Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 has AWESOME music!

pax1swpax1sw Posts: 654 Member
I don't remember the TS2 music being so wonderful, the music for TS3 is so irritating I usually play with it muted from the Options menu. Did they do a music upgrade for TS2 Ultimate?

Just started playing TS2 again because of questions from igazor on the TS3 forum I couldn't answer. It had been so long since I played TS2 I couldn't remember anything about it, just that I had loved it and found the transition to TS3 hard. Now I'm remembering why. With my fast PC (built specifically to handle TS3) TS2 loads like lightning, and the game graphics are much better than I remember. But, silly as it sounds, it's as if I'd never played it, NONE of it is familiar anymore.

Now I see where the format for TS4 came from, it's similar to TS2: load to go anywhere rather than TS3's open world connectivity. TS3 is still the premier Sims accomplishment, but you pay for it with heavy loads and saves and persnickety bugginess in unexpected places. We TS3 addicts have learned to accept the quirks, though, the game is such a magical achievement.

Over all, TS2 is fun, especially since it's as if I'm playing a game I never played before. As I learn it again, I may become the TS2 addict I once was. After all these years it still has enough great qualities to make it a solid, very fan-worthy game... and it seems to be almost bug-free! WOW! Meanwhile, the fast load/save, great graphics and truly AWESOME music are enough to grab my interest and keep me playing.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    The music from University was the best for me. I just loved the Artists... also bought several of the RL songs from it.

I do turn off the music when in both games. The radios are blaring in the game but I don't hear it. I guess I get tired of it- mostly build/buy mode. :lol:
  • pax1swpax1sw Posts: 654 Member
    edited April 2018
    If I'm not mistaken (again), you can put your own custom music in place of the game's for neighborhood/build/buy as well as all the stereo channels, can't you? I could be remembering TS1 again, though. That was my all-time favorite Sims game (because it was simple enough that I could make objects for it), though I haven't played it in years.

Seems I remember you're supposed to be able to place objects on a diagonal with some command (snapobjectstogrid off maybe?), but not sure. Have yet to try. Would I need _boolprop testingcheatsenabled on_ to execute such commands?
    edited April 2018
    Yes, you can. Yes, you can.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\Support - is where the readme.txt is located.*

Lots of information you might not know to ask yet. :)

1. Typing in Help after opening the command console. It will list many of the codes, but not all. TS2 is great in that you can expand and it remembers what you used that play session. No need to retype them all the time (if you use more that 3)
    2. A list of cheats- http://www.snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=cheats
    3. boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true is to rotate objects. Hold the object and use the < > keys to rotate.
    4. I use a userStartup.cheat in the Config folder which activates many without me having to type them in all the time. http://www.snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=userstartup
    5. setQuarterTilePlacement on and press F+Ctrl to activate for moving objects just a bit. Which I like better than the off grid code.
    6. Music: In order to play your own music in the game, just go to My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Music, and drop your .wav or .mp3 files in the appropriate folder.

*This doesn't mean you shouldn't ask questions- Not at all.
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    The music is awesome. I enjoy it as well. Hope you enjoy playing again. Rflong got your questions, so no need to repeat. :)
    edited April 2018
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Yes, you can. Yes, you can.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\Support - is where the readme.txt is located.*

Lots of information you might not know to ask yet. :)

1. Typing in Help after opening the command console. It will list many of the codes, but not all. TS2 is great in that you can expand and it remembers what you used that play session. No need to retype them all the time (if you use more that 3)
    2. A list of cheats- http://www.snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=cheats
    3. boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true is to rotate objects. Hold the object and use the < > keys to rotate.
    4. I use a userStartup.cheat in the Config folder which activates many without me having to type them in all the time. http://www.snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=userstartup
    5. setQuarterTilePlacement on and press F+Ctrl to activate for moving objects just a bit. Which I like better than the off grid code.
    6. Music: In order to play your own music in the game, just go to My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Music, and drop your .wav or .mp3 files in the appropriate folder.

*This doesn't mean you shouldn't ask questions- Not at all.

YAY! Thank you! That was extremely informative, just what I was hoping to find out! Really glad to know the readme has info like that in it, classically readmes just state changes and updates, so I pretty much ignore them. :D Those pages you sent me to were great!

Oh, I'm having another problem: my sims can't exercise for any length of time before they get overheated and go into heat stroke, even though they're at maximum fitness. I don't remember having that problem before. One of my sims who gained all his Body points (8) from the exercise bar (he wants to be a world class ballet dancer) just used the exercycle and went from green temp to max red in not even a minute real time. Is that normal? As a result, I'm forced to find other ways for them to build Body, but that means they don't build Fitness enthusiasm.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The Sims 2 & SimCity 4 were the best for music!
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Once they earn 3 body skills they can do yoga. Yoga doesn't make them tired, dirty, or hungry as fast. Also, Summer makes them overheat fast.
    The cycle has a problem where it can kill a Sim...iirc. Mainly by them wanting to use it too much.
    Once they earn 3 body skills they can do yoga. Yoga doesn't make them tired, dirty, or hungry as fast. Also, Summer makes them overheat fast.
    The cycle has a problem where it can kill a Sim...iirc. Mainly by them wanting to use it too much.

Yeesh! Why do I not remember ANYthing about TS2?! I don't remember having that problem with exercise equipment, I don't remember even having a temp meter, or being "In The Zone", or working on Enthusiasms, NONE of it! It's like I'm playing it for the first time even though I played it for years before moving on to TS3. Apparently you CAN go back again and start all over, because that's what I'm doing with TS2, total tabula rasa. LOL

Thanks for the yoga tip, will it help build enthusiasm for Fitness?

Summer, another Yeesh! In TS3 summer is much more forgiving, a lot like spring, and TS3 spring acts like winter here in Texas. I don't like the fall or winter months in TS3, so set my TS2 neighborhood to summer, summer, summer, spring. Now that I know what a killer summer is, I'd change the seasons, but how? Is there some way to start another Belladonna neighborhood, or have I ruined Belladonna by selecting the wrong seasons?
    edited April 2018
    You can change the season at anytime... Neighborhood view- up near the left corner is the Seasons icon. :)

You can change it back if you need. The neighborhood can be deleted and replaced -
    https://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Reset_Neighborhoods

The location is different with the UC- C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Apartment Life\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods
    Copy!- then paste it into the Neighborhoods folder in Documents (after deleting the old one).

*Forgot- Yes, Yoga does build Fitness enthusiasm. :)
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Fitness_(hobby)
    You can change the season at anytime... Neighborhood view- up near the left corner is the Seasons icon. :)

You can change it back if you need. The neighborhood can be deleted and replaced -
    https://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Reset_Neighborhoods

The location is different with the UC- C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Apartment Life\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods
    Copy!- then paste it into the Neighborhoods folder in Documents (after deleting the old one).

*Forgot- Yes, Yoga does build Fitness enthusiasm. :)
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Fitness_(hobby)

Rflong7, you are AWESOME! Thank you for answering my questions, you have a friend for life! LOL
    Thanks- Heheee! :mrgreen: It's just that I'm the one who happen to be on. There are so many here who know more than I do. :cookie:
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    I love me some ts2 music, I like to keep the radio on nowadays, just send my sims around with whatever stereo they can afford blasting tunes ha.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I love the College Rock station. I extracted all the music from that station so I could play it as my custom music for TS3 as well <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Here are my tips about The Sims 2:
    • Don't worry about heat in the summer and cold in the winter. Sims cannot die by them (starvation can). However, there is a very rare chance (0,1%) that sim may catch on fire when they have a heatstroke.
    • Needs in The Sims 2 tend to fall quicker than in The Sims 3. If the needs are too low, you can use maxMotives cheat.
    • After pressing Control+Shift+C, you can type in a letter and press Tab key to scroll through the cheats that start with the same letter. However, not all the cheats appear that way, especially those that start with BoolProp. Testing cheats is almost never required.
    • If a sim gets an illness, don't worry too much about it. Sims need some rest, and that rest they get every day is enough.
    • Before you have your sim become a zombie, think twice. You cannot cure them without mods.
    • Frequently check the inventory/rewards tab. Aspiration rewards also inculde Aspiration benefits that can slow your sim's needs down, give career benefits and benefits based on your sim's primary aspiration (chosen in CAS). You can also get a secondary aspiration for your sim.
    • Try out rotational play. Otherwise other sims aren't going to age, progresss in careers, skills and pregnancy and change.
    • Always add sub-neighborhoods (located in the upper left corner in the neighborhood view). There are 4 types of sub-neighborhoods: College, downtown, shopping district and vacation destination.
    • Always send your sim to college. College can give your sim either a head start in existing careers or give your sim access to college graduate exclusive careers. These career rewards include cowplant, old photo camera, plastic surgery machine and Resurrect-O-Nomitron.
    • Beware! Adult stage lasts for 29 days while baby to teen stages in total last for 30 days. You can only age up a sim when they have 1 day left. However, if you have created a college neighborhood, you can send teen there at any time so they can become a young adult there. Teens that don't go to college become adults instead.
    • If there are any annoying or boring music in the game, you can turn it off from options.
    That's it.

I agree, I like The Sims 2 music. However, one build mode music is actually boring for me (but I can turn it off at anytime I want). The Sims 2 even allows the player to create their own music stations that can be played by stereos. Unfortunately, there aren't any community lot speakers for the custom stations.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Here are my tips about The Sims 2:
    [snip for space]
    I agree, I like The Sims 2 music. However, one build mode music is actually boring for me (but I can turn it off at anytime I want). The Sims 2 even allows the player to create their own music stations that can be played by stereos. Unfortunately, there aren't any community lot speakers for the custom stations.

Excellent! Thank you very much! :D
  • simgumdropsimgumdrop Posts: 77 Member
    Sims 2 Bare Bones always makes me happy! :)
  • simsunwrittensimsunwritten Posts: 9 New Member
    TS2 music is the best. The Pets loading screen was my favorite. I just got the UC recently, and half of the fun is just listening to the music. It brings back my teen years. :) The loading screens are obnoxiously long compared to TS3 and TS4, but at least I can enjoy the music while it's loading (and go play TS3 or TS4 on my other computer lol).
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    The music in Sims 2 was definitely the best IMO! My daughter and I discovered some new artists we just loved and got their music in RL too!
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I had the music downloaded (before I got Ultimate Collection), and had that in the "Custom Music" station (Sims3), and been adding it to Sims4 as more stations become available.

Sims4 is FAR FROM being Sims2, but at least it'll have good music! :tongue:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!