Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will CC and Mods work

Comments

• Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    There are quite a few mods that have been updated or will work anyway with the patch. There is a listing on Mod the Sims but also if you got your mods from there, just click My Links and My Downloads, and you can see which ones you have downloaded that have been updated.

However, I do agree with @Tremayne4260. This game is very playable without any mods at all. EA got it right in so many ways this time around.
  • Options
    raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but I have tried numerous times to download the no culling mod and each time I download it, it is a '.pyc' file that my mac doesn't recognize. Is there something else I need to do? I've starting my first ever legacy challenge, and I don't want to lose parts of my family. Thank you!
  • Options
    purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
    edited March 2016
    I have script mods and yes many cause me problems, however I just test three at a time, taking them in and out, I know it sounds like a long process, however it is much shorter then downloading and testing all at once because then I have to do a cut and paste of a bulk and what not... takes longer to do that then anything so lesson learned. no more then 3 to even 4 files at a time.
    sigsims%20copy_zps4jb8b2a9.png
  • Options
    ilovethenannyilovethenanny Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi guys,
    I am wondering has anyone tried Alf-Si HQ mod for mac yet? For the past 2 hours, I am trying to get it to work, but after changing the GraphicRules.sgr, my game is unable to start. The little logo does its routine dance and just stops. It is very frustrating and I am hoping some of you could please help me out.
    I might have done something wrongly, but is mac incompatible with the HQ mod?
    Does anyone else want to give it a go?
    Any feedback is well appreciated!
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Hi guys,
    I am wondering has anyone tried Alf-Si HQ mod for mac yet? For the past 2 hours, I am trying to get it to work, but after changing the GraphicRules.sgr, my game is unable to start. The little logo does its routine dance and just stops. It is very frustrating and I am hoping some of you could please help me out.
    I might have done something wrongly, but is mac incompatible with the HQ mod?
    Does anyone else want to give it a go?
    Any feedback is well appreciated!

Does your Mac have a powerful enough dedicated GPU to handle the HQ Mod? The high spec. 15" MacBook Pro, 27" iMac or Mac Pro have dedicated NVIDIA or AMD GPUs.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Hello BluebellFlora! Thank you for replying I really appreciate it! I have been following your blog for the sims 3 since forever! Anyways, I have a 15" mac book pro; my specs are the following:
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
    Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
    Is that enough?
  • Options
    Sorry I am not very tech-davy, I tried googling and I don't really understand what all the specs means. Thank you!
  • Options
    Hello BluebellFlora! Thank you for replying I really appreciate it! I have been following your blog for the sims 3 since forever! Anyways, I have a 15" mac book pro; my specs are the following:
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
    Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
    Is that enough?

Oh thanks! Yep, that should very happily handle the HQ Mod, unless there are any specific issues with that GPU. I think you'd be better off contacting the mod creator directly although someone who is more familiar with the mod and plays on a Mac may be able to help too :)

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    I tried to install it again today, no go. I think perhaps it just doesn't work on a Mac, the greater did specify she only tried it for Windows. I guess I just have to live without it for now! Thank you so much again for your replies :)
  • Options
    SamtapletSamtaplet Posts: 151 Member
    0QOYAXx.png

Would the sims 4 run on my mac.
    Origin Id: ActuallySammy
  • Options
    Literal_PotatoeLiteral_Potatoe Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey,

I have a MAC and the following Sims and Expansions downloaded on it:
    The Sims 4 Limited Edition
    Get To Work
    Get Together
    Spa Day
    Perfect Patio Stuff
    Holiday Celebration Pack

I had CC downloaded on my MAC and it worked fine until my game updated (the update that gave the game gender fluidness) and now when I try to download new or even re-install my old ones nothing pops up and I have tried everything.
    I re-downloaded the resource.cfg file.
    I pulled the Sims 4 File out and put it on the Desktop so it would renew the game & a new Mods folder never popped up.
    I checked to make sure that the mods were enabled in the game.
    I even uninstalled and re-installed the CC multiple times, even getting newer CC & making sure that all of the CC was up to date and compatable with the recent update (which it all is) and nothing still works.
    I have searched and searched and googled and no one seems to be having the same problem or a working solution.

Please help, I really need to get the CC working again in order continue filming for my Legacy Challenge on my YouTube Channel.

Thanks
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Have you tried to repair your game through Origin? Try that first.

The second option is that some of your CC or mods no longer work due to the latest patch. Check the sites that you downloaded your CC from and see if they have updated their creations. You can also try and add a few pieces back at a time and see if those show up in game. If they do, then load in a few more and so on and so on until you can narrow down which piece or pieces no longer work. If you can get most of your CC to work, you may have to live without the one or two pieces that cause the game to no longer show CC.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    melabeanmelabean Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried downloading CC and i can't figure out what im doing wrong?
    On all tutorials it tells me to go to the mods folder on sims 4, and put the package files in. whats happening? ps. i did enable cc in the settings and i don't have any subfolders.
    what am i doing wrong ??? :(
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I put CC in my game all the time it works but if I put to much in then I have a problem sometimes I think it is bad cc. Mods I don't use them. Right now I have hair and it looks funny on my sim; at a distance but I refuse to get rid of it looks so good on my Sim. I have a long dress that when my Sims sit at the piano shows the feet but no legs. looks funny but I refuse to get rid of it. As long as my game works I just can't part with it I love CC.
  • Options
    bestuserherebestuserhere Posts: 7 New Member
    hello. i am using a macBook Air and none of my cc or mods are showing.. they're in the mods folder with no sub folders. in the beginning of the game ,there is not a notification wall (?) that shows the cc/mods i have in the game.

does anyone know how to fix this?

if anyone is wiling to help i will greatly appreciate it because I've been searching on why its not
    working for me
  • Options
    hello. i am using a macBook Air and none of my cc or mods are showing.. they're in the mods folder with no sub folders. in the beginning of the game ,there is not a notification wall (?) that shows the cc/mods i have in the game.

does anyone know how to fix this?

if anyone is wiling to help i will greatly appreciate it because I've been searching on why its not
    working for me

Is CC enabled in the in-game options? It is sometimes disabled after installing a patch.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    osakue123osakue123 Posts: 5 New Member
    I Installed a few CC and mods around February and downloaded a bunch last night. However, only the ones from February will show. I have tried everything. I have made sure script mod is turned on in the game, I deleted all the CC's I have but the old ones STILL appear in the game. I have edited the resource.cfg file, Ive repaired and updated the game at least 5 times. Does anyone have any advice for me? Or could anyone tell me where I need to go to to get help? I have a mac book pro. Is there a number to call for help ?
  • Options
    smokinhot214smokinhot214 Posts: 12 New Member
    will try thank you
  • Options
    Kunoichi46Kunoichi46 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello!
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread
    I play Sims 4 on a mac and I downloaded (a lot) of custom content today. I'm pretty sure I downloaded it correctly.. Once I downloaded it I would extract the zip *by just double clicking and a folder would appear which would contain a picture of the items, instructions and whatnot and the package* (if there were any) and I would drag the package file to the Mods folder that was there. None of my cc are showing up in the game, not even when I check any cc or mods I have in the game. I checked the boxes in the options menu to allow cc. I thought maybe one of the cc that I downloaded was conflicting with the otbers so I just kept one cc in the Mods folder but it didn't show up in the game either (no pop up menu showing the cc I had; nada)
    I used to play Sims 4 on the same mac and downloaded cc and they worked fine before (maybe ancouple of months ago) I deleted the game a few weeks back and installed it again but I downloaded it into a large usb drive I have (since there is no space on my mac). When I used to play the game I believe it was downloaded on my actual mac and not in a separate usb. Could this be causing the problem?

Thank you for your time reading this long message (I'm sorry!) Any help would be much appreciated :)!
  • Options
    Kunoichi46 wrote: »
    Hello!
    I play Sims 4 on a mac and I downloaded (a lot) of custom content today. I'm pretty sure I downloaded it correctly.. Once I downloaded it I would extract the zip *by just double clicking and a folder would appear which would contain a picture of the items, instructions and whatnot and the package* (if there were any) and I would drag the package file to the Mods folder that was there. None of my cc are showing up in the game, not even when I check any cc or mods I have in the game. I checked the boxes in the options menu to allow cc. I thought maybe one of the cc that I downloaded was conflicting with the otbers so I just kept one cc in the Mods folder but it didn't show up in the game either (no pop up menu showing the cc I had; nada)
    I used to play Sims 4 on the same mac and downloaded cc and they worked fine before (maybe ancouple of months ago) I deleted the game a few weeks back and installed it again but I downloaded it into a large usb drive I have (since there is no space on my mac). When I used to play the game I believe it was downloaded on my actual mac and not in a separate usb. Could this be causing the problem?

Thank you for your time reading this long message (I'm sorry!) Any help would be much appreciated :)!

You have to have your user data folder (saves/mods etc.) in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 on your Mac's internal storage. The game will only read from that location, not from an external device or iCloud. Your only other option, if you do not have enough room, would be to make an external drive bootable and install macOS onto it, then your game, and then to boot up your Mac from that drive when you want to play. Or you could store your entire Home folder onto an external drive but that would be a bit extreme.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Kunoichi46Kunoichi46 Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="BluebellFlora;c-15930397"][quote="Kunoichi46;c-15930130"]Hello!

Thank you for your time reading this long message (I'm sorry!) Any help would be much appreciated :)![/quote]

You have to have your user data folder (saves/mods etc.) in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 on your Mac's internal storage. The game will only read from that location, not from an external device or iCloud. Your only other option, if you do not have enough room, would be to make an external drive bootable and install macOS onto it, then your game, and then to boot up your Mac from that drive when you want to play. Or you could store your entire Home folder onto an external drive but that would be a bit extreme.
    [/quote]

Thank you so much! Turns out I had two Sims 4 folders anf I was putting it in the wrong folder. There's enough space for all cc so I just moved it! Again thank you!! This was such an easy fix sorry! :)
  • Options
    lilyannabellilyannabel Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I have a Mac and I haven't been able to get CC or mods whatever I try. I have script and cc mods button enabled and they still wont show. Can anyone help?
  • Options
    fcurtifcurti Posts: 10 New Member
    Can someone help me? I deleted my resource.cfg file on my mac and tried to re download one but it doesn't look right. I have also tried to restart my game and it wasn't regenerated. Thanks!
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Move the entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop. DO NOT DELETE IT!!! Next start up your game and allow the game to regenerate a new Sims 4 folder. Then add back your saved games and Mods/CC.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    fcurtifcurti Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > Move the entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop. DO NOT DELETE IT!!! Next start up your game and allow the game to regenerate a new Sims 4 folder. Then add back your saved games and Mods/CC.

I accidentally deleted the folder. I am so mad, I thought I copied it. What do I do?