Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Empty socials have to go

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
edited January 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Here's how a meal just went in my sim home (and this is with only two sims and a dog), and it's pretty typical. Wife sat down to eat, then ran into the bathroom and threw up because she was preggers (alright, I'll give you that one). Made her go sit back down and finish. But husband also sat down to eat, and she decided to give him a hug. They both stood back up and hugged, and then she finished her meal while standing. He decided to not finish his, and put it down on the table. I told him to start eating again, and he sat back down. Then the dog came over to him, and he stood back up and did a greeting with the dog. He decided to stop eating AGAIN, and put the food on the table. I made him start eating again, and he sat back down. Then the wife decided to give him a kiss on the cheek, so he stood back up, and did that. He started eating again while standing, and the dog came up to him again so he put the plate away for a second and did something with the dog. Then he finally finished eating.

This is utterly ridiculous, stupid, and every other negative adjective I can think of. Not one of these interruptions were even a real social interaction, all hidden little empty interactions. There are already pauses in place between bites of food, so why can't these greeting socials be fixed so they don't make sims stand up and interrupt what they are doing? I swear they used to wave across the table if they were sitting. Or better still, if you can't do it right, just get rid of them altogether; I don't need my sims to kiss before they kiss or say hello before every conversation start.

Comments

• Neko_GamezNeko_Gamez Posts: 3 New Member
    One time a sim got stuck in my house as the door was locked (I didn't realize at first). He kept saying goodbye and interrupting all of my sim's activities to say goodbye. Eventually, I realized the door was locked and let him free. While he was there, though, he was stupidly annoying!
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I hear you, OP! I wish there were no autonomous socials that make Sims stand up and stop what they're doing. Hugging is the biggest culprit.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Hugging and giving a kiss is a great social but only when the sim just got home and so greets his/her wife/husband and kids. But I agree when it happens in the middle of another social activity it's just annoying...
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    :D It's in my game too and I don't see point of that. If they want to talk, then talk. Don't go around the house and hug. Talk. :|
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Reading that dinneer experience I could feel like if I wrote it myself! It really is annoying, and it happens all the time.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    They still jump and talk to people in the restaurant while they are suppose to be seated with the date or whoever. This is annoying when you are trying to get sims together.
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Well... Hopefully they'll fix this. It's much better when dining out though. My sims only get up for the bathroom when they dine out.
    p6tqefj
  • JacewinduJacewindu Posts: 29 Member
    I typically don't have issues with sims eating at home. Well no problems with them finishing their food that is. Where they decide to eat is a whole other problem.

This is what I do when I get them sit down to eat. I have them talk to another sim sitting at the table. The other sims is usually eating too or they may just be in the same room doing something else. That usually prevents them from picking up another action until I cancel out the conversation. I know it takes them longer to finish eating or whatever they are doing. However it would take considerably longer fighting them from all of the distractions that might pop up. Plus they get their social up and improve relations while they are at it.
    My Mods on Nexus Mods
    My tumblr
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I built a cafe and had my sim visit... No one would stay in the same place for longer than 10 Sim minutes. They were up and down, putting food down, picking it up, inside, outside, bathroom, ordering, ordering again, grabbing a book, putting their food down. I made it through one Sim hour and I had to actually stop playing the game because it was giving me a headache. I don't know what they can do about it, but something needs to be done.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Hugging and giving a kiss is a great social but only when the sim just got home and so greets his/her wife/husband and kids. But I agree when it happens in the middle of another social activity it's just annoying...

Yeah, I don't mind some autonomous hugging like in Sims 2, but I wish there was something in the code to cancel autonomous standing socials when a Sim is sitting down.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited May 2018
    Terra wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Yeah, I don't mind some autonomous hugging like in Sims 2, but I wish there was something in the code to cancel autonomous standing socials when a Sim is sitting down.

Or make it so that sims hug another when that person is sitting from behind or (If there is no object obscuring the space) front. Though the chances are unlikely due to how developers cut corners and prefer recycling animation (sigh).
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Not sure if this is happening with you guys, but when my sims sit down to eat, and they are talking. Sometimes they will just stand up and talk, no hugging, no kissing, nothing, just talk. It drives me crazy. Everything is going great at first, then they will just get up, pick up their plate, and stand there talking.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!