Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    @MsPrissy88, I've been really busy and haven't had much time to check the thread. I am ecstatic to hear that your labs have been coming back good and that you were able to rejoin the exchange. :) Sorry I didn't comment sooner.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited April 2018
    To: @ciane
    Gift #1

Hi Buddy! :smiley:

I was so excited to get you as my buddy! You have always been such a wonderful part of the Sims 3 community. Whether you are participating in events or posting useful information, you are always so kind, thoughtful and supportive. I could start listing the amazing ways in which you've contributed to making this community the friendly and helpful place it is--or I could quit gushing and get on with the gifting. :p I just wanted to let you know how much I respect and appreciate you. I hope the things I've made for you bring a smile to your face and some fresh fun to your game.

I decided to start small and the gifts will get bigger over the next couple days, although there's some teasers to be seen in the pictures for today's gift ;) So without further ado, may I introduce you to...

Justine Chase - https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212045

41009370824_cc6f242b22_c.jpg

Justine is an ambitious and adventurous young woman with a life full of opportunity and choices open before her.

Justine knew she could accomplish anything if she set her mind to it from a young age and has faced her life always looking for the next challenge to overcome. In high school, she took college level classes to get a head start on her future degree. She graduated valedictorian of her high school class, with a scholarship in hand and nearly half of her required credits completed. She soon learned University classes were much different--and more difficult--than high school.

26859062447_4a0541b14b_c.jpg

Time to double-down on studying.

27858249288_c427860b4d_c.jpg[/url]

It was important to take time to socialize as well, though. Especially when rubbing elbows with those with powerful connections.

41686846652_3a35d4fab3_c.jpg

And it wouldn't be dorm life without some crazy hijinks. Like having your morning workout routine interrupted by a kitchen fire started by a roommate who ran out the door for class in the middle of cooking and didn't take the their waffles out of the oven first.

41686850782_47b20686ca_c.jpg

Throughout it all, Justine kept her grades top notch.

41686906782_50e3448eab_c.jpg

And before she knew it, it was time to graduate. Once again, she was the top of her class.

39919838600_cfd8226954_c.jpg

She wasn't one to rest on her laurels, though. This was no time to relax, it was time to get to work!

41009903094_64f27c6f5c_c.jpg[/url]

Justine worked long hours, both at the office and at home.

39919851860_8c060db408_c.jpg

Networking was important, too. She spent nearly as much time on the phone as she did behind her computer.

41686913692_0652aa64d9_c.jpg

The time flew by and she was finally promoted to CEO--nearly at the top!

39920521680_6834935b24_c.jpg

That was when she started to have doubts. It was lonely at the top. Her whole life revolved around her work.
    She wanted to travel, to see lands far beyond her--admittedly spacious--office walls. She tried to satisfy her curiosity with trinkets and decor shipped to her from exotic locations, but it didn't satisfy her. The final straw was when she received a filthy old lamp, far different from the image advertised online when she purchased it.

27858363348_ddcfe25da3_c.jpg

Maybe if she could rub it clean...

27858364388_b238aa0880_c.jpg[/url]

What happens next and where her life goes from here is up to you! I hope you have fun with her! :)

And now I'm finally going to let myself drool over all the other wonderful gifts posted already! I didn't allow myself--aside from a few peeks at DinoJr's screen--to look until I had my first gift posted.
    @Morakai I hope you are feeling better and will recover soon.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @KaytayRoall Ohh, Justine and her lamp have such interesting possibilities! Love her story, and sounds like you have put a lot of work into getting her where she is in life. @ciane I hope you'll let us know the outcome!
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @suzses ~ Blue Heron will not leave any Sim feeling blue! Whether overlooking a bustling SimMeapolis or surrounding suburbia, this home is a peaceful oasis with its comfortable furnishings and pleasing palette.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    DinoJr wrote: »
    @MsPrissy88

Those sims look amazing! I'm excited to see what you have in mind! Also, I'm glad you are feeling well enough to be around for gifting, its good to have you here!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! I'm so happy you like them. Wait til you "hear" (read) their back stories/descriptions.

THANKS!!! {{hugs}}

I just have to go to your sims page and add you to my friend list.

I've got the pictures of their outfits waiting to be uploaded. Aaaaaaand ..... SOME of what I used, is store content. WHEN you see *those* images -- and I apologize now, cos I snapped a pic of each one with my phone. But, when you see them, IF there is anything you don't have, PLEASE TELL ME. Because, GIFTING YOU those items was part of my gift to you. OK??

I'll be back here tomorrow after I get back home from having breakfast with my cousin. I'll get everything uploaded then.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes! @KaytayRoall! I am going to have fun with her. A genie is always fun to play too. It's really my fav because of their special talents. I really like that you took the time to take her through uni and up the career ladder. And I'm loving the sneak peeks too. ;) (I almost always play in that same dorm too.) And, I respect and appreciate you too! You have brought a big smile to my face and given me even more fun for my simming time. It'll be a nice change from my current challenge, so I can hardly wait to pop her in my game (but I'll wait just a bit to see what else you might like to share with me). Thank you ever so much both for the gifts and the kind words. I love your work, so I am very happy to be adding your creativity to my game. I'm doing a happy, happy dance right now. Thank you!

I just noticed that she has quite a lot of money too! Those rich CEOs!
    @Catdog123 ~ The Eriksen brothers and Crimson Cottage will cause many Sim hearts to flutter, but mum's the word on which is more drool-worthy! Magnus is quite handsome and Thoren is sure to be able to hold his own with genes like these. Their home catches the eye and ensures a second look (more than likely a third!) with clean lines, simple yet elegant furnishings and bright pops of color.
    @suzses Wow I love Blue Heron, it is exactly what I wanted. It will go so good in salmon woods, there is an entire neighborhood of empty 30 by 20 lots I've been trying to fill but most homes that size I've noticed are 20 by 30 not 30 by 20. I really like the shape of the pool, I love it when people go beyond a square pool. I really like all of the soft colors you have used in this build. I think the kitchen is my favorite room as I am loving that little storage shelf above the oven with the clock. It just really gives the kitchen a lived in feel and I adore little details like that. Also loving the arbor with the plants growing on it out front, that's a detail I think I over use but its something I love. :) I was wanting houses to fill up the space and look good. I think i'm going to use this one for one of the families I play. The house you have made for Mia is beautiful as well. the wood stroage on the side of the house really caught my eye and I will be downloading that one as well. :smiley:

@Jessabeans I am so glad you like the house and the sims, I was a little worried about the the house as it was a style that I have not built before and wasn't sure if I pulled it off correctly or not. Though I think I've always loved Norwegian modern all along and didn't know that was the name for the style as I really dig contemporary homes and wood accents and lots of windows and nature. I had a lot of fun making the sims, I thought it would be fun to make a fairy that really is different from the typical fairy so A viking fairy just seemed like a fun idea. The gift you made for Suzses is stunning, I love the mint green color of the exterior. The rooms are all so beautiful and calming. I love how you have housed the tractor rather than having it sit out in the open all the time. My favorite part is that little clubhouse or what I think is a club house? next to the slide. Also I know its a small detail (but I'm a sucker for those details.) The apple basket under the apple tree gave me such a big smile.
    Siggy_4.jpg
    @KaytayRoall ~ I agree with ciane, Justine Chase will be fun to play! Terrific job with her backstory and giving a feel for her personality. Ambitious but likeable & ready to start a new chapter in her life which is sure to be quite a departure from what she currently knows. Sounds like fun with a capital F to me!
    Gifts up to this point are listed on the front page and are CC Free.

More game goodies to come ...
    but until then I bid you adieu and good night!
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    Id like to leave specific comments on all gifts posted so far, but Im going to write a longer, more detailed response to @MsPrissy88 and @ADWilson first...

I love this house. The floor plan is so much fun.. from the big window and the interesting roof design, to the nice stairway in the center, with the little half-bathroom as a wall to the other side of the stairs... The big wrap around porch is beautiful, I LOVE the colors in the kitchen and dining area!!! Also the wooden window frames in the kitchen look SOOOO good. Its so big and open... with one wall separating the front and back of the house but those big archways... and minimal wall usage otherwise its soooooooooo cool and such an awesome design!!!

So much color! I love that theres so much variety in the color scheme! The porch leading to the back yard and garage door is a super nice touch too... also the back yard! The zen garden is <3<3<3, and again, I like that theres a lot of yard to work with... since Ive already moved Fern into this house and she WILL have a garden!! (my first challenge sim, and one Ive been sort of working on a story for... shes mastered gardening and all its perks, also maybe shes immortal?)

I like that you left a lot of the walls a little bare... specifically because Fern owns a lot of artwork made by another of my sims, and now I have a beautiful new house to display it in!!!
    Heres a quick shot of Fern enjoying her new house :)
    Screenshot-7_1.jpg

Thank you for both for the beautiful gift!

@ciane You really nailed the style of Mediterranean Manor. It goes so well in Sunlit Tides. The terracotta details on the exterior really give the house a warm inviting feeling. I love the little hot tub area in the back, I could picture just chilling in it watching the sun go down over the water. Dang.. Now I want to go on vacation.

@ADWilson Oak Arbor Is really pretty. I love the plants growing on the arbor around the roofing. My favorite part is the japanese sand garden in the back. :smile:

@DinoJr Kaelyn and Alejandro Look like such a cute loving couple. I think his boxers are my favorite of their outfits, so colorful. Reminds me of this watermelon slices shirt I just got in rl.

@Kgaff the Lady in Red is stunning. The garden wrapping around the house is really pretty (I wonder how many times I've said really tonight lol), you have a talent for landscaping. And the greenhouse is so cute I love how not all of it is glass and that there is a secret space under it. :smiley:

@MiaSkywalker Beautiful work as always. Loving how the buildings are surrounding a garden plot. Your roofing always inspires me you so good at making roves interesting and way more than just a triangle siting on a house. Its such a good idea to put the chicken coop in a building, I often feel bad for them sitting out in the rain and I am sitting here wondering why I've never thought to like put them in the bar with the horses lol.

@MsPrissy88 ooooh I like sims you have teased. I will be waiting for them so I can put them in my game. :smiley:

@KaytayRoall Justine looks like a really fun sim. I like her smile and her outfits are cute. :) Actually she reminds me of someone I went to school with but I cant remember her name which is bugging me lol.
    Siggy_4.jpg
    @ciane

The arches look so fancy and pretty... love this design! The little orchard and hot tub on the back porch are my favorite pieces! Also, you managed to use the curtains in ways I really like, and I have a hard time with sims curtains... they never do what I want! I think you really nailed that Mediterranean build!

@suzses

Oh goodness this medieval cottage. I love adventure games and medieval settings, so I have sunk well over 1000 hours into the Elder Scrolls games... And this cottage would fit so well in Cyrodill... In the Well to do part of town just north of White Gold Tower! Its so well thought out! I love the sink with he buckets just next to the WORLDS BEST CAT HOUSE!!! SO CUTE! The interior is soooo good too... all the wood and stone fit so well together!

@Kgaff

The Lady in Red looks like my dream fairy tale house! My two favorite pieces of this are definitely the tower, with balconies around each level, and the greenhouse "secret"! All the use of natural decor looks super inviting and, as I said, something out of a fairy tale... The pavilion in the yard is really nice to, somewhere I would love to sit and read for hours! Oh and the ADORABLE kitchen <3<3<3!!! Ill have to get a few more expansion packs to be able to fully use this build, but it will be worth it!!

@Jessabeans

The house exterior and interior both are adorable... such a pleasure to look at! This is the kind of house, that when I see one in the real world I take a picture of because I like it so much! The front, with the peaked roof with adornment, and then another peak, with even more!! It so pretty! The kids playhouse though, is my favorite thing.... Its sooooooo cool! I would have LOVED a playhouse like that when I was younger... (still would honestly... 12 year old trapped in a middle aged body hah) I look at the jungle gym items and dont usually like them much but you went and built a killer playhouse. Love it <3

@MiaSkywalker

You had me at secrets. I cannot wait to get this downloaded and search it top to bottom to find each and every little thing. Aside from that, as I already stated I love adventure and fantasy and medieval styles and this is so cool. I regretfully dont have pets or dragon valley yet, but my birthday is coming up and Kaytay loves me a whole lot so Im sure it wont be long. (hint hint lol) You... you did I thing I wish WISH I had thought of! The spiral staircase in one of the dormers is nothing short of brilliant! ....is it to late to go back and rebuild gift number 2? yes? ....Next time... :-D

@suzses (again lol)

That pool though <3!!! SO cool, such a fun shape! Its hard not to pick that as my favorite part of this build, but those kids rooms are ADORABLE. The color scheme is so pretty too... And the porch is so nice! love the plants on top of the trellis look!

@Catdog123

I love the layout of this house! And the decor you used really looks like what I thinks these two guys would really have up in their space. The outside decking is awesome, and all the space for the art is very cool! Thoren... nerdy gamer who loves comics... is... is it me? It might be me. lol.... And then theres Magnus. Magnus.... ..... Is it ok that I may or may not be drooling over a sim? Magnus is HOT. <3 Like a certain Norse God of Thunder. Mmmmm.... :-D

@KaytayRoall

I was watching while you made your gifts, so you already know how I feel about them. Thank you for inviting me to join this exchange! I have had so much fun working on the gifts, and also meeting all these wonderful folks... the community and the sense of welcome... that was the best gift of all <3
    And also OH GOSH so many compliments on my sims.... Thank you so much everyone! I cant wait to see what you think of tomorrows gift!

Actually its after midnight where I am.... but Ill wait!
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    DinoJr wrote: »
    You had me at secrets. I cannot wait to get this downloaded and search it top to bottom to find each and every little thing. Aside from that, as I already stated I love adventure and fantasy and medieval styles and this is so cool. I regretfully dont have pets or dragon valley yet, but my birthday is coming up and Kaytay loves me a whole lot so Im sure it wont be long. (hint hint lol) You... you did I thing I wish WISH I had thought of! The spiral staircase in one of the dormers is nothing short of brilliant! ....is it to late to go back and rebuild gift number 2? yes? ....Next time... :-D
    Anyone who has been following my builds for the last year or two knows that I'm really into making dungeons. You're wandering around the basements, and you suddenly notice some strange blank walls, and there's a torch here... let's PULL IT! :D.

I did not do the crazy traps and twisted puzzles that I've been known to do on occasion. I have done that a few times, and the time that goes into them and the testing involved... it's absolutely exhausting. BUT! There are some cool things in this build if you bother to search around the basement a little...

Here's a hint: If you do walls down, and a torch doesn't go down with the wall, you might just try to pull on that one...

Oh, and you NEED Dragon Valley. Because dragons. :p Unfortunately it's one of the few worlds you can't get with Simpoints, which means you have to buy it with real $. I got mine on sale at Amazon long ago. Amazon is probably your best bet for getting that world for anything less than full price. But the dragons are so incredibly cheaty (and cute at it), especially if you get a mod that removes the cool down for harvesting. Green dragon ftw! :kissing_heart:
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Hi all!

I know everyone is very busy right now, finishing presentations, commenting and RECing, sharing--and stealing!--gifts, but I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone here. I love these events for so many reasons and I feel like this one in particular shone. This was a difficult time for several of our members, whether due to medical issues or lost friends, and every time I checked in on the thread, there were messages of encouragement and sympathy. It was so inspiring to see and also the perfect example of why I love this little Sims 3 community so much. <3 Thank you all for being a part of it!

And now on to some specific commenting...

@ciane
    Mediterranean Manor is such a lovely home! The arches add a bright splash of color and shape to the front and draw extra attention to the unique roof shape. The color scheme is wonderful, managing to be both soothing and warm, perfect for a family home. I also love the simple luxury and lived-in feel of it.

I'm so excited you like Justine! I was very much inspired by what you said in your letter about occults. I wanted to give you the option of playing one, which worked out perfectly with your preference for genies, but leave the choice up to you--Justine might decide not to free the genie, for all I know!

@ADWilson and @MsPrissy88
    Ahhh! I may have let out a small squee when I saw Oak Arbor. Such curb appeal with its unique shape, multiple textures and plethora of flowers! The layout is very nice, too. Love the placement of that first floor half-bath and all the room for sims to walk or adding personal touches. Also the baby-to-teen bedroom is a clever setup I'll probably steal in the future.

Prissy - Those are some lovely looking sims! Looking forward to seeing more of them and maybe hearing their story. :)

Addy - Thank you for the compliments about Justine. She and her backstory evolved in several ways that surprised me as I played and refined the initial idea, but that just made it all the more fun and very satisfying that it all fit together so well in the end.

@DinoJr
    You probably already know this... ;) But I think you did a great job on Kaelyn and Alejandro! They're an adorable couple made with great attention to detail.

@suzses
    Clare Cottage looks like a fun little home! The woodshed/cat house gave me a chuckle. You did a great job CASting everything to look medieval, but still keeping the place colorful, with plenty of texture variety. Is that a sink outside, I see and just the appearance of a wash basin on a table in the bathroom? Very cool. Fire alarm behind the fridge? That's another idea I'm stealing... :p There's just something about the shape of that garden, too.

Blue Heron is wonderful, too. Love that front deck arbor. The pool shape is awesome. I only ever think to do symmetrical things with the curved pool pieces. Great MOO work on that entertainment center. I like the calming and yet bright color schemes throughout. An elegant and lovely build, just like its namesake.

Thank you so much for your kind words about Justine. :) I honestly underestimated how much playing it would take to get her how I wanted her, but it was a lot of fun.

@Kgaff
    Wow! The Lady in Red is a jaw-dropping build! The roofing and landscaping and that balcony-tower all looks amazing! Love your use of the gazebo with the sunflowers and tea table. Everything is so rich and sumptuous, perfect for the Victorian style. Oooh, and the gated archway on the greehouse! <3 Just love it. Amazing work!

@Jessabeans
    Sunrise Farm is so beautiful! I can't believe you fit it all on a 40x40--especially the tractor! The covered bike parking is so cool! And the colors are so lovely! Ahhh!!! I can't stop using exclamation points but I love it! The country home kitchen is perfect (and I'm going to have to find out how you got that hood to CASt so nicely because I always want to use it, but can't get it to look right), especially with the walk-in closet. All the bedrooms look so homey and filled with personal little touches. If I didn't know better, I'd think you had made this for me. :p

@MiaSkywalker
    Mystikal Medieval Farm looks amazing! I think you did a great job of taking the best parts of your inspiration pictures, then making the build very uniquely your own. The covered area for chickens is cute and clever. And that kitchen! Wow! Quite the impressive cellar to go with it. Definitely going to be downloading this to explore for myself! I'm on the same page as you about self-cleaning plumbing, by the way. That is my preference for upgrading as well. Also a big fan of the "optional-sized" garden. :D

@Catdog123
    Oh my, Thoren and Magnus look.. err, ahem... good. Yes, good is the descriptor I am sticking with. That formal t-shirt, though! LOL :D Amazing. They look like so much fun. I want to play them and also have them as npcs in all my saves forever. Because who doesn't need more viking fairies in their lives?

Thanks for the compliments to Justine. I'll count it as a success that she reminds you of a real life person!

Crimson Cottage is just so... fascinating! The unique shape is awesome. Definitely stealing this to see how you did it. The bedrooms each suit their occupants so well! I'm sorry I'm looking at yours last and it's late so I'm just out of words to say how amazing I think this house is. Colors and style, just... everything is spot on and I can't wait to get it in my game to see how it all fits together.
    edited April 2018
    @suzses: Ok, so, when I was commenting on things somehow I missed Blue Heron. (Even though I tested it with Custard.) I think I missed it because everything was being posted so fast. :) It's FUN when it's that fast, but it's hectic!

I love the clean lines of the place, and the nice open feel on the inside. The heather on the pergola gives it a touch of nature that pleases. That picture of the cityscape at night behind it is just breathtaking! It would make any Sim living there feel like he's living both near and far to the city; near enough for the advantages, but far enough to avoid the disadvantages. :) Where is that wall clock in the fourth picture from? I don't recognize it at all... unless it's just one that's not normally colored in wood? Maybe that's it.

I love the roofed over yet outside carport. Will keep the car from getting rained on, without having a stifling garage. What a good idea!

You mentioned spawners, and I feel so stupid that I forgot about it!

@Mystik1978: Just a warning - there is one spawner on the farm lot. I put a rodent spawner on the clover patch in the back. That means that if you turn the lot after you place it, the spawner will duplicate, and you'll have to go into build/buy mode (with buydebug on) to remove any extras.

It's just too bad that rabbits aren't any of the small pets we can get; it would have been neat to have a rabbit, and name it Killer, and have it eat stuff that turns it into an almost 8' floating blue donkey with oversized wings... or maybe not. :D. (And if anyone actually gets that reference, they earn a cookie.)

@KaytayRoall : What a great Sim! It's neat that you got her all the way through University like that. Maybe I'll place her on a world with CD's two, and see if anything blossoms between them. ;)

Now, have I still missed anything? Hm... will have to go back and see.
    suzses wrote: »
    @Catdog123 Ooh, Magnus and Thoren are quite cool, and I love their house. Is it somehow inappropriate to think of a pixelated Scandinavian fairy as hot? Magnus is hot. The house is perfect for them and for Aurora Skies. Dang it, I don't need another game save, but I think I'm going to have to go back to AS again soon, too.
    Oh, I totally agree on this. Magnus is a total hottie, isn't he? ;) I usually prefer a guy with darker hair, but I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers. ;)

I definitely love the idea of a fairy Viking. Totally cool!

@Catdog123: I know I didn't really comment on your Sims and lot very extensively, as I've been working all day on my presentation for tomorrow. (Which is STILL not finished, and it's the least complicated of my gifts.) I LOVE that house. It's completely different from anything I've ever done, but I love it. I love the fact that you said it's built into a hill, but that makes me wonder; would it HAVE to be placed on a lot with a hill, or would placing the lot create the hill for you? I'm not good at CFE, so I'm unfamiliar with the effects of it.

As for your Sims, well, I agree with others that Magnus is a total hottie. :) I'm definitely going to be playing these guys sometime, and I might just pop them in as NPCs in an AS game at some point and watch them run around and see what they do. :)
    @MiaSkywalker The clock is Sim-Plicity Wall Clock from Supernatural. There are wooden preset options, although the first one you see is black and makes me think of metal. I did spend quite a while CASting it to get something I liked there.

Why am I up? Since I haven't needed to get up for work, I've gravitated to staying up later and later and sleeping until like noon. Last night I was really tired and went to bed early - 2 AM. LOL And here I am, up. Maybe I'll just put up today's gift this morning so I can nap later and not worry about it. ;)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Good Morning, @KhemKat19,
    It is day 2, so you get a second gift!

Remember this?
    I think my favorite EA worlds are Dragon Valley, Hidden Springs, and Sunlit Tides.
    I enjoy this style of build the most: (Example: Craftsman): Victorian/Mediterranean/Tudor.

Well today, here’s your hint:
    I think my favorite EA worlds are Dragon Valley, Hidden Springs, and Sunlit Tides.
    I enjoy this style of build the most: (Example: Craftsman): Victorian/Mediterranean/Tudor.

Want to see the inspiration picture?
    small-tudor.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Again, this was just the inspiration. Go here to see what it actually looks like:
    https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/gifts/tt
    Go here to download:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212107
    edited April 2018
    @MiaSkywalker

Gift 2 of 4

Today's gift is the smallest one you will be getting, and I do mean small. It's a neighboring lot to Clare Cottage and is a very small one-story home. I operated on the premise that the people who live on Black Sheep Road would use similar building materials to each other - same stone, same slate, probably mostly the same timber. I mean, how far would they drag building materials up that path with probably only the Clares' small wagon to help out?

Fowler's Roost has, of course, fowl. There are two chicken coops on the property and also a frog pond. Had I been able to find room, it would also have a bird cage, but alas, that didn't happen. I imagine, though, the family cat will be busy enough keeping an eye on the chickens (of course he'll been trained to not touch!) and trying to catch fish and frogs in the pond. Those of you concerned about the welfare of the poor chickens with just their tiny coop roofs over their heads could always move the wood pile and put the chicken coops (or one anyway) under the roof there. :p

Yes, there is a frog pond spawner in the pond.

I play tested this house with an adult sim, a baby/toddler (we had a birthday) and a cat. Everything worked out. Thinking, though, that I'd probably only put either two adult sims and one child or one adult and two children (you'd need a bunkbed in place of the twin) in this house - and one cat. It's possible to fish, to play the guitar outside, and to access both chicken coops to feed them, collect eggs, talk to unsavory chicken characters, and play with chicks. That took some wiggling around placing things, but it all works.

Oh, toddler reminds me that I didn't put toddler toys in the cottages. Knowing they were intended for NPC families, that I don't think inactives skill up with them anyway, and that the lots are small, I just didn't go there. I did give them potty chairs, though - go figure. The toys can always be added in somewhere they don't trip everyone if desired.

Exchange download link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212108

A few pictures below and a few more can be found at: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmaMgycy

41017699374_f895bfb123_b.jpgFowlerRoostFront by Sue H, on Flickr

41017699094_9420bd912a_b.jpgFowlerRoostSide by Sue H, on Flickr

41017767004_6ff880c979_b.jpgScreenshot-40 by Sue H, on Flickr

27866474908_ef2533ab95_b.jpgFowlerRoostFireplace by Sue H, on Flickr

41695084982_04672acdb9_b.jpgScreenshot-48 by Sue H, on Flickr
    Post edited by suzses on
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Another truly lovely build @suzses - I love the stone and wood and the natural looking landscaping and pond. I also love that you were able to squeeze in a Dragon Valley roof piece. I do love those. It's a shame they just don't fit in so much on smaller roof lines.
    @ciane How pretty and warm. Love the way the exterior woods look in DV's lighting and also agree the blue violet living area is very pretty and tranquil. I love the deep green in the master bedroom, too. I like how you lined up the children's toy shelf with the wallpaper. I never thought about placing one low on the wall - my poor sim kids must always have to ask for help to get their toys!
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited April 2018
    @ciane I was thinking maybe I could get an effect sort of like this if I used a roof piece that went down to ground level:
    http://www.hactoncruck.co.uk/

It didn't really work out that way, but I decided I liked it anyway.

(Edited to put the right link in.)

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top