Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    KhemKat19 wrote: »
    Thanks Jules! I've been really enjoying it! Back when I played the first time around, I had no idea CC/mods existed (didn't start with those til TS3), so now I'm finding out how pretty Sims 2 sims can actually be!! And naturally going crazy downloading CC for it :D<3:)

That sounds familiar!! :D *raises hand** me too.
  • simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    @PrincessrozeeS I hope you've figured it out already but if you haven't then EA got rid of SecuROM in a recent update while the discs will have it, that may be what's causing your problem but that's just a guess.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I have The Sims 2, all the EPs and most of the SPs on CDs and DVDs when they came out back in the day. SecuROM is BRUTAL, so I've been afraid to install it on later computers. I'm so happy that EA decided to give a digital version of it. I acquired mine last year. The customer service rep I got was knowledgeable about the TS2 UL offer and I still have the originals so I didn't have any problems getting it free.

The Sims 3 is a tough act to live up to though. I thought I'd be excited to play TS2 after so long, but once I've experienced open world and CASt, it's been pretty hard to go back to playing TS2. I still appreciate the fine details of TS2 though like sims animations for getting in and out of cars, and the restaurant experience of having maitre'ds, waiters and chefs, and Open For Business store game play still being the best of the business systems in The Sims franchises. So when I play TS2, I play it for the business game play. I also still love Bon Voyage and have my sims go on vacation often too.
    I have The Sims 2, all the EPs and most of the SPs on CDs and DVDs when they came out back in the day. SecuROM is BRUTAL, so I've been afraid to install it on later computers. I'm so happy that EA decided to give a digital version of it. I acquired mine last year. The customer service rep I got was knowledgeable about the TS2 UL offer and I still have the originals so I didn't have any problems getting it free.

The Sims 3 is a tough act to live up to though. I thought I'd be excited to play TS2 after so long, but once I've experienced open world and CASt, it's been pretty hard to go back to playing TS2. I still appreciate the fine details of TS2 though like sims animations for getting in and out of cars, and the restaurant experience of having maitre'ds, waiters and chefs, and Open For Business store game play still being the best of the business systems in The Sims franchises. So when I play TS2, I play it for the business game play. I also still love Bon Voyage and have my sims go on vacation often too.

Hate to break it to you, but if you downloaded the UC from Origin a year ago, you have Securom on your pc. They didn't remove it until recently. Even if you have the latest patch by them when they removed it from the game and tied it to Origin, you still have it if you didn't remove it yourself. All future downloads, and those after the update are fine, but before that no. Securom doesn't install in the same place as the game, so even a uninstall and reinstall won't get rid of it. If you want it gone, Google Leefish Securom removal and instructions are there. Can't link because the forum hates Leefish now :persevere:
  • Hass6364Hass6364 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey guys, need some help and don't know where to post! I recently just got the UC on windows 10 from origin, downloaded it ok but when I launch it, the screen has "waves" and glitches out, it doesn't harm gameplay it's just annoying.

I launched it in windows mode and this fixed it but is there anyway to fix it so I can play in fullscreen mode? Thanks!
  • Hass6364Hass6364 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @JULES1111 said:
    > ClarionOfJoy wrote: »
    >
    > I have The Sims 2, all the EPs and most of the SPs on CDs and DVDs when they came out back in the day. SecuROM is BRUTAL, so I've been afraid to install it on later computers. I'm so happy that EA decided to give a digital version of it. I acquired mine last year. The customer service rep I got was knowledgeable about the TS2 UL offer and I still have the originals so I didn't have any problems getting it free.
    >
    > The Sims 3 is a tough act to live up to though. I thought I'd be excited to play TS2 after so long, but once I've experienced open world and CASt, it's been pretty hard to go back to playing TS2. I still appreciate the fine details of TS2 though like sims animations for getting in and out of cars, and the restaurant experience of having maitre'ds, waiters and chefs, and Open For Business store game play still being the best of the business systems in The Sims franchises. So when I play TS2, I play it for the business game play. I also still love Bon Voyage and have my sims go on vacation often too.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hate to break it to you, but if you downloaded the UC from Origin a year ago, you have Securom on your pc. They didn't remove it until recently. Even if you have the latest patch by them when they removed it from the game and tied it to Origin, you still have it if you didn't remove it yourself. All future downloads, and those after the update are fine, but before that no. Securom doesn't install in the same place as the game, so even a uninstall and reinstall won't get rid of it. If you want it gone, Google Leefish Securom removal and instructions are there. Can't link because the forum hates Leefish now :persevere:

You posted recently, maybe you could help?
    Hass6364 wrote: »
    Hey guys, need some help and don't know where to post! I recently just got the UC on windows 10 from origin, downloaded it ok but when I launch it, the screen has "waves" and glitches out, it doesn't harm gameplay it's just annoying.

I launched it in windows mode and this fixed it but is there anyway to fix it so I can play in fullscreen mode? Thanks!

You need to run the graphic rules so the game recognizes your video card. You can get that here: https://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with

Depending on your graphics card, you may have to go into the files and tweak it a little by hand after running the graphic rules. I nstructions for that here: http://simlili.tumblr.com/post/146373494212

Try the graphic rules, then go into game and see if you have better graphics and in the game options can change the screen resolution, turn smooth edges to high. If you can't change the resolution or smooth edges you will have to go into the files by hand. So far we have noticed GTX 960 and above seem to need to be tweaked by hand after.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2018
    Its so strange, I just bought a laptop, and wanted to install the double delux copy I have on origin. But I click on it the option to download the ultermate collection poped up.

I already own it all on disks expect for the double delux and its contents. Normally have to download it then install the rest by disk.

Is is available again?

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Its so strange, I just bought a laptop, and wanted to install the double delux copy I have on origin. But I click on it the option to download the ultermate collection poped up.

I already own it all on disks expect for the double delux and its contents. Normally have to download it then install the rest by disk.

Is is available again?

I think that if you had TS2 in your Origin library at the time that they released UC, it was automatically given to you. I found out about the UC almost a year late and was so sad to learn I had missed it, but then was browsing through my Origin one day and was shocked to see that I did have it! I definitely hadn't asked for it, but was super happy to see it, lol.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    > @JULES1111 said:
    >
    > I have The Sims 2, all the EPs and most of the SPs on CDs and DVDs when they came out back in the day. SecuROM is BRUTAL, so I've been afraid to install it on later computers. I'm so happy that EA decided to give a digital version of it. I acquired mine last year. The customer service rep I got was knowledgeable about the TS2 UL offer and I still have the originals so I didn't have any problems getting it free.
    >
    > The Sims 3 is a tough act to live up to though. I thought I'd be excited to play TS2 after so long, but once I've experienced open world and CASt, it's been pretty hard to go back to playing TS2. I still appreciate the fine details of TS2 though like sims animations for getting in and out of cars, and the restaurant experience of having maitre'ds, waiters and chefs, and Open For Business store game play still being the best of the business systems in The Sims franchises. So when I play TS2, I play it for the business game play. I also still love Bon Voyage and have my sims go on vacation often too.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hate to break it to you, but if you downloaded the UC from Origin a year ago, you have Securom on your pc. They didn't remove it until recently. Even if you have the latest patch by them when they removed it from the game and tied it to Origin, you still have it if you didn't remove it yourself. All future downloads, and those after the update are fine, but before that no. Securom doesn't install in the same place as the game, so even a uninstall and reinstall won't get rid of it. If you want it gone, Google Leefish Securom removal and instructions are there. Can't link because the forum hates Leefish now :persevere:

Thanks for the concern and suggestion! The SecuROM they have on the TS2 UL now isn't as bad as the original I have in my DVDs back then. The original DESTROYED my computer back then even though I wasn't doing anything pirate-y! I'm sure I have the current SecuROM on my computer right now, but I'm fine with it. (Actually, I'm just too lazy, lol!) I'm going to buy another computer next year anyway.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    > @JULES1111 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Thanks for the concern and suggestion! The SecuROM they have on the TS2 UL now isn't as bad as the original I have in my DVDs back then. The original DESTROYED my computer back then even though I wasn't doing anything pirate-y! I'm sure I have the current SecuROM on my computer right now, but I'm fine with it. (Actually, I'm just too lazy, lol!) I'm going to buy another computer next year anyway.

Yeah, old Securom had no way to tell if you were a pirate or not, it just went after the bits of your computer that could theoretically be used to pirate a game. New Securom is apparently less rabid, but... I don't want it anyway. :)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

Is is available again?

I think that if you had TS2 in your Origin library at the time that they released UC, it was automatically given to you. I found out about the UC almost a year late and was so sad to learn I had missed it, but then was browsing through my Origin one day and was shocked to see that I did have it! I definitely hadn't asked for it, but was super happy to see it, lol.

I tried quite a few times to get it contacting them by live chat. The last time in 2017. Kept telling me it was no longer available and they couldn't add it for me.

So when I clicked on my double deluxe copy in origin to download it,the option to download the whole collection was so strange.

Anyway its a appreciated. I was having trouble with some of my old disks and now don't need to use them so happy.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I got a copy today. It's the third time I've tried. It's downloading and I'm so excited!
    Grats @gummybear0724 !! Hope you enjoy playing again. :)
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Grats @gummybear0724 !! Hope you enjoy playing again. :)

Thanks! I'm so excited to play!
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    Are they still doing this? All my Sims 2 discs were ruined by water damage, still got the instruction booklets with the keys on each one that I kept separately (Ironically, I kept the discs in a secure location while I just kept the binder full of keys in my closet. Turns out it was the discs that got ruined while my keys up in the closet were safe and sound lol)
    Are they still doing this? All my Sims 2 discs were ruined by water damage, still got the instruction booklets with the keys on each one that I kept separately (Ironically, I kept the discs in a secure location while I just kept the binder full of keys in my closet. Turns out it was the discs that got ruined while my keys up in the closet were safe and sound lol)

Yup. You can still get it. :) Sometimes you might have to try more then one rep, but if you get a useless one, just try again.
  • Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    I really want to get this but pretty sure I don’t have my disks anymore, anyone any advice? Should I look to buy the base game?
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
    Vicks06 wrote: »
    I really want to get this but pretty sure I don’t have my disks anymore, anyone any advice? Should I look to buy the base game?

You can look into buying one, but you can try without one too. Some reps give it out if they see other sims games in your Origin account. It might take more tries without a game, but people are still getting it recently, even without a disk.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited April 2018

You can look into buying one, but you can try without one too. Some reps give it out if they see other sims games in your Origin account. It might take more tries without a game, but people are still getting it recently, even without a disk.

I have them on disc currently but I think all of the codes have already been used since I bought the disks used online and book stores that carry old pc games. I really wouldn't mind having TS2 on origin so I wouldn't have to keep uninstalling it just to install all of the discs.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

BMSO wrote: »

I have them on disc currently but I think all of the codes have already been used since I bought the disks used online and book stores that carry old pc games. I really wouldn't mind having TS2 on origin so I wouldn't have to keep uninstalling it just to install all of the discs.

Usually if you have a code that is not valid for whatever reason, they have you send them a picture of the disk, code and date. Then they will put UC in your Origin account.
  • AllysaNellieAllysaNellie Posts: 58 Member
    I posted on the EA forums but got no response, so I figured I'd try here where I've had better luck in the past. I have TS2 UC from Origin, and it downloaded without a problem. The problem I'm having is that it won't play, saying that I need Origin on my computer. I obviously have Origin on my laptop, otherwise I couldn't download the game, but that obviously isn't working with my TS2 UC game. HELP!
    I posted on the EA forums but got no response, so I figured I'd try here where I've had better luck in the past. I have TS2 UC from Origin, and it downloaded without a problem. The problem I'm having is that it won't play, saying that I need Origin on my computer. I obviously have Origin on my laptop, otherwise I couldn't download the game, but that obviously isn't working with my TS2 UC game. HELP!

Hmm are you logged into Origin when you play? I am not sure about this issue, I got UC before they tied it to Origin, and never updated. So I don't need Origin to play. Hopefully someone who is using Origin to play will be able to help you out here.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    BMSO wrote: »

Usually if you have a code that is not valid for whatever reason, they have you send them a picture of the disk, code and date. Then they will put UC in your Origin account.

Ah, ok. May just have to see if I can get them in case my disks get lost cause that gets expensive when replacing them.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Hello! I don't know why I said earlier that I've got it. :open_mouth: I didn't actually, ever. I am trying from time to time to get it, but there's always some issues... I don't own any TS2 game, and today they've told me that I can have it if I buy it from Amazon, or even iTunes, and give them the proof of purchase. Then, again, on Facebook, they've told me the same: that I can't have it if I don't show them the proof of ownership. :neutral: I have the urge to write to them on Facebook "could you please make an exception?"... but I don't know, it would be too desperate... Hm... Actually, I'll do it now. I don't have anything to loose...