Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CASPartRegionMap Resource (0xac16fbec)

SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
By request, here is the .bt file for the CAS Part Region Map (type 0xac16fbec).

This resource defines how a particular CAS Part interacts with other CAS Parts on the Sim. For example, how boots and pants interact: Should the boot appear on top of the pant (if pants are tight) or under the pant (if the pants are loose). Another common case it defining how hairs and hats interact.

The game considers the region and sorting information for all the CAS Parts on the sim to determine what geometry pieces should be used to render each part. This region, sorting and geometry information is all defined in this resource.

-SGMS
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
    Thank you - very helpful info and explanation!
    cmarNYC on MTS.
  • SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    edited April 2018
    Uhhh, what kind of file is this and what would I use to open it? I am trying to find a list of the numbers used when choosing different legs areas of the region map. So, if I have low boots, I choose ankle, but I dont know what number corresponds with that. Where would I find that?
    Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hi @Selarono,

The .bt file can be opened in "010 Editor" which will allow you to decode, edit and save game data using the files we provide describing game date formats.

The file can also just be opened in a standard text editor like Windows built in notepad (or the superior Notepad++).

Check out the CASPARTREGION enumeration for parts of the region map, I'm not 100% sure if that is what you are looking for but start there.

-SGMS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top