Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What stuff pack should I buy?

gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
I own all stuff packs except for My First Pet*, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, and Luxury Party. In your opinion, which one should I get.

*I don't mind the cross pack stuff for MFP and C&D. I own Cats and Dogs, so it doesn't bother me.

What stuff pack should I buy? 97 votes

My First Pet
8%
IcewolfWritin_Regsimgirl1010Scorpina2009DaemonPawsTheGoodOldGamerListentoToppDoggPastelMermaid 8 votes
Vintage Glamour
48%
GoldmoldarimhappyJanljustChrisUkAnmirlacchant86BlingjohnnyFinvolabeladanicaitybee73annaliese39mariajane216Winifred_WillowLatinaBunnyBMSOSigzy05Karababy52AinegarapoesRebeccaLynn 47 votes
Luxury Party
10%
BlkBarbiegalBagoas77elelunicylittlemissgogohappygurlLoanetsummertaffy68BrindletonVanPelt81aria_candy 10 votes
Backyard
32%
icmnfrshTutteluuelanorbretonalanmichael1catloverplayerLustianiciaJennyggashcrash19ernesdoFrancl27AlbaWaterhouseTeenWolf_1999AurialChadSims2Internal_Chaossillyangel0906Strawburry3BreazonaPamtastic72TurquoisePapaya 32 votes

Comments

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    My First Pet
    Depends on what you're looking for, but if you want a new pet and/or new death (that works on vampires too!), MFP is a good choice. VG's good if you want the butler. Either one will give you the most for your money.

The other packs are good too, but more situational/niche. The big ol' slides from Backyard will probably end up on a community lot you only go to once in awhile (they're good for water parks, for example), and obviously Luxury Party stuff only really gets used if you throw a lot of parties, or again on community type lots (or builds like orphanages or nursing homes or something).

Just my thoughts, on those options.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Luxury Party
    really depends on which you'll get the most out of. I own all of 'em and they all get used for the most part. LP and VG have great CAS pieces and LP's buffet table sees a lot of action at parties I throw in-game. VG's butler and vanity is cool but don't see too much action in my game but the bedroom set gets used in my more extravagant households. MFP is rather niche so unless you really want the tiny critters and/or to complete the kids' bedroom set, I'd say opt for something else. backyard really fills out the outdoor furniture category but clothes-wise didn't blow me away. BUT if I had to pick. . . probably Luxury Party overall. if you play with a lot of children and stuff, MFP and Backyard are your best bet.
    6riwm5.png
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    Vintage Glamour
    I love everything in VG. I don't own Backyard but it's #2 on my DLC wishlist (behind Parenthood) so I'd likely recommend that one too.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    My First Pet
    Oh that's another thing about MFP! If you have Kids' Room SP, Toddlers, and/or Parenthood, a lot of the furniture really works with the younger Sims! :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Backyard
    Backyard is the best one in my opinion of course I have them all. Backyard adds bird feeders,lemonade pitchers,waterslides and windchimes.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Vintage Glamour
    Thanks guys! I still haven't decided yet, I'll be purchasing the pack later tonight. Vintage Glamour seems really nice, previously MFP and Backyard were my front-runners but now I'm not so sure! I really appreciate the feedback on the quality and usability of these stuff packs.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Backyard
    Backyard is one of my favorite and most used stuff packs.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
    Vintage Glamour
    Vintage Glamour seems to be doing best, and it does look like a really nice pack. They all look so nice though!
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Vintage Glamour
    Imho

CAS: Backyard Stuff > Luxury Party > Vintage Glamour > My First Pet

BB: Vintage Glamour > Backyard Stuff > My First Pet > Luxury Party

Gameplay: Vintage Glamour > Backyard Stuff > My First Pet > Luxury Party
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited March 2018
    Vintage Glamour
    CAS: Vintage Glamour > Luxury Party > Backyard Stuff > My First Pet

BB: Vintage Glamour > Backyard Stuff > My First Pet > Luxury Party

Gameplay: Vintage Glamour > Backyard Stuff > My First Pet > Luxury Party

The results are in...and I think we have a winner!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Luxury Party
    All of them.
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    edited March 2018
    Vintage Glamour
    I never judge a stuff pack by their gameplay since it's always so restricted, they usually come with one main gameplay feature.
    I always look at the build/buy items and cas items and by that, Vintage Glamour is the best imo and beats all the other stuff packs. It comes with some unique and beautiful furniture for bedroom and living room. CAS items are also very nice.
    Gameplay wise you'll get the butler and an interactive vanity table. Butler can be useful for your rich sims.
    edited March 2018
    Vintage Glamour
    I believe I'll be going with vintage Glamour! Next on my list is probably MFP.

Thanks all for helping!
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2018
    Vintage Glamour
    Out of these options, I'd say Vintage Glamour. I own all on the list but My First Pet so I am basing my vote off the ones I do own.
    Vintage Glamour
    I ended up getting Vintage Glamour and I absolutely love it! Thanks all!
  • AurialAurial Posts: 53 Member
    Backyard
    Backyard stuff adds a lot of new things and they'd be great if you're getting the Seasons pack!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Vintage Glamour
    Out of these, I'd definitely go with VG. If the style appeals to you. Also, you get a butler NPC, so I feel it adds the most value for 10,- :)
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Backyard
    Backyard has a unique summer atmosphere I couldn't play without.
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    edited May 2018
    Backyard
    Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY MY FIRST PET. It is a complete scam. It's a DLC for a DLC and is just the same hamster object that was re-skinned four times. Don't try and convince me otherwise, because My First Pet is the biggest money grab of 2018.

Vintage Glamour
    annabethc wrote: »
    Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY MY FIRST PET. It is a complete scam. It's a DLC for a DLC and is just the same hamster object that was re-skinned four times. Don't try and convince me otherwise, because My First Pet is the biggest money grab of 2018.

I think I'll likely end up getting regardless. I like the objects and the hamsters/hedgehog/whatever else. I'll probably wait for a sale, hopefully I can complete my full collection during the summer sale.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Backyard
    If you're going to buy seasons this one would make a great enhancement to that. It has water slides, working wind chimes, an iced tea/lemonade pitched your Sims can mix drinks in and more. I own it and love it and plan to utilize it even more once I get my clutches on the new EP!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Backyard
    Easily backyard and with Seasons just around the corner its a great way to expand on the summer experience.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Backyard
    annabethc wrote: »

I think I'll likely end up getting regardless. I like the objects and the hamsters/hedgehog/whatever else. I'll probably wait for a sale, hopefully I can complete my full collection during the summer sale.

If you have all the packs, sure, go for it. There's just that satisfaction of having every pack. But if you have only a little amount of stuff packs, like me (I only have 2) don't get My First Pet.