Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hi, this isn't really an issue.... but searched the threads and am still not sure 0.O I'm considering buying the 'Get to Work' expansion, but i've read about aliens.... are alien abductions a frequent thing for sims who are not looking for them? Just a bit worried that if I do purchase it, my sims will keep getting randomly abducted (which I really don't want). I'm not remotely interested in the alien side of the games and don't fancy having to mod my game to get around them.Thanks!

Hello @thedoctor5026
    Abductions do not happen frequently. Many simmers have been waiting quite a while to have an abduction. If you don’t want your sims to be abducted, you can get the Satellite Dish through debug mode, and place it on your lot. There is an option on it to deter abductions
    These links may help you.
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-to-work-game-guide/#Abduct
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/lifestates/aliens.php
  • Options
    xmintyy wrote: »
    > @xmintyy said:
    > I've noticed my sims are having cold symptoms without having the cold/sick moodlet. Is this a bug or is this normal? And if it's a bug, how can I fix it? It's not a major issue it's just kind of annoying.

Also : The sim who was showing symptoms without the moodlet then got sick, and I gave her medicine. Shortly after she's showing symptoms, again with no moodlet. I'm really confused.

Hello @xmintyy
    Sometimes sims can start to show symptoms before the moodlet appears. You have to wait though until the moodlet appears before you can give them the medicine. Usually the moodlet will appear after a little while.
  • Options
    DreamzInPinkDreamzInPink Posts: 40 Member
    @rosemow
    I was referring to the forum where I'd be asking about a computer that would be suitable for playing the Sims 4.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @rosemow
    I was referring to the forum where I'd be asking about a computer that would be suitable for playing the Sims 4.

Hello @DreamzInPink
    You have just become a full member, so can now start new threads :) If you go to the Technical section that I linked to, there will be a blue “ new discussion” button on the top right hand side of the page that you can press to start your own thread there.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
  • Options
    @rosemow
    Thank you so much for helping me with everything!
    I wanted to ask you, how do I do a hard save? Like one I can go back to if something goes wrong? I save often when I'm playing and building, just in case. But I don't feel like those are the saves I have the option of loading from if I have to go back. Or am I wrong? Thank you!
  • Options
    @rosemow
    Thank you so much for helping me with everything!
    I wanted to ask you, how do I do a hard save? Like one I can go back to if something goes wrong? I save often when I'm playing and building, just in case. But I don't feel like those are the saves I have the option of loading from if I have to go back. Or am I wrong? Thank you!

Hello
    You can use the “ save as” option if you would like to make another copy of the save. It is an option that you can click on when saving the game. You give the new extra save game a new name, then when you press the “ load” button on the main screen of the game, you can choose which save game file to play

If you have issues in the game and want to go back to an earlier version of the save game, you can try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play.
    To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version

• Options
    Ohhh. Ok. Thank you. That's helpful. I always wondered what people meant when talking about playing different saves.
    What happens if you click new game?
  • Options
    Ohhh. Ok. Thank you. That's helpful. I always wondered what people meant when talking about playing different saves.
    What happens if you click new game?

A new save game is created. You are taken in to cas, where you can create a new sims household to play or use a household from your library or the Gallery, then you can place them into the world. After playing for a little while, save the game and give the save a title. Then when you next play the game, press the load button in the main screen and you can choose which save game to play.
  • Options
    art_potat0art_potat0 Posts: 9 New Member
    There is no message, whenever I click on build mode anywhere (including my home lots)it shows an infinity sign instead of the money my family has.
  • Options
    art_potat0 wrote: »
    There is no message, whenever I click on build mode anywhere (including my home lots)it shows an infinity sign instead of the money my family has.

Hello @art_potat0
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    theworldofemilytheworldofemily Posts: 16 Member
    Hello Everyone, I have already discussed this with Rosemow but I'm trying to get this on platforms where others might be able to help - my sims is having a massive issue.

basically, when i press the big play button it loads in as normal, then when i get to the part where i choose my towns, all the towns are back to their original place, and none of my families are there. Which is alright i suppose, if it happens i would be heartbroken but id move on and start again.

However, it says at the bottom "$0 funds" and a blue box where the family portrait should be when you're moving them into a house. And everything i click on says "you need an unoccupied lot" or "you don't have the funds for this"
    Ive tried shutting down my mac, restarting it, reloading the game multiple times - there's just no options for me to press anything.
    I'm completely stuck!
    Thanks everyone. x
  • Options
    Hello Everyone, I have already discussed this with Rosemow but I'm trying to get this on platforms where others might be able to help - my sims is having a massive issue.

basically, when i press the big play button it loads in as normal, then when i get to the part where i choose my towns, all the towns are back to their original place, and none of my families are there. Which is alright i suppose, if it happens i would be heartbroken but id move on and start again.

However, it says at the bottom "$0 funds" and a blue box where the family portrait should be when you're moving them into a house. And everything i click on says "you need an unoccupied lot" or "you don't have the funds for this"
    Ive tried shutting down my mac, restarting it, reloading the game multiple times - there's just no options for me to press anything.
    I'm completely stuck!
    Thanks everyone. x

Hello @theworldofemily
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, and see if that has the issues . To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version

• Options
    theworldofemilytheworldofemily Posts: 16 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > theworldofemily wrote: »
    >
    > Hello Everyone, I have already discussed this with Rosemow but I'm trying to get this on platforms where others might be able to help - my sims is having a massive issue.
    >
    > basically, when i press the big play button it loads in as normal, then when i get to the part where i choose my towns, all the towns are back to their original place, and none of my families are there. Which is alright i suppose, if it happens i would be heartbroken but id move on and start again.
    >
    > However, it says at the bottom "$0 funds" and a blue box where the family portrait should be when you're moving them into a house. And everything i click on says "you need an unoccupied lot" or "you don't have the funds for this"
    > Ive tried shutting down my mac, restarting it, reloading the game multiple times - there's just no options for me to press anything.
    > I'm completely stuck!
    > Thanks everyone. x
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @theworldofemily
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    >
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, and see if that has the issues . To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version

Thank you for giving me so many options. as far as i am aware i don't have any mods, so my origin is currently repairing sims/ verifying game files etc. I have posted on a comment on your wall about my electronic arts folder. Is it possible to run this folder off my hard drive instead of my mac? i already run the game off it, but was hoping all the memory can be installed there too. thank you!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    > @rosemow said:
    > theworldofemily wrote: »
    >
    > Hello Everyone, I have already discussed this with Rosemow but I'm trying to get this on platforms where others might be able to help - my sims is having a massive issue.
    >
    > basically, when i press the big play button it loads in as normal, then when i get to the part where i choose my towns, all the towns are back to their original place, and none of my families are there. Which is alright i suppose, if it happens i would be heartbroken but id move on and start again.
    >
    > However, it says at the bottom "$0 funds" and a blue box where the family portrait should be when you're moving them into a house. And everything i click on says "you need an unoccupied lot" or "you don't have the funds for this"
    > Ive tried shutting down my mac, restarting it, reloading the game multiple times - there's just no options for me to press anything.
    > I'm completely stuck!
    > Thanks everyone. x
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @theworldofemily
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    >
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, and see if that has the issues . To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version

Thank you for giving me so many options. as far as i am aware i don't have any mods, so my origin is currently repairing sims/ verifying game files etc. I have posted on a comment on your wall about my electronic arts folder. Is it possible to run this folder off my hard drive instead of my mac? i already run the game off it, but was hoping all the memory can be installed there too. thank you!

I have just seen what you posted on my wall.
    I will repost what I wrote here
    There can be issues if you are running sims 4 on an external drive. It is not recommended to play the game on an external drive. It would be best to try to clear more free hard drive space on your Mac. Your issues may be caused both by the lack of space on your Mac and also running the game off an external drive.

Edit : I just saw the other message that you posted
    I am sorry :( but I don’t own a Mac so it would be best to post in the Mac Tech section of the forums. Mac Simmers may be able to help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @rosemow
    So what was the save point that I started from before? When I thought I lost my house and you helped me? Because I've never done a 'save as'

And I assume you saw the replies to the computer I asked about. I'm really disappointed. I was really hoping I could get away with something under $500. I don't know what to do. I was super excited about getting a new one So I could actually turn the graphics and stuff up.... But $700-800?? Yikes. :(
  • Options
    @rosemow
    So what was the save point that I started from before? When I thought I lost my house and you helped me? Because I've never done a 'save as'

And I assume you saw the replies to the computer I asked about. I'm really disappointed. I was really hoping I could get away with something under $500. I don't know what to do. I was super excited about getting a new one So I could actually turn the graphics and stuff up.... But $700-800?? Yikes. :(

The save point was the earlier save game version that you recovered. I explained how to get this in the second part of this link post
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16443013/#Comment_16443013
  • Options
    metalchic24metalchic24 Posts: 7 New Member
    is there a way to tell which mods are causing last exception
  • Options
    is there a way to tell which mods are causing last exception

Hello
    If you use MCCC mod, you may like to post your last exception text files in the general support section of the MCCC Discord server and simmers there may be able to help you
    https://discord.gg/WhhjZSp
  • Options
    mortimergthmortimergth Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! Im having trouble with my game. Whenever I try to make a new game, and I create a sim and try to move them in, the houses that show up in the neighborhood are from my OTHER save. Also, whenever I move my sim into a new lot, it bulldozes the house automatically. ALSO, I cant tell my sim to do anything, because they get stuck in that animation. Ive tried repairing the game, but i dont know what else to do :/
  • Options
    Hi! Im having trouble with my game. Whenever I try to make a new game, and I create a sim and try to move them in, the houses that show up in the neighborhood are from my OTHER save. Also, whenever I move my sim into a new lot, it bulldozes the house automatically. ALSO, I cant tell my sim to do anything, because they get stuck in that animation. Ive tried repairing the game, but i dont know what else to do :/

Hello @mortimergth
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testingy after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    sims929292sims929292 Posts: 62 Member
    Hello, I have a couple of questions.
    1. If I get a new computer, is there a way to transfer my entire Sims game from my old computer to my new one, instead of having to start over from scratch? I would want the same sims, same neighborhood, same world, etc. on my new computer exactly where I left off on my old one. All I need for now is a simple yes or no, I don’t need to actually know how to do it yet because I won’t be getting the new computer for awhile. I just want to know if I start a new family right now, am I inevitably going to lose them.

2. I remember reading that for The Sims 3, you need to install all of the expansion packs in the order that they came out. If you install them out of order, it would cause problems with the game. Is this still true for The Sims 4?

Thank you :)
  • Options
    sims929292 wrote: »
    Hello, I have a couple of questions.
    1. If I get a new computer, is there a way to transfer my entire Sims game from my old computer to my new one, instead of having to start over from scratch? I would want the same sims, same neighborhood, same world, etc. on my new computer exactly where I left off on my old one. All I need for now is a simple yes or no, I don’t need to actually know how to do it yet because I won’t be getting the new computer for awhile. I just want to know if I start a new family right now, am I inevitably going to lose them.

2. I remember reading that for The Sims 3, you need to install all of the expansion packs in the order that they came out. If you install them out of order, it would cause problems with the game. Is this still true for The Sims 4?

Thank you :)

Hello @sims929292
    Yes, you can transfer your sims save games, and the items that you have in your library to the new computer. You won’t need to start from scratch again. When you are wanting to do it, you can post on a thread again, and we will help to explain then how you can do this.
    You can install the Sims 4 packs in any order. There are no issues caused with whatever order you install the packs in.
  • Options
    ABC_ABC_ Posts: 2 New Member
    I have an issue where a Sim instructed to "Join Game" with Sims playing at the card table will attempt the interaction but then snap to attention with nothing in that Sims activities queue. Other players continue to play cards. Everytime it throws this exception

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <root>
    <report>
    <version>2</version>
    <sessionid>7a83945ba56295805adf9e58</sessionid>
    <type>desync</type>
    <sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku>
    <createtime>2018-04-24 18:11:50</createtime>
    <buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.42.30.1020-1.200.000.336.Release</buildsignature>
    <categoryid>carry_utils.py:108</categoryid>
    <desyncid>7a83945ba56295805adf9e58</desyncid>
    <systemconfig/>
    <screenshot/>
    <desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'prototype' object has no attribute 'get_carry_object_posture')

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\carry\carry_utils.py", line 197, in set_up_transition_gen

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\carry\carry_utils.py", line 108, in _create_enter_carry_posture

AttributeError: 'prototype' object has no attribute 'get_carry_object_posture'

</desyncdata>
    </report>
    </root>

Moved contents of mod folder and tray folder to backup, deleted all contents of "C:\Users\***\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder, reinstalled game via Origin, restarted game, created new household to test and it still throws the same exception file

Latest game update via Origin, Win 10 Home 10.0.16299, i5-8400 CPU, 16 GB Ram, GeForce GTX1070 graphics on Ultra settings
  • Options
    ABC_ wrote: »
    I have an issue where a Sim instructed to "Join Game" with Sims playing at the card table will attempt the interaction but then snap to attention with nothing in that Sims activities queue. Other players continue to play cards. Everytime it throws this exception

<?xml version="1.0"?>

7a83945ba56295805adf9e58
    desync
    ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc
    2018-04-24 18:11:50
    Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.42.30.1020-1.200.000.336.Release
    carry_utils.py:108
    7a83945ba56295805adf9e58

Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'prototype' object has no attribute 'get_carry_object_posture')

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\carry\carry_utils.py", line 197, in set_up_transition_gen

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\carry\carry_utils.py", line 108, in _create_enter_carry_posture

AttributeError: 'prototype' object has no attribute 'get_carry_object_posture'

Moved contents of mod folder and tray folder to backup, deleted all contents of "C:\Users\***\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder, reinstalled game via Origin, restarted game, created new household to test and it still throws the same exception file

Latest game update via Origin, Win 10 Home 10.0.16299, i5-8400 CPU, 16 GB Ram, GeForce GTX1070 graphics on Ultra settings

Hello @ABC_
    I just tested this in my game, and the same issue occurred,
    It would be best to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post about this issue there.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    ABC_ABC_ Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello @rosemow
    Thx for confirming my bug. I submitted the bug as you suggested.