Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    AHHHH I love it!!!!

I was so focused on MAKING gifts I kept forgetting that I would be receiving any! I cant wait to download and play with the new house <3<3

Also, Im re-reading the formatting and such for posting, and will post my first gift for my buddy very soon!
    edited April 2018
    To @fleshjenn
    Gift number 1 (of 3)

Hey buddy.... I know you won't be around for a few days, but I hope these gifts bring a smile to your face when you get back. I had so much fun making these gifts for you and I hope you enjoy them!!!!!

Starting with the very small Torres Family!

Main.jpg

This is Kaelyn and Alejandro Torres... She has a passion for gardening, and sustainability. She originally hired Alejandro to help her upgrade a project she was working on, and over the course of the project they fell in love! He's a mechanic and all around handyman from Peru, who found work, and love, in a new country! (and oh look, there IS a collection helper in his pocket!)

Outfits and some other screen shots behind the spoiler tag!
    Formalwear:
    Formal.jpg

Athletic! Alejandro is a pretty happy guy, he laughs and carries on a bit and has a hard time holding still for pictures!
    Athletic.jpg

Beachtime! Kaelyn doesn't often let her wild side surface, but its worth it when its beach day!!!
    Swimwear.jpg

Sleep wear! (basic! lol)
    Sleep.jpg

Kaelyn in her natural habitat...
    Garden%202.jpg
    Garden%201.jpg

Alejandro hard at work!
    carfix.jpg
    Upgrade.jpg

And a quiet moment... behind the toolshed...
    Quiet.jpg

The download link https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9211922

<3<3<3

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Loved this part @DinoJr: (and oh look, there IS a collection helper in his pocket!) Nice job on the back story. A gardener and a handyman should be very nice to play.

I see you got your post up @ADWilson, and though I commented on your page, I'll say again that it's a gorgeous house - love the textures and colors you chose - with a great layout.

I got you both rec'd.
    another little detail.. her gardening is maxed out of course, and so is his handiness... and his fishing! He gets fertilizer for Kaelyn :-D
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @Ciane: Your build is beautiful, as always. Love the colors of the place and the way they go so well together. The whole home is so open and airy looking that it makes me want to take a big, deep breath!

@ADWilson: What a cute little home! I'd say it's almost a tiny Victorian there with the way it feels. How amazing that you were able to do so much with only a few EPs!

@DinoJr: I agree with Addy, you seem like a happy and funny guy. Your Sims are great; they would fit in awesomely in Sunset Valley or Riverview. I love the fact that Alejandro was laughing in that one shot you took. :D.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Ooh, lots of great gifts already today! I'll be putting mine up shortly.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited April 2018
    @MiaSkywalker

Gift 1 (of 4)

Hello, my buddy. I've been having a great time making things for you for the gift exchange and really hope you like them. I've worked on some things for you for Black Sheep Road in Cotes d'Ambonnay. My apologies that I was unable to name them appropriately in French, since it is a language of which I'm familiar with about three words. Not wanting to sound like I picked something straight from Google Translate, I opted for names in English.

Today's gift is Clare Cottage, not so creatively named after my tester sim :D . It has two second-floor bedrooms, a generous attic space with some activities, plus a first-floor crib and a bath. Outdoors there is a fenced garden with a few buydebug plants and flowers and a "nook" for keeping the firewood and the family cat(s) dry in rainy weather.

The fire alarm is behind the fridge . . . err, pantry (note to anyone paying attention: that's where I almost always put them). There are no spawners on this lot.

I really struggled with taking pictures in small spaces, so I've just done the best I can. Gifts should be unwrapped anyway, right? So, you can see everything better once you have it in game. Putting up just a couple pictures here and more are at: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmeJmJVA

Exchange download link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9211958

The first picture is the front of the property and the second the back, which I wasn't sure was obvious.

41712071901_54b25be3e9_b.jpgClareCottageSide by Sue H, on Flickr

41712072291_be2c9a2b82_b.jpgClareCottageBack by Sue H, on Flickr
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    I almost didn't recognize you with your new AVI image @DinoJr

The Torres' look like they'll be fun to play. Useful skills, collection helper and plenty of personality ... what's not to like?!
    @suzses - Love the stone and wood look! I also loved how you put the curtains in front of the beds that way!. Your home is perfect and the landscaping too!
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Lunch time! Time to get my post up :)

To my buddy @Morakai.

Hello Morakai!! I was excited when I found you were to be my buddy because I got to build for someone new to the gift exchange, at least I hadn't seen you in the previous ones I have joined.

When I saw that you had to withdraw I wasn't sure what to do next. Was I going to get a new buddy or just sit this out. Then Addy PM'ed me and we decided that I would simply go on as planned.

That brings us to today and your gift. I hope you are feeling better now and that this might brighten your day.

Firstly I would like to point out that I rarely decorate with reds, purples and greens. My favorite colors are on the opposite side of the color wheel. But, after doing this build I have grown a bit more fond of those colors.

I thought this house might work for one the 100 Baby Challenges with all the beds I crammed in there!

There are also a few surprises that I will leave for you to discover yourself. I do hope you like it.

The Lady in Red

40742679134_49e6d7cff4_c.jpg

Download link --> https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9211959

Let's take a quick walk around the outside of the house
    41456955981_a5d7363e80_c.jpg
    40742678284_63639d1e67_c.jpg

Let's head on inside...

The main floor consists of the Entryway with stairs to the second floor, the formal living room, the dining room, a small cozy family room and the kitchen
    Here's a bird's eye view

40742679834_19e6786b53_c.jpg

The second floor has a large landing with a desk and bookcase, room for the little ones to play, the master bedroom and the nursery.

Bird's eye view

40742680154_e8c4ccc88d_z.jpg

The third floor is all for the older kids. Bunk beds for the boys and four posters for the girls.
    Bird's eye view

40742680324_54aecb611e_z.jpg
    40563310815_1090b9ed71_c.jpg

The boys room is across the hall as well as the shared shower room

40563311365_e51d34bf4d_c.jpg

Remember that greenhouse!? Well, there is more here than meet the eye!
    40742675514_0cb8f24f2b_c.jpg

Look, there's some stairs
    40742675244_ec4ae0fc8b_c.jpg
    41456956561_ccb5ea8d99_c.jpg

That ends the mini tour but there is more to see if you follow this link --> https://www.flickr.com/photos/154029363@N06/albums/72157693860438111/with/40742674304/
    You really outdid yourself @Kgaff - That is an awesome Victorian with an unusually unique layout. I love the cellar additions and that nice gazebo as well as the ivy and sunflower, and, of course, the turreted balconies.
    @suzses ~ Clare Cottage is charming and has tremendous curb appeal that carries through to the inside! With a place this nice, one might not miss the modern amenities.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited April 2018
    Dear Buddy, @suzses
    I would like to present my the first gift for you.
    Sunrise Farm

A cozy 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath family farmhouse built on a 40x40 lot for Moonlight Falls. Victorian farmhouse exterior, with a bit more contemporary decor. Space to write, paint, cook and garden play space for the little ones but small and manageable enough your family won't miss any carpools.

tumblr_p7ry19P2251x95scjo1_1280.jpg

Visit the Farm
    A playhouse for the little ones
    tumblr_p7ry19P2251x95scjo2_1280.jpg
    A barn to store the tractor
    tumblr_p7ry19P2251x95scjo3_1280.jpg
    with workspace in loft above
    tumblr_p7rynwtQsI1x95scjo3_1280.jpg
    A starter farm with every plant, small fish pond, bees and chickens.

A greenhouse for year-round planting, covered parking for bicycles or space for a car
    tumblr_p7ry19P2251x95scjo5_1280.jpg

Peak Inside
    Eat-in Farmhouse kitchen
    tumblr_p7rynwtQsI1x95scjo4_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p7rynwtQsI1x95scjo1_r1_1280.jpg
    with walk-in pantry with jam storage
    tumblr_p7rynwtQsI1x95scjo7_r1_1280.jpg
    Living Room
    tumblr_p7rynwtQsI1x95scjo6_r1_1280.jpg
    and Study
    tumblr_p7rynwtQsI1x95scjo5_r1_1280.jpg
    3 Bedrooms with en suite baths
    Nursery
    tumblr_p7ry19P2251x95scjo4_1280.jpg
    Children's Room
    tumblr_p7ry19P2251x95scjo6_r1_1280.jpg
    Master
    tumblr_p7rynwtQsI1x95scjo2_1280.jpg
    This is the gift I'm nervous isn't what you had in mind, so I wanted to share it first. If not, perhaps you will like gift two tomorrow. :) I hope you have a lovely day.
    @Kgaff ~ Wow! The Lady in Red always catches the eye and this one is no different as she boldly "struts" across the beautiful lawn. From top to bottom she exudes grace and charm.
    @Jessabeans ~ Sunrise Farm will bring a smile from sunup to sundown! If Sims knew that living off the fruits of one's labor could happen in such a spectacular setting, they would re-think having other careers.
    @ADWilson and @Kgaff Wowza! Two beautiful properties with great curb appeal. Right off the bat, I can imagine spots for these in my games. Addy, I especially love the Asian garden/meditation area out back. I can see my real self there. :D Kgaff, your architecture is always so attractive and perfect. Love the warm first-floor interiors and, yes, that's a lot of beds you have there! tee hee

@ciane Such a lovely home with Spanish-flavor. I especially love the open floor plan and the beautiful greens and blues you've used throughout.

@DinoJr Kaelyn and Alejandro look like a very fun couple to have in game. I look forward to checking them out some more, and wanted to say it's really nice that you joined us here for the gifting this time. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @Jessabeans Good heavens, the farmhouse is just wonderful! I think it will fit in very well in my custom Moonlight Falls. I can't imagine what there would have been to be nervous about. LOL I love it, as I love everything you create. All the colors are so lovely and soothing - exterior and interior. Love the playhouse, and the garden ('bout time I finally get acquainted with that tractor), and the decorative and cluttery touches, and . . . and . . . and. I can't wait to get it in game and check it out some more!
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @Jessabeans - I really wouldn't be nervous if I were you. That is an awesome build and I love that you factored in time to catch carpools! That playhouse is so awesome. It's my favorite part! I love that soft lilac color to the study and the wallpaper you chose there as well. The soft blues are most appealing as well. I LOVE the dining area as well with its big windows to let in lots of light and views as well as the simple charm of the plain wooden table and chairs with a gorgeous Grandpa's Grove rug! You've definitely had fun canning! With the barn, tractor layout, and loft, this is just a really great build! LOVE it!!!
    Good afternoon :)
    Wow, so many beautiful game goodies. Sims are so lucky!!!

Gift message links have been posted to the front page.
    Everything has been checked and is CC Free.
    If anything is incorrect or has been accidentally overlooked, my apologies. Please let me know and it'll be fixed asap.

Off to take care of my messy kitchen. Anybody got a neat Sim or maid that needs something to do? I don't mind sharing the workload. LOL
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    @Jessabeans Good heavens, the farmhouse is just wonderful! I think it will fit in very well in my custom Moonlight Falls. I can't imagine what there would have been to be nervous about. LOL I love it, as I love everything you create. All the colors are so lovely and soothing - exterior and interior. Love the playhouse, and the garden ('bout time I finally get acquainted with that tractor), and the decorative and cluttery touches, and . . . and . . . and. I can't wait to get it in game and check it out some more!

Oh good, I'm so glad you like it! I was just nervous that it wasn't what you had in mind. The other builds came together easily but this one, I kept going back to it and redoing the kitchen or moving things around.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Lurking ..... ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @ADWilson I changed my pic once I finally had my own "simself." Hes actually available on my exchange page too, and is as close to my own actual looks and personality as I could manage. None of the tattoos are right though lol.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!!! I would have started the gifting with a build, but the gifts have a specific order to help kind of follow the story <3

Also, WOW. These creations you have all made are amazing! Im busy downloading all of them, and cant wait to play with them <3<3<3
    Whew! Things are being posted so fast, I don't have time to catch up! I don't want to post my gift until I've commented on everyone else's - I don't want to inadvertently miss anyone!

@Kgaff: Once again you show that you are a versatile and clever builder. I would never have thought of doing some of the things you've done, which give your build more personality and uniqueness. What a lovely Victorian, and some of the details had me wonder why I hadn't thought of doing them myself. I don't mean the colors - which you've always been better at than I am - but doing things like putting walls around dressers and bookshelves and such. That often seems to give things more depth, and I never think to do it. Putting the piano in that alcove made it seem more cozy, and - in real life, at least - would allow the music to flow better through the rest of the room. That house would fit into so many worlds, I can easily imagine playing in it.

@suzses: You got me? *squee!* Oh, that house is so perfect! Don't worry about the French names; about as many of the houses that came with the world have English instead of French names. That little house is so perfect! You did things I never would have thought of, and made it so cute! Like the curtains around the beds; sometimes I think of that, but I can't always pull it off. You made it look so natural, it's like, of COURSE you would curtain off beds like that! Why wouldn't you? :D

Where is that inside wooden bench from? It's not familiar to me, but then, I find myself using the same pieces over and over, which is why it's nice to have things made by other people. :) It makes the world not so uniform, and it makes me realize that other pieces are just as good (sometimes better) and gets me out of a rut. :)

@jessabeans: Oh, what a marvelous farm! The house is so beautiful, and I just love that children's playhouse. Who wouldn't want to have something like that to play in? This would look perfect in Moonlight Falls, but I could see playing it in other worlds as well.
    Dear @Mystik1978:

You - yes YOU - are my buddy! I was so pleased when you were assigned to me, because you said you like fantasy and other things that I really like to build.

I was struck most when you said that you love the pets, but have never had a chance to play a family with horses because your previous computer didn't have the power for it. So, since one of your choices of types of builds you like were farm houses, and you said you like playing in DV, I decided to make a farm that fits the DV style of home.

Therefore, I present to you, Mystikal Medieval Farm!

myst-farm-out-01_orig.jpg

It is large enough for a growing family (there is a master bedroom, a crib, and two bunk beds in the living quarters), and has several skilling objects that also will help your Sims gain fun.

As you can see there's a good-sized plot of land reserved in the main area for a garden. While there's no garden there right now, there has been in the past, and the fruits *coughs* of that labor are somewhere in the house. *waves airily* Let's just say... that you won't actually NEED to garden if you don't really want to. Or fish. I even included some omni plant seeds, although I deleted the one I received that was horrifying quality, because who would want it? (Poor little horrifying seed. It's so unwanted!)

There are more - many more - pictures on my website. I had taken even more than that, but you know how it is; as you take pictures, you suddenly realize you forgot something (in my case first it was curtains, then after retaking all of the pictures, I realized I had forgotten rugs, and had to retake all of them again), or that something just does not look RIGHT at all, so once again, all pictures that included that part of the lot had to be retaken... yet again.

You know how it is. Everything has to be RIGHT, or you just won't do it. :p

Ah, but I'm rambling.

Anyway, on the lot there's also a horse jump trainer, although it's difficult to see because of my CASting. The one included is the veriest beginning training item, so I recommend that once your horse starts wishing for the next one up, delete the current one and get him the new one. Some of the higher level trainers are REALLY cool, like a hoop with fire and whatnot. The racing trainers take up too much room, so I usually put them on commercial lots. If you decide to place an equestrian center in your town, you can plop the rabbithole object onto a smaller lot than the default lot is. But if you decide to put it on a large lot, that's a good place to also place the various horse trainers as well. Not sure if the default equestrian lot includes the trainers, since I've never used it.

All objects in the house have been fully Sim tested. I've tested every chair, every terlet, every bed, every stove or oven (of which there are three - yeah I HAD to include the baker stove and the pizza oven, right?), and every skilling item. Even the nectar maker. (Especially the nectar maker. Wait, did I say that? Huh.)

Every item that can be upgraded, has been. Fireproof was of course top priority, and all plumbing items have been set to self-cleaning. NOT unbreakable; I actually like having plumbing on occasion break, so that you can get that handiness challenge for fixing them. And I hate cleaning - irl as well as in Sims - so getting rid of that need is a priority for me. :)

There are secrets in this build, several of them. But you'll have to search for them and explore. Explore is the key word. Indiana Jones would know what to do. :)

This is just the first gift. I'll be back!
    And, I get to give an extra gift today! Because . . .

Several of us have been working on things for you, dear @Catdog123, since your buddy's health problems made it impossible for her to finish your gifts for the exchange. We've decided to call ourselves the Catdog Gift Brigade ;) and I get the privilege of going first. (This is Gift 1 of 4 by the group.)

Today's gift is a suburban one-floor home on a 30x20 lot. Sometimes when I create, I have a little "imp" that sits on my shoulder and suggests ideas to me that make things, well, more interesting. When I say "imp," you might want to picture a Sims 3 gnome. Anyway, said imp popped up right away when I looked at my intended lot, and said "I bet you can't make a one-story, playable family home with an outdoor pool on this lot." Being who I am, I said "of course I can." Imp smiled impishly in reply.

That led to Blue Heron, named for its exterior colors primarily and for the fact that, as I was building it, I was mostly looking at a serene waterfront behind it with willow trees along the shore. I placed it in a "suburban" area on the outskirts of SimMeapolis (at 34 Fir Street). When I was nearly finished, I looked at it from the rear after dark and what a surprise to find that the city was so close by! I had to laugh that I had never noticed it while intent on my building. Anyway, I've included a night shot to show you what I saw.

Blue Heron has three bedrooms, and two baths. Two of the bedrooms are children's rooms and are very small, suitable for one girl and one boy each (I did the girl's room for a child and the boy's for a teen), but they *could* have bunkbeds if you prefer. Please feel free to change them any way you like. The main living area has an open floor plan, and my tester family of four did very well with its layout.

Outdoors there is a two-car carport, behind which is a fenced (and hedge-d) area with lovely pool and just a few buydebug garden plants along the fence. There are no spawners on the lot.

Just a few pictures here and more can be found at: https://www.flickr.com/gp/149259598@N06/8Gn60s

Exchange download link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9211995

41711987951_2445b40691_h.jpgScreenshot-54 by Sue H, on Flickr

39827110380_bbb67f1780_h.jpgScreenshot-117 by Sue H, on Flickr

41634941491_421dff2196_h.jpgScreenshot-63 by Sue H, on Flickr

39904703420_fc84ca9602_h.jpgScreenshot-66 by Sue H, on Flickr

40812764885_6053c33dd6_h.jpgScreenshot-69 by Sue H, on Flickr

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights