Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why won't my sims use these kitchen counters?

tumblr_p7j1n0nBQv1v707rto3_1280.png
the circled ones.
they keep going to various bathrooms around the house. it's very annoying because the house is huge and they take forever walking around from place to place.
they have used the sinks, and they will use the corner piece next to the dishwasher to cut food up, but then they will travel upstairs to put the food in the bowl/on the plate.
the counters they WILL use:
tumblr_p7j1n0nBQv1v707rto1_1280.png
tumblr_p7j1n0nBQv1v707rto2_1280.png
origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    You seem to have a lot of clutter on those counters they use. I thought that would stop them?! If there are empty spaces, perhaps add some more clutter and see if it helps.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited April 2018
    You seem to have a lot of clutter on those counters they use. I thought that would stop them?! If there are empty spaces, perhaps add some more clutter and see if it helps.
    ikr? but it doesn't.
    tumblr_p7j2j2sJsK1v707rto1_1280.png
    [bowl clipping through towel stack. ^^]
    i did have clutter on the kitchen counters too lol. i deleted most of it because i thought that was what was stopping them.
    eta; just processing you meant to add more clutter to the bathroom and not to clutter up the kitchen lmao, my bad, it's 2am i can't think. :flushed:

• Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    edited April 2018
    I love your sim's house.
    Post edited by LiaRose1435 on
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Just a guess but did you use the "moveobjects" cheat to build the kitchen ?.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited April 2018
    What @Bluebeard45 said. I don't know if that's the problem in your case, but I once downloaded a house from the gallery and they had used moveobjects on. My sim refused to use the kitchen counters and would only prepare food over the bathroom sink. I tried deleting things and rearranging, enlarging the house, but I never could get that house to work.

You might try temporarily deleting the cabinets directly over that counter space and test again to see if that's the problem.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I've had the same problem with sims not using the kitchen counters and no clutter is on them they instead either use the island counters attached to the bar or the bathroom counters that do have the clutter, the best way I could come up with them to use the kitchen counters was putting the other counters in the family inventory.

Also a chef station actually keeps them on the chef station when preparing food rather than routing to the bathroom.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    thanks for all the suggestions. i locked the bathroom doors to see if they'd resort to using the kitchen counters and they still wouldn't.
    i then removed the cabinets, windows, mats, and chandelier to see if they'd use it and they still wouldn't.
    i did use moveobjects on, i always do, but the counters were not placed irregularly with it.

• Options
    I love your sim's house.
    thanks, it's still a work in progress. i'm building it as the legacy goes along. :)

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    That kitchen is gorgeous, by the way. Have you tried removing the upper cabinets above that counter area they aren't using? I know it's strange, but sometimes things that don't appear to us to be in the way, is in the way for a Sim. For a time, we couldn't place shelves above the washer and dryer, as the Sims couldn't use the machines. It's worth a try, at least.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    I would guess the mats as you seem to have used MOO for them. In addition, I noticed there are bushes on the other side of the window. Did you use MOO on them too? If so, they could be invading the 'space' where the counter is positioned. It might be worth checking MOO or not as sometimes leaves stick through the walls. I also tend to find some of the suspended lights can cause objects to become useable and as Galacticgal said test the cupboards too.
  • Options
    That kitchen is gorgeous, by the way. Have you tried removing the upper cabinets above that counter area they aren't using? I know it's strange, but sometimes things that don't appear to us to be in the way, is in the way for a Sim. For a time, we couldn't place shelves above the washer and dryer, as the Sims couldn't use the machines. It's worth a try, at least.
    thanks. :)
    yep, i've tried removing the cabinets as well as the bushes on the other side of the window. it looks like these counters are just mysteriously glitched.

• Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited April 2018
    A couple last suggestions. You might try clearing your cache files and repairing your game through origin.

A couple weeks ago all the mushrooms in my game lost their monetary value, even when I picked new mushrooms. All were with 0 dollars. After clearing my cache files and repairing my game they were back to being worth 1 dollar.

Also, you could remove every last thing in and around your kitchen. Put it in your inventory or out in the yard temporarily. Then turn moveobjects off and put everything back together again. May not help, but might be worth a try. It is a really nice home; it would be a shame if it wasn't usable.
    Post edited by ClassicalSim on
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    You aren't alone. My Sims always plate up in the bathroom too. I deleted the spare counters in the end so they had no choice but to use the kitchen counters! So annoying though!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna