Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited April 2018
    Such great gifts so far, I'm leaving recs as I see them but it's taking a bit to go over the pictures and comment.

@ciane
    What a lovely Mediterranean home, the clean interiors and the hot-tub under the back lanai must offer the most amazing view of Sunlit Tides.

Addy, Oak Arbor will make a wonderful family home, the layout is spacious and the interiors are so comfortable looking any have that great worn in feeling to them. I love the contrasting wallpaper and curtain pokadots, that is such a fun and unexpected touch. And the zen garden in the back will be a great spot to unwind.

@DinoJr The Torres Family make such a cute couple, I love how you planned their skills to complement each other.

@suzses Clare Cottage is so adorable, I'm sorry I commented earlier about it going in Dragon Valley, it will work very well in Cotes d'Ambonnay. I really need to play in that world again. I may have to borrow Mia's gift. Ismay Clare and Meone are really adorable too.

@Kgaff Lady in Red is such a grand home, I love that you hid the magic room and a sauna in the basement of the greenhouse. For not usually using the colors, I thought the decor was on pointe. It's fun to build outside of our comfort zones. Those are usually the ones that surprise us the most.

*Edit* It's moving so fast, it took all morning to catch up to the ones posted before I posted mine, I guess I'll catch up this evening. So many lovely gifts!

Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @MiaSkywalker I'm glad you like the cottage. :) The upstairs bench is from the Haute Hacienda Dining Room set:

https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:50436&scategoryId=11516

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker again :) Your Dragon Valley farm is very pretty. I really like the curved stone wall around the property and the contrast between dark and light woods for the exteriors. Looks as though there are lots of fun things going on inside and out. I've been thinking about going back to DV (did a 4x4 challenge there a couple years ago), and when I do, I'll be sure to include your farm.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited April 2018
    OH MY GAWWWWWWWWWD..... :o:o:o

Y'all have made such WONDERFUL gifts!!! I gave each one (here) an "AWESOME!!*. It will take me SO long to go through each one's sims page to rec. Don't worry!! I will. ;)

@Addy - I had left a comment (on your wordpress page) about the house YOU created for @DinoJr. Not knowing *he already SAW* your gift, *here*. LOL
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    @MiaSkywalker I'm glad you like the cottage. :) The upstairs bench is from the Haute Hacienda Dining Room set:

https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:50436&scategoryId=11516
    Oh! I see, I forget sometimes that you can remove the stencils on an item like that. I really like it with the wood tones you gave it. :)
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited April 2018
    TO @DinoJr -- I, Prissy AM YOUR BUDDY!! And what Addy said about me giving her some floor plans - and she running different with them - is true! I sent her links to what _I_ saw would be "something" of what you might like. I'm just glad Addy doesn't always listen to us. ((rotflmao)) **be quiet, Addy!**

Any way ..... be cause I didn't know how the chemo would have affected me -- other than being a little more tired nowadays -- what I created for you, "COULD" be used for that home that Addy built. COULD

I still have to upload IT to *my* studio, and then gather the OTHER STUFF so I can properly show them off in a gift. Buuuuuuut.... here's a little sneaky peek --

26858697737_8c7feb8f29_m.jpg26858697767_04bb9d9fe5_m.jpg
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited April 2018
    Okay yay! :smiley: Lets get this party started! Woo cookies for all!!! :cookie::cookie::cookie:

As usual I had a difficult time wrapping everything.
    cat.jpg

My buddy this time is *drum roll* Duh duh duh duh duh.. Okay okay that's more than enough cheese for one day. :tongue: Anyway lol my buddy is @Jessabeans!

I really enjoyed being your buddy and got to try some new things in the gifts I have made for you.

You mentioned liking having Sim families to be townies so I wanted to make a family that I thought suited Aurora Skies. After having made your 4 gifts I got to thinking about how I prefer having families with custom homes that suit them for my npcs so I ended up making house to go with them. So for your first gift I present the Eriksen Family and their house Crimson Cottage:

Download Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212017

41724475391_c5363b0f82_b.jpg
    41724483361_3414d64d13_b.jpg

The Fairy with the long hair is Magnus, a bit of a goofball and he is a sculptor specializing in ice sculpture. The sim with the hat is Thoren, he is Magnus' younger brother that moved in with him to attend school in Aruora Skies. Hes a bit of a nerdy gamer and loves comics. (Nothing like me at all :tongue: well maybe exactly like me :open_mouth:)

Some pictures of them in game play and all of their outfits can be seen below:
    27855791638_9c9bedc658_z.jpg

Hmm sculpting with a chainsaw... I cant haz one so not sure if I approve of him having one lol.

Here is all of their outfits:

26856697477_1693f2e83f_z.jpg
    26856699967_a053072a0f_z.jpg
    26856701407_6876f09bb0_z.jpg

And of course we cant forget about their house as its included with them. Its a two bedroom Norwegian modern house with lots of outdoor decking and an artist loft. Its actually a 3 story house, the kitchen and master bath is built into the rocks the house is siting on. I had never really tried this technique before and it was a lot of fun making it. Pictures of it can be seen below: :smile:
    41684205462_765ac94e71_z.jpg
    41684206132_1b9a98be56_z.jpg
    41684206632_5b008d7bd0_z.jpg
    41684207672_c834d73c42_z.jpg
    41684209092_b4839f069b_z.jpg
    41684207092_06f68a3971_z.jpg
    41684208102_7187c5b2cf_z.jpg
    41684208552_2cf8a45a45_z.jpg
    27855860048_cdb40879ed_z.jpg

(I kind of had a brain fart on the house description and said Scandinavian instead of Norwegian even though Norwegian reference photos were used when making it. :bawling: )

I decided to upload a version of them without their house and a version of the house without the sims for those that just want one or the other. Which can be found Here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212019 and Here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212018

I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them and stay tuned for three more gifts! :smiley:
    Post edited by Catdog123 on
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @suzses - Lovely color scheme! Very nice! I particularly like the color variation in the kitchen.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Ok, all gifts up to and including Blue Heron have been downloaded, wRECked, favorited, and checked with Custard. (And they all passed with flying colors! Woohoo!) All posts for downloads have been awesomed. :)

And I noticed as I refreshed the page before I typed this, that @Catdog123 just posted his gift. D'oh! Gotta catch up again! :D.

Btw, Catdog, the images are only showing to me as a white box with an X through it, and saying the photo is no longer available. I refreshed the page again and it still shows that way. Is anyone else having that problem, or is it just me? :cry:

ETA: Ok, it's only the two big pictures not in spoilers that are coming in blank. I can see all the inside ones, which is really cool, because those fairies look awesome! That house totally fits in with AS. Love the red outside, and the pops of red inside. It rocks!
  • Options
    Not just you, I've been sitting here waiting. LOL Maybe they're still marked private or moved to a different location and links need updated?
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker I think I figured out how to fix them can you check again?
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    They were marked as private so i think I fixed it, its weird it used to not matter in flickr as long as you provided a direct link.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    Catdog123 wrote: »
    @MiaSkywalker I think I figured out how to fix them can you check again?
    Hard refresh and they still show up as white boxes. Hm.. the other images work; are they being held at the same site?
  • Options
    Hmm sec, they are but they were linked when they set to private i may have to re link them.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    @Catdog123 - the spoiler pics show for me, but not the first two. I LOVE the color schemes and building choice. That home will fit right in to Aurora Skies! The brothers look like a lot of fun to play too!
  • Options
    @Catdog123: All three versions rec'd and checked, and all are Custard clean!
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker I replaced all the links. Hopefully that fixed them, so weird as all images are from the same location and even the same album.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @MiaSkywalker Mystikal Medieval Farm is so lovely, and it's great that you based it on historical plans, that always gives a great dimension to historical and fantasy play-throughs. That is such a huge open but somehow cozy kitchen, I would love to have a cup of tea or a fireside meal in there. I love the little realistic farmlife touches like the waterpump and how you put the chickens in a shed for the colder winters. You did a great job hiding the horse jump, I can't see it in pictures. Another gift I might have to poach.

@suzses Blue Heron is lovely, I love how you were able to use such dark wall colors but the whole house still feels clean light and airy. I love all the natural materials around like the woven shades, and the balanced use of plants both indoors and out. I love the curb appeal with the low profile roof and the pergola on the front.

Oh wow @catdog123

I'm sure my sim is really going to enjoy meeting Magnus and Thoren. The Eriksen brothers are hotties, and a norwegian fairy is so unexpected! He looks like he could front a metal band or ride up the beach on a unicorn. (I do mean that as a compliment!) I love that you made them a home to suit their personality and that will fit right in Aurora Skies! I love their house, that is so awesome how you built it into the rock I will have to visit them for a closer look. Ehm at the architecture. I will add them into my game tonight. Thank you so much!

No worries about using the a different term, I very much love the Norwegian style but I meant to use the broader term Scandinavian anyway. I just love that clean natural material interiors with wood accents and sparse decor I had meant to go back and correct it. You nailed the style anyway, I just love their house.

three more gifts? Squee! I had been looking forward to the giving part but wow I'm looking forward to seeing what you've made.
  • Options
    Whew looks like its working, going to comment on my gifts and other peoples creations later tonight. Its my turn to make dinner and the family is growling at me for being late. lol
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @Catdog123 Ooh, Magnus and Thoren are quite cool, and I love their house. Is it somehow inappropriate to think of a pixelated Scandinavian fairy as hot? Magnus is hot. The house is perfect for them and for Aurora Skies. Dang it, I don't need another game save, but I think I'm going to have to go back to AS again soon, too.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Lurking and Rec'ing and yes Downloading too....... B)
  • Options
    HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    edited April 2018
    Rec'd, Fav'd, & Downloaded all these here Beauties!!
    Awesome Treasures for sure!!
    Fine craftsmanship.... Colors, Themes, Creativity LOVING Them all!!
    Thanks Addy for Posting This morning so I could find my way here!! HUGS to you all!!
    & I'll be back for more for sure ... With Rec's & Favs... & Downloads too!!
    As well as the Awesome appreciation button, Which I have given to all your Builds & Sims! & Deservedly so!!
    For now I must Install My new found treasures!!
    See ya tomorrow .....For more Plundering!!
    Bwah haha haha!!! :D<3

Edited Because: Ooops I did all of the above with any SIMs that have been created too LOL HUGS!!! ;)
    Post edited by HBSIMSTER on
  • Options
    DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    @MsPrissy88

Those sims look amazing! I'm excited to see what you have in mind! Also, I'm glad you are feeling well enough to be around for gifting, its good to have you here!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @MiaSkywalker ~ Mystikal Medieval Farm is perfect for Dragon Valley, although it would work well in Moonlight Falls. Wood and stonework/brickwork is a terrific combination and wonderfully highlights certain focal features like the fireplace. Love your attention to details with the various decor items.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top