Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't get guaranteed diagnostic on kids

Why can't my doctors (9th career level) never have a guaranteed diagnosis on kids? I go through every option but they're too young for the treadmill tests, so it's never enough to figure it out (and I have to run every single test on adults).

That's ridiculous...

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I don't think the intention is for players to seek out guaranteed diagnoses all of the time. They're useful at the beginning of the career when you're learning the symptoms of each disease but by level 9 you really shouldn't need them. The idea at that point is more to run just a few tests to narrow down the choices a little bit, and then use past experience with the symptoms to pick the correct diagnosis.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    You can still get that guaranteed diagnosis sometimes also on a child.
    2rxg03t.png

Sometimes though as @Cupid says you just have to make a decision. Using the symptoms you see or don't see helps. Picking a patient to work on helps me. I try to pick one with evident symptoms. It makes it more fun for me that way also.
    On this patient in the picture I pretty much had to do everything nearly a full exam, swab and x-ray. The dx finally popped up when analysing the swab sample.

egTcBMc.png
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    just do two xrays and go through all the examinations plus test a sample and you should get a guarantee.