Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mac: Resizing objects

Comments

• SimiellaSimiella Posts: 36 Member
    > @Bluebella said:
    > Hi! I know I’m really late in this discussion but does someone know how to make objects smaller with nordic keyboard (I have å, ä and ö) so I can make them bigger with å but please tell how to make them smaller! And I don’t mean the ctrl z because thats just the undo key. I have been searching this in the internet for 3 hours and tried every single one of my keys in Sims but nothing is working :(

I have the same problem! I also have Å, Ä and Ö on my keyboard, Literally tried everything. Looked here, at the swedish forum, on google and no one seems to have the same issue. The most logical thing I guess is to tap P or ´. Is this something the sims team didn't care about or care to post about. If someone know how to size objects on nordic keyboards please tell me. Thanks!
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You'll have to add either the US or UK keyboard configuration to your system preferences.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • On the Norwegian keyboard, you can size up by using the "å"-key. But I have neither found a way to size down.
    You'll have to add either the US or UK keyboard configuration to your system preferences.

Do as @Tremayne4260 said, that worked for me! Although it is an annoying solution, it seems to be the only one available at this time.

• DryodaDryoda Posts: 56 Member
    @Simiella @Bluebella

I don't really know about Mac, since I play with PC, but with nordic keyboard the key for making items smaller is ´ (between ? and Backspace keys) .

Would that work for you too?
  • SimiellaSimiella Posts: 36 Member
    > @Dryoda said:
    > @Simiella @Bluebella
    >
    > I don't really know about Mac, since I play with PC, but with nordic keyboard the key for making items smaller is ´ (between ? and Backspace keys) .
    >
    > Would that work for you too?

Well, I have tried all of the buttons on the keyboard around Å (which makes things bigger) and with alt, shift and cmd on, still didn't work. I guess that if I want to make objects smaller I need to change the keyboard system like @tremayne4260 said. Thanks for replies! :)
  • Ellie_Luvs_CowsEllie_Luvs_Cows Posts: 8 New Member
    > @20lightning09 said:
    > Don't know if it is still relevant but I use the [ and ] but after typing testingcheats I have to select another item, place that, and then choose the item I want to enlarge and press [ by itself. Also objects can't get any smaller than they come originally I believe

ok, but do you know how to make objects bigger with a QWERTZ keyboard? :/ im kinda confused
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > How about adding the UK or USA keyboard in System Preferences?

The pic u added, is it on sims 4? If yes, how do you get the additional stuff like mac and cute books and stuff. I just get regular old stuff! :/
    > @EsnesNommoc said:
    > Assuming you haven't enable cheats, you have to enable the cheats first. :) Press Ctrl + Shift + C and type "testingcheats true" then enter. :)
    > Then you just hold an object in build mode and press Ctrl+[ to make it smaller or Ctrl+] to make it bigger. :)

Ok but, when i do this, the objects dont get bigger, they just go higher! Do you have a solution?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > How about adding the UK or USA keyboard in System Preferences?

The pic u added, is it on sims 4? If yes, how do you get the additional stuff like mac and cute books and stuff. I just get regular old stuff! :/

It’s custom content (CC) that I’ve added into my game :)

apple-signature.png
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > Ellie_Luvs_Cows wrote: »
    >
    > > @BluebellFlora said:
    > > How about adding the UK or USA keyboard in System Preferences?
    >
    > The pic u added, is it on sims 4? If yes, how do you get the additional stuff like mac and cute books and stuff. I just get regular old stuff! :/
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It’s custom content (CC) that I’ve added into my game :)

Oh cool, could you pls tell me how to? I find this soooo cutte :blush:
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > Ellie_Luvs_Cows wrote: »
    >
    > > @BluebellFlora said:
    > > How about adding the UK or USA keyboard in System Preferences?
    >
    > The pic u added, is it on sims 4? If yes, how do you get the additional stuff like mac and cute books and stuff. I just get regular old stuff! :/
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It’s custom content (CC) that I’ve added into my game :)

Oh btw do you know how to make objects bigger on a QWERTZ keyboard? :/
    @Ellie_Luvs_Cows

Just google CC for Sims 4. Tumblr is a great place to look too. For instructions on installing it on a Mac read this guide by itsaprilXD.
    apple-signature.png
    @Ellie_Luvs_Cows

Holding down CTRL and pressing 9 and 0 make objects move up and down. Holding CTRL and [ and ] make objects bigger and smaller. If this doesn't work for you then change you try changing your keyboard layout to USA or UK. You can do this in System Preferences > Keyboard
    apple-signature.png
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > @Ellie_Luvs_Cows
    >
    > Just google CC for Sims 4. Tumblr is a great place to look too. For instructions on installing it on a Mac read this guide by itsaprilXD.

Ok ty, but in your explanation it talks about dragging downloads and stuff, could you pls explain? I don't really understand what i have to download, ty
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > @Ellie_Luvs_Cows
    >
    > Just google CC for Sims 4. Tumblr is a great place to look too. For instructions on installing it on a Mac read this guide by itsaprilXD.

Ok ty but, what kind of websites are safe to download from, could you list some pls ? ty @Ellie_Luvs_Cows
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > @Ellie_Luvs_Cows
    >
    > Holding down CTRL and pressing 9 and 0 make objects move up and down. Holding CTRL and [ and ] make objects bigger and smaller. If this doesn't work for you then change you try changing your keyboard layout to USA or UK. You can do this in System Preferences > Keyboard

OMG TYSM
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > @Ellie_Luvs_Cows
    >

Ok ty but, what kind of websites are safe to download from, could you list some pls ? ty @Ellie_Luvs_Cows

There are hundreds, if not thousands of creators. Just do some googling, that's what I did :)
    apple-signature.png
  • KarentjeuuuuhKarentjeuuuuh Posts: 2 New Member
    I tried evertything i could think of. Shift with [ and] or commando on the mac cause i have iMac. Tried evey other combo i was in this great bit ontging happens the chalets are all on so im confused
  • AstrobitAstrobit Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't know if this was solved in the end or if the solution is in another thread but i have a PC and for me it enlarges objects with ctrl + ? (or ') and makes them small with ctrl + ^ (or ì).. i have an italian keyboard.. but in anycase it's ctrl + the two keys after the numbers
  • OcelavOcelav Posts: 1 New Member
    Ummm i have a french keybord and the [ and the 9 are together ... how to i do it ?? I can only make objects go up and down
    As was stated in the 2nd post of this thread, you may have to change your keyboard settings to US/UK.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Hi ! So I am playing on a macbook pro retina with an AZERTY (french) keyboard, I am able to make objects smaller with command + ), however when I press command + ( to make them bigger it doesn't do anything, just zoom in sometimes. Does anyone else have this problem ? Is there a way to fix it ?
    You will probably have to change the setting of your keyboard to US/UK. Sorry. :(
  • EmmaBTS02EmmaBTS02 Posts: 3 New Member
    I also have this problem. I have a Danish keyboard. I've tried every combination and I can only seem to make objects bigger with the å button, but not smaller. I've tried everything. Also changing my keyboard to US-pc, but when I go into the game it changes back to Danish and doesn't work. What do I do?
  • EmmaBTS02EmmaBTS02 Posts: 3 New Member
    And now I can't move things up and down anymore which I could do smoothly before, now it just doesn't work. Help