Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There sure is a lot of laundromats on the gallery

2...Next

Comments

• RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Love the fact that simmers are making laundromats
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Now I know I don't have laundry and don't plan to buy it anytime soon, but I was wondering for gallery suggestions what people think is the best functioning laundromat?

I got this one cafe off the gallery and it had a laundry room on the back. My sims went there a few times worked out great they did laundry and would grab some coffee and chat as the machines went.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2018
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for a mod that allows NPCs to do laundry on community lots. That's my only peeve with this pack.

I agree, guess they missed that opportunity.

They didn't miss an opportunity, they clearly decided they didn't want to implement it. Clear difference.

Do you work for The Sims Studio? It's a missed opportunity.

This is exactly the thing which negates the whole argument that separating content into their own packs results in a better experience. As we have seen time and time again, these packs only prove they are just trying to squeeze every last dollar out of players with this new business model.

Ambitions, The Sims 3's "Get to Work" expansion pack, bundled laundry in -- and a whole laundromat venue type as a tiny feature completely unrelated to the focus of the pack. For The Sims 4's laundry pack that charges you $10 dollars for this one feature alone, it should definitely have something like a laundromat included.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Well, they didn't include a venue, and to be honest there isn't enough lot space currently to add much.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    There is no point to having one since there is no set venue. Basically "laundry" is only an annoyance on the sims' home lot.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    There is no point to having one since there is no set venue. Basically "laundry" is only an annoyance on the sims' home lot.

Well atleast builders have created functioning laundromats even if only sims we play can use them. I'm still disappointed we didn't get actual laundromats and a new lot type.
    Well, they didn't include a venue, and to be honest there isn't enough lot space currently to add much.

Yes sad. That's why we need another free world.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member

I don't think we need a whole venue for just laundry, that would be pretty boring tbh.

I personally add a small box room on other existing community lots with several machines and my sims keep their head down and hope the neighbors will stick to the main entertainment part of the lot and not come round the back while they're washing underwear.
    Just like real life.

But I do think they missed an opportunity by not reusing their bowling alley coding of "NPCs will use item if placed on certain types of lot".
  • SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    Makes me wish even more that we could build apartment buildings and add a laundry room in the basement like most apartment buildings have...
  • Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    How do you even take laundry off your home lot? My sims have no option to do so....
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    SimsayCD wrote: »
    Makes me wish even more that we could build apartment buildings and add a laundry room in the basement like most apartment buildings have...

Well you can make apartment buildings since we have lockable doors. You just can’t have more than 8 sims/pets living on the lot. Many of my single sims, and single parent sims live in them. I have made apartment buildings and downloaded others, and changed them around to my liking. In one building I have a basement with work out equipment, games and a massage table. It also has a rooftop bar-b-que, and hot tub, and a backyard pool, it has 3 small apartments, each on a different level. And it’s on a small lot. I also downloaded one that I changed a bit that has a pool, and a community room, and room to grow plants outside. It’s not perfect, but it works. I downloaded a brownstone too that is a good size duplex, that has 2 family’s. Each family has a small back yard, and it is close to a picnic area.
    How do you even take laundry off your home lot? My sims have no option to do so....

Assuming you have a community lot with a washer,dryer or tub you're suppose to be able to click on the hamper and put the dirty clothes in your inventory then when your on the lot put them in the washer or tub.