, and I might use the more modern one in places like Riverview, which doesn't have too many good hangouts as it is. I really love the curtains on the Bohemian gazebo! Now, why hadn't that ever occurred to me before? *steals idea*

@Ciane: I like the colors you used, the neutrals, woods, and subtle blues look very relaxing. Your lots always look so cohesive. It's great seeing lots that combine multiple PC from the store. You did a very good job with this one. I think I'll plop it into the same Riverview game that I put Addy's (and some of the others in this exchange), and have some fun with a more contemporary world for a while. :)

All of these downloaded, checked, rec'd, and are all CC free!

@suzses, DV comments:
    Actually, when it comes to the modernization of DV, @creativemetaphor and I have been revamping that world to make it more medieval. I was forced into a break from Sims for a while due to various personal issues, although I'll probably go back to working on the revamp soon, after getting in a week or so of just playing the game for fun.

I've already changed the gym, the community garden, and the library (those were awful) - all of which have been uploaded - and added some things to the grocery store (also uploaded), as well as to the bookstore (not sure if I've uploaded that or not). Added some small tombs to several of them (Ok, not so small in the gym - that one is so complex I actually wrote a walk through for it on my website), but uploaded both a tomb and a non-tomb version of most of the ones I've put tombs in. Which is a good thing, as this taught me - the hard way - that too many tombs on a world can cause lag. I think I'll make a recommendation that most people download just one or two with tombs, and the rest without tombs.

The last I remember I was working on one of the taverns, but I don't recall whether I finished it or not, or - if I did - whether or not I uploaded it. I'll have to get back to that one. Pretty sure I didn't bother with a tomb for that one, as it wasn't appropriate.

CM has revamped the graveyard, and she's been working on most of the residences. She's much better than I am at that part of it. I believe we decided to work on the empty residences first, and then go to the ones with households. We're actually also going to revamp the households themselves; turn most of them into various Supernaturals, which it has always seemed to me had been the intent of that world. The revamp of the Sims themselves will come last, only after revamping everything else.

We are not changing the overall look to any of the buildings, mostly just expanding, adding, brightening, etc. If you've ever looked at the gym, for instance, you'd see just four exercise machines. Four. What an absolutely worthless gym that was. What I've done to it makes it considerably more interesting. Added archery, saunas, massage tables, hot tubs, and showers, among other things. Underground, since there was no room above ground, but it's still very cool.

But by the time we're done, that town will be much more medieval, much more interesting, and have more stuff from various expansions and store premium content.

We are also removing things from each build that make it seem too modern: TVs, computers, cars, and most stereos come to mind right away. With respect to stereos, we can change them out for a few that are more fantasy/old-time, but the others have got to go. I've found that if you take those things away, your Sims don't become unhappy at all. They're even attracted to doing things like, for example, actually exercising. And interacting with other Sims. :)

I think another thing that annoys me with this world - and basically with any of them - is that too many objects are base game. I mean, I understand WHY they do it, since they have no idea what EPs or SPs we might have, but it feels boring when every house has the same base game refrigerator and stove.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I think I figured out where I am with commenting. After getting distracted a few times re-checking out some gifts, I've found my starting place. ;)

@Catdog123 Ah, more interesting, attractive sims. That IS a large family - 6 sims, 3 horses, and minor pets! I like the Wolfe family and their backgrounds. I especially like that Yona is a shaman. Their home is beautiful and really fits its setting. It's decorated and furnished perfectly for each sim living there. Love the dark woods and stone and the bright colors against them. The living/dining area with its teals and orange is very attractive to me, as is Yona's alchemy station area, and all the little touches here and there that you do so well - oh, and the stone sinks, too.

I really think The Wolfes and their home belong together and I'll have to find a place in my games where they can be just that.

@fleshjenn Ah, more interesting sims with sad stories. Having made the mistake of unsuspectingly sending parents on one of those trips, I can imagine where the idea of this story came from. ;) I also loved the parents' story and especially like the name Clover.

@Jessabeans You are really spoiling me! I adore The Coffee Press, everything from its name to the exterior to the sunken sitting area and the children's play area, to the whimsical touches by the restrooms. I could probably go on all day. Love how you did the signage and the exterior colors, the fountain shape and placement, the plants above the entrance. And that garden area that you can see from the sunken sitting area. So many fun things to do. I can see my sims are going to love going there, and I can also see there are many worlds where I can use it.

I know I did tell you that the lot where you placed it was just sitting there empty, waiting for it in my world. Most of what was nearby fit in well with it, too, so that was great. Last night, I finally got to check all my gifts out in my game, and they're all going to work out very well. The other two lots you used weren't empty, but the house I had where the farmhouse goes didn't really need to be there - made more sense to have the farmhouse next to the field and windmill anyway - so that was just a quick move. For Vitality, I had to place it across the intersection from where you had it for now, and that lot isn't quite as perfect but it does work. I'll figure out a way to move some of my other things so I can put it across the street.

@MiaSkywalker Wow, this is quite the build, and I can see why it was keeping you busy! It's very beautiful, and large! I can see where you wanted to put the diagonal steps (but what you did looks great, too) and that you aren't at all unfamiliar with diagnoal. ;) And on top of everything else, secrets. I really like the greenhouse roof over the study and the gardens outside, but there's certainly lots more in there to love, too.

@ADWilson I'm enjoying your John and Katie story. Of course they showed up at the same house, because destiny. Love the house and it's name is perfect. It reminds me too of a container home, and I really like the big window at the end.

@ciane That's a great community lot! Love how you came up with its name, the nice clean look that you're famous for doing so well, and that you managed to hide a tomb in there as well! LOL Looking forward to checking it out further.

I've had this post open for hours, and I wonder what's popped up in the meantime. I'll have to go see. :)

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @fleshjenn: You snuck that houseboat in while I was typing up my post. :) I really love the Jaded Duchess! I love it when builds use the greenhouse roof pieces, and I've never played on a house boat before (and have wanted to since shortly after IP came out), so I'm definitely going to try yours out. :)

Downloaded, rec'd, checked, and CC free. :)
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    @Catdog123 Another one!

And its awesome! This is my kind of park! I love all the different activities available, and the fact that you incorporated a hot air balloon... I kept seeing that it was possible but never bothered to try it, but I certainly will now... Also, very very very cool that you added a bonus gift to everyone, very sweet! <3

@fleshjenn

I hope you have as much fun playing with them as I did creating them! One thing that was fun for me, I actually built the cafe first... and then deconstructed into the farmhouse... It just seemed like the easier way to go about it. But! I saw that you like renovacy style challenges, so I would be curious to see if you ever did upgrade the shabby farmhouse, what you came up with. Either way, I hope you like your gifts... <3
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    What brilliant creations you all have made! I have so enjoyed looking through all the pictures. These are always so much fun!!

Back in September of 2013 I had a problem that sounds very similar to yours, @KhemKat19 . This might be one of the solutions that Addy has recommended for you, but the root of my problem was the variegated plant from the Hewnsman Set. For some reason it kept my build from uploading to the exchange. After I removed it, I had no problem uploading. I don't know if you have that item, but you might want to check to see if it is included or it could be another singular item that is causing it not to upload.

Good luck!

And once again, amazing work everyone!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    @CatDog123: Wow! I absolutely love that park, and it looks so right for HS that it almost feels like it should have been included with the world.

I love the idea of the balloon on the roof. I never knew you could fly those to other lots! Then again... I think that's one PC I've never actually had an active Sim try out. I think I need to.

So many things for our Sims to do, and on such a beautiful lot, flowing so organically with the world around it. Your work always gobsmacks me, it's so gorgeous!
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    All right, so this is my sort of unofficial post (sans links since we still haven't finished troubleshooting.)
    @MsPrissy88 Hi buddy! I made 2 gifts for you, and here is the post for the first one:

Gift 1: A family residence that was supposed to be a ranch style house (modeled from a couple of the floorplans you included in your letter) but ended up larger than expected. I tried to keep a somewhat countryish theme in it since the ranch part went out the door, but I hope you still like it regardless! I did my best to keep your preferred color scheme (went with a lot of whites, stone, blues, and other pastels.)

And now for the fun part, the pictures! Here they are, and fingers crossed I do the spoiler tag correctly :D

edited April 2018
    @suzses lol the mother Clover Ayers actually belongs to @KaytayRoall. I thought the sim was very pretty and would make the backstory a bit more interesting for her.

@DinoJr just curious do you remember which spiral staircase you used? when I downloaded the lots I didn't receive any warnings about missing objects but there was no way to the second floor in either build. I came back to look at your pictures to see where the stairs should have been placed.

also you were spot on with the shabby farmhouse. I love the renovation challenges I have been doing lately and when I saw your farmhouse ideas started spinning through my head, I cant wait to update the place.
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    @MsPrissy88

Gift 2: A beach resort doubling as a hotel and casino. I have it set to resort right now, but if you'd like to change that it'll be fine as a community lot! Gift 1 will fit easily in your world Misty Falls, but this one I built in Sunlit Tides and I'm not sure how it'll look not in Sunlit Tides. The resort has beach access, lots of pools, a wedding arch, casino with rock climbing wall, dining area, and hotel rooms. I hope you like it! I know my test sims sure did, everyone had a blast!

Pictures!
    kknwzYZ.jpg
    v059v4F.jpg
    lCVsHr7.jpg
    6eUAZtv.jpg
    A0qC4LH.jpg
    eRpTnNc.jpg
    KytaTIe.jpg
    4ea1dq5.jpg
    eLKLSsU.jpg
    zxNyx9x.jpg
    BKFULYb.jpg
    r9cr271.jpg
    OoKzjPl.jpg
    jPoEqby.jpg
    X1ncxQu.jpg
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I didn't get a chance to comment last night, I was just too tired by the time we got home. I finally got the little one to bed, so I'm going to get my last gift uploaded then I'm really looking forward to catching up. From what I've glimpsed there are even more awesome things and they deserve a closer look.
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited April 2018
    To: @ciane
    Gift #3

I decided to present my gifts to you in the opposite of the order they were made. So this last gift was the first to be done. It was the idea I was most excited about during initial planning. I admit to having done some stalking of your gameplay activity, through which I discovered you have played many Renovacy Challenges recently. I hope that means that you enjoy them, because for your final gift, I present to you a Renovacy Challenge:

Fix the Nix Renovacy - https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212852

27923148398_dd23ef5e4b_c.jpg

Here is their story:
    Darius Talbot and Mariel Nix met on the beach.

41749559232_9a08247f86_c.jpg

They had a shared love of the sea. He was an adventurous sailor, she a kind fisherwoman. They met by the shore often and it soon became apparent that they both felt the ripples in their heart when they looked at each other.

Their occassional coincidental meetings became more frequent and purposeful. They talked and joked and always there was that draw, a tug like undertow, pulling them together.

26923145557_d68da366e9_c.jpg

After what seemed like forever, Darius gathered his courage and kissed Mariel. She thought she would swoon as the tide of emotions washed over her.
    26923146677_55cb4c685f_c.jpg

Their romance was a slow one. Darius was often gone for long periods of time on voyages, but Mariel was happy to wait for his return because there was no one else she would rather have by her side. She never worried that he wouldn't return or he'd fall for some exotic beauty on his travels. It was in his eyes every time he looked at her, a love as deep and vast as the sea.

26923147867_4a6a3feb58_c.jpg

When at long last they decided to make it official, their wedding was a small, private one. They had little money between them, but that had never gotten in the way of their happiness. They exchanged vows and bands on the beach, in the same place where they had met all that time ago, as the sun set behind them.

26923148717_4384f5f1d2_c.jpg
    26923149527_2d0acf0d41_c.jpg

A predictable length of time after their wedding, Mariel found out she was pregnant.

26923151167_3f3c153ccb_c.jpg

The couple were overjoyed. They wanted to share their lives and have a family together. This was the first step.

26923152497_8fb4154e65_c.jpg

Finances became tighter as they prepared for their incoming little one. They weren't worried, though. So long as they were together, they knew they could make it work. They didn't need luxuries when they had each other.
    Before they knew it, the day had come and they welcomed their twin daughters, Abigail and Gabrielle into their lives.

26923163527_41601ccc38_c.jpg

Time flew by and the twins became toddlers. Mariel did her best to keep up with them and teach them everything the needed to learn while Darius was away.

40892401375_82d1940d49_c.jpg

Though she missed him when he was away, the long times apart made for warm welcomes home.

40892403215_fa4b06aff2_c.jpg

Mariel found out she was pregnant again. While they were happy to have their family continue to grow, they knew they needed to find a new place to live. They had been living in a small, one bedroom cabin rented from Darius' captain. The girls were going to outgrow their cribs soon and with another little one on the way, there just wasn't enough room anymore.

It soon became apparent that they didn't have enough money to buy any of the houses on the market. They were running out of time. Then Darius announced he had to leave on another voyage. Though Mariel wanted to beg him to stay, she knew they needed the income. He promised it would be a short one, that he would return soon and have a surprise for her. So she wished him farewell with a heavy heart, but he looked at her with that love in his eyes and she felt reassured.

40892410445_65201d7b1a_c.jpg

But he wasn't back by the time their son, Cameron was born.

40892414675_2e5308b0e5_c.jpg

Cameron's first birthday had come and gone when she finally got word. His ship had gone missing, presumably sunk in a terrible storm that had come up near the end of the voyage. She fell to tears, feeling adrift herself, with no port in sight. Now how was she going to raise her children? How could she keep going without her beloved at her side?

40892418985_41efb02a8b_c.jpg

The next day brought more bad news in the form of a phone call. They were being evicted. The cabin belonged to the captain, who was also presumed dead. It, and all his other property, was being reclaimed by the bank that had funded the voyage to recoup their losses.

40892422015_f677c87917_c.jpg

It was Abigail who checked the mail and discovered the solution to their problems, or so it seemed. A large envelope from a law office in Bridgeport, it contained the information from Darius' will. He'd left no parting message for the family he left behind. But there was a deed to a small property outside of town. Mariel wasn't familiar with the address, but she was quick to get together her children and their few belongings and depart for their new home.

40892425955_2b2ca8d97f_c.jpg

When she laid eyes on the property, she almost turned around to go back.

41749590532_4f7970a2d9_c.jpg

The former lighthouse had clearly been abandoned for long years. The crudely-patched walls and trash-strewn grounds spoke of squatters and vagrants.

She knew her husband, though, and thought she could see what he had dreamed for the place. Cleaned up and properly repaired, it would make a lovely home. She gazed up at the broken tower and imagined it as it must have been once, shining out, a beacon to those lost at sea. This would be her beacon of hope. And one day, she would make sure that beacon shone for the world to see once again.

For those unfamiliar with the Renovacy Challenge, it is a renovation-focused challenge that was made by @SamelaRita. The rules and other information can be found here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920867/the-renovacy-challenge-a-new-and-short-challenge/p1
    @fleshjenn

Oh no weird! The spiral staircase I used was the only one available in base game (the only one I have!) It should be right next to the kitchen. Not sure how that escaped the download file!!! Sorry!

@KhemKat19

The House is so cute! I love the look from the outside, and it looks like the interior has a lot of really pretty decorating done... The water features and the layout look awesome!!

And the casino! Prissy got her Casino, yay!!!!! I LOVE the bits above the pool, Thats so cool! And the view from the back is awesome, with all the open space, and the smaller buildings on the left side of the pool... a lot to take in and marvel at!
    @DinoJr lol no worries, it was an easy fix. it just seemed a little odd that it was missing and not replaced with one of the ones I have installed.

@KaytayRoall Wow! lol I found my next Renovacy. @ciane is going to have to forgive me for stealing that wonderful creation. I absolute love lighthouses and my fingers are itching explore.

I have been trying to go back and look and recommend all the wonderful gifts everyone has created. sadly my internet has been a real hassle all night, one of the many downsides to living out on the city limits. I really wish I had done daily reviews like the rest of you, its so overwhelming trying to take it all in at once lol.
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited April 2018
    Whew! Gifting done! I underestimated how long it would take me to pull the presentation together for that last one...

I've hardly even skimmed the thread in the last couple days. I hope to be able to go back through and comment in more depth on all the incredible gifts given. But maybe tomorrow... Also thank you to everyone for the kind words about my own creations and my collaborative work with Dino! :)

@fleshjenn Awww! Jacob and Jeni are so cute! And I'm tickled you used another of my sims for their backstory! If I remember correctly, Clover was actually made for another gift exchange... Anyway, thank you so much! For all the bitter-sweetness of it, I love their backstory and all the pictures you took of them together. <3 I can't wait to get them into my game and see if I can help them find some happiness despite their loss and the resulting difficulties.

Also, wow! Thank you for the Jaded Duchess! It's amazing and perfect! <3 I knew I wanted Elena to live on a houseboat, but was kind of dreading making one myself. They're so hard to do well. But this one looks fantastic! I love the colors and the big, greenhouse windows and top! The layout looks great, too, especially those tiered decks. I love the cockpit (is that the right word for a boat steering place? I don't know the right terminology lol)! I can't wait to get this in my game and explore it even more thoroughly. Thank you so much for the amazing journey and all the new opportunities and fun you've introduced to my game. :)
    @KhemKat19 : Oh my goodness, that ranch house is lovely! Your studio is empty, yet I have trouble believing that you could possibly be a beginning builder, because there are way too many things I see in that which look like they had to have been done with CFE. (I'm still very nervous and wary about using CFE myself, but I'm not even close to being an advanced builder.) There are some things I looked at in the pictures, and realized that I had never thought they would go so well together!

I love how you got the roof pieces in there. I'm a real sucker for those roof pieces. :) The house is so luxurious, you know this isn't a working ranch. It's a luxury ranch for rich folks. :) (And for very lucky Sims!)

I like the look of the resort you did. I haven't played much with a resort in the game (and I've never had a Sim own one), but that one at least looks like it would be fun for Sims to hang around and do things in. You've done some things in it that I wouldn't have thought to try, and it makes me want to at the very least download it and study it in my game, if I can.

The resort is the build, however, that Addy is having the most trouble with, so it may end up not being uploadable at all. I know you and she are working on it, but if it ends up not being possible, please don't stress over it.

@KaytayRoall: A renovacy, huh? I like the idea of it, but I would personally end up breaking the rules so many times I couldn't do it. :) But I still like the idea of it, so I think I'm going to download your family and TRY. And probably just go my own way and cheat way too much. :D. Plus, the story you told was such a sad one that I want to play them and make them end up all happy again.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @KhemKat19 and the rest of the Buddies:

Got the gift house to work and sent that file over so hopefully Kat can upload it.
    Resort is still a no go so an email plus PM were sent with steps on something to try and if successful to re-send it to me for further testing.
    Step by step, we're getting there.

While I wait on those results ... back to picking up where I last left off and getting things caught up on the front page etc.
    edited April 2018
    Dear @suzses,

It saddens me that today is the last gifting day because it has been such a treat. To adhere to the rules and only gift one thing a day, I had to scrap one of my gifts for you. It was hard to choose which to give you but ultimately I went with the one that was the most fun for me to make. It's been so fun being your buddy, there were so many ideas, overthinking of said ideas, more discarded shells than a restaurant serving brunch but hopefully you will enjoy the gifts as much as I enjoyed making them.

Without further ado I would like to present to you gift 4

Siren's Call

30x40 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath Seaside Home
    (Built at Sandy Shore, Surf Island, Isla Paradiso.)

tumblr_p7zadkJZ1R1x95scjo5_r1_1280.jpg

Downstairs
    Tearoom
    tumblr_p7za09jXvO1x95scjo4_1280.jpg
    Living Room
    tumblr_p7za09jXvO1x95scjo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p7zadkJZ1R1x95scjo2_1280.jpg
    Study
    tumblr_p7za09jXvO1x95scjo5_1280.jpg
    Kitchen
    tumblr_p7zadkJZ1R1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    Also laundry room and half bath

Deck/Dock Area
    Vegetable and Kelp Garden
    tumblr_p7zadkJZ1R1x95scjo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p7za09jXvO1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    Sitting Area
    tumblr_p7za09jXvO1x95scjo2_1280.jpg
    Dock and Hottub
    tumblr_p7za09jXvO1x95scjo3_1280.jpg

Upstairs 2 Bedrooms with shared bath
    Master
    tumblr_p7za09jXvO1x95scjo8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p7za09jXvO1x95scjo9_1280.jpg

Children's/Guest Room
    tumblr_p7za09jXvO1x95scjo7_1280.jpg
    But who would live in a home like this?
    tumblr_p7zc8iojcj1x95scjo1_1280.jpg

Serena Morgan

Her traits are; Loves to Swim, Flirty, Loves the Outdoors, Athletic and Lucky. Her Lifetime wish it to become a Deep Sea Diver.

tumblr_p7zc8iojcj1x95scjo2_r1_1280.jpg

Notes:

It gave me an error message when I tried to upload her from CAS, so she is uploaded as a family with enough funds to buy her home.
    I know her formal-wear is technically meant for a plantsim but it looked so pretty with her scales.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited April 2018
    Oh wow! I LOVE it, @KaytayRoall. You know I'm going to have to play it as soon as possible. I wonder if I can have three games going at the same time? I'm going to grow up those toddlers next time I'm in game for Addy's challenge. I think they can wait a bit, right? I can just load a different game each day. Uh, what you put me through! I am glad that the twins are already children and there is only one toddler in your version. And, I absolutely LOVE that old lighthouse with that awesome tower! I've already downloaded it from first sight on my page earlier. I wasn't sure if you planned to join in the reno challenges or not, but I knew, whether this was meant for me or not, that it would be mine!!! Thank you so much @KaytayRoall, you couldn't have made me happier. I love a story and I love a challenge!

@Catdog123 - I love that tower. I love how open it is so that you can see what all the sims are doing. I too love those flower lamps. They are perfect among flowers! And I too love that first pic of the back of the building with the flowers. I'm glad it played well for you. I actually set my lot to no visitors and worried someone would get to the tombs before I finished upgrading everything!

@fleshjenn - What a great idea to use the garden roof for the boat. I love its shape and the furnishings you chose! It is epic!

@Idontrcall - Ah yes, I do remember the problems with that variegated vase. It too has a pattern that comes with it. I tested it out with recolors to see if it would upload whether the file was in dcbackup or not. It seemed to upload both ways okay for me and showed up as expected in others games. But I do install the patterns first before installing anything else so they are in my 0.ebc file. AND, it wasn't included in a lot that time. I think you may have solved a problem. I really, really hope so. Did you use that vase in your builds @KhemKat19?

@MiaSkywalker and @ADWilson did you see the comment by @Idontrcall earlier? Hoping it might be something like that!

@Jessabeans - Another perfectly lovely home. I really, really love the garden so much. I want a perfect little garden like that with lavender on the sides and tall plants against the house. I have mounds for my cantaloupe spaced so far apart and though I made kind of nice rows for my green beans, you really can't tell that. But, back to your build, what's not to love?! Great color scheme and a nice relaxing beachy feel to it all.

@KhemKat19 - Wow! You have been really busy! Hopefully you can get that issue with the resort worked out and hopefully you can get the house uploaded now. You truly have a lot of building skill and didn't need me to make you anything! I loved the cabana area looking out over the water in the resort the most. I would love to be there! I also love the landscaping, garden areas, and wonderful place to relax the most in your first build. I guess I just love being outdoors! I also really loved that soft yellow color on the walls inside. I have such a difficult time getting yellow to look good. I'll be sending you positive thoughts and hope, hope, hope that your issues get resolved.
    @jessabeans: Oh my, what a lovely seaside home! The colors feel so right for a home of this type! The wide windows, the light colors, the airy spaces, the decor, it all works so well. (Sadly, I've been to homes of people who live right on the beach, and they just as frequently live in cramped quarters, with dark colors, and their curtains often shut.) I know if I were house shopping - and could afford it - and saw something like this, I would want to live in it. :)

I've seen your build thread, and I've been impressed with your style for a while. It is very clear that you have talents for a wide variety of styles, and this shows it again. :)
    *smacks forehead* I don't know why I completely forgot to mention this:

@Catdog123, @jessabeans, @KaytayRoall: All uploads have been checked and rec'd, and all are CC free. :)
    @Jessabeans

I love all the nautical themes and colors in this build! And the two gardens are cooler than I first realized... Kaytay explained the importance of kelp when playing a mermaid... super thoughtful to add a garden of it! I love the elegance of the kitchen! And the colors are perfect <3
    edited April 2018
    *smacks forehead* I don't know why I completely forgot to mention this:

@Catdog123, @jessabeans, @KaytayRoall: All uploads have been checked and rec'd, and all are CC free. :)

I edited my post and added a sim to the bottom if you didn't see it for custard checking. She's here.
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    I edited my post and added a sim to the bottom if you didn't see it for custard checking. She's here.
    You're right, I hadn't. Now she's been rec'd, checked, and CC free.

I have never played a mermaid before. I might just have to try her. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top