Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims mobile genetics - my family tree

So I've been playing the game for some time now and I was wondering how genetics work, so I conducted a little research by myself and this are my conclusions; I haven't experienced and weird glitches with hair colour, eye colour or skin colour, everything worked normal in that regard, although I haven't been playing daily for a few months now, so perhaps one of the later patches broke that and I've just been lucky so far. All the descendants appear to only inherit looks from parents and looks of the grandparents appear to be irrelevant. I also didn't experience any random mutations, children were usually just a combination of parent's looks. I didn't experience children inheriting body shapes but perhaps that is my fault because I wasn't looking very closely and I didn't make sims with really specific body shapes in first place.

So here is my family tree so far. I positioned pictures similarly to have they are on the sims 4 thread about genetics. Parent that is the descendant of the family is always on the far left and parent that was a game created townie is on the far right, not all partners were townies but I will mention it separately where that was the case. The pictures of the children were taken in the cas when they aged up to young adults and I made them playable.
First generation:
9t1xc5.jpg
Both parents were created by me.
Second generation:
2h7l89k.jpg
Third generation:
1z14fw4.jpg
152cayw.jpg
at this point I wanted to have a baby girl so I choose an option to adopt a girl and discovered she doesn't share any physical resemblance with her parents which is not such a surprise. The other daughter was a biological child, her dad had cyan hair before he aged up to senior.
Fourth generation:
2hyfc07.jpg
So yeah this relationship is slightly icky because their parents were a brother and a sister but the game seems to not really care about it. I justified it with the fact that he moved out before she was even born and the fact that they weren't really blood related but it's still a bit icky :D
154afb7.jpg
Fifth generation:
2hpu6go.jpg
Her husband was not game created but was made by me. I just couldn't find any male young adults in my game that I liked at the time.
1zyhrh4.jpg
This son baffles me the most, I have no idea from where he picked up the ears or the nose or the face shape. I did notice that when for example son inherits mom's looks they appear pretty different, but if the son than has a daughter that inherits his looks they appear the same as they were on her grandmother.

Let me just say that I've played sims on pc quite extensively a few years ago but I've never reached fifth generation (sims 3 really had a bit of a problem with save files corrupting I've always ended my family with the blue screen), I really like this aspect of the game.

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited August 2017
    I had a similar issue with tilted eyes appearing in the family tree (on Bella Vane) even though the only relative with them was only related by marriage (Natalia, pink hair)...

Here's my tree:

https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#59249febe993b60e23ab75eb
  • BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 68 Member
    You're right she has very similar eyes as her aunt! I think that is what happened to me in my third generation with the girl with cyan hair? Because she has the same eye color as her dad but I think his are shaped differently
  • BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 68 Member
    You're right she has very similar eyes as her aunt! I think that is what happened to me in my third generation with the girl with cyan hair? Because she has the same eye color as her dad but I think his are shaped differently
  • TeresettaTeresetta Posts: 1 New Member
    Salve volevo sapere se su The sims mobile era possibile avere più di un figlio grazie
  • Teresetta wrote: »
    Salve volevo sapere se su The sims mobile era possibile avere più di un figlio grazie

Si era possibile, guardare mia famiglia di tre figli (second generation)
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    @Teresetta and @BlackandWhiteBunny

Please keep in mind the forum rules:
    Dos
    • Post in the language of the forum. Not sure if there’s a forum in your language? Feel free to ask by creating a thread with your question or reaching out to a Community Manager.

Thanks.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited September 2017
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    @Teresetta and @BlackandWhiteBunny

Please keep in mind the forum rules:
    Dos
    • Post in the language of the forum. Not sure if there’s a forum in your language? Feel free to ask by creating a thread with your question or reaching out to a Community Manager.

Thanks.
    The language is Italian and the Italian forum is on https://forums.thesims.com/it_IT/

The first message asked: "Hi I wanted to know if on Sims mobile it was possible to have more than one son thank you"

The second message gave the answer: "It was possible to watch my family of three children (second generation)"

I used Google Translate to read and translate this.
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • KrispyNickyBKrispyNickyB Posts: 167 Member
    Interesting to see. I'm excited about the game. I've downloaded and deleted Freeplay several times. Mobile seems more my speed. It's been a while. Hopefully, the rest of the world will get a release soon.
    Join me on Youtube !
    First Videos launching on October 3rd
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    How did you get all the pics of the children? Did you add them to the household? My couple has three children and I want to pics like yours but I don't want to keep all three in the household.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    How did you get all the pics of the children? Did you add them to the household? My couple has three children and I want to pics like yours but I don't want to keep all three in the household.
    1. Click/Tap family portrait in your house.
    2. Click/Tap sim for closeup.
    3. Take screenshots until you get a good one.
    4. Crop to size.
  • MichelleMattanjaMichelleMattanja Posts: 3 New Member
    How did you get the last guy’s hair? I really like it, but I can’t find anywhere how to get it.
  • Assana8Assana8 Posts: 31 Member
    [quote="MichelleMattanja;c-16431916"]How did you get the last guy’s hair? I really like it, but I can’t find anywhere how to get it.[/quote]

Some hairstyles are unlocked as your level gets higher. This is the same with items for home, clothes, makeup and accessories.
    036ae1c16dc75d087037a7af203b8877--cosima-niehaus-bbc-america.jpg
    - Don't suck on your bitter lemons, add a little sugar and make sweet lemonade.
  • Themummyof4Themummyof4 Posts: 53 Member
    I wish there was an overview page. I'm now on my third/fourth generation, and starting to lose track...mind you, they all have big families, which doesn't help!
  • BlueWizardRobBlueWizardRob Posts: 102 Member
    [quote="Themummyof4;c-16434706"]I wish there was an overview page. I'm now on my third/fourth generation, and starting to lose track...mind you, they all have big families, which doesn't help![/quote]
    Me too! It also doesn’t help that I currently have 12 in my household. It is hard to remember who is who’s child.
  • Assana8Assana8 Posts: 31 Member
    I wish there was an overview page. I'm now on my third/fourth generation, and starting to lose track...mind you, they all have big families, which doesn't help!

I used to do this with the Sims 2 because sometimes glitches would prevent me from seeing the whole family tree

- make a paper copy of your family tree.

I had to do a rough copy first. I also confused myself with my own tree. But practice makes perfect.
    036ae1c16dc75d087037a7af203b8877--cosima-niehaus-bbc-america.jpg
    - Don't suck on your bitter lemons, add a little sugar and make sweet lemonade.
  • MichelleMattanjaMichelleMattanja Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Assana8;c-16432680"][quote="MichelleMattanja;c-16431916"]How did you get the last guy’s hair? I really like it, but I can’t find anywhere how to get it.[/quote]

Some hairstyles are unlocked as your level gets higher. This is the same with items for home, clothes, makeup and accessories.[/quote]

Yeah, I get that, but how high does your level need to be to unlock it. It isn’t in create a sim either, like the girls hairstyle you unlock at level 37.
  • ElauElau Posts: 23 Member
    > @MichelleMattanja said:
    > [quote="Assana8;c-16432680"][quote="MichelleMattanja;c-16431916"]How did you get the last guy’s hair? I really like it, but I can’t find anywhere how to get it.[/quote]
    >
    > Some hairstyles are unlocked as your level gets higher. This is the same with items for home, clothes, makeup and accessories.[/quote]
    >
    > Yeah, I get that, but how high does your level need to be to unlock it. It isn’t in create a sim either, like the girls hairstyle you unlock at level 37.

One of my female sims also has a hairstyle that can't be found in Create A Sim :D I try to take a screenshot of it later and post it here.
  • missCmaemissCmae Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone I'm new to this game, and is totally at lost I need help- How can I make my first sim child playable? I tried to click the family portrait and the only "clickable" option is to "Move out" I can see though the "Promote" button but when I try this button it only says - " house is full" Help please thank you
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    missCmae wrote: »
    Hi everyone I'm new to this game, and is totally at lost I need help- How can I make my first sim child playable? I tried to click the family portrait and the only "clickable" option is to "Move out" I can see though the "Promote" button but when I try this button it only says - " house is full" Help please thank you

You first have to wait for the child to age to an adult before you can add the child to a playable slot in your household. You only get 4 sim slots total. You have to have a free playable sim slot in order to promote the sim to a free slot. If all 4 slots are filled, you would have to retire a sim or move another sim out to make room for the child to be promoted to a sim slot.
  • CoorulCoorul Posts: 18 Member
    I noticed when they are born a lot they have the same skin as one parent. A lot of my sims skin color is green silver and blue. And the kids are usually born with the same skin.
  • CoorulCoorul Posts: 18 Member
    [quote="Assana8;c-16437449"][quote="Themummyof4;c-16434706"]I wish there was an overview page. I'm now on my third/fourth generation, and starting to lose track...mind you, they all have big families, which doesn't help![/quote]

I used to do this with the Sims 2 because sometimes glitches would prevent me from seeing the whole family tree

- make a paper copy of your family tree.

I had to do a rough copy first. I also confused myself with my own tree. But practice makes perfect. [/quote]

I started clicking on their contacts. It will still show the generations before if you introduced yourself I think. One sim shows her grandma, even though it won’t let them talk
  • ElauElau Posts: 23 Member
    Elau wrote: »
    > @MichelleMattanja said:
    >
    Assana8 wrote: »
    How did you get the last guy’s hair? I really like it, but I can’t find anywhere how to get it.
    >
    > Some hairstyles are unlocked as your level gets higher. This is the same with items for home, clothes, makeup and accessories.
    >
    > Yeah, I get that, but how high does your level need to be to unlock it. It isn’t in create a sim either, like the girls hairstyle you unlock at level 37.

One of my female sims also has a hairstyle that can't be found in Create A Sim :D I try to take a screenshot of it later and post it here.

Screenshot_2018_05_10_21_37_45.pngScreenshot_2018_05_10_21_37_52.png
  • Genevieve1808Genevieve1808 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I need help I have to dark skinned sims black skin and green eyes they had two daughters the first super white and pale the second one shade darker but still white what is going on this was in the sims mobile please help !