Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can fitness stuff pack stuff be used by kids?

apart from the jungle gyms, there doesnt seem to be any sport kids can do in the game. I am tempted to get the fitness pack only if kids can use the stuff?? can they?

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited March 2018
    I believe kids can play basketball if you have City Living or at least do some of the options for it. I believe they even change into their fitness clothes to do it! I'm pretty sure they can't use the climbing wall though which was the only new fitness item in the Fitness Pack.
    ~ ~ ~
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    No, kids can't use the objects from the fitness pack :/
    Only teens and older can use them.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Kids can only use the earbuds from Fitness Stuff, so they can listen to music without disturbng the rest of the family.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    thanks. so there aren't really many options to keep kids fit! no wonder childhood obsesity is so rampant!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    thanks. so there aren't really many options to keep kids fit! no wonder childhood obsesity is so rampant!

They should bring back tag in this game. Kids still do play tag, right?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    They can only play video games and iPad ! I want them to be able to play outside!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    So far we only have the monkey bars and jungle gym if you want kids to play outside. And the basketball hoop if you have City Living installed.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    So far we only have the monkey bars and jungle gym if you want kids to play outside. And the basketball hoop if you have City Living installed.

And swimming....and the water slide. You can also put things for them to play with.....like the dollhouse, the one shaped like a tree is particuarly suitable....or you can put don't wake the llama or a foosball table on a back patio.

Generally, no. I'm sure there's a kid somewhere playing tag right now but it's not nearly as common as it was 20-30 years ago.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Honestly, the no fitness skill for kids bugs the crap out of me. What's the point in maxing motor if there's no adult skills to get a jump on? The only one you can get is "video gaming" which seems...odd :-/ I was a super active kid, I did sports and gymnastics and dance and martial arts...I had abs from age 11! I could do two dozen push ups--on my fingertips! I worked out 7 days a week! There are kids like that! Why aren't they in the sims??? I get that the equipment isn't designed for them, but they should still be able to build fitness from swimming and doing sit-ups and stuff, and they should be able to go jogging at least.

Seriously. this bugs me. I almost always cheat my rambunctious scamps fitness skill up a bit when they age to a teen, but I shouldn't have to!
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited April 2018

I can assure you they do. At least in Germany it's still popular... What about other countries? I'd really like to know that.

Here is one more vote for the developers to include "play tag" or ("and" would be a dream) "rope skipping" in a future EP/GP/SP.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    edited April 2018
    Erja888 wrote: »

I can assure you they do. At least in Germany it's still popular... What about other countries? I'd really like to know that.

Here is one more vote for the developers to include "play tag" or ("and" would be a dream) "rope skipping" in a future EP/GP/SP.

I'm from America. We were not allowed to play tag at my public elementary school. We found ways around that rule.

{EA_Lanna: Removed age/personal info. Please be mindful of sharing personal info as this is a public forum. Thanks}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    It's actually aggravating because my energized kids have had whims to do fitness videos too...
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Kids can only use the ear buds from fitness and the basketball hoop though the basketball hoop only counts towards motor skills. I'd like to see tag, pillow fight and water balloon fight make a come back. Kids could do those activities.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

It is a shame. There aren’t a lot of physical activities kids can do in this game. Why can’t they even jog ?
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I can make myself as a child in the sims. Big pile of books + kiddo and done. I cannot really make my brother, he did gymnastics and hockey and ran and played football and every sport or activity that he could find. The kid had two mode, active or sleeping. Teenager active brother is really good, and wild toddler fits as well but there is a gap for my active brother child.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

Yes, I would love to see them bring back tag, and cops an robber like they had in sims 2. Marbles, jump rope, jacks and hopescotch would be cute too. And I would love to see them bring back swings and have some other playground equipment. I would also like to see them bring back volleyball!
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The monkey bars work quite well - I put a kid on the monkey bars for an hour when he or she gets off school, and it not only maxes the 'fun' (so that you can sit them down to do homework afterward), it builds motor skills. I haven't had any kids get fat; they're all weeds when they age up to teen. Actually, monkey bars are more appropriate to the age than treadmills, etc - even adult Sims, unless they have the 'active' trait, don't gain much fun from the treadmill. (I mean, personally, I'd rather climb on monkey bars, too.)
    I just want things to match. :'(