Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird things you tend to do in your game more often than you want to admit

I like to see how other people play the game and what are the tendencies and weirder stuff you tend to do in your game.
What I mean by this is odd choices you make for your sims or the way you set up your households and what strange patterns you repeat over and over almost without noticing.

I start with one myself:

I realised that when I feel like playing a little bit more dramatic or "soap opery" I often create two YA heterosexual couples that live in different houses and become good friends, then for one reason or another they end up all living together and I make both female pregnant at the same time by their partners. While the two female sims are pregnant they become very very close until they get romantic, I make them fall in love and I either kill their husbands in an "accident" or if I feel less deviant I make the husbands find out and seek for divorce.
Then the two female sims become a proper couple and raise their kids together. Then, I usually end up hooking the kids up when they are teens.

I did this once a couple of years ago, and since then, I have done it more often than I would like to admit :D

What are your weird choices or stuff you keep repeating in your game?
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I have a few I do ... mostly it's to entertain me between doing other stuff, mostly. This is one.
    For some reason I love to create a single male sim. The story goes one of three ways usually. He can be goodlooking, alien, or mutant.. mutant meaning not just ugly but stretched weird. Then he goes out and haves his way with anyone that can be impregnated in the sim world regardless of marital or other relationship status. He OWNS the place. If it continues to hold my interest he usually leaves when the baby bump forms and continues to make the rounds. He comes back later to age up the babies.. at this point I usually start adjusting the baby mommas homes and lose interest. Sometimes I age the children up to teen to at least see the genetics.
    I do tend to give them stories and usually if it's an alien they have a higher purpose.. world domination. If it's a good looker it also goes on diff paths.. he could just be a sleazy type, he could also be a gold digger and depending on the mods I have installed he could be a serial killer. If it's a mutant it's just to giggle over it. Lately I've been giving them all the evil trait though. Usually because drama unfolds with angry spouses, and often encouraged divorce or worse. When that baby bump shows up though he's outta there and on to the next victim. If I keep playing that save he goes back to age them up... sometimes I age them to a teen so I can see the genetics.
    I also throw in a variety of mods now and then and change up the stories some....

I'm not sure why I go back and play this way frequently. This is just one of my paths. I use to do something like this in Sims 2 on a much smaller scale so I guess it's just an expansion of that.
    egTcBMc.png
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    Over the past year-year and a half or so, I keep starting new saves every few months (give or take) just to recreate the same main sims and play out their lives in virtually the same way. Nine times out of ten, I’ve restarted due to glitches and what not, but I’m currently restarting because I now have a new computer capable of running this game the way it’s meant to be run. I’m really excited about finally getting to play on it, but I wish I had realized beforehand how long saving lots from the old save to transfer to the new computer would take...:lol:

Anyway, I’ve come to the conclusion that I must be a hopeless romantic. Whenever my sims become involved with someone, they always marry them and stay with them for their entire lives. I play “player” sims occasionally, but not nearly as often as I play faithful ones. In the saves I’ve been playing over the past year or so, the main sim I play marries the same townie, has two children, has the same career, lives in the same world, etc. Her younger sister grows up playing with the League of Adventurers, where she befriends all three children and becomes BFFs with Elsa Bjergsen. There’s some tension within the family due to the older sister not wanting her younger sister getting mixed up with local “bad boy” Max Villareal, but the younger sister’s not the type to obey authority, even if her older sister is her guardian. Once the children grow up, the younger sister ends up dating Max behind her sister’s back. He’s actually a very sweet character once you get used to his Evil trait, and I like fleshing out his character. As many times as I’ve played as him, I feel that he’s not genuinely evil; just damaged from his unstable upbringing and loss of his mother. He makes a really good father and wonderful partner to my sim, and I adore a childhood sweetheart storyline. I love it so much that as many times as I’ve played it with my sims, I go back to it repeatedly. I find it so interesting that many players do cause a lot of drama and break-ups in their games, and I’m over here planning wedding after wedding and happily-ever-after after happily-ever-after. :joy: Maybe I’m just too “good”.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't know it it is weird, but a repeating pattern in my games is my sims forming factions and acting out rivalries with other factions. Often I set it up like that in the beginning, but even if I don't, it usually ends up this way. Also regardless of what social class my sims start in, sooner or later they all end up in positions of power (what in turn can lift their rivalries to some pretty dangerous level). I think the reason for this is that I'm more interested in advancing my worlds' overall story than in the individual households.
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    I really like making graveyards in The Sims, but how do you make enough dead sims to fill one? Why, you make a death game of course. Sometimes I won't do anything special and will just lock them in a room to burn or fence them in a pool, but sometime it just needs a bit of a spice to it. So I make two rooms, both with four beds, as well as a building with various death hazards (depending on the game) and one with various games and challenges (also depending on the game). First, I put them into two teams of four, (Which is why there's two four bed rooms, the max household is only8) and then put them up to a game or challenge. So for the first one I might do something like have four chess tables, and each one would have a member of A team and B team against each other. There's two ways I'll handle this. Rather the first one to win's team gets the win, or I see how many win and base it on that. So when one wins a challenge their team will rather get a reward or not have to face the next Death Challenge, sometimes both. So next I would have the losers, go do something that would lead to their death. Such as fence them into a pool. I then wait for the first one to die before letting them out. If more than one dies at once, it just makes things easier for me. I call this "One Who Endures", and I do it way to often.
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • Didrika2001Didrika2001 Posts: 64 Member
    I do the 100 baby challenge but I make my own rules. I just like seeing how many generations does it take to reach it, what the benefits are, and so on. Last daughter born before the mom becomes an elder is the one who continues the journey. It's very... entertaining. I dunno why
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I love reading all your quirks and patterns!
    It's so amazing to see how differently everyone plays their game.
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    More_Moore wrote: »
    *pauses game*
    *queues up one or a few actions*
    *watches actions play out*
    *pauses game*
    etc. etc. etc.

I'm pretty sure most of my game is on pause. I usually never click on things to do unless the game is paused.......

People watching me play says it drives them nuts with all the stopping/going XD

@More_Moore I do that too! I don't trust my sims to behave off pause (I mean it's hard enough to get them to behave as it is without giving them free will while I figure out what to do next and queue up actions for them)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    samemie wrote: »
    *pauses game*
    *pauses game*
    etc. etc. etc.

I'm pretty sure most of my game is on pause. I usually never click on things to do unless the game is paused.......

@More_Moore I do that too! I don't trust my sims to behave off pause (I mean it's hard enough to get them to behave as it is without giving them free will while I figure out what to do next and queue up actions for them)

:smile: Me too! I want to control every action of my Sims' lives. I rarely play with autonomy on, and then only when I've just got two Sims in the house and can supervise them. They're sneaky, though. I think I've got them set for their morning routine, and next thing I know, they're staring at the talking toilet again.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    *pauses game*
    *pauses game*
    etc. etc. etc.

I always just assumed that was the normal thing to do. XD (Though personally I just keep queuing things up as they go when I'm sure they're distracted.)
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    *pauses game*
    *pauses game*
    etc. etc. etc.

That's how I play too! It takes me at least an hour to get through one sim day because how much I pause the game.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    *pauses game*
    *pauses game*
    etc. etc. etc.

That's how I play too! It takes me at least an hour to get through one sim day because how much I pause the game.

It drives me nuts watching people play who DON'T do this. O-O
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hahaha that's funny OP! Do you happen to have a grudge against men irl? Or do male sims just not interest you enough to stay alive in your game...

I have a quirk too. I like playing with outdated social codes and social class, although I adapt them to a more modern egalitarian view (in terms of gender). I always play sims that would be considered rich and from a high social status. Sometimes I go through a rags to riches process, sometimes I create them directly like that (especially when wanting to test a pack). Depending on how many members of the family I want to play with, I either create a couple or a widower (either male or female), and then their children (between two and four of them usually, of all ages). I'm also a hopeless romantic so if it is a couple they will never cheat on each other nor divorce, but if one of them is dead I can make the other one have a new lover (sometimes even from a lower social status, if I want more drama). If I want more "nobles" to play with I can even add aunts, uncles and/or cousins to the family.
    Usually the family follows a very strict code of tradition, rules and beliefs. Mariage is "sacred" and the teens daughter/son sometimes already have a "betrothed" (often in an arranged mariage setting). The family consider themselves (and is considered by others) as superior (think Malfoy/Black in Harry Potter). They are often somewhat evil, sometimes vampires or practicing voodoo magic (but not necessary). Also they are always somewhat good-looking and with very strong personnalities and interests.
    And I always add one or several outsiders to the household. They can be servants, friends of the teens hosted by the family, the new lover of the single parent... or any other reason I can't think of to have them there. After all, what is the point of playing nobles if there is no lower social status to compare them to? X)
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited April 2018
    loutredor wrote: »
    Hahaha that's funny OP! Do you happen to have a grudge against men irl? Or do male sims just not interest you enough to stay alive in your game...

I have a quirk too. I like playing with outdated social codes and social class, although I adapt them to a more modern egalitarian view (in terms of gender). I always play sims that would be considered rich and from a high social status. Sometimes I go through a rags to riches process, sometimes I create them directly like that (especially when wanting to test a pack). Depending on how many members of the family I want to play with, I either create a couple or a widower (either male or female), and then their children (between two and four of them usually, of all ages). I'm also a hopeless romantic so if it is a couple they will never cheat on each other nor divorce, but if one of them is dead I can make the other one have a new lover (sometimes even from a lower social status, if I want more drama). If I want more "nobles" to play with I can even add aunts, uncles and/or cousins to the family.
    Usually the family follows a very strict code of tradition, rules and beliefs. Mariage is "sacred" and the teens daughter/son sometimes already have a "betrothed" (often in an arranged mariage setting). The family consider themselves (and is considered by others) as superior (think Malfoy/Black in Harry Potter). They are often somewhat evil, sometimes vampires or practicing voodoo magic (but not necessary). Also they are always somewhat good-looking and with very strong personnalities and interests.
    And I always add one or several outsiders to the household. They can be servants, friends of the teens hosted by the family, the new lover of the single parent... or any other reason I can't think of to have them there. After all, what is the point of playing nobles if there is no lower social status to compare them to? X)

No grudge against men irl :D And I do like to play with male sims, I just don't know why I recreate this specific scenario sometimes hahaha

Your quirk sounds like a fun thing to try out! How do you choose the "betrothed"? And do you make them date and such as teens or do you wait until they are YA?
    I like the addition of some outsiders to the household, I guess it keeps things interesting.
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    i kill ugly people
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    loutredor wrote: »

No grudge against men irl :D And I do like to play with male sims, I just don't know why I recreate this specific scenario sometimes hahaha

Your quirk sounds like a fun thing to try out! How do you choose the "betrothed"? And do you make them date and such as teens or do you wait until they are YA?
    I like the addition of some outsiders to the household, I guess it keeps things interesting.

Yeah you know what, I think playing The Sims could be a very effective way to study the unconscious mind XD

The betrothed I usually create myself and add him/her to the household (I often imagine a colonial setting in which either we are a colony and the teen travelled from the main land, or vice-versa). I imagine it as a period for the teens to get to know each other and for the son/daughter from the main family to court their future spouse. They are treated as well as the other members and have a room of their own (a guest room) until the teens grow up and get married.
    Sometimes my main family can be friends or lovers with sims I didn't create if I really like them but that doesn't happen much.
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    When I want to play a new game, I tend to always start out with a female YA sim. Then I try to find her a boyfriend, of which I usually end up making in cas and putting in a separate house. They fall in love. Then I try really, really hard not to make them start a family right away. Because I want to focus on other things! But I fail. I like the toddlers.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    *pauses game*
    *pauses game*
    etc. etc. etc.

Me too. If I don't do this I feel there would be anarchy.
  • peeanggpeeangg Posts: 66 Member
    I made it a rule where every elder I play must die from Woohoo
  • Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    *pauses game*
    *pauses game*
    etc. etc. etc.

A combination of this plus rapidly switching between Speed 1 and Speed 3 for me. It's gotten to the point where the game freezes in confusion and I'm afraid I'm going to break it lol.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Thanks to November 2017 patch for Cats and Dogs, dead sims who get culled will stay in the family tree and releasing them to netherworld will actually delete the sim.
    Lately I have been creating ancestors for my sims, then having them die by different ways like old age (forced by cheat), fire, pufferfish etc. After all of their spirits have been released to netherworld, the family tree for my sims looks much nicer than one sim. I can see my sims' parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and other ancestors.
    One of my latest "ancestor projects" include a sim, whose parents and father's parents all have died by over-excertion due to excersise while his mother's parents and cousin's husband's parents have died by old age. It can make interesting backstories, but it also seems like cheating to get more generations faster.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I create way too many teenage and child orphans.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    *pauses game*
    *pauses game*
    etc. etc. etc.

I used to do that a lot, especially in TS2. Now I believe I'm a little 'better' about loosing control ;)

Other then that, a lot of my Sims are creative in some way, I guess you could call it a returning pattern. And almost all my families have a painter, not neccessary a professional one ( not in the career). I think I just like creative people ;) and painting is amazing for making extra money.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I destroy the goth family, usually their relationships with eachother then their lives. Its sort of a tradition every time i buy a new sims game.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ArsenGirlArsenGirl Posts: 89 Member
    > @More_Moore said:
    > *pauses game*
    > *queues up one or a few actions*
    > *watches actions play out*
    > *pauses game*
    > *queues up one or a few actions*
    > etc. etc. etc.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure most of my game is on pause. I usually never click on things to do unless the game is paused.......
    >
    > People watching me play says it drives them nuts with all the stopping/going XD

I love this!
    -Heather
    EA Game Changer - Sims Lover
    YouTube & Instagram - ArsenGirlGaming / Gallery - ArsenGirl / Gamertag - ArsenGirl / Twitter - ArsenGirl