Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    The gift pile on the front page is updated to this point => . <= and all gifts are CC Free.
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    @MiaSkywalker I am late as usually but I wanted to stop in and comment on my gift you posted. I LOVE it! Your builds have always been some of my favorites, and your hiding little goodies and surprises into your build always makes for fun play! I can not wait to play around with horses more, this build is stunning and I love all of the little extras you added into it. I do indeed know how everything has to be just right or it will not do, the struggle is real! ;) I am still working on getting my gift up for my buddy so I do not want to ramble too long and leave my buddy waiting any longer then I have to so I am going to close for now and will post more when I allow myself to get into game with my new gift! Thank you so very much and also .....

And as far as the killer bunny .... Monty Python's The Holy Grail FTW! ;)
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited April 2018
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    And as far as the killer bunny .... Monty Python's The Holy Grail FTW! ;)
    Nope nope nope! She wrote the book that the character is in in the early 90s, so it was after Holy Grail, so she MIGHT have gotten the idea for the name of the character from that, but... nope. :)

It's a bit more obscure than that, as it isn't from any sort of movie or TV show.

And I'm still working on the presentation for today's gift for you, which I will finish after I finish writing up my comments for everyone else's gifts! :D.
    edited April 2018
    Have finally caught up on today's gifts (so far), because I didn't get home from class until noon. Haven't even finished the presentation for my gift for today (my computer stopped cooperating with me last night, and I eventually gave up and went to bed), so I must get to that, but I want to comment on some things first.

@Ciane: What a lovely little tudor! Yes, that fits in perfectly with Dragon Valley. I think it would work well in some other towns as well. I like the open plan of the kitchen, dining, and living area. I also like that little covered area outside the house. There are all kinds of things one can do with that. :)

@suzses: Oh, what a wonderful house! A great complement to Clare's. Yes, you're right - it's unlikely that anyone on that road would have gone far for materials, so chances are all the houses would use similar materials at least. I don't always think of that, but in medieval villages (and obviously in earlier times as well), people couldn't exactly travel far for building materials. You're also right that I wouldn't bother with toddler skilling items. I often put in a baby potty just so that if an NPC is having a party that I'm attending, any toddler that lives there won't have an... erm... emergency. :p I don't even generally bother with high chairs in my builds, since you can always feed toddlers on the floor with a bottle. And they take up space. And I'm lazy. :p

Using archways with curtains instead of doors is a great idea! It sure would save a lot of space in a build, and it looks great. The outside has great curb appeal, which is awesome, and exactly what I'm looking for for that area. :) The pond and chickens are a perfect touch; it means that the people living there could live a truly sustainable lifestyle. :)

Hacton Cruck looks very interesting. It's making my hands itch to try making it. :)

@MsPrissy88: Those Sims are really neat! I love the Opposites Attract idea. I think I'm particularly drawn to Deidre, just because she's so interesting. :)

@jessabeans: I love both of those mods you mentioned. Aren't they great? :)

@DinoJr: What a cute little house! Yes, it's a good thing Kaelyn is about to get some help. :)

@Kgaff: What a nice home, and... three cribs?!? I know, 100 baby challenge, but... three cribs? *falls over* All those babies to take care of! (I had a couple who had quads once inadvertently. After a Sim day of it, I used Nraas to age them to toddlers, because I couldn't stand it. :p ) You know what they say: A baby is God's way of telling you that you've been getting too much sleep. ;)

@Kgaff: I really like the idea of the Ink Nook. I love to read while eating outside, and this combines all three. Except that you can't eat and read at the same time in Sims. :p The park area is really beautiful. You did a great job with the flowers.

@jessabeans: I really love the spa you made, especially the inside of it. That spiny vine wallpaper really gives the right vibe. I love how you made that area look like a clothing store. I think my favorite area may be the outside, with the hot tubs and fountain. Totally love it!

ETA: Oh! Every one of these gifts has been checked with custard and are completely clean, and have been rec'd, favorited, and awesomed. :)
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on
    @MiaSkywalker Ah, my bad - when I think of killer bunny that was the first thing that came to mind. So what is the reference from?
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited April 2018
    Dear @KaytayRoall

Hello new friend. Its been a busy couple of weeks for me and I had to redo my gifts plans a time or two. After reading your letter and wrting down a few ideas of what you might want, I took a look in your studio at the things you like to create. I really enjoyed seeing your building style and I took quite a few items for use in my own game.
    I hope you enjoy the ideas I came up with.

I have 3 small gifts for you today, and 2 more larger gifts that still need pictures and final touches so I hope to get them completed and posted this weekend after I tend to some personal business.

Elena Feliciano : https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212206

MudSplat Ludwig: https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212205

Rorschach Feenix: https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212204

My first gift to you is a Genie named Elena Feliciano. I love playing with genies! Their simple magic tricks are so handy and save you so much time in the game. Dirty House got you down? with a snap of the fingers your sims home will be sparkly clean in an instant! Tummy got the grumblys? Ala-Ka-Zam! instant meal in hand.

Now I did notice you mentioned you like Sunlit Tides, but you also mentioned wanting to possibly explore other parts of the game. So with that in mind i chose her traits and backstory to fit in with a nice quiet island life, but with the possibility of maybe exploring Isla Paradisio and giving Suba Diving a try. It may not be the most lucrative career, but the views are breathtaking and there is tons of surprises to find.

screenshot-22.jpg
    screenshot-21.jpg
    screenshot-11.jpg
    screenshot-15.jpg
    screenshot-19.jpg

One of my favorite things to do in game is play with the genetics in CAS mode. You had mentioned restarting a 100 Foal Challenge. I myself had attempted one back in 2011 and had a lot of fun with it till my save became unplayable. I still have several of my Horses from that challenge in my studio and when I saw your Pollox Feenix in yours it gave me my next idea!

screenshot-17.jpg

This First guy is called MudSplat Ludwig, named for the wonderful pattern on his foreleg. MudSplat is the result of genetic engineering of Rorschach Feenix and Apocalypse Ludwig.

screenshot-18.jpg.
    Rorschach Feenix is the result of genetic engineering of your Pollox Feenix and my Crashe Ludwig. The name was chosen because her coat looks like an inkblot test.
    Post edited by fleshjenn on
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Love the horses names @fleshjenn and genies FTW!
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes some much as been going on in real life lately that i have been on quite the emotional rollercoaster.

@DinoJr I have only had a moment to glance at your gifts but I am quite excited to get back tomoroww and take a proper look about. Thank you so much!
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited April 2018
    HI GUYS!!! Just popping in, as me and my cousin will be going out tonight for some fun, karaoke singing!!

Any way.... @DinoJr!!! I am SOOOO happy you love your sims!! And I'm also glad I was able to surprise you with their new clothes. (( I'll bet *that* caught you off-guard )) So, let's see -- you got a new house to play in, and some new sims to put IN the house, and clothes to dress them up right! I'd say that was very well worth me "coming back". ;):)

Ok. I'll check back in some time over the weekend, or next week. I'm gonna need a few days to recuperate.

OH!!!!! And if anyone here likes Bon Jovi, HE IS COMING TO MILWAUKEE ON SUNDAY!!! Me and my cousin have our tickets, and we're gonna be ROCKIN' the joint!! **I think i'm gonna need more than a few days to recuperate. lol
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited April 2018
    @fleshjenn: That genie is beautiful, and genies really are so much fun to play! The download link for her didn't work for me, although the two horses did. (Both horses checked clean with Custard.) I'm not sure what's going on with that; is anyone else having a problem with it?

I love the two horses - what interesting and lovely patterns they both have!
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    @fleshjenn I came home from work, and went into the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee... Kaytay was at her computer in the other room. I heard a loud gasp, and she came running into the kitchen and literally jumped up and down.... SO much excitement!!

That was her reaction to your gift today. Well done <3<3<3
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Jessabeans Okay Gift 2 is all packaged up and ready to go. You know I learned today that no matter how much you look around in your sims 2 folder you are not going to find your sims 3 screenshots lol.

I have been nervous to unveil this gift as I kind of went on a creative tangent but I really wanted to make you a unique community lot for Aurora Skies. For gift 2 of 4 I present to you Fire and Ice:

41744820491_e2bf915d90_b.jpg

Download Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212241

I was talking to a friend of mine and he was talking about how neat it would be to have a ship that's been converted into a night club so that's how this lot came to be. The lore behind it is that its an old beached viking ship that has been converted into a posh nightclub and restaurant. Creating the shape of the boat was very challenging but I think it looks similar to a viking ship. Those curved pillars from the venue of amore keep coming in handy for me lol. The mast was also interesting to create, I kept trying to use curtains then face palmed when I remembered tent pieces which also come with roping. It was quite a bit of fun trying to make a beached boat and glaciers and making the boat look like its on fire. I really went on a creative tangent lol but it was so much fun to make. The fire features are probably my favorite part of the lot which can be found inside of boat and lining the decking. I wanted you to have a fun lot for you sims to go on dates and group outings with friends. The lot has a dance floor, a bar, two ITF waiters, fire pits, shuffleboard and plenty of tables to eat at. I used the food generating machines from into the future on the lot, I was so happy when I first found out they spawn human waiters when outside of the future and have been using them a lot lately.

Here is some more screenshots:
    40845546865_504c0ee29c_b.jpg
    40845548865_f1a40bfd74_b.jpg

I think it looks best at night. :smile:

40845555915_e1cb1396c2_b.jpg
    27875781058_758b703630_b.jpg
    27875761928_643ee48cfc_b.jpg
    40845553155_3562d9d0fb_b.jpg
    26876575707_69060f839d_b.jpg
    40845556585_3a5623c1dc_b.jpg

Man small bathrooms are hard to photograph.

And a few game play pictures, my avatar and his friends got to come out and play for a bit along with a few new faces like @MsPrissy88 new sims.
    40845551445_55bcbf3115_b.jpg
    27875760088_cc5f49ded7_b.jpg

Well Cody anyway..., Deidre was on the lot but she kept moving out of the way of screenshots lol. I know your a little bit of a rebel but dang girl.

One thing that doesn't always seem to stick for me when uploading a club is the setting for the gobos. In my pictures I set them to snowflake shape, blue color and random movements.

I really hope you enjoy this gift. And stay tuned for the next 2! :smiley:
    Post edited by Catdog123 on
    Siggy_4.jpg
    @fleshjenn

Unfortunately, the link for Elena Feliciano is incorrect in your gift post. It needs to be changed to
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212206
    Heading out to visit mother-in-law and then grab dinner so I'll be back later. Bye for now :)
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    @Kgaff Another amazing gift from the brigade, I'm really looking forward to having some simming time. :smiley: The circular bookshelf with the lamp in the middle looks awesome I must say. That's such a creative detail I may have to borrow sometime. The kids activity area is adorable, I love those chairs and cant wait to bring some of my families here. Loving have a spot for toddlers in family friendly community lots. I love that wrap around stone chair that the tree is growing out of. I never thought to use those as stone seating before and you landscaping is beautiful as always. :) Also loving the purple awnings and umbrellas and that frog fountain is one of my favorite decor pieces in sims 3. So i'm really excited to see that. :smiley: The awning over the coffee vendor is a really nice realistic touch. Your public lots always look so realistic to me.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited April 2018
    To: @ciane
    Gift #2

You saw the teasers in yesterday's pictures, so I won't keep you waiting to present you with:

The Modern Executive - https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212360

41745500851_74296a1937_c.jpg

First Floor

41745503241_0574c0b3a5_c.jpg

41027612074_5b466e2527_c.jpg

41745504571_a88fbf7def_c.jpg

41027615324_684a4babe4_c.jpg

41745506281_c1069a748e_c.jpg

Second Floor

41027621034_9c8fecb5a2_c.jpg

41745507591_6b1fedb447_c.jpg

41027623544_bc36fed36b_c.jpg

41745509101_4f1217cacb_c.jpg

Roof

39937958200_fcdfb89b5e_c.jpg

39937959820_bd467820ff_c.jpg

Floorplans

39937962160_9e810386a4_c.jpg

39937964090_bb3917e147_c.jpg

39937966730_1172727e45_c.jpg

Pictures were taken with the house placed at 180 Redwood Parkway in Sunset Valley, but it was built on a 20x20, hopefully giving you maximum freedom for where to place it. Hope you enjoy!
    Post edited by KaytayRoall on
    @ciane

Truly Tudorish is so cute! Also I love all the green in the decorating... its the best color ever. I like the general shape of the building quite a bit too, its fun and different! ALSO I think your design took the inspiration pic and improved upon it soooo much! also @KhemKat19 can always borrow Alejandro... upgrading things IS his specialty ;)

@suzses

Im downloading Fowlers roost, and putting Magnus in there right away. Imagine that big beautiful man chopping wood and carrying heavy things around this awesome little home! I love the one story design here, and it looks sooooo good!!! Oh, and the windows really stood out to me... soo cute!

@Kgaff

I love the use of fencing in the house to separate the dining room a bit! Very clever and it looks great! And WOW! Another massive house! I love the play and living areas too :-D I like how much thought you put into making this home really playable for your buddy's style <3

also the Ink Nook is beautiful and clever! Stealing that for my game :-)

@Jessabeans

What a fun build! Its like a perfect little Downtown mall area with a ton to do! I like that you packed so much into a relatively small space without making it look crowded :-) It looks like a city square from my home town of Nelson in BC Canada... So cool!!!

@fleshjenn

Love the diamond tattoos on the genie, and the horses! Obviously I love this gift, after seeing KayTays reaction! I would LOVE to download this, but I dont have pets or... genies? Hopefully soon!!! Also, Im glad you like the gifts so far! I hope when you get a chance to really use them they continue to bring you joy :-D

@Catdog123

I LOVE THIS. Sooooooooooo freaking cool! I wanted to build a pirate ship on water but couldnt figure out how to make it work, and now you've given me the template I need to get started!!! This is so cool! <3

@KaytayRoall

Again, I watched and loved every piece of this build as it came together. And you already know the living room is my favorite bit... so elegant in its simplicity. Its perfect!
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    *wanders by, grabs all the things* So much pretty! I don't know what to admire in game first!

@ciane I'm quite fond of Mediterranean houses myself, so naturally, I grabbed this for my game. Though chances are good I'll be admiring it in IP instead of ST. ;) I love all those greens and blues, with the wood tones! Really sets the tropical paradise feeling. And the lot size makes it even more awesome...hard to find attractive little houses on a 20x20 lot! (And most of the ones I have, don't really fit the tropical theme at all, being cabins and craftsman types for the most part.) Ack, I had to come back and add more, once I got to the part where you added Truly Tudorish. Love it! What a great inspiration picture! (Tudor houses are so difficult to realize in game, as I learned last gift exchange, lol) Great open floor plan, and so many bedrooms!

@ADWilson Really love the green and gray colors of the outside of Oak Arbor. And it looks so cozy inside, but still with room to add any little touches that fit the particular family's needs. And that zen garden sitting area outside looks so peaceful...wish we had somewhere like that at my house, but right now we have about 7 houses in close proximity that are in various stages of construction. Be a while before there's anything peaceful out there, lol!

@DinoJr The Torres family looks like a very content couple! Love the colors you used in their wardrobes. And gardening is one of the things my sims tend to do a lot of, so that's always a plus! What a quaint little farmhouse to go with them, too! Love the idea of them doing a reno on it!

@suzses Clare Cottage is great! Nice small lot size and will look wonderful in DV, as well as the world you designed it for. I really love that crib recolor...I'm going to have to go in and save that one to my preset styles. And yes, I had noticed that's where the fire alarms are in your builds. ;) Totally different feel with Blue Heron, but I love it too! Really like how the carport turned out, with those columns. And it will go well in many worlds, yay! Wow you were busy! Fowlers Roost is adorable! Love it! I anticipate lots of time spent in DV in the near future for me, lol.

@Kgaff Oooo, Victiorian! Great red color, and I love how the yard looks like a formal garden, with that hedge fence and the edged pathways. Lots of room for those kiddos, too! And I love the basement under the greenhouse...room for everything! The green bricks on Morakai Estate really make it stand out! So much color on the inside, too! And you can never have enough bookstores! (or books, though my husband would probably try arguing with me on that one...) The Ink Nook is adorable, great little spot for sims to hang out and read or catch up over coffee and a snack!

@Jessabeans That playhouse makes me envy the kid sims living there! (I never did get that treehouse I was promised, darn it!) And that French Country blue kitchen is awesome! And I've always loved those roof eaves decor items, so seeing them in a build is always great. Will definitely need to find a good place for this one, since I don't play in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 much these days! Love Vitality! Looks so relaxing, and I love the wallpaper you used in there. And the mermaid fountain, love that too!

@MiaSkywalker Yay, more fun roof pieces! Love how you did the multi-building thing, it really goes with the Medieval theme! Great little farm with setup for the horses!

@MsPrissy88 Love the hair you used on Deidre! And that purple is so dramatic on her, it looks great! Cody looks wonderful in all that blue! Adorable couple, looking forward to seeing their kids running around town playing with my legacy kids!

@Catdog123 I'm always on the lookout for more world-specific builds/families, and AS has always been one of my faves. The building into the rocks thing turned out great! That color scheme works wonderfully with the AS style, and I love the geeky gamer and ice sculptor fairies! (And hey, single guys, even better for my lady sims!) Thanks for uploading all three versions, since sometimes I just want a house and sometimes I just want the sims, and this way I can have everything! Oh, wow. A viking ship nightclub? Yes please! You did a great job getting it to look like a viking ship, and my sims are going to love it!

@KaytayRoall Gotta love those magic lamps! Looks like Justine has some excitement coming her way! Always nice to have more sims who've already gotten their degree (so I don't have to do it!) The Modern Executive is beautiful. I'm not usually a huge fan of the modern look, but you nailed it here. Love how you brought in the wood tones to kinda soften the modern edges!

@fleshjenn Genies are so much fun! And those horses! So very unique looking! (The comment about the inkblot test made me laugh...and you're right, that is what it looks like!)

I think I'm all caught up now! So many wonderful things for my sims to enjoy! No idea what to go check out in my game first! (Though I've been poking around in Salmon Woods lately, so I might go see if I can fit any of these lovelies in over there, before wandering into the other worlds!)
    edited April 2018
    @Kgaff Hello Kg, you are my buddy! I will be honest when I read your letter I was really glad I got paired up with you. You seemed very down to Earth and Easy Going and since I am not the best builder in the world; plus, it has been some time since I was in game playing around I was worried I might not be able to make something my buddy really likes. Up first is your first gift, I enjoy making Sims with stories and background for people to kind of play off of, so that was my goal with your first gift.

Download Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212246

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139961441@N03/shares/FR8cU9

Tina Livingood Bio

Tina grew up in the small town of Sunset Valley, her days were spent picking flowers down by the pond while her father would fish for hours. They would then come home after long days in the sun and Tina would help her mother clean and cook the fish. Among other things, Tina loved to help her mother in the garden and she hoped one day she would learn to cook as well as her mother, Bevelry did. It was her dream to own her own Resturant one day.

Life would good for Tina, until one cold September evening, the wind was whipping like crazy and her father was having trouble keeping their small car on the road. In a flash lighten struck and Tina's father lost control of the car and off the side of the road they went.

When Tina next woke up, she was in a hospital everything was white. As she screamed for her parents a kind nurse named, Teresa, came in to calm her. She stroked Tina sweat ridden hair out of her face and calmly told her what had happened. Her parents did not survive.

It would be a long 16 weeks as Tina learned to walk once again, at the tender age of 12 she worried about what would happen to her ..... after all the only family she had died that faithful day in September.

As she healed her bound with the nurse, Teresa, contined to grow. When the time came for her to leave the hospital and go into a foster home, she was suprised to learn the nurse Teresa had put in to keep her.

She spent her years after that studying to be a nurse like Teresa, giving up her dream of owning her own resturant. Matter of fact she had never cooked a thing since that day in Septemeber that she lost her parents.

Now a young adult and on her own, the future is what she makes it. BUT, what will that be? Well I guess we will all just have to wait and see!
    Post edited by Mystik1978 on
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @Mystik1978 Wow such a powerful story and so sad. I hope I can lead her into a happy adulthood.

Unfortunately your link to Facebook requires me to log in and I don't do Facebook :( I did get a good look at her on the exchange though and will get her downloaded asap ! Thank you so much.
    WoW, just wow, @KaytayRoall! It's perfect for me! I love that rooftop garden and hot tub. I would soooo love that! I love the loft aspect where one can peer down a level. I love the many different roof heights! I love that there are lots of windows for lighting without it being too much glass or needing curtains. I love the wood, brick, concrete or stucco mix of textures. I love the modern, stream-lined furnishings and those super comfy chairs. I do love dark wood against white for a great contrast, so I love the way you've decorated. And, I love that blue green - It really is a favorite of mine - as well as the greys, blues, and purple. I also really like the accents you chose. I think she's going to visiting Shang Simla soon. Thank you so much. It's an awesome build and I LOVE it!
    @Kgaff Sorry about that, I do not know of another service I could use to host the picture. I tried adding it back to Sims downloader but it says it is an error when trying to upload it to the exchange.
    @Catdog123 - That is an awesome lot. I love the way you did the sails for the boat and those glaciers! The fire really makes it pop as well. I love how you incorporated the dragon pieces as well as placing shields along the side as a real Viking boat would have. It looks like you and your friends had a good time christening the boat.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    @Kgaff Sorry about that, I do not know of another service I could use to host the picture. I tried adding it back to Sims downloader but it says it is an error when trying to upload it to the exchange.

Oh, not to worry, she's is already on the exchange and ready to download. It's just any pictures that are posted to Facebook that I can't see.

I use Flickr, it's free and you can use it to host your pictures and post them almost anywhere.
    @Mystik1978

Tina has such a tragic backstory! It will be really nice to make the rest of her life full of cheer and fulfilled wishes! I'm sure she'll be livingood real soon!!!! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top