Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Crashing! Fixed!

GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
I'm one of those players who was anxiously awaiting Laundry Day. Learned this morning it was dropping at 10:00 AM Pacific Time, and that at the time, I still had about an hour to go. Got myself busy and the time flew by. I was just playing moments before, whilst I waited, thinking I had to go through that little plumbob icon that used to pulsate whenever there was a new pack. When it seemed to be nowhere, I exited my game. I went in through Origin to purchase the SP. Got my confirmation email and went back in to Origin. Took me a moment to figure out what I was doing wrong with the whole download thing. It's all downloaded, but my game keeps crashing! I've tried three times, now. After the second time I removed my Mods folder, just in case. No dice. The game crashed anyway. Why is it crashing? And is anybody else having this problem?

Please, and thank you, in advance.
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
Post edited by GalacticGal on

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I'm having all sorts of problems since I loaded laundry pack. My sims won't move, when I go to build mode, they move, it's the worst pack I've ever seen. Riddled with bugs!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    I'm one of those players who was anxiously awaiting Laundry Day. Learned this morning it was dropping at 10:00 AM Pacific Time, and that at the time, I still had about an hour to go. Got myself busy and the time flew by. I was just playing moments before, whilst I waited, thinking I had to go through that little plumbob icon that used to pulsate whenever there was a new pack. When it seemed to be nowhere, I exited my game. I went in through Origin to purchase the SP. Got my confirmation email and went back in to Origin. Took me a moment to figure out what I was doing wrong with the whole download thing. It's all downloaded, but my game keeps crashing! I've tried three times, now. After the second time I removed my Mods folder, just in case. No dice. The game crashed anyway. Why is it crashing? And is anybody else having this problem?

- Having you tried repairing your game?

- If repairing doesn't fix it - Is there a LastCrash.txt in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 ? If so, could you send that over?
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    I'm having all sorts of problems since I loaded laundry pack. My sims won't move, when I go to build mode, they move, it's the worst pack I've ever seen. Riddled with bugs!

Are you using mods/cc? If so, does it still occur when all mods/cc are removed? Also, have you tried repairing your game?
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
    SimQARobo wrote: »

- Having you tried repairing your game?

- If repairing doesn't fix it - Is there a LastCrash.txt in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 ? If so, could you send that over?

I just came back here to update this thread. Since I've already removed my Mods folder, thinking that was the problem, and it was still crashing. I decided to go back into Origin and do the repair game. Seems to be working at the moment. When, and if, I get daring, I'll put my Mods folder back in. Thank you, for All of Your responses! Happy Simming!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Kooch62Kooch62 Posts: 4 New Member
    okay so dirty clothes piles are supposed to form after a sim takes a bath right? so far I've had nothing come up and the amount of last exceptions I've had come up have been RELENTLESS...do you absolutely NEED a washer for dirty clothes to form or can you use the scrubbing tub?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Kooch62 wrote: »
    okay so dirty clothes piles are supposed to form after a sim takes a bath right? so far I've had nothing come up and the amount of last exceptions I've had come up have been RELENTLESS...do you absolutely NEED a washer for dirty clothes to form or can you use the scrubbing tub?

Dirty clothes only form if you have any laundry items on your lot. They'll pile up on the floor if your sims have the lazy or slob traits, or if there's no hamper. Otherwise they automatically go to the hamper.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LovelyLydiaLovelyLydia Posts: 2 New Member
    My game crashes almost every time that I leave the home lot or go into cas, I have some cc and I don't want to delete it. Can I get some kind of help with this? I cant enjoy the game anymore
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    My game crashes almost every time that I leave the home lot or go into cas, I have some cc and I don't want to delete it. Can I get some kind of help with this? I cant enjoy the game anymore

It sounds like some of your CC is no longer compatible with the game because of a game update. You could figure out which CC is no longer going to be possible to use, no matter how much you like it, by adding it back in gradually. Some CC you can update yourself in Sims 4 Studio.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • stephie1996stephie1996 Posts: 14 New Member
    The game works fine on my computer, which has CC. It freezes up after about 5-10 minutes on my kids' computer though, which has no CC. They didn't have that issue before I installed Laundry Day :(
  • AnatnakiAnatnaki Posts: 4 New Member
    So basically, I open my game, wait for it to load, click on play and it takes me to the worlds. But every time I click on my household it loads for a little while then crashes. I do have CC and I removed all the ones that people said were out of date or broken and I don't want to remove any more. I already tried repairing the game too. Can someone help me with this? Thank you! :)
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Anatnaki wrote: »
    So basically, I open my game, wait for it to load, click on play and it takes me to the worlds. But every time I click on my household it loads for a little while then crashes. I do have CC and I removed all the ones that people said were out of date or broken and I don't want to remove any more. I already tried repairing the game too. Can someone help me with this? Thank you! :)
    Anatnaki wrote: »

I hate to tell you but more cc may have been broken than what made the list(s) in the forums. So the only way to know for sure is to remove your mods folder entirely, restart your game, choose a household and see if the problem remains. If not you can start replacing your mods and cc using the 50/50 method until you narrow down the culprit.
  • SimsGeek45SimsGeek45 Posts: 8 New Member
    My sims 4 game keeps crashing when i go to CAS and click add a new sim or randomize it crashes. Then wehen when i play with a new sims it goes regular for like 3 minutes then crashes if you can help ill send you my lastcrash txt
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    SimsGeek45 wrote: »
    My sims 4 game keeps crashing when i go to CAS and click add a new sim or randomize it crashes. Then wehen when i play with a new sims it goes regular for like 3 minutes then crashes if you can help ill send you my lastcrash txt

Hello @SimsGeek45
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testingy after each one to see which is the causes of the issue.Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    > @rosemow said:
    > SimsGeek45 wrote: »
    >
    > My sims 4 game keeps crashing when i go to CAS and click add a new sim or randomize it crashes. Then wehen when i play with a new sims it goes regular for like 3 minutes then crashes if you can help ill send you my lastcrash txt
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @SimsGeek45
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testingy after each one to see which is the causes of the issue.Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

I did that and its still crashing.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > My sims 4 game keeps crashing when i go to CAS and click add a new sim or randomize it crashes. Then wehen when i play with a new sims it goes regular for like 3 minutes then crashes if you can help ill send you my lastcrash txt
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @SimsGeek45
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testingy after each one to see which is the causes of the issue.Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

I did that and its still crashing.

Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > SimsGeek45 wrote: »
    > >
    > > My sims 4 game keeps crashing when i go to CAS and click add a new sim or randomize it crashes. Then wehen when i play with a new sims it goes regular for like 3 minutes then crashes if you can help ill send you my lastcrash txt
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @SimsGeek45
    > > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testingy after each one to see which is the causes of the issue.Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    >
    > I did that and its still crashing.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    > To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    > Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    > You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    > Type dxdiag in the text field
    > Click OK
    > Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    >
    > After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site
    > and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    > Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.

it wont let me
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > My sims 4 game keeps crashing when i go to CAS and click add a new sim or randomize it crashes. Then wehen when i play with a new sims it goes regular for like 3 minutes then crashes if you can help ill send you my lastcrash txt
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @SimsGeek45
    > > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testingy after each one to see which is the causes of the issue.Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    >
    > I did that and its still crashing.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    > To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    > Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    > You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    > Type dxdiag in the text field
    > Click OK
    > Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    >
    > After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site
    > and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    > Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.

it wont let me

Because you are a new member, you can’t post links. But as a workaround, instead of the http at the start of the pastebin link , remove that and type h.t.t.p instead.
    h.t.t.p//pastebin.com/archive/text
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > SimsGeek45 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > My sims 4 game keeps crashing when i go to CAS and click add a new sim or randomize it crashes. Then wehen when i play with a new sims it goes regular for like 3 minutes then crashes if you can help ill send you my lastcrash txt
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello @SimsGeek45
    > > > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testingy after each one to see which is the causes of the issue.Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    > >
    > > I did that and its still crashing.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    > > To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    > > Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    > > You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    > > Type dxdiag in the text field
    > > Click OK
    > > Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    > >
    > > After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site
    > > and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    > > Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
    >
    >
    >
    > it wont let me
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Because you are a new member, you can’t post links. But as a workaround, instead of the http at the start of the pastebin link , remove that and type h.t.t.p instead.

I am sorry :( but that link doesn’t go to your own DXDiag information @SimsGeek45
    It may be easier to copy and paste the DXDiag information directly into posts here in this thread. It will take multiple posts.

> @rosemow said:
    >
    > h.t.t.p//pastebin.com/archive/text
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry :( but that link doesn’t go to your own DXDiag information @SimsGeek45
    > It may be easier to copy and paste the DXDiag information directly into posts here in this thread. It will take multiple posts.

My account is simmercrazy
    h.t.t.p//pastebin.com/Cd5WT0zx
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > h.t.t.p//pastebin.com/archive/text
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry :( but that link doesn’t go to your own DXDiag information @SimsGeek45
    > It may be easier to copy and paste the DXDiag information directly into posts here in this thread. It will take multiple posts.

My account is simmercrazy
    h.t.t.p//pastebin.com/Cd5WT0zx

https://pastebin.com/Cd5WT0zx

Hello
    I will tag @phoebebebe13 to look at your DXDiag info when she next comes onto the forums. She knows more about AMD systems.
    It would also be best to go to the HP site, search for your computer model, and update your graphics drivers.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > h.t.t.p//pastebin.com/archive/text
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I am sorry :( but that link doesn’t go to your own DXDiag information @SimsGeek45
    > > It may be easier to copy and paste the DXDiag information directly into posts here in this thread. It will take multiple posts.
    >
    >
    > My account is simmercrazy
    > h.t.t.p//pastebin.com/Cd5WT0zx
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I will tag @phoebebebe13 to look at your DXDiag info when she next comes onto the forums. She knows more about AMD systems.
    > It would also be best to go to the HP site, search for your computer model, and update your graphics drivers.

ok thanks for the help
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > h.t.t.p//pastebin.com/archive/text
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I am sorry :( but that link doesn’t go to your own DXDiag information @SimsGeek45
    > > It may be easier to copy and paste the DXDiag information directly into posts here in this thread. It will take multiple posts.
    >
    >
    > My account is simmercrazy
    > h.t.t.p//pastebin.com/Cd5WT0zx
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I will tag @phoebebebe13 to look at your DXDiag info when she next comes onto the forums. She knows more about AMD systems.
    > It would also be best to go to the HP site, search for your computer model, and update your graphics drivers.

ok thanks for the help

You’re welcome. I am sorry that you are having the crashing issues.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > SimsGeek45 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > h.t.t.p//pastebin.com/archive/text
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > I am sorry :( but that link doesn’t go to your own DXDiag information @SimsGeek45
    > > > It may be easier to copy and paste the DXDiag information directly into posts here in this thread. It will take multiple posts.
    > >
    > >
    > > My account is simmercrazy
    > > h.t.t.p//pastebin.com/Cd5WT0zx
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > I will tag @phoebebebe13 to look at your DXDiag info when she next comes onto the forums. She knows more about AMD systems.
    > > It would also be best to go to the HP site, search for your computer model, and update your graphics drivers.
    >
    >
    > ok thanks for the help
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You’re welcome. I am sorry that you are having the crashing issues.

Eh, nobody's game is perfect i guess