Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighbors noises in homes.

I remember back when Sims 4 first came out, if you hovered over a neighbors home you could hear sounds of different things going on in their homes like music playing, the TV going and I think cooking and stuff. I noticed it's been missing from the game for a while now does anyone know when it was removed or if it will return? Maybe its bugged and they haven't acknowledged it?

Comments

• shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    That’s cool but I don’t remember it being a thing.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I don't remember it being there either
  • DoodleSmack32DoodleSmack32 Posts: 50 Member
    I think it only happened to indicate that a Sim was currently at home so you could visit them. It was all the way back in 2014 when the game first released.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I've never noticed it but then I only been playing since last august. Personally it would be a really neat feature.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I've never noticed it. I've only heard it when my sims actually visit the neighbor's lots.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    That’s really interesting; I also don’t ever recall that being a feature in the game. I do know that once a neighbor’s lot is loaded, I’ve heard their music and TV in their house before my sim has knocked on the door. However, once I’m playing on my own sims’ lot, I can’t hear anything happening in their neighbors’ homes. I know for sure that you can hear things happening in neighbors’ homes in TS3, though. I’ve heard babies crying, cats meowing, doors opening and closing, and most often, blaring music. It’s really annoying, and not too unlike one of my own neighbors IRL. :lol: I guess that’s probably why I don’t really mind it not being a feature in TS4.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I don't remember sounds, but can't we see neighbor sims inside their houses?
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Really? Even I don't remember it.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited April 2018
    You know, I think I vaguely recall something like this--could be a Mandela Effect situation. :)
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    I remember that! I didn't even notice it doesn't happen anymore though. But I used to love it and I used to just look in the windows listening, thinking it be cool if we could see them moving around in there too.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • DoodleSmack32DoodleSmack32 Posts: 50 Member
    Ok so I'm not crazy then lol!! Yeah they took it out maybe that's why they took it out, it probably effected performance and not many people seemed to acknowledge it :D:D:D