Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Feel That GTW Bugs are Severely Neglected in Patches

worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
edited April 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Has anybody else noticed this? Whenever any bugs from GTW do get fixed in patches, it's usually one or two minor bugs. Are GTW bugs just considered low-priority due to it being an older EP? If that really is the case, then it shouldn't be! GTW bugs, in my opinion, are among the most severe bugs in the game. For example, the alien discovery bug (which is three years old now) and the bug where doctors insist on taking new patients to occupied beds.

Please consider giving GTW bugs the attention they deserve!
Post edited by worldofdrakan on

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    At least they fixed the detective career. I have the impression that GTW is the most difficult pack for the devs.
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited April 2018
    At least they fixed the detective career. I have the impression that GTW is the most difficult pack for the devs.

Yeah, that I could understand if that were the case. Clearly with the alien discovery bug, the game is incapable of distinguishing between disguised and undisguised aliens, and seems to default to "disguised" even when aliens aren't in disguise. I have no experience with this kind of thing, so I wouldn't even know where to begin with finding the root cause of the issue.
  • JujuBeeBunJujuBeeBun Posts: 8 New Member
    Definitely. They should really fix the GTW bugs but perhaps they think that nobody uses it even though that's not true? I agree that GTW probably is a harder pack to update or fix. Let's hope they do soon though!
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Agreed, the bugs in this pack are ridiculous and it bothers me every time they release one of their cutesy patch release notes and nowhere on there is "Also, our bad, Get to Work actually...y'know...works now."
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Is the alien face bug still around?
    Terra wrote: »
    Is the alien face bug still around?

I wouldn't know, unfortunately. I've avoided playing aliens for so long due to the alien discovery bug that I couldn't tell you.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    The doctors taking patients to occupied beds is the most frustrating bug ever. I'm so done with my doctors!
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Yes agree completely, because to me at least, I still really enjoy that pack and use it somewhat often. Sometimes these bugs make it hard to play, so please fix GTW bugs sim team. Would be much appreciated :)
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Yes! I keep forgetting that retail is badly broken and every now and again I have a family that starts up a business and it sucks all the fun out of it when restocking is free most of the time. Pretty sure that bug has been around since the pack came out.
    edited May 2018
    With two patches coming out this month that, again, barely addressed GTW bugs at ALL, this still proves to be super frustratingly relevant. Although, admittedly, I really am glad that they at least finally fixed the broken fridge. But still. I would love to hear an official statement on this, because I'm growing progressively weary of it with every passing patch. EA, are you aware that GTW is easily in the running for most broken EP, and despite that is also the most neglected and ignored EP? For example, let me tell you how completely and totally borked the doctor career still is, even after all this time:

Sometimes it can take more than two in-game hours to put a patient in a bed because your doctor keeps insisting on trying to put them in an occupied bed.

Just the other day my doctor did this after doing an x-ray on this one patient. He went to almost all five of the occupied beds before finally putting the patient back in their bed. It's always the exact same patients every day, too. For me, Baako Jang, Katrina Caliente, Mortimer Goth, and the landlord are always, without fail, the patients in bed upon first arriving at the hospital. Sometimes they aren't even sick.

And it gets worse. If my doctor gets a house call, those exact same Sims will be the ones who are sick, and they're always in the hospital beds AGAIN when he goes back, even though he already treated them twice! Not to mention, he's still completely and totally obsessed with the snack machine, constantly wanting a soda even with a full hunger bar. Thank goodness they at least fixed the issue where funds would be subtracted immediately and not refunded. Well, mostly. The funds are still subtracted immediately, but at least it's refunded if I cancel the action.

And what of the alien discovery bug? I'll have you know that it's STILL going strong. Seriously, aliens night at the bar? That sounds like fun until you actually get there. There's a good chance that you might see aliens die of embarrassment, human Sims die of cardiac explosion, or both. Heck, your own Sim might even be the one who dies! And this is all because the human Sims are entirely convinced that all aliens are in disguise by default, even when they very obviously aren't! Heck, you even get Sims who get angry at "discovering" aliens on their own home planet!

Aliens have been almost completely unplayable for three years, EA. Three. Years.

I've heard many simmers say that they think that GTW is largely ignored because it's an older EP, but I'm starting to have doubts on that. If you go digging, you'll find many old threads complaining about these exact same issues in 2015, right after GTW first came out. This means that they were unaddressed even when people were first reporting them.

Please fix GTW, EA. Please.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    With two patches coming out this month that, again, barely addressed GTW bugs at ALL, this still proves to be super frustratingly relevant. Although, admittedly, I really am glad that they at least finally fixed the broken fridge. But still. I would love to hear an official statement on this, because I'm growing progressively weary of it with every passing patch. EA, are you aware that GTW is easily in the running for most broken EP, and despite that is also the most neglected and ignored EP? For example, let me tell you how completely and totally borked the doctor career still is, even after all this time:

Sometimes it can take more than two in-game hours to put a patient in a bed because your doctor keeps insisting on trying to put them in an occupied bed.

Just the other day my doctor did this after doing an x-ray on this one patient. He went to almost all five of the occupied beds before finally putting the patient back in their bed. It's always the exact same patients every day, too. For me, Baako Jang, Katrina Caliente, Mortimer Goth, and the landlord are always, without fail, the patients in bed upon first arriving at the hospital. Sometimes they aren't even sick.

And it gets worse. If my doctor gets a house call, those exact same Sims will be the ones who are sick, and they're always in the hospital beds AGAIN when he goes back, even though he already treated them twice! Not to mention, he's still completely and totally obsessed with the snack machine, constantly wanting a soda even with a full hunger bar. Thank goodness they at least fixed the issue where funds would be subtracted immediately and not refunded. Well, mostly. The funds are still subtracted immediately, but at least it's refunded if I cancel the action.

And what of the alien discovery bug? I'll have you know that it's STILL going strong. Seriously, aliens night at the bar? That sounds like fun until you actually get there. There's a good chance that you might see aliens die of embarrassment, human Sims die of cardiac explosion, or both. Heck, your own Sim might even be the one who dies! And this is all because the human Sims are entirely convinced that all aliens are in disguise by default, even when they very obviously aren't! Heck, you even get Sims who get angry at "discovering" aliens on their own home planet!

Aliens have been almost completely unplayable for three years, EA. Three. Years.

I've heard many simmers say that they think that GTW is largely ignored because it's an older EP, but I'm starting to have doubts on that. If you go digging, you'll find many old threads complaining about these exact same issues in 2015, right after GTW first came out. This means that they were unaddressed even when people were first reporting them.

Please fix GTW, EA. Please.

I TOTALLY AGREE!
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited May 2018
    I got fed up with the Doctor career a long time ago. When playing with a doctor would take a patient to a bed and instead of an one empty he would take them to an occupied bed. Then I got the musical operating tables bug recently (They still switch operating tables). The only thing I hate about the science career is the waiting lag with the invention robot. So the main careers I stick with is Scientist and detective when it comes to GTW.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

phew I am happy about this because I have been waiting forever to play that career again.
    As a workaround for the occupied bed bug, just cancel the action. The patient will go straight away to the next free bed alone.

The biggest bug of GTW is that restocking is completely free. Only salaries are taken away from the budget, recosting costs never. When shop owners do the restocking themselves, the costs are not even shown in the statistics.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    One time somebody identified my Sim as an alien and everybody got embarassed. My Sim is not an alien.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    As a workaround for the occupied bed bug, just cancel the action. The patient will go straight away to the next free bed alone.

The biggest bug of GTW is that restocking is completely free. Only salaries are taken away from the budget, recosting costs never. When shop owners do the restocking themselves, the costs are not even shown in the statistics.

Yeah I have been doing the workaround but sheesh I really wish they would fix some of these things.
    edited May 2018
    keekee53 wrote: »

Yeah I have been doing the workaround but sheesh I really wish they would fix some of these things.

Exactly. To get around the assistant bug (where the assistant doesn't sit at the desk but at the curbside) I have to sell and buy a new computer every shift. It's heck of annoying and I wish it would be fixed. There are still quite a lot of bugs in GTW.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    Do you think someone could treat this at the gurus? Like I said before, I'd really love to get an official statement on this.
    Do you think someone could treat this at the gurus? Like I said before, I'd really love to get an official statement on this.

You can easily get in contact with the gurus if you post at the EA Anwers HQ forum. They are aware of all mentioned bugs.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    As far as I know the Lice Freezer is still broken even after several patches. No use to even have it in game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    For me detective career is unplayable..
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Maybe someone should start a big compiled thread of all GTW bugs so it's in a nice handy location?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Maybe someone should start a big compiled thread of all GTW bugs so it's in a nice handy location?

Like this one? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs ;)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Like this one? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs ;)

Thanks for the link @luthienrising :)