Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best expansions, stuff pack, or game pack so far.

2...Next

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'd say Get Together is my favorite Expansion Pack. Movie Hangout is probably my favorite Stuff Pack; I use its doors all the time.

I know it's been a long time, but my favorite Game Pack must be Outdoor Retreat, because I just love collecting stuff (and I'm remodelling Granite Falls National Park). Vampires is right behind it though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • jason712jason712 Posts: 83 Member
    Expansion: Surprisingly Get Together, really thought I'd hate it but it did add a lot of fun gameplay.

GP: Vampires for sure

SP: Erm I only own two and they're disappointing, the kids one which I don't have probably has the most items I'd use, plus the card game looks fun. Honestly I think SPs could have disappeared with GPs coming into the mix. GPs cost slightly more but add new deep gameplay and more CAS and build/buy items.
  • MsLaJadeMsLaJade Posts: 4 New Member
    @gazzingirl44 It depends on how you like to play the game; building or gameplay focused, your design style, if you like RL play or fantasy based. I recommend checking out pack overviews on the SimsVIP, Carl's Guide or by Simmers on YouTube - theenglishsimmer, deligracy, thesimsupply, lgr - to name a few, have all done great jobs on giving you a rundown on what's in each pack, then you can make a truly informed decision. However, IMO, I would suggest start with the EPs, as they all have they all add the most as far as content and overall experience to gameplay, then decide on the GPs and SPs. Since there is a 50 percent off sale on EPs right now, the investment will be lighter on the pockets and will be worth it. :)
  • mlemcattmlemcatt Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm still deciding. I don't know if I should buy GT or CL. Since I would really like having new worlds, GTW may be the last expansion I buy. I love Windenburg, because it's just so beautiful. Meanwhile, CL offers apartments and it seems so exciting! Help, I can't decide either.
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    SimsCathy wrote: »
    I'm still deciding. I don't know if I should buy GT or CL. Since I would really like having new worlds, GTW may be the last expansion I buy. I love Windenburg, because it's just so beautiful. Meanwhile, CL offers apartments and it seems so exciting! Help, I can't decide either.

That is truly a tough one because I can't imagine my game without either! GT adds lots of new interactions and the club system is just awesome. And yes, Windenburg is just gorgeous. I also really love the premade characters that come with it.

I think CL is one of the most thought out and diverse packs there is, all of the ethnic inspired stuff in it is crazy. The new CAS items are really cool, gives the game a very diverse and cultural feel. I definitely have a special appreciation for it. The premades in this one are also great!!

Lol, my comment really isn't much help. I guess to be the most occupied with and the content, I'd say CL. But if I were you I'd definitely buy GT at some point or another.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited February 2017
    ladybreid wrote: »
    #1-Toddler patch
    #2- kids stuff
    #3- everything else

This pretty much for me too lol. Nana was totally right, "The best things in life are free" lol
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I need all of it lol. But the one thing I've had the most fun with is City Living, followed by Kids and Movie Stuff.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    EP: City Living
    GP: Dine out

I don´t own any SP yet, but I'd like to buy kids room first.
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    One SP I really love (which surprised me because before I became interested in it, I thought it was a pointless pack) is Romantic Garden. I just LOVE the beautiful build/buy mode objects. And the garden that Maxis uploaded to the gallery using its stuff is gorgeous. I wouldn't name it my favorite SP, just one that I really really like. Before I explored more of what came with it, I thought "oh, a garden pack? Boring! Won't be getting that one!" But now I feel totally different about it.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • ScrapbooksimsScrapbooksims Posts: 144 Member
    Thank you everyone for the input. I narrowed it down between Get Together and City Living. In the end I chose City Living because it is currently cheaper on Amazon for the code.

Congratulations, City Living is my current favorite. San Myshuno is vibrant & colorful with lively neighbors. Enjoy the pack :) You may consider getting Get Together too next time, its also a great pack.

My favorite game pack is Dine Out & stuff pack will be Movie Hangout. Unfortunately can't get them since they're only available in digital format.

• millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    EP: Get Together
    GP: Vampires
    SP: Vintage Glamour or Kids Room
    moss

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Hmmm, this is kind of tough to decide for EP and stuff packs, but I know that the Vampires gamepack is my number one favorite release of everything so far. I really like the aliens this time around and I love the science career in Get to Work, but the clubs feature of Get Together combined with the gorgeous map of Windenburg is hard for me to live without. Plus, I do like the bar theme nights and having night clubs, so I'm going to say....

GP - Vampires hands down, over everything.
    EP - Get Together with Get to Work close behind.
    SP - Spooky Stuff with Vintage Glamour and Romantic Garden tied in a very close second.

The stuff packs are so hard to choose for me. Halloween is my absolute favorite time of year and I love having unusual sims in my game so I use the costumes a lot. Plus, pumpkins! But the butler is my top favorite npc and I use him/her all time, they are exactly what I needed for my households. And the wishing well from Romantic Garden is a wonderful addition of deviance so I put it in all of my public parks and graveyards, and some residential gardens. :)
    #Team Occult
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Get Together: I enjoy the club system and it seems to add the most new things to do with dancing, arcade game, dartboard, diving platform and the DJ booth and more
    Spa Day: As much as I do enjoy Dine Out its limitations in forcing the player to only be able to play as the manager makes Spa Day the best game pack
    Kids Room: Perfection Kids Room sticks to its theme and does it well its the Game Pack of Stuff Packs
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    EP: City Living. Get Together is a close second mostly because Windenburg is so pretty to look at.

GP: Vampires hands down. It's what got me to play more (and toddlers were added around the same time so that helped).

SP: It doesn't matter much to me. It's all just more stuff, and I'm always happy to have more stuff.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Expansion: Get Together because of its club features, but City Living is a close second because I like the world/atmosphere.

Game Pack: Probably Dine Out. Taking my sims out for family meals or on dates is so much easier than in TS3.

Stuff Pack: Depending on how it plays, possibly the bowling one! Just to add another activity/outing to the list.
  • SarahluvsunicornsSarahluvsunicorns Posts: 6 New Member
    EP: City living
    GP: Parenthood

I love city living because it adds so much, apartments, festivals, a cool new world and so much more

My favourite pack of all time is Parenthood, it adds so much and makes the game alot more fun with parenting, before I had this pack I hated my sims having children, but after I got it I got a family that I play everyday that I can't live without because of all the new fun things that you can do!

I don't have any stuff packs but I think that the one that I want the most is probably Vintage glamour, because it adds buttlers, but I dont really know, and everyone has different opinions, but those are my favourites.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    EP: Get Together (I love how they did the club system in this game and in my opinion, it is vastly superior to previous games). Next is City Living because I always loved living in apartments in previous game.

GP: Parenthood (influencing/punishing/praising/advising from toddlers to teenagers which is not exactly perfect but is definitively a big step in the right direction) by far then Vampires and Dine Out (restaurants).

SP: Don't own any so far.